User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Levaquin review summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 141 medications used in the treatment of Skin Infection.

Reviews for Levaquin to treat Skin Infection

Review by Rizz:

Dr. said I had cellulitus on my left ankle & foot. It was also very swollen and painful. I was very happy with taking Levaquin. It took the pain & swelling completely away and I didn't experience no side effects. I've had this flare up 2 more times & this is the only medication that has helped me. It is very exspensive, but other than that I'm very pleased.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 11:27 PM

Prescribed this medicine for a skin infection. Side effects that I experienced were: confusion, sensitivity to sun, could feel some old muscle/tendon injuries stiffening, depression and even had some thoughts of suicide. These side effects were very real and tied directly to taking the medicine. I could feel the confusion and depression lift, literally within 2 minutes, when the side effect wore off. The depression would dissipate about 8 hours after taking the 500mg pill.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2010 8:51 AM

I had a severe skin infection, and I used this medication and I had no issues. I was told not to overdose by taking the medicine to close together but altogether a positive experience. VERY Pricey though, that's the only downfall.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 16, 2010 12:07 PM

Review by deeC:

My son had a severe skin infection so my doctor gave him this medicine. He took it immediately on a empty stomach. He had just got home from Doctor's office. It made him sick so he threw up. I called the Doctor's office and told them what happeened and they told me to not give it to him anymore. It wasn't worth the side effect for my son.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate