Can I take 2 of cyclobenzaprine 10 mg?

Marvell 13 Jan 2011

You shouldn't take 2 x 10mg cyclobenzaprine together, unless you doctor has advised you to do so.

https://www.drugs.com/dosage/cyclobenzaprine.html

marjorie zych 14 Jan 2011

I do not recommend you do that, I have and I was sooo dopey it wasn't funny. Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxer and it will relax you too much if you do take two of them. You should only take two if your doctor o.k.'s it and don't drive your reflexes will not be the same. hope this helps, marjorie zych

elisabeet08 15 Sep 2011

so it's okay to take 2 though? I've taken one and it doesn't even relax anything. so I took 2. someone was trying to say you can die if you take two like wtf... I seen this though and the max is 60 a day??

cyclobenzaprine - Flexeril ®
Dosing (Adults): Usual dose: 10 mg orally three times daily. Max: 60 mg/day.
[Oral: Initial: 5 mg 3 times/day; may increase to 10 mg 3 times/day if needed. Do not use longer than 2-3 weeks.]

HEPATIC IMPAIRMENT
Mild: 5 mg 3 times/day; use with caution and titrate slowly.
Moderate to severe: Use not recommended.

PK: Onset of action: ~1 hour.

tmf67 27 Nov 2016

Taking 2 Cylclobenzaprine, though you may not feel effects of one... can slow your respiration and your heart rate while you're sleeping. It's very dangerous! Please talk to your doctors. Never take more than you're prescribed. I have lost more than one friend and my own brother because of this very thing.

MotleyGirl71 20 May 2013

It is a muscle relaxer and your heart is a muscle, if you take too much at one time it can stop your heart

ExpectoPatronEm 8 Jan 2014

Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) works to relax skeletal muscle specifically. Your heart is a specialized cardiac muscle and is therefore not relaxed by the medication.

samurijack 17 Nov 2014

^sit down motleygirl

Chevans17 11 Jan 2014

Ask your doctor, he'll know the right answer, not people on the web. If you want advice about muscle relaxers, BE CAREFUL! Your heart is a muscle; so, technically your heart will relax and slowly stop beating until you die. So take the right dosage, if the dose is to low and you can't see a doctor quickly, take a pill and split another in half, then take the half and the whole pill. Be safe.

magnusalpha 3 May 2014

Nope. Incorrect.

adowns0310 21 May 2015

U will not die if u take 2 flexirils. Ur heart is a cardiovascular muscle and flexirils is for mainly ur skeletal muscle system. Whoever put that ur heart will slowly stop beating is incorrect. Just be careful all it will do is make u feel dopey.

smartypants33 15 Oct 2014

You guys are silly they higher dosages than 10 so why not take two?? I have a bad back and I have taken why higher than that! Lol

MrsJohnson 23 Jun 2015

It's not recommended that you do that for the simple fact that Flexeril is used to relax your muscles. ALL your muscles, that includes your heart. And when taking two at a time CAN stop your heart. I've seen it happen and I've done it myself. It can also cause sever swelling in the back of your throat, making it hard to swallow or breathe.
I take one and a half because, like you said, one doesn't do much. But I do not recommend you even take over one. There are other drugs that can help you be relaxed.

Shannon.

EMTWhite 21 Sep 2015

MrsJohnson

You couldn't be more incorrect. Muscle relaxers only affect skeletal and smooth muscle systems. The heart is formed by a separate muscle group (cardiac muscle) and has its own chemical system. Cardiac Arrest is caused by an arythmia (V Fib). Taking two 10mg flelxiril will NOT cause cardiac arrest, at least not on its own. Every medication has a lethal dose and can cause cardiac arrest, but the thing that normally causes cardiac arrest related to drug overdoses is respiratory arrest. Please if you don't know what you are talking about, don't spread incorrect information.

jesi777 24 Oct 2015

EMT White : I totally agree with you! I hate when ppl start thinking there Middle name is Britanica! These wanna be human Encyclopedia ' s deal out wrong useless info, not knowing the damage they can cause later.

therage 8 Jul 2015

Yes, nothing will happen, I take it myself nd have taken up to 3 including 1 hydrocodone nd 1 gabapentin at the same time

Orbs 26 Oct 2015

While a dose of 20mg is fitting within the daily limit you should check with your doctor first. My pharmacist told me that it relaxes all muscles, it makes no differentiation between skeletal and other muscles. This was directly from my pharmacist whom I trust more than know it all's on the internet. That is why a glance at the drug fact sheet with your scrip says an overdose may impair heart and respiratory function. And shouldn't be mixed with alcohol. Call your doctor. They know your health history and are more equiped to answer your question. Hell, even a 24 hour nursing line would give you better information than you will get here.

Draconian 22 Nov 2015

Is it alright to parachute 20mg for first time taking it or just do 10mg?

torpe30 26 May 2016

Your pharmacist is wrong. My sister is a nurse for a cardiologist and he says that muscle relaxers work on skeletal muscles. The heart muscle is unaffected and that only makes sense because you wouldn't want to relax that particular muscle. After I was told this I called my own doctor and googled it and got the same answer. Skeletal only. But google it yourself.

Can I take 2 tablets of cyclobenzaprine?

Zerokill 22 Jun 2016

I just took 30 mg of the cyclo and 2 gabapentan I'll let u know if I die

Tara Starlight 3 Aug 2016

I hope you are still alive my dear. that's not funny.

tmf67 27 Nov 2016

No. That's not funny. There are people who have lost loved ones to accidental overdoses. I've lost 2. My little brother, and a boyfriend. It's extremely serious and dangerous to take more medication than prescribed. Your lungs move by muscles in the diaphragm. If you take too many muscle relaxers you can get labored breathing and then your heart starts racing. You end up never waking from your sleep.

kelciel 4 Aug 2016

I took 5 last night and slept well... no problem.

Bcastlee 7 Sep 2016

I just took 4 cyclobenzaprine 10mg at once by accident thinking they were my spirnolatone because they look the same and I picked up on wrong bottle didn't notice until after will I be ok trying to call doctor or pharmacist But I'm so nervous I'll od

Chaselynn_1 12 Nov 2016

I took 6 pills of 10mg all at once of cyclobenzaprine and I also had xanax in my system from the day before and I'm suprisised I didn't OD. But it made me really , really tired and confused. Plus I was at school so in every class I would just pass out and my teacher kept waking me up to ask if I needed to go to the nurse and I could barely respond bc I was so out of it. But that's all I remember cause my memory was kinda messed up.

0no 24 Dec 2016

Dear CH,
If I was your teacher I would have called 911 and taken you to the nurse. Then I would see you in the hospital, hug you, hold your hand, love you and tell you never to do that again! CH... please be careful. ODing is not pleasant and the consequences will extend beyond the physical and emotional aspects. Luvs from me to you...