User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 347 reviews 255 medications

7.3
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 347 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I've been on the pill for 6 years. I no longer get my period. When I get off to give my body a break I get my period for 3 days light. I do experience headaches when stressed and excessive discharge as a side effect. My blood pressure is always a little higher than normal. I love the pill and recommend it."

Carmen de Miami June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I got this medicine in early January, it is now almost July. I LOVE IT. I am a migraine sufferer and have seizures, it was super hard to get me a birth control that I like (I've tried 7 other types). I wasn't allowed to have certain types due to the seizures so they were limited. I didn't hear about Lo Loestrin Fe until I made my first appointment with an GYN. Now that I'm on it, no sore boobs, no moodiness, no weight gain, no acne. I got my period for the first time today (which is why I was researching if that happened to anybody else) but its really light and seems like nothing to worry about. So I would definitely recommend for anybody like me!"

72727341829008372116234 June 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for treatment of Endometriosis and Adenomyosis for going on 5 months, and I have to say that I am very happy with this pill. After the nightmare experience with my last pill, Seasonique (severe depression, constant bleeding, upset stomach, zero libido) this pill is a Godsend. The first month was, admittedly, rough (as it normally is when switching birth control pills). I had massive mood swings and 1 week of spotting. But since then it has been smooth sailing! The only issue I have is low libido. I'm guessing I'd probably have that problem with any hormonal pill, so I'm making the best of it. But Lo Loestrin Fe helps keep me pain free and has the added bonus of no bleeding! A so far!"

AJC_78 June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience on this BC has been horrible I bleed very heavily before I get on placebo pills. Horrible cramping, hot flashes, mood swings. I got on this pill to make my periods lighter but this pill made them 1000x worst. Definatley switching."

Tam tam June 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 6 months now for birth control and heavy periods. It first took a little bit to regulate and so the second month my period was two weeks long, but it was extremely light. I went from bleeding for 7 days straight through tampons and pads every few hours to being able to wear a pantiliner and change it mid day without worrying about bleeding through. My periods only last 3 days now and I have little cramping. I have experienced mood swings the first week I start a new month of medication and my boobs have increased in size and one is slightly larger than the other. I have had some cramping throughout the month and missed my period the 4th month. I was scared I was pregnant but other women have experienced the same issue. I've had few issues."

Foxxy June 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control pill has me constantly on my period. I was on my period for 35 days straight when I first started taking it. I've been taking it for almost 4 months and I've been on my period for at least half of the time. Absolutely horrible since I am a newlywed."

need2comment (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2015

For Birth Control "Best I ever had!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I was prescribed this birth control b/c of my ovary cyst. I've had unprotected sex after the birth control & I've not gotten my period. I'm actually a week late. Not really worried b/c I took a pregnancy test at the hospital 4 days before my period was due & it came out negative. A lot of reviews says they never got their period so that gives me hope. Besides that my breast have grew & are very sore. & I have bad acne. On top of that, I've been eating A LOT. I haven't spotted but have had unusual brown discharge. Symptoms are really weird."

ADeanea June 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I have never been on birth control before. I've only hear about terrifying stories from my friends on how birth control makes them fat and get pimples ! So I was a little afraid to get on the pill but I knew I needed it. I explained to my doctor my worries so she then prescribed me Lo loestrin Fe. I have been on this pill for 4 months now and the only side affect I have experienced is being short tempered. Other than that this pill is amazing. My face is clear of blemishes, I don't get my period and if I do it only last for 3 days and hardly anything comes out. This is coming from someone who couldn't go on with everyday activities when I used to get my period. This pill is great and I'd definitely recommend it"

Marie Sinclair June 6, 2015

For Birth Control "Former BC pill hater here. Other brands gave me massive mood swings. On Yaz and Apri I was basically Jason Voorhees. Swore I'd never take BC again, but now in my 20s, irregular periods and recurrent ovarian cysts forced my hand. Bottom line: I LOVE this pill!! Cons: Sensitive breasts. Pros: Greatly improved mood; I feel like I'm always having a good day. NO mood swings. Minimal cramps, light periods, fuller breasts, skin is great, can't stay away from my husband, and condoms are out of here. Doesn't get better than this. If you're on the fence, or sensitive to hormones like me, this may be your good stuff. I'm glad I didn't listen to anyone else and just tried it for myself."

Em Cherie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the first time I've been on BC, and so far things are going pretty well. It's been 2 months and have had 3 periods (although I was told to start my first pack the day I started my period, so perhaps that one doesn't completely count). Each period has been lighter and shorter than they were before, with some cramping but nothing terrible. I had mentally prepared myself for moodiness, but I haven't noticed any difference there. No acne, no headaches. The 1st month was completely symptom free, but the 2nd month has brought some bloating, indigestion, and nausea. I have found, however, that keeping my blood sugar at a normal level keeps the nausea at bay. Plan to stay on it for now and see how the 3rd month goes."

ThinkImAFan June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this bc for a few years now. Other pills made me really sick so I was excited to find a pill that worked. My boobs got ginormous (one more than the other haha) but that goes away after a while. When I started I would always get my period in the middle of the pack... I tried stopping the pills and restarting to get the period at the right time but nope it stayed in the middle. I do have to say it was really really light and maybe two days max. No cramping whatsoever. I was such a happy camper bc without bc I'd feel like I was gonna pass out from the pain. So after a year or so my periods completely stopped. That was alarming at first and I kept taking tests too make sure I wasn't pregnant. I don't worry any more."

No period (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this for 4 months. First month I had a little neausea and I got my period twice in the first 3 weeks each time lasting about 4 days. After that it went straight to a normal cycle. I went from soaking through 4-5 pads a day on my heaviest days to just some brown discharge. No weight gain but I'm having a little harder time taking weight off (maybe in mh head?) Sex drive is down a little, but its a small price to pay to not act like a crazy woman! Even my husband says he can't believe the difference in my moods. (In a good way!) My face cleared up, and minimal period! Working wonders for me!"

tara c June 1, 2015

For Birth Control "The only thing I have to complain about is that I've had breakthrough bleeding since the very first month which my doctor told me is a sign that I need a higher hormone count which is why she's switching me to the generic version of Minastrin 24 Fe (Junel Fe 1/20) to see if it helps. What I did like about Lo Loestrin Fe is that it eventually turned my periods from 5 medium/heavy days to about 2 fairly light days."

Anonymous May 29, 2015

For Birth Control "Have only been on the pill for two weeks and I'm already wanting to switch. It feels like I'm battling depression all over again. All I want to do is lay in bed and cry. My boobs have gotten smaller. I have hot flashes, I sweat like a bloody animal, I'm dizzy, have completely lost my appetite. I'm nauseous every time I make myself eat. I have been bleeding for 14 days straight, and it looks like it's not going to stop. My eyes won't stop itching, my stomach is always upset. This pill is no good. But hey my skin is perfect. So worth right? No. I miss condoms."

Imsadhelpme (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I totally hate this Birth Control. I have had so many symptoms/side effects. First I had extreme stiffness in my neck. Then extreme bloating in my lower stomach. I am constantly constipated and my stool is extremely hard. I have extreme shortness of breath that comes and goes. I went from having a normal cycle for 5-7 days to maybe having a 2 day cycle. To me I feel like that is not good and feel like my body is not getting the cleanse it needs. My boobs are HUGE and painful. My husband can't even touch on them without me getting extremely irritated. I am constantly tired and we have no sex life anymore. I have no sex drive. And now I have been bleeding for over a week and now even on my 4th week. I am done with this."

Anonymous May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I just started my third pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and so far I like this pill. I have been having a menstrual cycle since age 11, so I am ecstatic to have not seen a cycle in two months. There has been no spotting at all. During my first pack,there was very light spotting my second week and then nothing. The down side thus far is that my libido has dropped and I don't orgasm as easily. Also , I find that my body is extra tender to touch, especially my breasts."

Blissmiss38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on it bc for 3 months now , it seems like this Brown discharge never goes away , I get my period on time but its longer than the regular 5 days . Not sure if I should switch birth control or just keep taking it . Help ????"

teara huges (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2015

For Birth Control "This is only my second month on Lolo, but so far so good. Usually by this time on other birth controls I have had debilitating migraines and cramps. Where as on Lolo I have had one headache, and one five minute cramping session both on the same day. Definitely experienced a few mood swings and the tender boobs though (to the point of my bra even hurting them, which sucked but only lasted about a week) Usually have a one or two day periods, with mediumish flow and no cramps (so only on Lolo to prevent little mes!) The only downside I see with it is that my period did not show up at all this month. Needless to say I was scared until consulting Google and reading some other gals experiences! Overall impressed with Lolo though (:"

--kp. May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my first BC. For about the next 3-4 months, I had irregular periods with spotting here and there. This month, I totally skipped my period, as of right now I'm 17 days late. Took a test and it came back negative, so I can attest to the missed period thing - don't be too stressed when/if it happens (if you take your pills correctly)! First couple months I cried a lot and had terribly sore boobs. They also grew from a 32B to a 32D though, so I'm not mad. NO nausea at all. A few migraines. I'm not pregnant and we use withdrawal and never use condoms, so this pill is extremely effective and gives me that extra assurance for the lowest estrogen count. I'm a fan! 9/10 because of the scary missed period thing."

Em10 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost a month and this is the first birth control I've ever taken. My periods always came the same time for about 5 days once a month but now that I'm on this pill I've had my period for almost 9 days and still heavy bleeding not to mention I shouldn't be starting my actual peroid for another week or two. But I do have to say my face is really clear though I usually don't break out that bad anyways. Also haven't noticed any weight gain yet. My sex drive is still very high but I can't do anything about it when I'm continuously bleeding all the time. "

idekmarymichael May 19, 2015

For Birth Control "So I've been on Lo LoesteinFe since Nov 2014 now and I've been liking it so far, I was afraid to breakout since I always had very clear skin all of my life . The good thing is my skin is still very clear and I haven't gained a drastic amount of weight even though I don't eat right most of the time so that's good . (But I recommend to exercise and eat right while your on it ). The only downside is that I've been feeling mood swings and depressed while still on this pill and I've only felt this change just this month . Because I'm normally very upbeat and stress free . But other then that I recommend it for not worrying about breaking out or gaining much weight ."

Carmonab May 17, 2015

For Birth Control "My experience with this birth control was HORRIBLE! It was the first one I've ever taken. My periods were every 3.5 weeks for four days, light, rarely ever cramped, and never really moody. I got on the birth control for birth control that's it. I told my doctor that and she prescribed this. My moods were insane! The slightest thing would set me off and I'd go through about 20 moods in 10min. My periods were no longer normal. I bled for two weeks every two weeks for the first 6 months. I called my doctor's office every couple weeks but they continued to tell me keep taking it. At about month 7 my period regulated then by month 9 I wasn't even having periods. The crazy moods never stopped and the cramps were horrible. I recently switched bc."

courtney1814 May 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I like the pill for the light and short periods and for the obvious, not getting me pregnant. I have a slight problem. For the past few months I've been getting a period every two weeks. It's annoying and I am thinking it has to do with the low dose. Anyone else have this problem or is it just me? p.s. I've been on the pill for about 9 months."

liv9888 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this for 2 weeks now and no side effects thus far (except for possible bloating...can't really tell if it is related yet). I was previously on NuvaRing which gave me a yeast infection and on Ortho TriCyclen/Ortho TriCyclen Lo many years ago and experienced morning nausea and severe mood swings constantly. Thus, loving it so far!"

samsara (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2015