User Reviews for Metoprolol

Also known as: Lopressor, Metoprolol Succinate ER, Metoprolol Tartrate, Toprol-XL

Learn more about Metoprolol.

Reviews for Metoprolol to treat Premature Ventricular Depolarizations

Review by ray13:

I have PACs and PVCs mostly related to stress and anxiety. Nothing that was overly concerning. I was medicated because the feeling of the PVCs was interfering with my quality of life. Between metprolol, antidepressants and prn ativan, I gained 40lbs in 1.5 yrs. I got more depressed. I was exercising too. I stopped all meds and no change despite amping up weights and cardio/ no sugar etc. Nothing. I stopped the metoprolol, and I drop 16 lbs in 1 1/2 months. It also causes depression and weight gain as a side effect. However it is effective in treating many other conditions. I do not condone stopping medications without consulting your physician.

October 30, 2013 10:22 PM

I just started the Metroprolol for premature ventricular depolarizations. I was on one 25 mg pill a day and it wasn't touching it. I recently was upgraded to two 25 mg pills a day, we will see how it goes. My symptoms include rapid heartbeat while at rest and what feels like skipped beats or double beats. Most of the time they are on the aggressive side. I'm a 32 year old male.

December 13, 2011 12:29 PM

Review by JackieFL:

I've been taking metropolol for alomst 2 years to control heart PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) and it's worked great! I take 25mg 3 times a day. Many people have PVC's but I used to feel mine and they would scare me, like a sudden gush of blood through my heart or an extra thump. I've had no side effects with this medicine except that the afternoon pill can make me sleepy. But since I'm at work, I usually drink 1 diet coke, or 1 cup of coffee in the afternoon to offset it. Otherwise I only drink decaffeinated beverages the other parts of the day. Just that one boost of caffeine in the afternoon will offset the sleepiness of the metoprolol. I'm a 46 year old female that smokes.

June 3, 2010 8:51 PM