User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 8 reviews 92 medications

Skin Infection 4 reviews 168 medications

Anthrax 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 56 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levaquin reviews 195 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Levaquin

Review by Sidda (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: This medicine does work very well to clear up the infection. I have taken it and had minimal side effects but other times like my most recent I had a lot of side effects, dizzy, insomnia, nerve pain. I have to stop taking it which is really too bad because no other antibiotic gets rid of a sinus infection faster than this.

June 15, 2013 9:26 AM

For Urinary Tract Infection: A few hours after the first dose my arm muscles started burning like I just lifted a bunch of weights and my neck was hurting on one side but I think it was because I was so tense and worried about taking it. These symptoms lasted for about two or three more doses than went away. Took my last pill today and the only other side effects I had were headache and lightheadedness and my heart would beat faster every now and then.

May 28, 2013 11:49 PM

Review by CorinaS:

For Bladder Infection: Had severe urinary tract infection. It was very painful to urinate. After taking only one pill, pain subsided in ten minutes. I suffer from urinary tract infections frequently and have taken many medicines. This medicine is a miracle for me.

May 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Review by Punky33:

For Bronchitis: Two years ago I suffered with chronic pneumonia for over a year. It seemed my GP couldn't be bothered to figure out why I wasn't getting better. (I later found out she had never prescribed Levaquin to people, nor did she know that this was a medicine that should be considered when the first "go to" antibiotics don't work. Finally, after another ER visit I sought the advice of a great pulmonologist who prescribed 750mg of Levaquin for a 10-day course. I started feeling better immediately and it was the last antibiotic I had to take because it finally knocked out the pneumonia. I had no side effects. I have pneumonia again and went straight to Levaquin. I now request it & is the only antibiotic I'll take for these types of infections.

May 9, 2013 8:05 PM

Review by nick787 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I have had sinus infection problem for past 5-6 years. I typically get it around Spring time when my allergies are bad and then I get cold infection and then body gives up. Doctor prescribed 500 mg Amoxicilin 2 times a day. Took for 7 days. On 9th day, Sinus infection came back with fever, congestion, sneezing, etc. Doctor then put me on Cefdinir - 250 mg 2 times a day. Show improvement first 2 days. Cleared nose so that at-least I started breathing again. On 5th day it stopped working. Sinus would not clear. Doctor then changed me to Levaquin, 500 mg, once a day. Huge improvement on day 1 itself. On Day 2-70%. Day 3-80%, Day 4-90%, Day 5th-100%. Make sure to complete 7-10 days treatment. Drink lots of fluid. No muscle pain/tendinitis.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2013 2:02 PM

Review by Snoop5118:

For Pneumonia: After six hours I began to feel relief. After day four, I'm close to 100% cured...but I have six more days to take Levaquin 750mg. I'm also eating a cup of yogurt per day. Make sure you drink lots of water with this medicine or you will feel horrible! Otherwise, I love it.

April 5, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by BuzzMuzz:

For Sinusitis: I was given Levaquin for a persistent sinus infection. By the time I saw the doctor it was almost two months of sinus problems that were just getting worse. I was put on a 14 day regimen. For me, Levaquin worked. It took about 8 days for the sinus pain to start going away, and another 7-8 days for complete clear up of the infection (no runny nose, no sinus pain around the eyes, etc.). I heard some people have much quicker turn-around times for getting better, but at least it worked. I had no side-effects at all, not even upset stomach, like I get with other antibiotics.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 5:19 PM

Review by scholastic1500:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I was given Levaquin for a urinary tract infection after first trying Bactrim, which didn't work. I was really worried to use Levaquin because I read alot of bad reviews for it. However, the only effect I had was that I felt speedy the first day I took it. Subsequent days, I did not have this problem and I made sure to take it in the morning so it wouldn't affect my sleep. It cured my infection wonderfully, and I had no upset stomach or yeast infection after effects. Three months later, I got another urinary tract infection, and Levaquin again did the trick. I really like this antibiotic!

February 22, 2013 8:30 PM

Review by Kidney InFUCKtion Grrrl (taken for less than 1 month):

For Kidney Infections: Treated infection sufficiently, but with weird side effects. Euphoria on some occasions; soul-crushing depression on others. No nausea or other common side effects. (Cipro ALWAYS causes severe depression for me, so this was better).

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 1:19 PM

Review by tangochick (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I took this medication for 6 of the 10 prescribed days and discontinued it on my own due to severe pain all over my body. The pain felt like a serious muscle/joint pain, mostly in my elbows, feet, ankles and shoulders. It has been about a week and I am still hurting and taking it easy. Forget the gym, that makes it much worse. I am taking pain medication daily (both NSAIDs and other meds) and it seems to help.

January 5, 2013 6:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was taking Levaquin for a MRSA. Discovered that this cannot be taken in conjunction with Multiple Sclerosis medicines as it mimics a heart attack.

November 7, 2012 2:54 AM

For Sinusitis: I love Levaquin. No other antibiotic even touches my sinus infections. My head starts to drain within hours of the first pill. Sinus pressure that I didn't even realize I had starts to go away the first day. The dose is generally only 1 pill a day, which makes things easy to remember. Often I will have sinus problems after dental work. I take Levaquin and my sinuses aren't irritated, don't swell and my teeth hurt less. I highly recommend this antibiotic. The only problems I ever experienced were occasional dry mouth and mild diarrhea on the first day.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2012 10:29 AM

Review by CareBearMoore (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: This antibiotic is really helping. I had horrible chest pain, mucus, hard time breathing, fever, etc. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and sinusitis. I was given a 10 day course of 500mg of Levaquin. I am on day 7 and only a few side effects. Minor dizziness, headaches, MAJOR fatigue and feeling of being in a fog. Overall tolerable but I cannot wait to be done! I feel pretty much back to normal with only a tickling cough left. Also I should note that I sleep VERY well and my appetite has not been affected. I am pleased considering how sick I was and the fact that other antibiotics made me feel horrible in the past.

October 15, 2012 10:46 AM

Review by Ant lee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: Weird dreams

September 21, 2012 4:51 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bronchitis: Levaquin is the only antibiotic that works for me when I get either bronchitis or pneumonia. I take 750mg for 10 days and I swear by it. I've been taking it for years with no noticeable side effects. I am now 62.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2012 10:42 PM

For Bronchitis: Was prescribed this medicine for bronchitis. Very dizzy and nauseous after one pill.

June 3, 2012 8:12 AM

For Bronchitis: Took this last year for my first bout with pneumonia, I felt like I was on deaths door, cleared it up in 5 days. Now back 10 months later with bronchitis, not nearly as bad as pneumonia but getting ready for a 7 day hiking trip in Maine, asked Dr for this again, 2 days later I feel 90% better. I love this medicine.

May 25, 2012 12:00 AM

Review by mewsician (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: I was prescribed 500 mg x 1/day for 7 days for a throat infection yesterday. Two hours after taking Levaquin, I went to bed, and immediately upon lying down the ends of all my toes went numb. An hour later I had extremely rapid heart beat and sweating, and couldn't sleep. Today, my throat and the rest of my body are significantly better, but my toes are still half numb. It's the weekend, so I called the pharmacist, she advised me to stop taking the medicine and go to my doctor on Monday.

May 5, 2012 12:31 PM

For Sinusitis: Within one hour had panic attack, crying, heart racing, nauseous, dizzy and sensitive to light. No appetite. No problems sleeping but was very scary.

March 23, 2012 2:07 PM

Review by jojumpn:

For Sinusitis: On day 9 of 14, 750mg, still sick but 75% feeling better. No sides effects so far.

March 21, 2012 12:22 AM

For Bladder Infection: Lots of trouble sleeping and lots of anxiety with this medicine. It also makes me a bit depressed. Better if you can take it in the morning instead of later at night. Works, but there is probably something with less side effects that works just as well. Usually given this for sinus infections, this is the first time for cystitis.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2012 7:18 PM

For Bronchitis: I have had both bronchitis and pneumonia at least every other year for the past 20 or so years. Out of all of those illnesses I was given Levaquin twice and can not understand why it wasn't perscribed more. I didn't have any side effects at all. In fact, my recovery time with this medicine was marked in days and not weeks like the other perscriptions! One year I actually lost 3 weeks of work (could have actually used more time but I didn't have any time left). I'm actually battling bronchitis right now and when I asked why Levaquin wasn't prescribed since it has worked so well in the past, the doctor just looked at me and said he prefers the Amoxicillin. Fine for him....he's not stuck in bed coughing up lungs!

February 16, 2012 7:36 PM

For Sinusitis: Had been sick for going on a month now, First round of antibiotics was Amoxicillin 875 for 5 days. It worked up until day 5 and then had one of the worst rebounds I have experienced in a while. I am only on day 2 and I haven't felt this clear in months. I am a bit paranoid about the tendon and muscle warnings since I play soccer so I simply won't be doing any strenuous activities for a while. Then again, I tend to freak out when the slightest thing happens to me so we'll just see. You MUST drink lots of water with this Medicine.. it will surely dry you out. I was taking this with Allegra D 24 hour... and so far so good. Hopefully side effects won't be too bad if any at all. It does make you really tired though.

January 13, 2012 8:30 AM

Review by staygood123:

For Bronchitis: I took this and in 3 days I felt so much better. I took 500mg and Mucinex along side it. I always eat some type of vinegar foods (olives or pickles) and because antibiotics are hard on the stomach and vinegar offset the heartburn. I eat yogurt to offset the yeast infection and bananas to keep from muscle cramps (potassium). This is the only medicine that ever helps me. I had a doctor give me something and after 2 weeks it didn%u2019t even phase the infection. 3 days of Levaquin and I was back feeling so much better. I can%u2019t say enough about this medicine. My mom went on it as she got it too and she was shocked how much better she felt after it. She agreed this is a good antibiotic.

December 23, 2011 12:56 PM

For Sinusitis: After being sick for three months and experiencing everything from lung actelecasis to confusion bleeding nose and extreme headaches my doctor put me on levaquin. It is mid day on day three of takin 500mg once a day. I feel a little light headed and my hands are shaky but I am starting to feel a bit better. Shaky hands and light headed are nothing compared to pleurisy, collapsed lung and bleeding infected sinuses. Recommended.

November 26, 2011 3:21 PM