User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Kidney Infections 8 reviews 92 medications

Skin Infection 4 reviews 168 medications

Anthrax 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Anthrax Prophylaxis 0 reviews 45 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chlamydia Infection 0 reviews 56 medications Not rated - Be the first
Epididymitis, Sexually Transmitted 0 reviews 32 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 0 reviews 16 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nongonococcal Urethritis 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculosis, Active 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Levaquin reviews 194 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Levaquin

Review by BW777:

I had a psychotic episode -- paranoia, free-floating anxiety, illogical and irrational thinking

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 4:32 PM

Review by Ewock (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Was sick for a week with pneumonia and went to urgent care. 102F fever, cough, no appetite, severe fatigue. Prescribed Levaquin and started feeling better in 2-3 days. Fatigue and cough continued for several weeks. Lost 7 pounds. I did not experience any side effects at all. Would highly recommend this medication.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 10:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Sinusitis: I have taken Levaquin many times for my sinuses and have had 2 sinus surgeries. I am currently on my 38th day of 750mg and have 11 more days to go of taking it. We are doing this for so long as a last resort before doing surgery again. I can not tell that it is doing much good this go around. It does not allow me to rest well so I take it in the morning but I can honestly say that I am over the vomiting daily because of it. It also gives me the shakes and just a very bad overall feeling until lunch or so.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 8:50 AM

Review by Breee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Urinary Tract Infection: I am allergic to a lot of antibiotics (and always get side effects!) and get sick a lot. I used to take Z-Packs almost once a month and now I wonder why I hadn't tried Levaquin sooner! This is my 3rd time on Levaquin this year. I took it twice for my chronic ear infection with success. The first time my joints felt like I was an arthritic old lady! The 2nd time I had only some ankle and finger pain. I'm on day 1 today for a urinary tract infection and ear infection from a water park. I can feel it working and I have no joint pain.

August 5, 2014 8:04 PM

Review by BP72:

For Bacterial Infection: Took 500 mgs once a day for a severe sinus infection. By day 3 my nasal passages opened up, sinus pressure and pain eased up. On day 5 I felt 90% better. Infection gone by day 8. Only side effect was I slept alot but that could be because I was sick.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 12:14 PM

Review by LFrancine:

For Urinary Tract Infection: I swear by Levaquin! It's what works for me. I spent so much money on Amoxicillen, Z-Pack etc... and it doesn't help. I have used it from a sinus infection, UTI, and pulmonary illnesses. It's the medicine of choice for me. I have never experienced any side effects or adverse reactions. I'm very compliant with taking it daily, there have been times I missed doses because they're prescribed 3-4x a day. It's fast acting and does the trick, love it. I do think about becoming resistant to Levaquin, down the road, but by that time hopefully there will be another medicine of choice that is equally as effective! Thanks.

July 2, 2014 4:59 PM

Review by Mindygirl:

For Sinusitis: I started Levaquin four days ago....noticed that I couldn't sleep the first night. I have a sinus infection with a bad cough. The cough has improved, but still have drainage and eye pain. I asked the doctor for sleep medication which he gave me so I have no problem with that now. Eating lots of yogurt and taking probiotics and drinking lots of fluids. Still, the infection may not respond to this antibiotic as I have had the infection on and off for several months. Used this antibiotic as a last resort. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.

June 29, 2014 9:39 AM

Review by LinZee55 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: This is the third time I had asthmatic bronchitis and using Levaquin. First time I had been given Biaxin which not only didn't work but I almost had to be hospitalized. Then prescribed Levaquin and by the fifth day felt 100% better. Side effects get less with each day.(Mine are stomach upset and drowsiness) But without this medicine I would need oxygen. Thanks there are better options.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 8:35 PM

Review by Shay_Shay (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: I have a very bad bout of bronchitis. I'm on day 5 and I don't feel markedly improved. The coughing is not quite as often, however when I do cough the phlegm feels thicker and the coughing spasms are more violent. It could be because the Mucinex is now wearing off. I just had higher expectations. Now I'm nervous, because I don't feel like my condition is improving. And the sound and feel of the mucus is a lot worse, but no side effects.

May 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Review by Pifoofaery (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I'm on day three of this antibiotic. I've taken 6 other antibiotics for sinus infection, bronchitis and severe ear infections due to allergic reaction in Dec. I've not experienced too bad of sleep issues since the first night (I already struggle with sleep). Huge loss of appetite and need to increase water consumption. Just began experiencing a lot if drainage that chokes me when I cough. Waiting for the medication to work on my ears because I can't hear at all! Really worried about the muscle issues since I do work out a lot and need to for sanity but am taking time off while on this medication. Hopeful after reading post that this will help clear out the infection!

April 3, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Emmadog1:

For Bacterial Infection: Horrible shoulder and knee pain

February 28, 2014 10:38 PM

Review by Debbie doodles:

For Pneumonia: I had a high fever and was treated with Augmentin for a sinus infection but it turned into pneumonia. I was given Levaquin for 14 days 500 mg. It helped the pneumonia but it is hard on your stomach and I have now developed plantar fascitis.

February 11, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by WARNING BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

For Pneumonia: Took it for 3 days. Numb skin, lips, hands and feet. I can't sense temperature. Heart rate irregular. Seeing cardiologist tomorrow. Severe pain in lower extremities, only when trying to sleep though! Oh and my legs feel like they weigh 200lbs each. Today is 11 days off of medicine and still no relief.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by Rizz:

For Skin Infection: Dr. said I had cellulitus on my left ankle & foot. It was also very swollen and painful. I was very happy with taking Levaquin. It took the pain & swelling completely away and I didn't experience no side effects. I've had this flare up 2 more times & this is the only medication that has helped me. It is very exspensive, but other than that I'm very pleased.

January 23, 2014 11:27 PM

Review by The Owl. PhD (Physics) (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Took Cipro for a pseudomonas infection and then five months later took Levaquin. Joint and tendon pain just kept getting worse and I'm still suffering from these side effects two months after discontinuing.

December 23, 2013 11:49 AM

Review by texasgail (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Took Levaquin for 4 days after a week of amoxicillin did not help spider bite. Last night broke out in severe hives. Now taking steroids to counteract the antibiotic. Only reason I rated what I did is because spider bite is much better

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2013 11:40 AM

Review by Dirtroad Sal:

For Pneumonia: This medicine made me feel absolutely horrible. Funny chest feeling, foggy head, dizzy, and an overall bad feeling. Never want to take again. Last three days took 1/2 in a.m. and other 1/2 in p.m. That was a lot better. Have been off for about two weeks, and still a foggy and light headed. Do not want to take again ever. I am 71 years old and it is not recommended for older people.

November 6, 2013 3:33 PM

Review by Healthcaring (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bronchitis: Was given this drug following severe bronchitis due to chronic dental inflammations. By day 3, I realized my left ankle was painful and hobbled. I read the black box warnings and immediately discontinued the drug, however, that ankle and then the other one got progressively worse. I was barely making it to work and back, trying to do eldercare solo, and thinking I was going to be crippled for life 6 months later. Was seriously looking into joining class action lawsuit and probably should have, but no energy left over. Think megadoses of magnesium and supplements plus some homeopathics like Thuja finally tipped the balance, and I gradually was able to walk normally without pain again. Used Oil of Oregano to clear the infections.

October 26, 2013 10:27 PM

Review by Lovesrobins (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: I was prescribed Levaquin after suffering for 2 weeks with a severe cold and sinusitis. The Levaquin took care of the cold, but I got such severe tendonitis in my right ankle the day after stopping a 10-day course of it that I couldn't even touch my foot to the floor. It has improved by staying off my feet and icing - ice is really your friend here - but almost two months later I am still icing and wearing a brace, and now the pain has migrated up my leg. But the real problem is that I have breast cancer for the second time, and the doctors do not want to operate until my body is infection-free and inflammation-free. My son's way to ice is the best: ice the spot with a cube until it has completely melted.

October 23, 2013 9:26 AM

Review by Diane MB:

For Pneumonia: I was hospitalized with pneumonia receiving Levaquin and fluids via IV. By the fifth day, the fever was gone and the cough was almost gone. I felt overwhelmingly tired for several weeks but my doctor said that is to be expected with pneumonia.

September 3, 2013 7:44 PM

Review by JennfreakingJen:

For Sinusitis: I was very nervous when I was prescribed this medicine due to some other reviews I have read. I have had a sinus infection for the last 5 weeks and didn't clear up with the first round of Amoxicillin. I was given 500 mg of Levaquin for 10 days. I'm on day 9 and the sinus infection is completely gone. It took about 5 days for it to really start working. The only side effects I had were low appetite and trouble sleeping. The trouble sleeping was hard to deal with but I offset it with Unisom and that seemed to do the trick. I also took the medicine after lunch instead of right before bed. No upset stomach like I normally get with antibiotics. Would definitely use again and recommend.

August 27, 2013 11:32 PM

Review by K.Charlene.T (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Went to the ER with severe coughing, chest pains and fever. After Xrays, CT scan and blood tests, I was diagnosed with pneumonia. The doc started me on Levaquin via IV and gave me a 5 day dose of 750mg. I am on day 4 and feel SO much better! Still coughing a little, but nothing compared to before!

July 24, 2013 4:50 PM

Review by Bridalmack (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pneumonia: Adverse reaction to Levaquin. Extreme numbness and tingling in my fingers and toes, ongoing dry mouth. First prescribed a few years ago for an infection. After complaining about the numbness I was told to discard them and given another antibiotic. Went in this time for pneumonia and was given a tablet before I realized this was the same medication I had an adverse reaction to before. Experiencing the same reaction after only one tablet, it's now 3 days later.

June 22, 2013 1:35 PM

Review by Chrissy S:

For Pneumonia: It worked great for my pneumonia but it caused my heart rate to go up, chest pain and anxiety. I would ask for a different one if you have heart issues or tachycardia.

June 18, 2013 1:30 AM

Review by Sidda (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sinusitis: This medicine does work very well to clear up the infection. I have taken it and had minimal side effects but other times like my most recent I had a lot of side effects, dizzy, insomnia, nerve pain. I have to stop taking it which is really too bad because no other antibiotic gets rid of a sinus infection faster than this.

June 15, 2013 9:26 AM