Can fluocinonide 0.05% gel be use in the mouth on gums & inside cheeks?

kaismama 26 Oct 2013

Absolutely not. It is for external use only. If you have a problem with your mouth, see your dentist.

sophie021012 26 Oct 2013

this was prescribed today for my husband by his pcp. for a sore on the inside of his cheek. I noticed the package said for external use only. Can this be dangerous if used in the mouth?

SPF63 21 Feb 2015

Hey kaismama, I been using Fluocinide on my gums and inside of my cheecks for years, it was doctors orders, i use the gel because is easier then the cream, all the same.

AlanWW 10 Jul 2015

The package that the fluocinonide 0.05% comes in says DO NOT USE IN YOUR MOUTH, NOSE, on your face OR EYES. My dentist said that in certain cases your doctor will advise you otherwise; in fact he said it's been used in the mouth for years. Only use it according to your doctor's instructions. In my case I have an inflammation between two of my teeth. He said apply a small amount between those two teeth and work it in further with floss, three times per day. For inside the mouth Gel is best or so I've heard, Cream is just fine but the ointment really tastes bad according to my dentist. I'm using the cream because my pharmacy didn't have the gel, the taste is very light and doesn't bother me at all, but I've only had one application at this point. :)