User Reviews for Risperidone

Also known as: Risperdal, Risperdal Consta, Risperdal M-Tab

Learn more about Risperidone.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 1 reviews 0 medications

Paranoid Disorder 4 reviews 2 medications

Agitation 1 reviews 6 medications

Summary of Risperidone reviews 222 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Risperidone

For Bipolar Disorder: "Risperidone has been a life saver for me. I went through so many mood stabilizers, but nothing seemed to help with my mood swings. I would also experience horrible side effects from some of these medications. I was about ready to give up when my doctor suggested I try Risperidone. It improved my mood a LOT. I no longer experience those crazy mood swings & I haven't experienced any side effects or tremors either. I highly recommend this medication."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2016

For Autism: "LIFECHANGING for our son and our family!"

WilliamsMum (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2016

Risperdal Consta (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on this 8 months it seems okay took the pyschotic syptoms away but gettting palputations, body temprature issues too hot and too cold, eating a lot more, slowed my metabolism down, insomnia and flu type symptoms. I do feel 80% better than what I did just constant worry about possble side effects"

si1209 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2016

For : "I've been on resperidone for 3 months now and it is by far the worse medication ever invented. Hair loss, weight gain, loss of libido, fever like symptoms, fatigue, dry mouth and generally feeling like a zombie. I cant do anything on these tablets it feels like the life has been sucked dry out of me. No thoughts and psychotic visions which is the only plus side but I feel as though life cant get any worse than this. If given the option do not what ever you do say 'yes' to this drug."

PSYCHOTICMADMAN (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2016

For Asperger Syndrome: "I took this a couple years back when I had recently been diagnosed. Somewhere down the line, I had complained enough about sleep problems to drive my parents to get a new med for AS - oh, look, high chance of drowsiness. Let's put her on these. Don't remember how effective it was, but I guess it did the job well enough. Stopped because it apparently caused bloating."

Some kid (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "Been taking risperidone for about a month now. Haven't had any real bad side afects like a rash or nausea. I do get light headaches and irritability from time to time but the gain is greater with the medication. Been eating right and working out since I've read all the comments about gaining weight on this medicine. So far my weight is steady. I figured control it in the beginning is easier then trying to get it back down."

Chrystal530 January 5, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "My son was on this drug for years.. he now has tardive diskenesia after being taken off this horrible drug. DO NOT let young children take this drug. My son was given this drug because he was ADHD and was defiant at age 7. this drug fuelled 6 years of aggression, hospitalization, and learning disability. When the medication was stopped, he was in the hospital for a week with seizures . He will always be on meds for tics..and has permanent pupil dialation . Good news is , he has no behavioral issues and is an honor roll student"

t gibson (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was on 0.5mg for a month and not much of an effect except noticed I was sweating more and found it impossible to wake up in the mornings- I actually fell back asleep on my bedroom floor! Thoughts were still racing, still panicking when in social situations, just didn't really help."

coxysmelons December 19, 2015

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "It's helped my paranoia, delusions, irrational thoughts, and impulses to self-injure and commit suicide more than anything else. Also helps control the hypomania because I'm not on a mood stabilizer. It just also makes me extremely tired and sedated and I'm constantly hungry and have gained a lot of weight on it. I've fluctuated in my dosage from 3 milligrams to as low as 0.5. Currently taking 2 to 2.5 right now."

Invisiblecreeper (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm still in my trial and error period in trying to find something to help me with my mood swings / bipolar anger management but I have to say by the second pill I've been pretty much bed ridden with severe dizziness, vomiting, vertigo like symptoms I have immediately stopped taking it on my own I've been in the bed 4 days now just waiting till my next appointment hopefully it's just a severe side effect or allergic reaction because I wouldn't recommend this for my worst enemy hopefully no one else has to experience what I have"

mikas (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "It's impossible to stay on this med long term unless you want man boobs. My nipples have pain in them and I had sexual side effects. I also had akathisia on this med and needed to pace back and forth. It's not worth the weight gain."

Cactustomato December 8, 2015

For Anxiety: "Makes you very very slow. People will see you as soft spoken slow and retarded."

Irving Kedzie (taken for 10 years or more) December 4, 2015

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Risperidone for over four years now. I felt great the first year but had to constantly have my dosage increased. I don't like some of the side effects (anxiety, difficulty concentrating, weight gain, faster heart rate, flu-like symptoms) but have learned to deal with them. Once you start to gain weight it is virtually impossible to lose the weight as I have tried everything. It seems you peak at a certain level."

SoP November 19, 2015

For Anxiety: "HORRIBLE! Caused numbness and tingling in feet, then below knees. 2 years later numbness started going to up higher. Now I can no longer stand or walk. Many, many test done and no diagnosis. I was on 7mg. at one point in my life. I have tapered slowly down to 2mg. but still can not walk. Has this happened to anyone else?"

Carp_overwhelmed_143 November 16, 2015

For Autism: "He's good at school but bouncing off wall after school real restless"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2015

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I take 3 mg every night, slowly recovering and no side effects so far."

texasmadeboyz713 October 13, 2015

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "My horrible morning anxiety is almost gone thanks to respiridone. It also helps a lot with my health anxiety. However I do get heart palpitations and muscle stiffness in my arms and legs. It also makes me quite tired. Hoping the side effects will subside over time."

Atrocityexhibitioner (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "This is my first time taking Risperidone 0.5g for Bipolar Schizoaffective Disorder, and it's my first week. I have always been 100% against medication but it came to the point where I could no longer suffer alone. My mind has now changed about medication. I was concerned with bad side effects, but all I had was a feeling of slight anxiety and heightened senses days 4 and 5 only, but I pushed through and I'm fine. Although it's early days yet, I am very happy! My mind has stopped racing, I am not thinking people are judging or talking behind my back, I feel relaxed, can handle crowds and I'm not angry or have raging irritability, and better sleep. I'll give a new review within a month, but I should have done this sooner."

CherryGirl81 September 22, 2015

Risperdal (risperidone) for Bipolar Disorder: "It worked almost immediately ! I had my dosage moved to two tablet twice a day and then back down to one tablet twice a day for every twelve hrs. The only thing Is I have a difficult time with regulating my body temperatures. When I get hot I get REALLY hot and it takes awhile to cool down. When I get cold I get REALLY colds and it gets hard to get warm again and so on. I've had the twitching of the arm and hands as well and I have been nauseous. But really it works ! I just still deal with being hot and cold at times."

Bio (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2015

Risperdal (risperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I gained 100 pounds or more . I developed diabetes, and chronic kidney disease. I also could not keep my hands for moving, and at night my feet would twirl. I chose to stop using risperdal and withdrawal was horrible. The medicine did wonders for my mental health, but the side effects was worse than my schizophrenia."

shock1992 September 15, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I had mood issues and my doc prescribed me 2mg before bed. After 6 months we have lowered it down to 0.25mg. It did magic from day 1 - it made me sleep again. This has stabilized my life. The 0.25mg seems to be minimum effective dose. 2mg is too much for long term if mood issues were caused by external factors. Even 0.5mg seemed to be too much. I think it's OK drug because it works well in short term for mild bipolar issues (so it can stabilize you in 6 months for next ten years or so). However from other reports I can see that if brain is damaged it may cause additional damage. Anger is not like elevated brain state, it may be symptom of brain damage eg from drinking or other accidends. Using Risperidone in such cases might be very risky."

Anonymous31337 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015

For Depression: "my experience with risperdal started when I first started seeing my psychiatrist for about a year now. I first started with 1 mg for two weeks and then started taking 2 mg for a month, and then three for another month before my doctor prescribed me 4 mg for a month which I didn't finish because it was intense for me and it made me really somnolent and overall sleepy all the time. my mom asked him to get me back on 3 mg which I've been on for seven months now. the only flaw that this medication has is that it causes some severe weight gain, and I can't sleep without it. risperdal has initially helped with my bipolar depression, and has successfully put my racing thoughts to rest."

silentsirens September 2, 2015

Risperdal (risperidone) for Autism: "I have recently started my 25 yo son with autism Risperdal. He has taken it when he was 13, but due to the combination of anti depressants and no improvement in his violent behaviour we stopped, but he did improve verbally. After he refused to take anti depressants after 9 months of treatment with improvement made, he deteriorated over the next 7 months, We insisted he try Risperdal, immediate improvement, 3 weeks in and he is more verbal and calmer with no more aggression. He is sweet and happier again."

LRS179 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2015

For Anxiety: "Panic disorder took over my life. I had racing thoughts that would keep me up at night, nocturnal panic attacks, derealization and depersonalization, auditory hallucinations, and occasional paranoia. My doc first tried a beta-blocker, then an SSRI, both which did nothing to help me, before starting me on 0.25 mg risperidone. After about two weeks I started to feel a lot calmer. Instead of fearful thoughts sticking with me, they'd just fly out of my mind. After 3 months panic-free, I stopped the med due to side effects of forgetfulness, apathy, and weight gain. My forgetfulness got pretty severe by the end, but it really helped me snap out of the vicious cycle of panic disorder, and I'd take it again short-term if I needed to."

Carmen A (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this medication 2 mg a day - 1 at day and night. I'm hoping in the next few weeks it will change but I've been tired a lot lately I've only been on this med for 3 days but its making me tired but the anxiety, mania and racing thoughts are gone completely"

gotguts August 26, 2015