User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Depression 1 reviews 75 medications

5.6
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 34 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Paliperidone

Review by alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Invega 9 mg is perfect.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 13, 2014 12:27 PM
Review by delucz89: User Rating:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 13, 2014 6:11 AM
Review by LHHL: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: I had tried Abilify, Fanapt, lithium, Depakote, and Geodon for my bipolar disorder. Luckily, a doctor introduced me to Invega. It helped dramatically with my bipolar issues and alcohol abuse. I have absolutely no problem with my mood since being on this medicine. I'm always happy and am no longer irritable since being on this medicine. I don't have a problem with alcohol abuse anymore and I'm able to drink like a normal person. There are two problems I have with Invega though. The first is that I gained weight dramatically. In 5 months I gained 50 lbs. Also I would have random spurts of horrible anxiety. Great medication all in all though.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 3, 2013 1:07 AM
Review by harry nos: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 18, 2013 6:58 AM
Review by wonderfull alive: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: I get the shot of Invega Sustenna 156mg once every 4 weeks. I am 62 and have tried everything in every research hospital in Indiana and Illinois. I use it as monotherapy along with counseling and it has revolutionalized my life. I have no side effects. I work full time as a school teacher and I am working on my master's degree and expect to graduate soon. I finally found my own miracle in this medicine. I am so grateful to my new doctor, nurse, and therapist and now to you who are reading this.

July 15, 2013 8:10 PM
Review by Chany (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: On this medicine I do notice my moods are a lot more stable. But I feel my anxiety and depression is a lot worse.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 7, 2013 12:30 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

paliperidone for Schizophrenia: I'm being treated for negative symptoms. It doesn't really help with motivation but I can think clearly. What I don't like is the sexual side effects and sleeping more and weakness.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 5, 2013 7:30 PM
Review by truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects.

March 14, 2013 11:45 AM
Review by crowbabe (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I have been taking this for less than a week and it has already given me favourable results. I would recommend this to anyone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2013 6:58 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

paliperidone for Schizophrenia: I've been taking paliperidone for the last year with good results: a proactive lifestyle including uni and drinking with no delusions, depression or paranoi and few hallucinations at night. However, the prolactin level has increased to where the possibility of breast tissue (gynecomastia) can form. As a preventive measure, my doctors have suggested that I change medication. I have had perceptibly minor side effects (akinesia [which annoys others, but when genuinely interested, I stop], monthly upper lip muscle tightening, sexual dysfunction, broken sleeps, vivid dreams, hypnagogic hallucinations [weird and sometimes scary]). Would recommend. Consult doctor, but if risperidone worked, try this as it's a metabolite of risperidone.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2013 6:21 AM
Review by sleek12 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

paliperidone for Schizoaffective Disorder: This medicine is like no other! Am telling you for the first time, there is clarity of thought on my patient, she is actually working, cleaning, grooming and socializing, 80% recovery is seen! I can live with that.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 6, 2012 7:44 AM
Review by SoundSystem (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: The medicine is partly covered by my issurance company. Current maintenance dosage 3 mg (was 6mg) Invega. After taking Invega my positive symptoms vanished completely after a number of weeks, furthermore I don't get an unreal sense (depersonalization) which was the case with Risperdal. Unfortenately I got the following side-effects (discussed with my physician): - weight gain (8 kilo's) - sometimes strange expression around mouth, stiffness - tiredness/weakness, need more sleep - intense dreaming, sometimes nightmares - harder to breath through nose - increase of ALAT blood values (80) - dizziness after sudden activity - heartburn For now the positive effects outweight the negative effects.

November 25, 2012 2:54 PM

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: It was a very harsh medicine. I had urinary problems.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 20, 2012 1:05 PM
Review by JessTyna (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: This medicine is the only one that lets me function with little to no side effects.

June 11, 2012 10:23 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: Invega is working great on auditory symptoms and no lethargy noted. I have noted some of the adverse side effects after the first dose: sudden weight gain, indigestion, pain at injection site and sore throat. In addition to these there has been increasing facial and abdominal bloating, I am concerned but there is no other medicine I am aware of at this time and the doctor feels the benefit outweighs the side effects.

May 13, 2012 4:13 PM
Review by dhall10067: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: Invega has gotten rid of my mania at 75 mg monthly injection. However, the side effects are much more than lithium or valproic acid and it is much worse on the body. So I think it is really better to just take a mood stabilizer so am thinking of switching to lithium or valproic acid. I will try to reduce to the lowest injection which is 50 mg monthly. I am using it as a monotherapy. It along with Risperdone injection are the only long-lasting injections available. So they force it on me because they don

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 30, 2012 9:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: They put me on palperidone and within a week, I was very aggressive. They took me straight off it again.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2012 7:32 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

paliperidone for Schizoaffective Disorder: I have just been on the medication for 2 weeks and finally feel like a human being again. I am sleeping better, not overeating, feel happier, am more talkative and actually feel like living. I have not had a psychotic episode in the past 2 weeks but I know this might not be the reason since the medication is so new. I truly was a real burden on everyone because I was upset, angry, seeing or hearing things and crying all the time. Not many people understood just how bad I felt. I'm hoping to get feeling even better but if this is the best that it gets I will sure be okay with just feeling like this. No one knows how hopeless this disease can make you feel.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 4, 2011 9:24 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

paliperidone for Schizoaffective Disorder: This medicine has been very helpful. Has controlled my symptoms pretty well but does tend to make me a little drowsy at times.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 7, 2011 10:01 PM

Invega (paliperidone): My son has Autism. Like many with Autism, he has meltdowns. However, his meltdowns are violent. He had been taking Abilify for 4 years, and it worked GREAT! However, he started having muscle spasms. So the doctor switched him to Invega. He loves it! He does NOT like feeling out of control. It gives him the control over his emotions he likes without the muscle spasms.

February 28, 2011 12:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): I think this medicine is awesome! I've personally struggled with hearing voices since age 17 and visions since age 20. I have been on psychotropic medications since age 14, all different types. From age 19 I have been taking the Risperdal Consta injection until 2 months ago when I started the Invega Sustena injection. The voices and visions are completely gone. And, I'm alot more alert than I was on Risperdal Consta injection.

January 17, 2011 5:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: I've been taking Invega for almost two years. It does wonders for my concentration. I went from being unable to drive, cook or take care of myself to being able to live a normal life. I work, function normally socially, drive and pretty much do whatever I want. I didn't notice that the Invega helped much with the depression. I take Effexor for that, and it is great. I spend most of my time being content now, which is wonderful. My biggest complaint about the Invega is that it does nothing to stop the hallucinations. The only side effects I had were blurred vision and orthostatic hypotension (dizziness upon standing). Both went away after 7-10 days. I have to say that the withdrawal symptoms are unpleasant (dizziness, seizures, jitteriness.)

January 3, 2011 4:25 PM
Review by OnOnOnOn: User Rating:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: This medication is Great.

November 3, 2010 1:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: My 8 year old son was put on Invega 3 mg and then moved up to 6 mgs a day. About 1 1/2 months ago after gaining too much weight on risperdone. He gets the dosage on time daily but since starting Invega he has had the worse uncontrollable muscle spasms/twitches. He is constantly twitching his arms, neck and head without knowing he is doing it. Also he has started making vocal noises (random humming) without noticing he is doing it. I was really hoping the Invega would work but I think in our case the side effects are too much to accept so he will be switching again today.

October 13, 2010 1:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: I've been hearing voices due for 2.5 years. Initially, I had severe emotional swings and delusions created by the voices and my interaction with them. I began taking Invega 18 months ago - this was very successful in moderating the emotions and generally calming my mental state. In terms of side effects: I am really struggling to lose any weight even with good diet and exercise, I have very high prolactin levels - this contributes to me not getting periods, having occasional breast discharge and I believe is responsible for 'anorgasmia' - where I have very low sexual desire and arousal and feelings of orgasm are very subdued. These side effects have become more apparent over time.

July 16, 2010 8:13 AM