Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Depression 1 reviews 75 medications

5.7
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 48 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Paliperidone

Review by tan77:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I have on this medicine for 1 week. I was on Seroquel and was aggressive on it, making bad decisions. I feel much better even singing and laughing. I am eating more than on Seroquel which wasn't much but am making healthy choices.

March 19, 2015 7:32 AM

Review by mimi98:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: I have being on Invega Sustenna now for 4 month. It has been great medication but I started to have facial movement small, but I'm afraid it might increase. I will ask my doctor to reduce the dosage so I might not have side effect.

January 22, 2015 2:01 AM

Review by PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Wow this is like a miracle for me. More free space in my head than ever before, easy to think straight, increased motivation to look after myself, no paranoia. Overall I have found this fantastic. Was on Seroquel and have lost a few kgs already since swapping to Invega! Yay.

January 17, 2015 11:26 PM

Review by PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Been on Invega ER for two months; so much better in the head, sorted the acute psychosis out, organized my thoughts in a new and helpful way, slight orthostatic hypotension and drowsiness is easing - overall, this has been a saviour re paranoia and hallucinations etc. AND I am more motivated to do things; continuing with Pristiq at 200mgs and paliperidone 9mg good.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 4:25 AM

Review by Federalnoise:

For Schizophrenia: This medication appears to have no side effects at all on me. I get 100mg of the long lasting injection every month. You don't feel anything. No different except a bit sleepy after the injection. It is a far cry from risperidone. It is early days yet as I have been on it 3 months now but overall I would say my thoughts are slightly clearer. Weight gain minimal.

December 8, 2014 5:42 AM

Review by Improved patient:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I was diagnosed in 2013 with schizophrenia and depressive behavior. Prior to my last hospitalization none of the meds were working on me. My family changed my physician and she firmly believed Invega combined with Sertraline would do the trick. I am most grateful to her and my family for their desire to help me. I no longer hear the voices, I can go out in the public, watch TV, listen to the radio and enjoy it like I used to. I feel safe again, the paranoia of thinking people were after me is gone, I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore and I'm starting to build a social life again. I am 24 years old and I'm grateful for the unconditional support my family and new doctor have giving me, My life back.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2014 2:27 PM

Review by Jessica LAWSON:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: I have a lot of vomiting after the shot, but it goes away. The voices are minimal, hallucinations are almost gone. I think it's worth it; hopefully my body will get used to it.

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by tchana:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine.

September 20, 2014 6:42 AM

Review by DontStandCloseToMe (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I really loved Invega. It stabilized my mood completely and I felt constantly on cloud nine. After the second month on the medication I began experiencing a number of side effects such as headaches, breast swelling/discharge and blurred vision. The side effects continued to get worse and eventually I had to stop taking the medicine all together.

September 15, 2014 9:41 PM

Review by Doterdot:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: Very high smoking sensation, weight gain, tiredness, and insomnia. But its the best antipsychotic med for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects.

July 16, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I have been on Invega for 5 months now and it has significantly improved my quality of living. Prior to the shot I was on numerous antipsychotics and would begin to stop taking the pills and go into relapse with symptoms. I'm not on the shot and auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia have decreased dramatically. I like that it is a monthly shot and it cuts down remembering (or wanting) to take a pill once or twice a day.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 12:20 AM

Review by unknown 33:

For Bipolar Disorder: Invega made me gain at least 20 pounds. I'm sure it helped with something but I gradually lowered it from 6 to 3 and now recently stopped completely. hoping to lose the weight after.....still get depressed

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by Andrew The Great (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Long history of medications. Primary issues are addiction and ADHD (addiction to ADHD meds). Now I believe it is somewhat of a misdiagnosis. Regardless, unemployable, bad dreams, and unable to get out of bed. Must switch probably to Latuda (hopefully). Would not recommend.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2014 3:36 PM

Review by alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Invega 9 mg is perfect.

February 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by delucz89:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by LHHL:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: I had tried Abilify, Fanapt, lithium, Depakote, and Geodon for my bipolar disorder. Luckily, a doctor introduced me to Invega. It helped dramatically with my bipolar issues and alcohol abuse. I have absolutely no problem with my mood since being on this medicine. I'm always happy and am no longer irritable since being on this medicine. I don't have a problem with alcohol abuse anymore and I'm able to drink like a normal person. There are two problems I have with Invega though. The first is that I gained weight dramatically. In 5 months I gained 50 lbs. Also I would have random spurts of horrible anxiety. Great medication all in all though.

August 3, 2013 1:07 AM

Review by harry nos:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good.

July 18, 2013 6:58 AM

Review by wonderfull alive:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: I get the shot of Invega Sustenna 156mg once every 4 weeks. I am 62 and have tried everything in every research hospital in Indiana and Illinois. I use it as monotherapy along with counseling and it has revolutionalized my life. I have no side effects. I work full time as a school teacher and I am working on my master's degree and expect to graduate soon. I finally found my own miracle in this medicine. I am so grateful to my new doctor, nurse, and therapist and now to you who are reading this.

July 15, 2013 8:10 PM

Review by Chany (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: On this medicine I do notice my moods are a lot more stable. But I feel my anxiety and depression is a lot worse.

June 7, 2013 12:30 AM

For Schizophrenia: I'm being treated for negative symptoms. It doesn't really help with motivation but I can think clearly. What I don't like is the sexual side effects and sleeping more and weakness.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2013 7:30 PM

Review by truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects.

March 14, 2013 11:45 AM

Review by crowbabe (taken for less than 1 month):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I have been taking this for less than a week and it has already given me favourable results. I would recommend this to anyone.

February 28, 2013 6:58 AM

For Schizophrenia: I've been taking paliperidone for the last year with good results: a proactive lifestyle including uni and drinking with no delusions, depression or paranoi and few hallucinations at night. However, the prolactin level has increased to where the possibility of breast tissue (gynecomastia) can form. As a preventive measure, my doctors have suggested that I change medication. I have had perceptibly minor side effects (akinesia [which annoys others, but when genuinely interested, I stop], monthly upper lip muscle tightening, sexual dysfunction, broken sleeps, vivid dreams, hypnagogic hallucinations [weird and sometimes scary]). Would recommend. Consult doctor, but if risperidone worked, try this as it's a metabolite of risperidone.

January 5, 2013 6:21 AM

Review by sleek12 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: This medicine is like no other! Am telling you for the first time, there is clarity of thought on my patient, she is actually working, cleaning, grooming and socializing, 80% recovery is seen! I can live with that.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate