User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Autism 1 reviews 7 medications

Bipolar Disorder 10 reviews 33 medications

5.7
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 67 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Paliperidone

For Schizophrenia: "I have been on paliperidone for about a year now. The side effects I have is I get alot of nightmares and bad dreams which I never had before. I do alot of rocking backwards and forwards every time I sit down which is really upsetting and annoying. I have alot of restlessness. I find it difficult to settle and do things. In terms of sleep, this medication is good. I have energy at least. I have tried other medications and had side effects as well. I am having this medication reduced and eventually will be off having antipsychotic drugs. I am sick of the side effects. Clozapine made me sick all the time and sleepy. Another medication I was on I had blurred vision. Sick of the side effects. I'd rather take the risk with having a relapse ."

terriberry January 13, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been suffering major depression for over 10 years and Zoloft took the edge off but I was still extremely depressed. I had mood swings and disorganized thinking, speech problems by being unable to articulate what I mean, paranoia and so forth. I was originally diagnosed with bipolar disorder but the diagnoses didn't fit. I also was diagnosed with Aspergers. I took a personality and general mental health test by a professional psychologist and the results were tallied by a computer. I have schizoaffective disorder. I showed my results to my psychiatrist and she's prescribed invega. My depression is gone, I laugh and tell jokes, I can think clearly now and my relationship with my husband has never been better. Thank you!"

Nikkisaturn December 28, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Would be an absolutely perfect drug without the side effects. Constant tiredness and dizziness makes it almost impossible to work. It definitely has high effects on motor skills and sexual ability. But, hallucinations and delusions are gone. No more voices, and paranoid thoughts after only a month. It's a good drug if you want to sleep all day."

BIbijoseph December 17, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "After My doughter' s birth I suffered from this mental illness. Except of weight gain, invega is wonderful medicine."

Rubynd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I feel like this medication is OK minus the weight gain feels like I put on a lot of weight and is hard to loose"

Anonymous November 26, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I am living a productive symptom free life because of Invega shot 4 yrs, 6mg pill for 1. Now college grad, off disability, full time job (40 k) at investment bank all possible by Invega. I was severely sick and now I haven't been for 5 years. It took a couple of hospitalizations, several lost jobs, and even jail ( which was turning point) to find Invega. I did 3 full time yrs in college and got 3.9 in finance. Only sides effects I've had are slightly high cholesterol and weight gain which for me is somewhat manageable with diet although for what I eat I'd be 20 pds less. I am now crystal clear and have zero symptoms. Life changer."

RamiJames November 17, 2015

For Depression: "I had two half injections of this medication to treat my depression. I experienced many of the side effects that are listed. Some of those include discharge from my breast, missed menstrual cycle, weight gain, and other funny feelings to my body. Upon experiencing these side effects I decided that this medication was not for me."

vet one of millions October 20, 2015

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "When this drug is given regularly, can give the life back to the patients. I have seen their hygiene get better and them get more social."

Anonymous October 2, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I feel gr8 once I swallow invega. It will make me a little tired at night. Sometimes when I'm hungry and try not to eat, I will get a strong stomach ache. Once in awhile I will get suicidal thoughts, but am not dangerous to me or others in any way, they're just thoughts of suicide. When it's hot outside, I tend to feel very hot, and I sweat more, too. It's hard to lose weight on this medication which is what I hate about this.....and I've gained ALOT since my pregnancy. My stomach area is inflamed with cortisol....I look horrible with a Santa belly....ppl always ask me if I'm pregnant, and some even stare. Even if I try not to eat, it is very hard to lose any weight with this medication, and no matter what you eat, you gain weight."

pillsbury cakes (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "When I first started taking invega it took away the voices and delusional thoughts better than the other injection I was receiving. Weening off of it was not hard but I was also taking large doses of niacin and lithium at the time. I had a manic episode that lasted 3 months after withdrawing. After that, one injection brought me back to reality in less than a day. I have extreme weight gain on invega, drousiness (sleep 12 hours a day) and decreased sex drive. Though it is important for me to point out, like I said, no mania or hallucinating. I function well on the injection. It is the side effects that I have troubles dealing with."

Damien Guymon August 6, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Feel okay but gained 60ibs in three months. Horrible joint pain."

Drake109 July 26, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Hello, I was on Risperdal for 3 years, I switched to Invega just over a month ago and am already losing a good deal of weight, I do sometimes get restless but I accept this as the price for not sleeping 17 hours a day on Risperdal, my appetite is normal and I don't eat huge portions anymore, my energy is up and I can actually feel emotions fully again, for the first time in a long long time, would recommend giving this a try to anyone - just remember some people get different side effects, for me this also took away sexual side effects that were limiting my relationships."

pelikaani July 15, 2015

For Depression: "One doc put me on 1 1/2 every day at first and about a year later reduced it to 1/ 1/2 every other night. Then she quit and a nurse practitioner put me on 3mg every night in May which increased my motivation but by now July my concentration is worse. And my anxiety is back. But I attribute that to her increasing my Cymbalta from 30 to 60 mg which was tried before and didn't work. So 4 days ago I went back on 30 and my anxiety has settled down."

Momma junks July 14, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "alot of issues with this medication: extreme bloating, weight gain and hunger. pain in abdomen, gurgling sounds in abdomen area, burping and belching after every single meal, which normally never occurred with me. Dizziness almost all the time, extreme headaches, EXTREME muscle stiffness and much difficulty walking and doing daily activities. Sweating for no apparent reason. Insomnia."

anonymous5000 June 7, 2015

For Schizophrenia: "I have been on this paliperidone for 2 years. It's the best for managing the voices and delusions. They stopped and went away very quickly. Side effects were lactation, increased sex drive, insomnia. I would recommend it to anyone who needs it because it works very well"

jellybean33 May 24, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My daughter had the injection this month.It stopped her psychosis, still a little paranoia. The first ten days severe pain in neck. Also some dizziness still and balance problems she says. She took cogentin for neck. Some relief from the neck now. Another issue from blood test is high prolactin level. We will be seeing her Dr this week .Dont know if side effects worth it"

pazmataz (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "i have been on this med for just over two weeks my head is clear my thoughts are better my communication better my partner cant get over the diffrence no anger no depression in fact i laugh and sing now my partner and i dont fight any more i actualy went for a walk this morning instead of hiding at home this is great my choice of food is better healthier so hoping to loose wieght since i put so much on on the serequel now all i have to do is talk my partners case worker to put him on it he has scizophrenea and struggles day to day with all sorts of side effects love this stuff there is a light at the end of the tunnel"

tan444 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have on this medicine for 1 week. I was on Seroquel and was aggressive on it, making bad decisions. I feel much better even singing and laughing. I am eating more than on Seroquel which wasn't much but am making healthy choices."

tan77 March 19, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have being on Invega Sustenna now for 4 month. It has been great medication but I started to have facial movement small, but I'm afraid it might increase. I will ask my doctor to reduce the dosage so I might not have side effect."

mimi98 January 22, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Wow this is like a miracle for me. More free space in my head than ever before, easy to think straight, increased motivation to look after myself, no paranoia. Overall I have found this fantastic. Was on Seroquel and have lost a few kgs already since swapping to Invega! Yay."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Been on Invega ER for two months; so much better in the head, sorted the acute psychosis out, organized my thoughts in a new and helpful way, slight orthostatic hypotension and drowsiness is easing - overall, this has been a saviour re paranoia and hallucinations etc. AND I am more motivated to do things; continuing with Pristiq at 200mgs and paliperidone 9mg good."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2014

For Schizophrenia: "This medication appears to have no side effects at all on me. I get 100mg of the long lasting injection every month. You don't feel anything. No different except a bit sleepy after the injection. It is a far cry from risperidone. It is early days yet as I have been on it 3 months now but overall I would say my thoughts are slightly clearer. Weight gain minimal."

Federalnoise December 8, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was diagnosed in 2013 with schizophrenia and depressive behavior. Prior to my last hospitalization none of the meds were working on me. My family changed my physician and she firmly believed Invega combined with Sertraline would do the trick. I am most grateful to her and my family for their desire to help me. I no longer hear the voices, I can go out in the public, watch TV, listen to the radio and enjoy it like I used to. I feel safe again, the paranoia of thinking people were after me is gone, I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore and I'm starting to build a social life again. I am 24 years old and I'm grateful for the unconditional support my family and new doctor have giving me, My life back."

Improved patient December 7, 2014

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have a lot of vomiting after the shot, but it goes away. The voices are minimal, hallucinations are almost gone. I think it's worth it; hopefully my body will get used to it."

Jessica LAWSON November 22, 2014

For Autism: "Our son has been on invega for over a year. It is the wonder drug. Nothing else worked until this. We love how more outgoing our son is and can have a normal conversation. He works now and making friends. This has been a break through for him."

ebaywidow (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 18, 2014