User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 57 medications

Urinary Tract Infection 19 reviews 159 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 4 reviews 152 medications

Anthrax 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague Prophylaxis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levaquin reviews 210 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Levaquin

For Sinusitis "I'm on day three of this antibiotic. I've taken 6 other antibiotics for sinus infection, bronchitis and severe ear infections due to allergic reaction in Dec. I've not experienced too bad of sleep issues since the first night (I already struggle with sleep). Huge loss of appetite and need to increase water consumption. Just began experiencing a lot if drainage that chokes me when I cough. Waiting for the medication to work on my ears because I can't hear at all! Really worried about the muscle issues since I do work out a lot and need to for sanity but am taking time off while on this medication. Hopeful after reading post that this will help clear out the infection!"

Pifoofaery (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Horrible shoulder and knee pain"

Emmadog1 February 28, 2014

For Pneumonia "I had a high fever and was treated with Augmentin for a sinus infection but it turned into pneumonia. I was given Levaquin for 14 days 500 mg. It helped the pneumonia but it is hard on your stomach and I have now developed plantar fascitis."

Debbie doodles February 11, 2014

For Pneumonia "Took it for 3 days. Numb skin, lips, hands and feet. I can't sense temperature. Heart rate irregular. Seeing cardiologist tomorrow. Severe pain in lower extremities, only when trying to sleep though! Oh and my legs feel like they weigh 200lbs each. Today is 11 days off of medicine and still no relief. "

WARNING BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! February 11, 2014

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "Dr. said I had cellulitus on my left ankle & foot. It was also very swollen and painful. I was very happy with taking Levaquin. It took the pain & swelling completely away and I didn't experience no side effects. I've had this flare up 2 more times & this is the only medication that has helped me. It is very exspensive, but other than that I'm very pleased."

Rizz January 23, 2014

For Pneumonia "Took Cipro for a pseudomonas infection and then five months later took Levaquin. Joint and tendon pain just kept getting worse and I'm still suffering from these side effects two months after discontinuing. "

The Owl. PhD (Physics) (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2013

For Bacterial Infection "Took Levaquin for 4 days after a week of amoxicillin did not help spider bite. Last night broke out in severe hives. Now taking steroids to counteract the antibiotic. Only reason I rated what I did is because spider bite is much better"

texasgail (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2013

For Pneumonia "This medicine made me feel absolutely horrible. Funny chest feeling, foggy head, dizzy, and an overall bad feeling. Never want to take again. Last three days took 1/2 in a.m. and other 1/2 in p.m. That was a lot better. Have been off for about two weeks, and still a foggy and light headed. Do not want to take again ever. I am 71 years old and it is not recommended for older people."

Dirtroad Sal November 6, 2013

For Bronchitis "Was given this drug following severe bronchitis due to chronic dental inflammations. By day 3, I realized my left ankle was painful and hobbled. I read the black box warnings and immediately discontinued the drug, however, that ankle and then the other one got progressively worse. I was barely making it to work and back, trying to do eldercare solo, and thinking I was going to be crippled for life 6 months later. Was seriously looking into joining class action lawsuit and probably should have, but no energy left over. Think megadoses of magnesium and supplements plus some homeopathics like Thuja finally tipped the balance, and I gradually was able to walk normally without pain again. Used Oil of Oregano to clear the infections."

Healthcaring (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2013

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Levaquin after suffering for 2 weeks with a severe cold and sinusitis. The Levaquin took care of the cold, but I got such severe tendonitis in my right ankle the day after stopping a 10-day course of it that I couldn't even touch my foot to the floor. It has improved by staying off my feet and icing - ice is really your friend here - but almost two months later I am still icing and wearing a brace, and now the pain has migrated up my leg. But the real problem is that I have breast cancer for the second time, and the doctors do not want to operate until my body is infection-free and inflammation-free. My son's way to ice is the best: ice the spot with a cube until it has completely melted."

Lovesrobins (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2013

For Pneumonia "I was hospitalized with pneumonia receiving Levaquin and fluids via IV. By the fifth day, the fever was gone and the cough was almost gone. I felt overwhelmingly tired for several weeks but my doctor said that is to be expected with pneumonia."

Diane MB September 3, 2013

For Sinusitis "I was very nervous when I was prescribed this medicine due to some other reviews I have read. I have had a sinus infection for the last 5 weeks and didn't clear up with the first round of Amoxicillin. I was given 500 mg of Levaquin for 10 days. I'm on day 9 and the sinus infection is completely gone. It took about 5 days for it to really start working. The only side effects I had were low appetite and trouble sleeping. The trouble sleeping was hard to deal with but I offset it with Unisom and that seemed to do the trick. I also took the medicine after lunch instead of right before bed. No upset stomach like I normally get with antibiotics. Would definitely use again and recommend."

JennfreakingJen August 27, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pneumonia "Went to the ER with severe coughing, chest pains and fever. After Xrays, CT scan and blood tests, I was diagnosed with pneumonia. The doc started me on Levaquin via IV and gave me a 5 day dose of 750mg. I am on day 4 and feel SO much better! Still coughing a little, but nothing compared to before!"

K.Charlene.T (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2013

For Pneumonia "Adverse reaction to Levaquin. Extreme numbness and tingling in my fingers and toes, ongoing dry mouth. First prescribed a few years ago for an infection. After complaining about the numbness I was told to discard them and given another antibiotic. Went in this time for pneumonia and was given a tablet before I realized this was the same medication I had an adverse reaction to before. Experiencing the same reaction after only one tablet, it's now 3 days later. "

Bridalmack (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2013

For Pneumonia "It worked great for my pneumonia but it caused my heart rate to go up, chest pain and anxiety. I would ask for a different one if you have heart issues or tachycardia."

Chrissy S June 18, 2013

For Sinusitis "This medicine does work very well to clear up the infection. I have taken it and had minimal side effects but other times like my most recent I had a lot of side effects, dizzy, insomnia, nerve pain. I have to stop taking it which is really too bad because no other antibiotic gets rid of a sinus infection faster than this."

Sidda (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2013

For Urinary Tract Infection "A few hours after the first dose my arm muscles started burning like I just lifted a bunch of weights and my neck was hurting on one side but I think it was because I was so tense and worried about taking it. These symptoms lasted for about two or three more doses than went away. Took my last pill today and the only other side effects I had were headache and lightheadedness and my heart would beat faster every now and then."

Anonymous May 28, 2013

For Bladder Infection "Had severe urinary tract infection. It was very painful to urinate. After taking only one pill, pain subsided in ten minutes. I suffer from urinary tract infections frequently and have taken many medicines. This medicine is a miracle for me."

CorinaS May 10, 2013

For Bronchitis "Two years ago I suffered with chronic pneumonia for over a year. It seemed my GP couldn't be bothered to figure out why I wasn't getting better. (I later found out she had never prescribed Levaquin to people, nor did she know that this was a medicine that should be considered when the first "go to" antibiotics don't work. Finally, after another ER visit I sought the advice of a great pulmonologist who prescribed 750mg of Levaquin for a 10-day course. I started feeling better immediately and it was the last antibiotic I had to take because it finally knocked out the pneumonia. I had no side effects. I have pneumonia again and went straight to Levaquin. I now request it & is the only antibiotic I'll take for these types of infections."

Punky33 May 9, 2013

For Sinusitis "I have had sinus infection problem for past 5-6 years. I typically get it around Spring time when my allergies are bad and then I get cold infection and then body gives up. Doctor prescribed 500 mg Amoxicilin 2 times a day. Took for 7 days. On 9th day, Sinus infection came back with fever, congestion, sneezing, etc. Doctor then put me on Cefdinir - 250 mg 2 times a day. Show improvement first 2 days. Cleared nose so that at-least I started breathing again. On 5th day it stopped working. Sinus would not clear. Doctor then changed me to Levaquin, 500 mg, once a day. Huge improvement on day 1 itself. On Day 2-70%. Day 3-80%, Day 4-90%, Day 5th-100%. Make sure to complete 7-10 days treatment. Drink lots of fluid. No muscle pain/tendinitis."

nick787 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2013

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pneumonia "After six hours I began to feel relief. After day four, I'm close to 100% cured...but I have six more days to take Levaquin 750mg. I'm also eating a cup of yogurt per day. Make sure you drink lots of water with this medicine or you will feel horrible! Otherwise, I love it."

Snoop5118 April 5, 2013

For Sinusitis "I was given Levaquin for a persistent sinus infection. By the time I saw the doctor it was almost two months of sinus problems that were just getting worse. I was put on a 14 day regimen. For me, Levaquin worked. It took about 8 days for the sinus pain to start going away, and another 7-8 days for complete clear up of the infection (no runny nose, no sinus pain around the eyes, etc.). I heard some people have much quicker turn-around times for getting better, but at least it worked. I had no side-effects at all, not even upset stomach, like I get with other antibiotics."

BuzzMuzz March 6, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "I was given Levaquin for a urinary tract infection after first trying Bactrim, which didn't work. I was really worried to use Levaquin because I read alot of bad reviews for it. However, the only effect I had was that I felt speedy the first day I took it. Subsequent days, I did not have this problem and I made sure to take it in the morning so it wouldn't affect my sleep. It cured my infection wonderfully, and I had no upset stomach or yeast infection after effects. Three months later, I got another urinary tract infection, and Levaquin again did the trick. I really like this antibiotic!"

scholastic1500 February 22, 2013

For Kidney Infections "Treated infection sufficiently, but with weird side effects. Euphoria on some occasions; soul-crushing depression on others. No nausea or other common side effects. (Cipro ALWAYS causes severe depression for me, so this was better)."

Kidney InFUCKtion Grrrl (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2013

For Sinusitis "I took this medication for 6 of the 10 prescribed days and discontinued it on my own due to severe pain all over my body. The pain felt like a serious muscle/joint pain, mostly in my elbows, feet, ankles and shoulders. It has been about a week and I am still hurting and taking it easy. Forget the gym, that makes it much worse. I am taking pain medication daily (both NSAIDs and other meds) and it seems to help."

tangochick (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2013