User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Autism 1 reviews 7 medications

Bipolar Disorder 10 reviews 46 medications

5.7
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 56 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Paliperidone

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Feel okay but gained 60ibs in three months. Horrible joint pain."

Drake109 July 26, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Hello, I was on Risperdal for 3 years, I switched to Invega just over a month ago and am already losing a good deal of weight, I do sometimes get restless but I accept this as the price for not sleeping 17 hours a day on Risperdal, my appetite is normal and I don't eat huge portions anymore, my energy is up and I can actually feel emotions fully again, for the first time in a long long time, would recommend giving this a try to anyone - just remember some people get different side effects, for me this also took away sexual side effects that were limiting my relationships."

pelikaani July 15, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "alot of issues with this medication: extreme bloating, weight gain and hunger. pain in abdomen, gurgling sounds in abdomen area, burping and belching after every single meal, which normally never occurred with me. Dizziness almost all the time, extreme headaches, EXTREME muscle stiffness and much difficulty walking and doing daily activities. Sweating for no apparent reason. Insomnia."

anonymous5000 June 7, 2015

For Schizophrenia: "I have been on this paliperidone for 2 years. It's the best for managing the voices and delusions. They stopped and went away very quickly. Side effects were lactation, increased sex drive, insomnia. I would recommend it to anyone who needs it because it works very well"

jellybean33 May 24, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My daughter had the injection this month.It stopped her psychosis, still a little paranoia. The first ten days severe pain in neck. Also some dizziness still and balance problems she says. She took cogentin for neck. Some relief from the neck now. Another issue from blood test is high prolactin level. We will be seeing her Dr this week .Dont know if side effects worth it"

pazmataz (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "i have been on this med for just over two weeks my head is clear my thoughts are better my communication better my partner cant get over the diffrence no anger no depression in fact i laugh and sing now my partner and i dont fight any more i actualy went for a walk this morning instead of hiding at home this is great my choice of food is better healthier so hoping to loose wieght since i put so much on on the serequel now all i have to do is talk my partners case worker to put him on it he has scizophrenea and struggles day to day with all sorts of side effects love this stuff there is a light at the end of the tunnel"

tan444 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have on this medicine for 1 week. I was on Seroquel and was aggressive on it, making bad decisions. I feel much better even singing and laughing. I am eating more than on Seroquel which wasn't much but am making healthy choices."

tan77 March 19, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have being on Invega Sustenna now for 4 month. It has been great medication but I started to have facial movement small, but I'm afraid it might increase. I will ask my doctor to reduce the dosage so I might not have side effect."

mimi98 January 22, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Wow this is like a miracle for me. More free space in my head than ever before, easy to think straight, increased motivation to look after myself, no paranoia. Overall I have found this fantastic. Was on Seroquel and have lost a few kgs already since swapping to Invega! Yay."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Been on Invega ER for two months; so much better in the head, sorted the acute psychosis out, organized my thoughts in a new and helpful way, slight orthostatic hypotension and drowsiness is easing - overall, this has been a saviour re paranoia and hallucinations etc. AND I am more motivated to do things; continuing with Pristiq at 200mgs and paliperidone 9mg good."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2014

For Schizophrenia: "This medication appears to have no side effects at all on me. I get 100mg of the long lasting injection every month. You don't feel anything. No different except a bit sleepy after the injection. It is a far cry from risperidone. It is early days yet as I have been on it 3 months now but overall I would say my thoughts are slightly clearer. Weight gain minimal."

Federalnoise December 8, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was diagnosed in 2013 with schizophrenia and depressive behavior. Prior to my last hospitalization none of the meds were working on me. My family changed my physician and she firmly believed Invega combined with Sertraline would do the trick. I am most grateful to her and my family for their desire to help me. I no longer hear the voices, I can go out in the public, watch TV, listen to the radio and enjoy it like I used to. I feel safe again, the paranoia of thinking people were after me is gone, I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore and I'm starting to build a social life again. I am 24 years old and I'm grateful for the unconditional support my family and new doctor have giving me, My life back."

Improved patient December 7, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have a lot of vomiting after the shot, but it goes away. The voices are minimal, hallucinations are almost gone. I think it's worth it; hopefully my body will get used to it."

Jessica LAWSON November 22, 2014

For Autism: "Our son has been on invega for over a year. It is the wonder drug. Nothing else worked until this. We love how more outgoing our son is and can have a normal conversation. He works now and making friends. This has been a break through for him."

ebaywidow (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 18, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine."

tchana September 20, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "I really loved Invega. It stabilized my mood completely and I felt constantly on cloud nine. After the second month on the medication I began experiencing a number of side effects such as headaches, breast swelling/discharge and blurred vision. The side effects continued to get worse and eventually I had to stop taking the medicine all together."

DontStandCloseToMe (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2014

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Very high smoking sensation, weight gain, tiredness, and insomnia. But its the best antipsychotic med for me."

Doterdot August 4, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects."

kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2014

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on Invega for 5 months now and it has significantly improved my quality of living. Prior to the shot I was on numerous antipsychotics and would begin to stop taking the pills and go into relapse with symptoms. I'm not on the shot and auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia have decreased dramatically. I like that it is a monthly shot and it cuts down remembering (or wanting) to take a pill once or twice a day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

For Schizophrenia: "I have been on Paliperidone for nearly 2 weeks, I was on Ziprasidone before that, even though it was working a charm for me, but I had to change to Paliperidone because Ziprasidone was not licensed in the UK. However, starting the Paliperidone I was a bit skeptic as I was on Resperidone before but it wasn't for me, and taking it with Venlafaxine didn't help either. Anyway, Paliperidone so far works a treat in terms of auditory hallucinations and the weird thinking, even a bit better than Ziprasidone, however, I'm still going through bouts of fatigue, dizziness and extreme demotivation. In addition to a very increased appetite, which is a problem for me since I'm already obese. And also a very rapid hear beating nearly all day. Any info? thx"

dnt.l4b3l.m3 (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "Invega made me gain at least 20 pounds. I'm sure it helped with something but I gradually lowered it from 6 to 3 and now recently stopped completely. hoping to lose the weight after.....still get depressed"

unknown 33 May 1, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder: "Long history of medications. Primary issues are addiction and ADHD (addiction to ADHD meds). Now I believe it is somewhat of a misdiagnosis. Regardless, unemployable, bad dreams, and unable to get out of bed. Must switch probably to Latuda (hopefully). Would not recommend."

Andrew The Great (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Invega 9 mg is perfect."

alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2014

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse. "

delucz89 January 13, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I had tried Abilify, Fanapt, lithium, Depakote, and Geodon for my bipolar disorder. Luckily, a doctor introduced me to Invega. It helped dramatically with my bipolar issues and alcohol abuse. I have absolutely no problem with my mood since being on this medicine. I'm always happy and am no longer irritable since being on this medicine. I don't have a problem with alcohol abuse anymore and I'm able to drink like a normal person. There are two problems I have with Invega though. The first is that I gained weight dramatically. In 5 months I gained 50 lbs. Also I would have random spurts of horrible anxiety. Great medication all in all though."

LHHL August 3, 2013