User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 8 reviews 92 medications

Skin Infection 4 reviews 167 medications

Anthrax 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 31 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levaquin reviews 186 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Levaquin

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: I was taking Levaquin for a MRSA. Discovered that this cannot be taken in conjunction with Multiple Sclerosis medicines as it mimics a heart attack.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 7, 2012 2:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: I love Levaquin. No other antibiotic even touches my sinus infections. My head starts to drain within hours of the first pill. Sinus pressure that I didn't even realize I had starts to go away the first day. The dose is generally only 1 pill a day, which makes things easy to remember. Often I will have sinus problems after dental work. I take Levaquin and my sinuses aren't irritated, don't swell and my teeth hurt less. I highly recommend this antibiotic. The only problems I ever experienced were occasional dry mouth and mild diarrhea on the first day.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 18, 2012 10:29 AM
Review by CareBearMoore (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: This antibiotic is really helping. I had horrible chest pain, mucus, hard time breathing, fever, etc. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and sinusitis. I was given a 10 day course of 500mg of Levaquin. I am on day 7 and only a few side effects. Minor dizziness, headaches, MAJOR fatigue and feeling of being in a fog. Overall tolerable but I cannot wait to be done! I feel pretty much back to normal with only a tickling cough left. Also I should note that I sleep VERY well and my appetite has not been affected. I am pleased considering how sick I was and the fact that other antibiotics made me feel horrible in the past.

October 15, 2012 10:46 AM
Review by Ant lee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: Weird dreams

September 21, 2012 4:51 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Levaquin is the only antibiotic that works for me when I get either bronchitis or pneumonia. I take 750mg for 10 days and I swear by it. I've been taking it for years with no noticeable side effects. I am now 62.

June 5, 2012 10:42 PM

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Was prescribed this medicine for bronchitis. Very dizzy and nauseous after one pill.

June 3, 2012 8:12 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Took this last year for my first bout with pneumonia, I felt like I was on deaths door, cleared it up in 5 days. Now back 10 months later with bronchitis, not nearly as bad as pneumonia but getting ready for a 7 day hiking trip in Maine, asked Dr for this again, 2 days later I feel 90% better. I love this medicine.

May 25, 2012 12:00 AM
Review by mewsician (taken for less than 1 month):

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed 500 mg x 1/day for 7 days for a throat infection yesterday. Two hours after taking Levaquin, I went to bed, and immediately upon lying down the ends of all my toes went numb. An hour later I had extremely rapid heart beat and sweating, and couldn't sleep. Today, my throat and the rest of my body are significantly better, but my toes are still half numb. It's the weekend, so I called the pharmacist, she advised me to stop taking the medicine and go to my doctor on Monday.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 5, 2012 12:31 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: Within one hour had panic attack, crying, heart racing, nauseous, dizzy and sensitive to light. No appetite. No problems sleeping but was very scary.

March 23, 2012 2:07 PM
Review by jojumpn: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: On day 9 of 14, 750mg, still sick but 75% feeling better. No sides effects so far.

March 21, 2012 12:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bladder Infection: Lots of trouble sleeping and lots of anxiety with this medicine. It also makes me a bit depressed. Better if you can take it in the morning instead of later at night. Works, but there is probably something with less side effects that works just as well. Usually given this for sinus infections, this is the first time for cystitis.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2012 7:18 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: I have had both bronchitis and pneumonia at least every other year for the past 20 or so years. Out of all of those illnesses I was given Levaquin twice and can not understand why it wasn't perscribed more. I didn't have any side effects at all. In fact, my recovery time with this medicine was marked in days and not weeks like the other perscriptions! One year I actually lost 3 weeks of work (could have actually used more time but I didn't have any time left). I'm actually battling bronchitis right now and when I asked why Levaquin wasn't prescribed since it has worked so well in the past, the doctor just looked at me and said he prefers the Amoxicillin. Fine for him....he's not stuck in bed coughing up lungs!

February 16, 2012 7:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: Had been sick for going on a month now, First round of antibiotics was Amoxicillin 875 for 5 days. It worked up until day 5 and then had one of the worst rebounds I have experienced in a while. I am only on day 2 and I haven't felt this clear in months. I am a bit paranoid about the tendon and muscle warnings since I play soccer so I simply won't be doing any strenuous activities for a while. Then again, I tend to freak out when the slightest thing happens to me so we'll just see. You MUST drink lots of water with this Medicine.. it will surely dry you out. I was taking this with Allegra D 24 hour... and so far so good. Hopefully side effects won't be too bad if any at all. It does make you really tired though.

January 13, 2012 8:30 AM
Review by staygood123: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: I took this and in 3 days I felt so much better. I took 500mg and Mucinex along side it. I always eat some type of vinegar foods (olives or pickles) and because antibiotics are hard on the stomach and vinegar offset the heartburn. I eat yogurt to offset the yeast infection and bananas to keep from muscle cramps (potassium). This is the only medicine that ever helps me. I had a doctor give me something and after 2 weeks it didn%u2019t even phase the infection. 3 days of Levaquin and I was back feeling so much better. I can%u2019t say enough about this medicine. My mom went on it as she got it too and she was shocked how much better she felt after it. She agreed this is a good antibiotic.

December 23, 2011 12:56 PM

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: After being sick for three months and experiencing everything from lung actelecasis to confusion bleeding nose and extreme headaches my doctor put me on levaquin. It is mid day on day three of takin 500mg once a day. I feel a little light headed and my hands are shaky but I am starting to feel a bit better. Shaky hands and light headed are nothing compared to pleurisy, collapsed lung and bleeding infected sinuses. Recommended.

November 26, 2011 3:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: Levaquin 500 mg for adult ear infection for 7 days. By the 3rd day, severe pain in legs and calves. By 8th day severe joint pain all over body. Blood work today, but might be reaction to Levaquin. Feels like flu but worse.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2011 7:09 PM
Review by murrayone: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: I am a serious marathon runner. Started suffering from strange respiratory problems 3 weeks before Chicago marathon. Flew into town to run with a 102f fever. Doctor prescribed this. Within 48 hours things started improving. Now 6 days in on 10 day treatment and most symptoms gone. No side effects. Didn't run marathon, but this medicine seemed to break a nasty infection.

October 12, 2011 6:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Urinary Tract Infection: Had a severe reaction, my tendons swelled up.

September 19, 2011 8:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: I've been taking Levofloxacin for bronchitis (5 days, 750 mg), and I think it's helped a little bit, but it's day five (last dose tonight) and I still feel only a little better than I did before I started. Maybe it's a virus or something, so it isn't responding? Oh well. The biggest problem I've had is the side effects: not as bad as what most people have been talking about (knock on wood), but I have experienced severe, severe nausea, and also insomnia. I take it at around 6 p.m., and the nausea usually goes away by the next afternoon. I started taking it with food, and also drinking a probiotic, and it seems to be helping a little, though I still feel a bit sick. The insomnia is pretty bad!

September 18, 2011 3:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Bronchitis: Was given Levaquin for bronchitis/pneumonia. Within 15 minutes of first dose, I had violent vomiting that lasted almost a half hour. Cannot know if this would help or not. Doctor advised to discontinue use and continue with the steroids. After 4 days,congestion in chest almost cleared. Check all interactions before using.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 1, 2011 7:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: I got a severe allergic reaction after taking this medicine for 2 days: my lips were really swollen, fingers got swollen, I got skin rash. It seemed to be helping with the pneumonia though.

August 1, 2011 3:47 PM
Review by Sherris !: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Pneumonia: I went from bedridden to feeling good again in two days. I am on a 5 day plan and on day 3 some ankle aches and pressure in my head. Overall feeling a lot better.

June 23, 2011 12:33 AM

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Streptococcal Infection: Had Strep Infection. Took ZPACK for 5 days, no change, actually worsening symptoms. 24 hours after first Levaquin - Noticeable Improvement, 48 hours pain gone. Very Powerful.

May 28, 2011 7:09 PM
Review by toot2: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: Saw a PA for sinus infection secondary to bronchitis and acute asthma. Prescribed Levaquin daily for 10 days. After the 2nd day on it I noticed severe right shoulder pain and mild left shoulder pain. I did not make the connection until day 7. I called my pharmacist and was told to stop taking medication. That was 6 days ago. I now also have pain in my right bicep. I had just finished a course of steroids for my asthma which may have made me at increase risk for this side effect. Good news is my sinus infection is gone. Public needs more info on side effects of medication. i

May 16, 2011 3:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Levaquin (levofloxacin) for Sinusitis: So far so good for my sinusitis. A little anxious, feel my heart beating a little faster, and will wake up a few times a night, but I feel it's worth it to get rid of this sinus issue I've had for the last 3 weeks.

May 11, 2011 10:40 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Watch this video series to learn about managing severe allergies (anaphylaxis).