User Reviews for Warfarin

Also known as: Coumadin, Jantoven

Learn more about Warfarin.

Antiphospholipid Syndrome 2 reviews 47 medications

7.7
Heart Attack 1 reviews 120 medications

Heart Failure 1 reviews 129 medications

6.2
Chronic Central Venous Catheterization 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Deep Vein Thrombosis...lacement Surgery 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prosthetic Heart Val...osis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 59 medications Not rated - Be the first
Protein S Deficiency 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Warfarin reviews 28 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Warfarin

Review by Wendy wu (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

warfarin for Prosthetic Heart Valves, Mechanical Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis: Haven't had a problem have been on warfarin for 10 years now.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 26, 2014 10:41 AM
Review by wjohns45 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

warfarin for Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: I am so thankful to be alive. I had a pulmonary embolism in Jan 2011. They had my family in family room, didn't expect me to survive. BUT, GOD said differently. I am so THANKFUL.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 20, 2013 5:31 PM
Review by flapjack: User Rating:

warfarin for Heart Attack: Severe muscle pains especially in the neck and shoulder area

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2013 10:51 PM
Review by tom36 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Jantoven (warfarin) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: Been on Jantoven a number of years- no problem really. Have my INRs regularly every month. Usually between a 2-3 (as it should be). Would recommend.

November 12, 2012 2:45 PM
Review by teeia50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

warfarin for Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event: I have multi Blood Clots in both Lungs. I've been on Warfarin 5mg since Mar 2012, prior to that I had a blood clot in one lung back in 2007 following surgery. My experience has been devastating like a walking Time Boom. I'm Alive thanks to my Doctors and my meds. My INR ranges 2.0 / 3.2 I now get my Pro-Time check once monthly. However I'll be on warfarin for the rest of my Life. Just have to be extra careful on any other meds my Doctor puts me on.

October 12, 2012 9:36 AM
Review by janny age 56.: User Rating:

warfarin for Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event: I was 39 years old at my first clot after surgery. I went off Coumadin after a year. Then had a pulmonary embolism and was put back on Coumadin. My INRs had great fluctuations. I now have my own home Coagucheck and adjust my Coumadin with a Dr's supervision and no clot since. I have had side effects but no clots since then.

May 6, 2012 12:44 PM

Jantoven (warfarin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: I am concerned about the weight gain after taking this medicine. I have gained over 30 pounds since I started having to take Jantoven almost a year and a half ago.

June 12, 2011 2:38 PM
Review by tinaawoods: User Rating:

warfarin for Antiphospholipid Syndrome: This condition led to a stroke for me, so this medicine has been a lifesaver and has given me peace of mind. I also have a great Doctor and nurse in his office who has guided me through the proper use when needed and I even test my own INR.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 27, 2011 9:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Prosthetic Heart Valves, Tissue Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis: I have been taking coumadin for 21 years, since I had an aortic valve replacement.

April 10, 2011 10:29 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Antiphospholipid Syndrome: Since I started on Coumadin I have a lot less leg pain and can think more clearly.

January 29, 2011 8:01 PM
Review by mexyweeds: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: I was at a convention in Palm Springs when I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Could not breathe, excruciating pain, scared to death. When I got to the ER my heart was beating at 180 beats per minute. The doctors told me the only thing that probably saved me from having a stroke was that I was already on Coumadin as I have a genetic blood disorder, factor 5 Leiden which means I will be on Coumadin for the rest of my life. My doctors are so cautious that they actually had a bird's nest inserted into my vena cava just in case a clot were to ever break lose. I have never had problems in the 6 years I have been on Coumadin. My INR is always at 2.5 which is considered perfect since my target range is between 2.0 and 3.0.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 9, 2010 11:25 PM
Review by DVT/Pulmonary Kid: User Rating:

warfarin for Pulmonary Embolism, Recurrent Event: I was first diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolism in 9/2007 and was on Warfarin for 3-6 months. Over the next 2-3 years I would get blood clots in the legs but never too serious again. Then in Late March 2010 Guess what was back, you guessed it Pulmonary Embolism. I was told this time that I would have to take this medicine for the rest of my life. I am only 39 years old and I feel so helpless that I have this happen to me. But I am alive and I will do what I need to do to stay that way....Please don't ignore the symptoms.

May 17, 2010 9:55 PM

Coumadin (warfarin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: Everything that goes into the mouth has to be reviewed for interactions with this drug. It can also cause swelling and hair loss.

November 16, 2009 5:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

warfarin for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: I am 23 and have been taking this for a year now. After suffering from a blood clot in my leg last year, I found out that I have a blood clotting disorder that is caused by a genetic mutation and have to remain on a blood thinner permanently. I have been taking Warfarin from the beginning and have had no side effects. My uncle had tried Warfarin and suffered from a few side effects which prompted him to switch to Coumadin. For the short time he was on Coumadin, he had no complaints. I suppose it depends on the individual but the Warfarin has been working just fine for me and is very affordable.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 15, 2009 11:24 PM
Review by Buddy wyatt: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: This drug saved my life.

October 28, 2009 10:45 PM
Review by qx: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: I am male, 62 year old. Got a blood clot the entire length of my saphenous vein. I was put on generic warfarin first at 2.5mg/day. I got sweaty, headachy, and felt depressed. This went on for two weeks until I read reviews about Coumadin on this site. Switched to Coumadin. INR stabilized, sweats went away, and headaches went away in about 10 days. I know that Coumadin and Warfarin are supposed to be chemically the same molecule. I propose that the objective differences between these two drugs most likely can be accounted for by considering that one may have more pure isomers than the other.

October 23, 2009 8:21 PM
Review by b mitchell: User Rating:

warfarin for Heart Failure: I have ben feeling better since my hospital stay and starting warfarin.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 2, 2009 2:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

warfarin for Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: Warfarin has dangerous side effects, but is indicated in life threatening situations. It can be taken as prescribed for a period following a pulmonary embolism, but the patient must take extra care not to fall, bruise, or cut oneself, because warfarin inhibits clotting. It saved my life.

August 1, 2009 7:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: I really do not like taking medications so I probably don't monitor it like I should. So far I have had no problems develop but it works effectively and side effects are minimal. Some cuts barely bleed while a small scratch may take awhile to stop depending on where the cut or scratch occurs. I have found that Coumadin regulates better than other warfarin but costs considerably more.

July 8, 2009 4:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

warfarin for Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: The side effects can be difficult, but I am still alive and have been on the drug for 8 months.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2009 10:33 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: I am still alive because of this drug and I am not an advocate of the medical profession.

February 13, 2009 7:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: Coumadin is very effective. Home monitoring of INR with finger sticks helped with ease of use.

December 27, 2008 11:50 AM
Review by kitty62: User Rating:

warfarin for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: This drug works well, but must be monitored very carefully and taken as prescribed. I have been on this drug for blood clots in my legs and after surgery it has been prescribed as a preventative measure. My mother has been on this drug for about 17 years as a preventative measure for strokes after having a mechnicial heart valve. As she has gotten older, the tendancy for her has been difficulties controlling INR at the recommended level. If you have any bleeding while on this drug get to the doctor. Do not ignore it thinking it will pass AND be careful with what you eat and drink as this will impact how the drug works.

November 6, 2008 1:49 AM
Review by jones2388: User Rating:

Coumadin (warfarin) for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: Worked very well.

October 11, 2008 10:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

warfarin for Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: I have been on Warfarin for about 6 months now. I had a kidney removed and later it was discovered through testing that I had a blood clot in my leg, therefore, my physician put me on Warfarin. I have been up and down with my dosages as one time my INR was too high and then it's too low - as of now I am alternating doses every other day - I will see next week if that helps keep my INR steady. I have not noticed any side effects from this drug, but I am also on a kidney drug which has given me quite a few side effects so maybe I just don't notice any from the Warfarin.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate