User Reviews for Altavera

Learn more about Altavera.

Birth Control 2 reviews 224 medications

7.5
Summary of Altavera reviews 2 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Altavera

Review by Roxy86:

For Birth Control: I just switched to Altavera after trying other pills for the past year and suffering from weird side effects from each. I will say that for me, this has by far been the best one and I wanted to write a review because I've seen so many bad reviews about this pill. I previously tried Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo, Yaz, and Lo Loestrine FE. I believe I have symptoms of PMDD so I wanted a pill that will help with that. This is the end of my first month but so far I have had no breakthrough bleeding at all, my face is slowly clearing up, and my hormones are much more even (no more sobbing over little things). My period was on time and normal for what I was experiencing prior to birth control. I did notice headaches but so far so good! Hopefully this helps.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2013 7:28 PM

Review by Schlee:

For Birth Control: I've taken birth control since I was 15, I am now 24. I used to get horrible migraine headaches around my menstrual cycle so I was put on continuous birth control. This has really made a huge difference for me! Instead of having a monthly period, I have a period 4x a year, every 3 months. I do believe birth control has been a contributing factor to my weight gain however. I don't have any crazy cramps or horrific mood swings. Currently I am taking Altavera.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2013 11:51 AM

More about Altavera (ethinyl estradiol / levonorgestrel)

Professional resources