User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 57 medications

Urinary Tract Infection 19 reviews 159 medications

Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 4 reviews 152 medications

Anthrax 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 35 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nosocomial Pneumonia 0 reviews 25 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease 0 reviews 62 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague 0 reviews 27 medications Not rated - Be the first
Plague Prophylaxis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levaquin reviews 210 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Levaquin

For Bacterial Infection "i have been suffering with a sinus infection for over 2 months. I was on Bactrin for 14 days , Predisone for 10days which is a steroid which to allergy medicine used OTC sinus medicine then finally was given this med. After only one dose my sinus ,ear pain & sore throat cause by post nasal drip began to disappear. I did experience some coughing the first time Ilaid down but guess what the mucus was not longer greenishyellow draining it was super dark green. That was one serious infection! Tried & true believe me it worked for me. I had laryngitis for 2 months and two days after this medication my voice is back:) two thumbs up"

Steelergal33 June 4, 2015

For Sinusitis "I have had chronic sinusitus for 30 years. Sometimes 4 per year and we had to do cultures to make sure we got the right bug after have numerous antibiotics failed. I think allergies and maybe viral infections start it off and then it turns into an infection. This medication has worked for me over the last 10 years ,although we have used other drugs to good effect. I have had few side effects except for dizzyiness and some brain fog for a few hours after taking the drug. It works very quickly on my infections but I do worry about side effects. I have been an avid weight lifter and never slowed down while on this med and had no issues with tendons or aches. This time I will take it a little easier and just keep my joints and muscles moving!"

rsilver (taken for 10 years or more) May 21, 2015

For Sinusitis "I am on day 3 of taking this medicine and feel horrible. I haven't slept in 2 nights and don't want to eat. I am calling my doctor in the morning and telling him I will not take anymore of this. I have never felt this bad from a drug before."

dstie May 20, 2015

For Sinusitis "I was prescribed Levaquin 500mg 1x/day for chronic sinus infections. On day 8 (of a 10 day prescription), I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Every tendon in my body hurt. Even the tiny ones in my fingers. It took me till the next day to realize it was the Levaquin causing this (no doctor or pharmacist had warned me). I threw out the day 10 pill. This was 3 mths ago. For the first two weeks, the pain got worse. I was unable to walk for a week. After that, it gradually began to subside and I began to be able to walk, albeit very slowly, again. I spent about a month on bed rest. I just saw an ortho yesterday and she is optimistic about my progress. She said it may take about 1 yr for me to heal. I am about 85% better."

Anonymous in GA (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

For Sinusitis "I started taking this med this morning and after a few hours I began feeling better. No side effects thus far, but very impressed with it's speed."

Anonymous May 8, 2015

For Pneumonia "I was prescribed levaquin for pneumonia. And yes it treats pneumonia, but the nausea and overall feeling of stomach cramps and brain fogginess made me quit five days in, I had to work or at least talk to clients and the way the levaquin made me feel I couldn't do that. I could barely talk try family, let alone friends, I felt so bad. I quit the levaquin, but most likely will need another antibiotic. Because the lung rattling and the whistling noises when I breathe are back, but no fever yet. It absolutely was the levaquin making me so sick to my stomach because when I don't take it, I don't have those symptoms"

ksbarent (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

For Sinusitis "Well it did the job, and then some. It cleared up my sinus infection, plus I had the lovely experience of having severe acne on my back from the drug. I never break-out. Then, a week after I stopped the 10 -day medication, I have a UTI, and vaginal bleeding (in between periods). I think it is insane that medication for a simple sinus infection can leave to several other complications."

TweeterPop April 30, 2015

For Bronchitis "I have been on this antibiotic for 6 days for pneumonia and while the cough has slowed way down, I am having severe chest pain. I am thinking it's because when I do have a coughing fit it's violent, Brutal. I only have one more dose at 500 mg and I am worried I'm relapsing, though no high temp I feel almost like I started out. I am now trying herbal teas, garlic, Rosemary and Kombucha. I just started these so I'm praying it will all work as a team. No side effects only a little queasy!"

CLoggins (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2015

For Prostatitis "I have just started Levofloxacin for prostatitis that I've been battling for 4 months. I've tried Doxy and Cipro with no luck. I'm day two into Levofloxacin and I'm experiencing pretty back anxiety. Has anybody else experienced anxiety on this medication? Should I stop taking it or try and push through it?? Thank you"

Land St. C April 11, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I suffer from recurring UTI's. My doctor prescribed Levoquin. After a few days, my UTI symptoms went away. I suffer from bipolar disorder, so I can't make the direct link of the mood-related side effects to the Levoquin. The only side effects that I can link to the use of Levoquin are as follows: tiredness, exacerbation of sciatica, joint pain, feeling unsteady while walking, nausea, stomach pain, agitation, insomnia, minor depression, foggy headed, and confusion. I did not suffer the four most common side effects. All of the symptoms I experienced were tolerable. The Levoquin worked on my UTI within 3 days, and I continued the medication as prescribed. While others have suffered from worse side effects, that was not my experience."

LaylaDusty (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2015

For Sinusitis "I love "Levequin". It's the only antibiotic that cures my sinus infections and I have been put on everything. Some will start to work and then...nope. I feel my sinuses begin to drain within hours after beginning Levequin. I started having sinus infections about 20 years ago and had a stroke 2 months after my sinus surgery (the only thing I got from it) the infections are thought to come from allergies to dust mites and dog dander which are everywhere. I hate though when a new doctor doesn't believe in using such a "strong antibiotic" or that it's necessary. I have failed college courses because of failing to get my "Levequin"."

Lucy Sinus (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 27, 2015

For Sinusitis "I had bad nightmares, light handedness, dizziness, faintness. I won't wish this on my worst enemy! I missed work because after I my doctor told me to stop the med. It stayed in my system for 3 days."

Mrs.T (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

For Sinusitis "Did that one poster seriously share an experience where a doctor had him/her on 750mg Levaquin for 7-weeks (49-days)? Is that even survivable, let alone right? I just finished 10-days of 750mg for an upper sinus infection that has lasted 5-months...it turned me inside out! It's too early to tell if it has really helped, but the CT showed no signs of infection now, so I'm hopeful. Everything else we've tried has given me temporary relief, but less than 2-weeks later was back with a vengeance. This was my 6th round of antibiotics...hopefully my last. I'm just curious how someone could stomach it for that long."

Curious_2 March 19, 2015

For Bronchitis "I was prescribed this medicine for bronchitis, 500mg. for 7 days. It really cleared up the bronchitis, but left me with bad tendonitis in my right leg. No telling how long this will go on. I can barely walk when I first get up in the morning, although it gets better with gentle exercise. I too have noticed crazy dreams, no dizziness, but I think it is causing me to make some bad decisions. Do not take this medicine for anything under any conditions. Find some other drug. The side effects are unpredictable, come on after you have already stopped taking it, and are miserable. I'm going to try some of the remedies the other reviewers have mentioned."

pxebtz (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2015

For Bronchitis "Every winter I get terrible Bronchitis. Usually am constantly coughing, use a nebulizer, use inhaler, this all last literally until spring! Coughing for months. This time caught it early. Took shots and Levaquin for ten days. Felt like total crude for the whole time BUT it worked. First time it all left without those months of cough, cough, coughing solid back to back. Can't tell you what a relief it was. SO take it!! Despite side affects unless it's too serious you'll be glad you did!!"

PJPKR January 16, 2015

For Bronchitis "This is my 3rd time taking this medicine. First 2 times my shin bones hurt bad for 2 weeks this time my left thumb and palm so far hurts badly but this medicine does work for what ailes me. I just hope my shin bones don't hurt so bad this time. By the way my prescription is 5 pills of 750mg daily for 5 days."

an old fart (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2014

"I had a psychotic episode -- paranoia, free-floating anxiety, illogical and irrational thinking"

BW777 October 25, 2014

For Pneumonia "Was sick for a week with pneumonia and went to urgent care. 102F fever, cough, no appetite, severe fatigue. Prescribed Levaquin and started feeling better in 2-3 days. Fatigue and cough continued for several weeks. Lost 7 pounds. I did not experience any side effects at all. Would highly recommend this medication."

Ewock (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

For Sinusitis "I have taken Levaquin many times for my sinuses and have had 2 sinus surgeries. I am currently on my 38th day of 750mg and have 11 more days to go of taking it. We are doing this for so long as a last resort before doing surgery again. I can not tell that it is doing much good this go around. It does not allow me to rest well so I take it in the morning but I can honestly say that I am over the vomiting daily because of it. It also gives me the shakes and just a very bad overall feeling until lunch or so."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics (and always get side effects!) and get sick a lot. I used to take Z-Packs almost once a month and now I wonder why I hadn't tried Levaquin sooner! This is my 3rd time on Levaquin this year. I took it twice for my chronic ear infection with success. The first time my joints felt like I was an arthritic old lady! The 2nd time I had only some ankle and finger pain. I'm on day 1 today for a urinary tract infection and ear infection from a water park. I can feel it working and I have no joint pain."

Breee (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Took 500 mgs once a day for a severe sinus infection. By day 3 my nasal passages opened up, sinus pressure and pain eased up. On day 5 I felt 90% better. Infection gone by day 8. Only side effect was I slept alot but that could be because I was sick."

BP72 July 28, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "I swear by Levaquin! It's what works for me. I spent so much money on Amoxicillen, Z-Pack etc... and it doesn't help. I have used it from a sinus infection, UTI, and pulmonary illnesses. It's the medicine of choice for me. I have never experienced any side effects or adverse reactions. I'm very compliant with taking it daily, there have been times I missed doses because they're prescribed 3-4x a day. It's fast acting and does the trick, love it. I do think about becoming resistant to Levaquin, down the road, but by that time hopefully there will be another medicine of choice that is equally as effective! Thanks."

LFrancine July 2, 2014

For Sinusitis "I started Levaquin four days ago....noticed that I couldn't sleep the first night. I have a sinus infection with a bad cough. The cough has improved, but still have drainage and eye pain. I asked the doctor for sleep medication which he gave me so I have no problem with that now. Eating lots of yogurt and taking probiotics and drinking lots of fluids. Still, the infection may not respond to this antibiotic as I have had the infection on and off for several months. Used this antibiotic as a last resort. Hopefully, it will clear up soon."

Mindygirl June 29, 2014

For Bronchitis "This is the third time I had asthmatic bronchitis and using Levaquin. First time I had been given Biaxin which not only didn't work but I almost had to be hospitalized. Then prescribed Levaquin and by the fifth day felt 100% better. Side effects get less with each day.(Mine are stomach upset and drowsiness) But without this medicine I would need oxygen. Thanks there are better options."

LinZee55 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014

For Bronchitis "I have a very bad bout of bronchitis. I'm on day 5 and I don't feel markedly improved. The coughing is not quite as often, however when I do cough the phlegm feels thicker and the coughing spasms are more violent. It could be because the Mucinex is now wearing off. I just had higher expectations. Now I'm nervous, because I don't feel like my condition is improving. And the sound and feel of the mucus is a lot worse, but no side effects."

Shay_Shay (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2014