User Reviews for Carvedilol

Also known as: Coreg, Coreg CR

Learn more about Carvedilol.

Heart Failure 21 reviews 130 medications

High Blood Pressure 30 reviews 262 medications

5.1
Summary of Carvedilol reviews 61 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Carvedilol

For Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "9/2012 EF was 25%,2013 30%, 2014 EF 35 2/2015 EF IS 50% 2X PER DAY ON 12.5 EF INCREASED SUBSTANTIALLY AFTER 3 YEARS- EXERCISE FOR 30 MIN PER DAY X 5 DAYS TREADMILL AND WATER AEROBICS"

soccer22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2015

Coreg CR (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "This medicine has saved my husbands life! He went in to heart failure & had a EF of 10% in 2011. With 16 days hospitalization & discharged with this medication and a few more he has thrived and continues to do well today."

HoustonT February 16, 2015

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "Works well for Congestive Heart Failure CHF,. however, I started using it years ago and we have discovered that Coreg may cause painful peripheral neuropathy. I am not diabetic but have developed the neuropathy and the only guess from doctors is that it was caused by the Coreg."

GonzoOne December 24, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I had a virus infection of the back wall of my heart. In Feb 2007, my EF was 20% and I was throwing PVC's like crazy. My cardiologist started me on Coreg (carvedilol) but could not tolerate a dose higher than 3.125mg and he also started me on Vasotec (enalapril) and, again, I could not tolerate a dose higher than 2.5mg. In fact, I take my blood pressure before every dose (2x daily) and if it is less than 130, I do not take the Vasotec. By June 2007, my EF was 68% and only the occasional PVC these days. Coreg and Vasotec continue to work very well and have saved my life!"

Astroraider December 8, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on coreg 25 mg 2 daily after a heart stent. Day by day I felt worse. I was very short of breath and my abdomin starting bloating and felt a lot of pressure in my abdomin especially about 4 hours after taking the coreg. Called the cardiologist told them my concerns and told them I thought it was my meds, they said no that it was not the meds to call my PCP. The symptoms got so severe I ended up in the ER and after a CT scan and blood work I was told it was the coreg making me feel this way. Just a horrible med for me. Doctors need to listen to their patients."

Saunttescue (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I had an EF of 12 - no cause or history or heard disease. My doctor put me on Coreg along with other meds and 6 months later, my EF is 55-60. I have some side effects from the Coreg, mainly some weakness and occasionally some dizziness, but it is nothing compared to being in heart failure. Very thankful my doc prescribed this med."

Marie_in_NC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 24, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "My heart rate was speeding up to the point I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, it was more a problem at night when I would try to go to sleep, heart was pounding and a wave pressure in my ears was keeping me from sleeping, started medicine 3.125 mg twice daily and problem was in good control within one week, I have a blockage left side 30 to 40%, no problems since started medicine, blood pressure is in real good control, I continue EKG every 6 months. "

Raymond Gonzales (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 23, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on carvedilol for 6 months, in conjunction with lisinopril, and it has worked well on lowering my blood pressure, where the lisinopril alone was barely fazing it. With no medicines my pressure was running around 200s/120s, on lisinopril alone it was only coming down to 180s/100s. Since being on carvedilol, it runs (in my opinion) a almost too low, around 90s to low 100s over 50s. This doesn't bother me so much, but occasionally, and for no reason I determine, it will either spike or plummet. It has been as high as 180/98 and as low as 86/38. THAT was scary. I also have nausea, dizziness upon standing or moving very suddenly, and nearly disabling headaches. I like what it does for my blood pressure, but not how it makes me feel."

Mrs C. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 20, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "The lowest dose of Carvedilol 2 times per day was effective in lowering my moderately high blood pressure almost immediately (170/90 that shoots higher under stress). However, it has lowered my blood pressure too low when inactive (100/70 ave.). Sometimes when I sit still or wake up from sleep in the middle of the night or in morning I have a random moment of anxiety followed by extreme dizziness, disorientation and nausea that lasts a good period of time, sometimes 2-3 hours. Before I had a stress test & was cleared as 'perfect' this scared me terribly and my blood pressure would shoot up to 180 /100 . Sometimes after taking I'm drowsy but I'm exhausted from dealing with this and trying to continue with life. Hoping to get off of it asap, effective but horrible side effects."

KaycieD (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking carvedilol for three months, it works really good for my extremely high blood pressure. I have experienced rapid weight gain, but I can't be completely sure if the carvedilol is the blame as I am on other medications. It causes sudden dizziness even without standing up to quickly . I'm going to try something else because of the rapid weight gain and out of no where dizziness. I gave it a 7 rating because it works well with lowering my stubborn high blood pressure."

Sis363 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2014

For High Blood Pressure: "Since being put on 6 months ago (severe, resistant hypertension), along with diet and exercise, I have lost 60 lbs and my heart rate is usually in the mid -40s to low 50s when and complete rest (evenings) and in the high 50s - low 60s during the day. I have experienced no negative side effects. Drowsiness was present for the first week or two, but after that I adjusted and feel no side effects. Most important thing - if you are doing aerobic exercise while on this medication, DO NOT USE A HEART MONITOR as it does reduce heart rate. Normal heart rate ranges while on this medication to not apply and can cause damage if you attempt to the normal 180bpm. Consult a physician for activity restrictions while taking Carvedilol."

Young-in (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2014

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I was hospitalized 3 years ago for Congestive Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation with an EF of 20%. After a 17-day hospital stay & an ablation, I was sent home with many meds, including Coreg. I started at the lowest dosage and slowly got to tolerate my current dosage of 12.5 mg 2x day. My current EF is 45% & I believe Coreg continues to save my life every day."

Paikie (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 26, 2013

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Carvedilol has caused my heart rate to be in the high 40's to low 50's. But the atrial fibrillation has not returned."

anynomous again July 18, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I had been put on carvedilol along with valsartan 160/25. It worked for blood pressure, however my cardiologist advised me that it was a significant contributor to my erectile dysfunction. After various trials in dosage, we eliminated carvedilol altogether and went to Bystolic with good BP results and no erectile dysfunction complications. Carvedilol may be good for those with actual heart problems, but just for control of BP, we found a great substitute without all the side effects."

cachef1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2013

Coreg (carvedilol) for Left Ventricular Dysfunction: "My daughter was prescribed this medication because it was the medicine that showed significant improvement to help Left ventricular dysfunction."

Anonymous April 21, 2013

Coreg (carvedilol) for Heart Failure: "I participated in the blind study at University hospital in Denver CO in the 90's. EF was 12% was given 6 months to live in 1992 at 24 yrs old, a 6 month old daughter. I must have gotten the actual medicine in the trial. I was glad to participate, and was excited when FDA approved Coreg. I had gotten to over 400lbs. Now 22 years later my EF is 52% and weight 165 and a B.S. M.S. degree and working on Ph.D and watching my daughter do wonderful things. I'm grateful for Coreg and my awesome cardiac and PCP team."

Beatcha! March 9, 2013

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have had great results with Coreg . My blood pressure was high and heart rate and now my pressure is normal and heart rate is much slower."

JerryDhutch March 8, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "After being on atenolol for about 30 years, switching to carvedilol was a vast improvement. My heart does not seem to be working as hard. No side effects that I can notice so far."

OR_Nightingale (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2013

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Cozaar 50 mg a day combined with Coreg 25 mg 2x daily for about 10 years. My blood pressure was 200/120. About 2 years ago Coreg CR 20mg replaced the Coreg daily. This regimen slowly reduced my BP to 100/60. This BP was too low so I stopped the Coreg CR completely. I am now on Cozaar 50 mg 1 per day and my BP is averaging 125/60-70."

Bill three (taken for 10 years or more) January 14, 2013

Coreg (carvedilol) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Works good except several periods per month of 2 to 3 days when palpitations are much worse."

Anonymous November 22, 2012

For Heart Failure: "This medicine has worked wonders, with my congestive heart failure, high blood pressure and atrial fibrillation."

wes/ (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2012

Coreg (carvedilol) for High Blood Pressure: "After only a few weeks this medicine has caused debilitating joint pain in my ankles, knees, wrists and hips. I find it difficult to even get out of bed or feed myself on this medicine. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2012

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For High Blood Pressure: "I was on this for a month. I also have COPD. I have been getting weak, couldn't walk farther than a few steps without having to rest and totally exhausted about an hour after taking this medicine. Dr. thought my COPD was getting worse but couldn't control it. I remembered I started feeling this way right after being switched from Metoprolol to this medicine. I refused to take it again and after missing two doses, I can breath and walk again. Back on Metoprolol."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on carvedilol taking 12.5 mg. 4 x a day for over one year. It lowered my blood pressure but my feet and ankles have severe swelling no matter what kind of shoes I wear and my toes feel tingly most of the time. I wonder if this is a side effect of this medicine. I also started ExForge about the same time. It is difficult to walk for more than 30 min. I am 66 yrs. old and a female."

marianne1927 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "Headaches, dizziness, and nausea so bad I want to stay in bed but can't because I also have trouble breathing after I take it."

this drug is poison March 13, 2012