User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Depression 1 reviews 75 medications

5.7
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 41 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Paliperidone

Review by tchana:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine.

September 20, 2014 6:42 AM

Review by DontStandCloseToMe (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I really loved Invega. It stabilized my mood completely and I felt constantly on cloud nine. After the second month on the medication I began experiencing a number of side effects such as headaches, breast swelling/discharge and blurred vision. The side effects continued to get worse and eventually I had to stop taking the medicine all together.

September 15, 2014 9:41 PM

Review by Doterdot:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: Very high smoking sensation, weight gain, tiredness, and insomnia. But its the best antipsychotic med for me.

August 4, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I have been on Invega for 5 months now and it has significantly improved my quality of living. Prior to the shot I was on numerous antipsychotics and would begin to stop taking the pills and go into relapse with symptoms. I'm not on the shot and auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia have decreased dramatically. I like that it is a monthly shot and it cuts down remembering (or wanting) to take a pill once or twice a day.

June 18, 2014 12:20 AM

Review by unknown 33:

For Bipolar Disorder: Invega made me gain at least 20 pounds. I'm sure it helped with something but I gradually lowered it from 6 to 3 and now recently stopped completely. hoping to lose the weight after.....still get depressed

May 1, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by Andrew The Great (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: Long history of medications. Primary issues are addiction and ADHD (addiction to ADHD meds). Now I believe it is somewhat of a misdiagnosis. Regardless, unemployable, bad dreams, and unable to get out of bed. Must switch probably to Latuda (hopefully). Would not recommend.

April 22, 2014 3:36 PM

Review by alladdin (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: Invega 9 mg is perfect.

February 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by delucz89:

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by LHHL:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: I had tried Abilify, Fanapt, lithium, Depakote, and Geodon for my bipolar disorder. Luckily, a doctor introduced me to Invega. It helped dramatically with my bipolar issues and alcohol abuse. I have absolutely no problem with my mood since being on this medicine. I'm always happy and am no longer irritable since being on this medicine. I don't have a problem with alcohol abuse anymore and I'm able to drink like a normal person. There are two problems I have with Invega though. The first is that I gained weight dramatically. In 5 months I gained 50 lbs. Also I would have random spurts of horrible anxiety. Great medication all in all though.

August 3, 2013 1:07 AM

Review by harry nos:

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good.

July 18, 2013 6:58 AM

Review by wonderfull alive:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: I get the shot of Invega Sustenna 156mg once every 4 weeks. I am 62 and have tried everything in every research hospital in Indiana and Illinois. I use it as monotherapy along with counseling and it has revolutionalized my life. I have no side effects. I work full time as a school teacher and I am working on my master's degree and expect to graduate soon. I finally found my own miracle in this medicine. I am so grateful to my new doctor, nurse, and therapist and now to you who are reading this.

July 15, 2013 8:10 PM

Review by Chany (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: On this medicine I do notice my moods are a lot more stable. But I feel my anxiety and depression is a lot worse.

June 7, 2013 12:30 AM

For Schizophrenia: I'm being treated for negative symptoms. It doesn't really help with motivation but I can think clearly. What I don't like is the sexual side effects and sleeping more and weakness.

June 5, 2013 7:30 PM

Review by truatx (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: The Medication Stopped my psychosis cold, dead. It gave me my life back and has been the only thing that worked. Less weight gain, Fatigue, and Sexual side effects.

March 14, 2013 11:45 AM

Review by crowbabe (taken for less than 1 month):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: I have been taking this for less than a week and it has already given me favourable results. I would recommend this to anyone.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2013 6:58 AM

For Schizophrenia: I've been taking paliperidone for the last year with good results: a proactive lifestyle including uni and drinking with no delusions, depression or paranoi and few hallucinations at night. However, the prolactin level has increased to where the possibility of breast tissue (gynecomastia) can form. As a preventive measure, my doctors have suggested that I change medication. I have had perceptibly minor side effects (akinesia [which annoys others, but when genuinely interested, I stop], monthly upper lip muscle tightening, sexual dysfunction, broken sleeps, vivid dreams, hypnagogic hallucinations [weird and sometimes scary]). Would recommend. Consult doctor, but if risperidone worked, try this as it's a metabolite of risperidone.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2013 6:21 AM

Review by sleek12 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Schizoaffective Disorder: This medicine is like no other! Am telling you for the first time, there is clarity of thought on my patient, she is actually working, cleaning, grooming and socializing, 80% recovery is seen! I can live with that.

December 6, 2012 7:44 AM

Review by SoundSystem (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: The medicine is partly covered by my issurance company. Current maintenance dosage 3 mg (was 6mg) Invega. After taking Invega my positive symptoms vanished completely after a number of weeks, furthermore I don't get an unreal sense (depersonalization) which was the case with Risperdal. Unfortenately I got the following side-effects (discussed with my physician): - weight gain (8 kilo's) - sometimes strange expression around mouth, stiffness - tiredness/weakness, need more sleep - intense dreaming, sometimes nightmares - harder to breath through nose - increase of ALAT blood values (80) - dizziness after sudden activity - heartburn For now the positive effects outweight the negative effects.

November 25, 2012 2:54 PM

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: It was a very harsh medicine. I had urinary problems.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2012 1:05 PM

Review by JessTyna (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: This medicine is the only one that lets me function with little to no side effects.

June 11, 2012 10:23 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: Invega is working great on auditory symptoms and no lethargy noted. I have noted some of the adverse side effects after the first dose: sudden weight gain, indigestion, pain at injection site and sore throat. In addition to these there has been increasing facial and abdominal bloating, I am concerned but there is no other medicine I am aware of at this time and the doctor feels the benefit outweighs the side effects.

May 13, 2012 4:13 PM

Review by dhall10067:

Invega (paliperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: Invega has gotten rid of my mania at 75 mg monthly injection. However, the side effects are much more than lithium or valproic acid and it is much worse on the body. So I think it is really better to just take a mood stabilizer so am thinking of switching to lithium or valproic acid. I will try to reduce to the lowest injection which is 50 mg monthly. I am using it as a monotherapy. It along with Risperdone injection are the only long-lasting injections available. So they force it on me because they don

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2012 9:04 AM

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: They put me on palperidone and within a week, I was very aggressive. They took me straight off it again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2012 7:32 AM

For Schizoaffective Disorder: I have just been on the medication for 2 weeks and finally feel like a human being again. I am sleeping better, not overeating, feel happier, am more talkative and actually feel like living. I have not had a psychotic episode in the past 2 weeks but I know this might not be the reason since the medication is so new. I truly was a real burden on everyone because I was upset, angry, seeing or hearing things and crying all the time. Not many people understood just how bad I felt. I'm hoping to get feeling even better but if this is the best that it gets I will sure be okay with just feeling like this. No one knows how hopeless this disease can make you feel.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate