User Reviews for Hydralazine

Also known as: Apresoline

Learn more about Hydralazine.

Hypertensive Emergency 1 reviews 13 medications

High Blood Pressure 8 reviews 247 medications

3.3
Summary of Hydralazine reviews 9 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Hydralazine

For High Blood Pressure: "I found that the side effect of lack of appetite was truly terrible .Food had no taste and I just couldn't eat. I also didn't sleep well. I haven't taken a pill in 3 days and I'm still not eating right."

bob k. (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "The side effects for me were horrible. I experenced joint pain that was a 8-10 on the pain scale, cold chills, lost of hair( came out in hands full & my throid tests were all normal) & it caused me to be fogging in my thoughts & forgetful. I tried it for 2 months hoping that he side effects would lessen; but they got worse. I have been off of it for 1 week & my freinds & husband said they were happy ot have me back to my old self. My BP went up because of the pain."

carleer September 8, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have noticed extreme weight gain since being on this medication! Almost 40 lbs in 3 months! Blood Pressure is good but the weight is not!"

D12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on this medicine for three months 50mg twice a day. I have notice great hair loss as well as been tried and sleepy. I have always been a early riser but since taking this medicine its hard for me to get out of bed."

Para4you (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "Went to the ER at the local hospital for excruciating back pain, & found my BP to be 213/103 which was enough to have me admitted. Spent 3 days in there, & 50mg twice a day of Hydralazine was one of the meds they put me on. Taking these with a meal, & glass of milk to try to ease the side effects barely helps. I get really drowsy with body aches where I want to take a nap, but can't sleep, & find myself sitting staring at the floor a lot, unable to concentrate, really short of breath to the point where just walking 50 feet becomes laboring. On a positive note my diastolic reading has dropped over 50 points. As for the back pain, I found out a previous blood pressure medicine had drained my body of Potassium, Once my levels were normal the pain went away."

firebird1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I was hospitalized after taking the first dose (25mg). I had severe chest pain, left arm pain, and dizziness. After all testing, the cardiologist determined the medication caused the above effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2012

For Hypertensive Emergency: "Used this after an aortic dissection, this is a very serious medicine. I use it for blood pressure of 160 and over, it is very effective within 15 min.. will drop the blood pressure by 20-40 points. "

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I have had hair loss since taking this medicine."

Anonymous May 6, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking 10mg for about two years. I noticed hair loss."

pigmeat August 20, 2011