User Reviews for Risperidone

Also known as: Risperdal, Risperdal Consta, Risperdal M-Tab

Learn more about Risperidone.

Risperidone review summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 5 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Reviews for Risperidone to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

My 5 year old son was given this medication for anger associated with ADHD. He started on 0.5 mg and it worked right away. He was better able to control his anger and frustration. I started noticing what I thought were tics which we attributed to a stimulant (and so discontinued that) but kept him on the Risperidone. In fact, the psychiatrist increased his dosage to 1 mg. While the medicine worked in terms of his anger/frustration, he developed a very scary side effect: tardive dyskinesia. I stopped the medicine rather abruptly because of the abnormal movements and we went through a grueling two weeks or so of withdrawal. I know this medicine has some positive effects, but please use with caution.

August 23, 2011 1:29 PM

Review by Luna Darthalida:

Risperdal (risperidone): So, I've been using that for a long time. I've not come across any side effects myself - and my mom says it has changed me in a good way. I can see that too.

December 10, 2009 12:16 PM

Risperdal (risperidone): Working well for me. Been taking this medicine for about 2 years now, taking 1mg. 3x's daily. No side effects.

September 21, 2009 12:05 PM

Review by cecy13:

Risperdal (risperidone): It is a miracle.

April 22, 2009 5:14 PM

Review by neanea:

Risperdal (risperidone): My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 5 and was put on Adderall. After about a year I took him to be tested by a psychiatrist. He diagnosed him with borderline personality disorder and put him on Risperdal. After just 1 month I have a new son. My son is still a handful but now in a good way. This drug worked wonders.

March 24, 2009 1:37 AM

Risperdal (risperidone): If taken when feeling "antsy", it relieves my symptoms fast.

November 9, 2008 9:02 AM