User Reviews for Carvedilol

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Learn more about Carvedilol.

Heart Failure 23 reviews 113 medications

High Blood Pressure 36 reviews 247 medications

4.8
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 72 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Carvedilol

For High Blood Pressure: "I had dizzy spells, blepharospasms, ocular migraine and some other eye problem that made my eyes close. The symptoms stopped, when I stopped using the medication."

Arete December 18, 2015

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "This is a tough med to start. But after a few weeks I got adjusted and titrated up to the right dose. My EF was close to 35% when I started it. When I began taking this drug I would get dizzy which would instill panic episodes in me. But I stuck with it and my EF is 55% now. I now don't even notice the Coreg unless I forget it. And when I do forget it, I get a little jittery. It's a miracle drug. Tough to start but worth the result."

Young guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 1, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on Coreg for a year while on it I had bad back pain & severe upper leg pain. It got to the point where I felt like I was being poisoned, as I kept getting worse. I could hardly walk or exist with the pain. I thought I was going to die as I got worse & worse. I went for acupuncture & that didn't help at all so I got to thinking-when did all this pain start . I figured it was when I went on coreg. I stopped the Corig & in one day I was so much better. I am now back to myself & am convinced the Corig was slowly killing me. Glad I used common sense as my doctor is SHOCKED that I said it's the Corig.."

Jus555 October 22, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "i was on atenolol for a year 25 mg prn for palpitations. Then i felt like crap without it. Started experiencing more palpitations, doc put me on it twice a day. after a bout with ED, I asked to be put on something else, doc didn't budge. I was diagnosed with mild aortic valve regurg. new doc, reluctantly switched me to coreg 12.5 2xday. No longer ED, but it makes my heart rate go from 72 w/bp 126/69 at rest to 50 with bp raised to 149/78 with that low a pulse. Horrible bouts of light-headedness, subdermal rashes that won't go away, 50 pounds gained with even more exercise and closely monitored diet than before, and blood pressure that will not stay regulated. Never had high bp before getting on beta blockers. stay away unless absolutely necessary!!!!"

avrnaturalist October 4, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on Coreg for unexplained rapid heart rate. My blood pressure was mostly controlled with lisinopril. I have been on it for about two years and now I am having side effects like shortness of breath and low systolic blood pressure 100/72 with 60-70bpm. I don't know whether or not I can get off of it due to my rapid heart rate."

GILTOM September 28, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking coreg for 3 yrs now. I was taking other high blood pressure meds that didn't seen to work very well. Since I have been on coreg my bp stay 130/80 and I have no side effects."

SK206 September 12, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "terrible body pain, fatigue, constant urinating and shortness of breath. This is a terrible medicine. It should be taken off of the market. My insurance only covered the generic."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I have been taking Coreg for over 5 years and it has been a lifesaver. I am 79 years young and my quality of life is amazing. The only problem is the cost."

Ctnach August 21, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Side effects lightheadedness and tired"

uncle will (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2015

For Atrial Fibrillation: "In October of 2015, I experienced a defibrillation, after 3 days in the hospital it was determined that I was to have a triple bypass. A week after I had that operation I had another defibrillation. I had average to low pressure prior to my surgery and defibrillation, my cardiologist put me on Cardevilol generic 3.125 twice a day to help my heart gain strength after the operation. I also had a Defibrillator installed. In the beginning of my recuperation I didn't feel anything but as time went on I felt tired, gained weight and after 8 months started to experience dizzy spells when getting up or laying down. Moodiness, lack of sex drive were also side effects that hit me. My doctor has now taken me off the medication. Let's see any change"

Crispy620 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "succeededin improving EF by 60 per cent"

xnorb May 30, 2015

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "9/2012 EF was 25%,2013 30%, 2014 EF 35 2/2015 EF IS 50% 2X PER DAY ON 12.5 EF INCREASED SUBSTANTIALLY AFTER 3 YEARS- EXERCISE FOR 30 MIN PER DAY X 5 DAYS TREADMILL AND WATER AEROBICS"

soccer22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2015

Coreg CR (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "This medicine has saved my husbands life! He went in to heart failure & had a EF of 10% in 2011. With 16 days hospitalization & discharged with this medication and a few more he has thrived and continues to do well today."

HoustonT February 16, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "Works well for Congestive Heart Failure CHF,. however, I started using it years ago and we have discovered that Coreg may cause painful peripheral neuropathy. I am not diabetic but have developed the neuropathy and the only guess from doctors is that it was caused by the Coreg."

GonzoOne December 24, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I had a virus infection of the back wall of my heart. In Feb 2007, my EF was 20% and I was throwing PVC's like crazy. My cardiologist started me on Coreg (carvedilol) but could not tolerate a dose higher than 3.125mg and he also started me on Vasotec (enalapril) and, again, I could not tolerate a dose higher than 2.5mg. In fact, I take my blood pressure before every dose (2x daily) and if it is less than 130, I do not take the Vasotec. By June 2007, my EF was 68% and only the occasional PVC these days. Coreg and Vasotec continue to work very well and have saved my life!"

Astroraider December 8, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on coreg 25 mg 2 daily after a heart stent. Day by day I felt worse. I was very short of breath and my abdomin starting bloating and felt a lot of pressure in my abdomin especially about 4 hours after taking the coreg. Called the cardiologist told them my concerns and told them I thought it was my meds, they said no that it was not the meds to call my PCP. The symptoms got so severe I ended up in the ER and after a CT scan and blood work I was told it was the coreg making me feel this way. Just a horrible med for me. Doctors need to listen to their patients."

Saunttescue (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I had an EF of 12 - no cause or history or heard disease. My doctor put me on Coreg along with other meds and 6 months later, my EF is 55-60. I have some side effects from the Coreg, mainly some weakness and occasionally some dizziness, but it is nothing compared to being in heart failure. Very thankful my doc prescribed this med."

Marie_in_NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "My heart rate was speeding up to the point I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, it was more a problem at night when I would try to go to sleep, heart was pounding and a wave pressure in my ears was keeping me from sleeping, started medicine 3.125 mg twice daily and problem was in good control within one week, I have a blockage left side 30 to 40%, no problems since started medicine, blood pressure is in real good control, I continue EKG every 6 months. "

Raymond Gonzales (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 23, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on carvedilol for 6 months, in conjunction with lisinopril, and it has worked well on lowering my blood pressure, where the lisinopril alone was barely fazing it. With no medicines my pressure was running around 200s/120s, on lisinopril alone it was only coming down to 180s/100s. Since being on carvedilol, it runs (in my opinion) a almost too low, around 90s to low 100s over 50s. This doesn't bother me so much, but occasionally, and for no reason I determine, it will either spike or plummet. It has been as high as 180/98 and as low as 86/38. THAT was scary. I also have nausea, dizziness upon standing or moving very suddenly, and nearly disabling headaches. I like what it does for my blood pressure, but not how it makes me feel."

Mrs C. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "The lowest dose of Carvedilol 2 times per day was effective in lowering my moderately high blood pressure almost immediately (170/90 that shoots higher under stress). However, it has lowered my blood pressure too low when inactive (100/70 ave.). Sometimes when I sit still or wake up from sleep in the middle of the night or in morning I have a random moment of anxiety followed by extreme dizziness, disorientation and nausea that lasts a good period of time, sometimes 2-3 hours. Before I had a stress test & was cleared as 'perfect' this scared me terribly and my blood pressure would shoot up to 180 /100 . Sometimes after taking I'm drowsy but I'm exhausted from dealing with this and trying to continue with life. Hoping to get off of it asap, effective but horrible side effects."

KaycieD (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking carvedilol for three months, it works really good for my extremely high blood pressure. I have experienced rapid weight gain, but I can't be completely sure if the carvedilol is the blame as I am on other medications. It causes sudden dizziness even without standing up to quickly . I'm going to try something else because of the rapid weight gain and out of no where dizziness. I gave it a 7 rating because it works well with lowering my stubborn high blood pressure."

Sis363 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Since being put on 6 months ago (severe, resistant hypertension), along with diet and exercise, I have lost 60 lbs and my heart rate is usually in the mid -40s to low 50s when and complete rest (evenings) and in the high 50s - low 60s during the day. I have experienced no negative side effects. Drowsiness was present for the first week or two, but after that I adjusted and feel no side effects. Most important thing - if you are doing aerobic exercise while on this medication, DO NOT USE A HEART MONITOR as it does reduce heart rate. Normal heart rate ranges while on this medication to not apply and can cause damage if you attempt to the normal 180bpm. Consult a physician for activity restrictions while taking Carvedilol."

Young-in (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day."

Paikie (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Carvedilol has caused my heart rate to be in the high 40's to low 50's. But the atrial fibrillation has not returned."

anynomous again July 18, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I had been put on carvedilol along with valsartan 160/25. It worked for blood pressure, however my cardiologist advised me that it was a significant contributor to my erectile dysfunction. After various trials in dosage, we eliminated carvedilol altogether and went to Bystolic with good BP results and no erectile dysfunction complications. Carvedilol may be good for those with actual heart problems, but just for control of BP, we found a great substitute without all the side effects."

cachef1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2013