Can Trazodone cause me to have nightmares or very odd dreams?

Another2 29 Jun 2013

Yes that can happend to some people.

Anonymous 29 Jun 2013

Hello missmarymarie13. Yes. However, if the nightmares and dreams persist and you feel uncomfortable consult your doctor, who might offer another medication to replace the Trazodone with. Regards pledge

jerst 30 Jun 2013

yes I find any med I have used except for Xanax and possibly buspirone/Buspar... trazodone nefazodone..not so much..venlafaxine/Effexor even in low doses of Effexor any meds that affect the reuptake of serontonin can cause nightmares a friend of mine on this site is taking guanfacine/Tenex for this..not sure if they happened before taking meds or after..she is also on Buspar so maybe this can cause bad dreams..So I think maybe the Xanax and nefazodone did not cause bad dreams

missmarymarie13 17 Jul 2013

Thank you... This gives me a lot to think about :)

Anonymous 15 Jul 2013

That is one of the reasons I stopped it. Very bad ones!

jcobraxo 3 Apr 2015

I Been taking trazadone 50 mg every night for 3 months and I have nightmares every night but , I don't let them get to me

Prairiegal 23 Apr 2015

I just woke up from a light sleep. This drug gives me awful, vivid dreams. Very odd ones, often having to do with my mental health. I'll probably have to stop for that reason.

mariai25 6 Aug 2015

They give me vivid weird dreams.. Not necessarily bad but stuff out of a movie.. To be frank, it's almost entertaining.. It's like I'm watching a flick every night... The Only problem is... Sometimes I don't remember if I actually did or didn't do something or if I just dreamth it...

Amaw112 13 Aug 2015

I was put on 50mg Trazodone to help with insomnia caused by my antidepressants. Last night was the first time I had taken one and i had an awful, vivid dream that i can remember quite clearly. I am scared that this will continue to happen. The dream wasnt so much scary as disturbing and even thinking about it throughout the day, it bugs me in a weird way.

Jharris89 5 Sep 2015

I have taken trazodone many times to help me sleep at night. After taking a break for about a week, I took my normal dosage of 50 mg last night. For the first time ever I experienced multiple horribly vivid nightmares. I can remember most details from a few different nightmares and they truly frightened me. I am going to give trazodone another try tonight but if the nightmares continue I am going to ask my doctor for an alternative medication.

desertman888 22 Sep 2015

Trazodone gives me multiple or very long extremely vivid dreams. Not nightmares, but very detailed and pleasant to neutral.

Actually, I enjoy it.

Winterkalte 4 Dec 2015

I have experimented with it a few weeks, on then off, on then off as Rx for sleep to deal with array of other meds, rather than, use something like Ambien which causes dependency. Direct correlation. Horrific nightmares far worse than any Clive Barker book I have ever read, which, are worse than any silly horror movie. Things that are profoundly psychologically terrifying, cannot describe. I remember them. Involved my wife and children being tortured and unable to do anything. The other thing is that these are waking dreams that occur periodically over the night, perpetual intense REM and can't hit long wave. Every time hallucination coming out of sleep paralysis of intruders. Wake up screaming. Awake for 15 to 30 minutes, go back to sleep, they start up at full intensity again. I am an artist - I feel like this just hoped up my natural ability to rapidly conceptualize with hooks into base regions of brain, the nasty fight or flight patterns.

PepperM 4 Dec 2015

I have the dreams also but I love them. I actually dream in color which is awesome. Now when I take vistaril it gives me horrifying nightmares but sometimes I still have to take it. I think we all have dreams or nightmares on Trazodone. Pepper

namaste710 30 Jan 2016

The nightmare I had was vivid and full of anxiety after taking one pill. However, I will NOT allow a nightmare to keep me from having insomnia, I have not slept well in months, I will look at it as a Fright Movie, and continue to take my pill. Before going to bed I will fill my brain with affirmations
of peace, love, and tranquility!

Ang911 8 Feb 2016

I have been on trazadone for a few mths and have increased to 150mg at night and my night mares dreams and thoughts have increased in suicidal thoughts anxiety and paranoid episodes not sure what to do it is also causing very bad flu episodes please let me know any thoughts or similarities

Marinite 29 Jul 2016

So glad to hear these comments. I have taken Trazodone for over a year, at 100 mg., without issue. Last night I took the dose too early and I wasn't getting the effect I was looking for, so at 1:30 am, I took another. I had dreams all night - some that I would call nightmares, some hallucinogenic. I was also experiencing, visual and auditory hallucinations when I opened my eyes. Most bizarre was one where it seemed that I had a laptop on my thighs, and that I could "Facetime" with friends and family. They would ask me a question, and would actually wait for my response. Two other things: 1) they were very long and involved dreams, and 2) I can still remember every one!!

LUCERO1933 17 Aug 2016

Yes ! I don't generally have nightmares. Rather, I have dreams that have small snippets of distressing moments but are overall pleasantly and exhilaratingly strange... often including intimate moments with people I would have NEVER thought of about in that way in real life. I remember a lot of the dreams I have. And for a lot of them... I wish they could be real.

Page 1 2 Next