User Reviews for Levaquin

Learn more about Levaquin.

Levaquin review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 68 medications used in the treatment of Kidney Infections.

Reviews for Levaquin to treat Kidney Infections

Review by Kidney InFUCKtion Grrrl (taken for less than 1 month):

Treated infection sufficiently, but with weird side effects. Euphoria on some occasions; soul-crushing depression on others. No nausea or other common side effects. (Cipro ALWAYS causes severe depression for me, so this was better).

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2013 1:19 PM

Review by marisaelena:

Less side effects than Ciprofloxacin for myself, but definitely makes me achy and muscles feel tense. Works very quickly, pain and irritation from kidney infection was gone after one day.

July 16, 2009 6:32 PM

The symptoms of my kidney infection seemed to go away within 24 hours. However the side effects of the Levaquin started with the first dose. I have a headache, nausea, and feel as though I can't catch my breath. I am grateful that the symptoms of the infection are gone.

July 15, 2009 4:46 PM

Review by Michelvis:

I was put on Levaquin due to a nasty kidney infection that was found (finally) after I went to the ER because of severe seizures. I have epilepsy, Pallindromic arthritis, and Lupus. After reading this information. My husband picked up the script for me and he was told that these needed to be taken at the same time. Now I am bothered because the side effects of this drug are very much like what I live with daily (joint pain, rashes, seizures, insomnia, etc). I am wondering if this drug is really a good fit for me? But my kidney is GRATEFUL.

July 12, 2009 3:54 PM

I only had to take this once a day for about 7 days. It is expensive but most insurances cover it. It really made a significant difference in just a few days. I loved this because I have trouble remembering to take medication more then once a day.

July 2, 2009 5:13 PM

Levaquin started relieving symptoms in about three days, but developed terrible red, itchy skin rash after a morning outside. The rash covered me head to toe within two days with little red spots that then blistered and peeled. It was very uncomfortable and over the counter ointments didn't ease it.

June 2, 2009 11:10 PM

The infection was eased almost immediately, however by midtreatment I was very jittery and broke out with a hot, hive-like rash that was so miserable that no lotion would relieve,but it was the lesser of two evils to get over the kidney infection. I had to skip the last dose in order to function at work mentally and my body is still very sore. Could tolerate absolutely NO SUN!

July 5, 2008 11:06 AM

After two days I started to feel better. The pain in my kidney caused by the infection decreased and disappeared after two days. It is very important that you take the pill at the same time each day and I was late a couple hours, a couple times. Overall it worked well for me, with no side effects.

June 29, 2008 11:08 PM