User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 524 reviews 271 medications

6.8
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 524 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I have been through two of these packs, and so far my body is very happy on this pill! I haven't had any experience with an initial breakout phase or breakthrough bleeding. I had some spotting initially, but my body seems to have synced up to this medication rather nicely! No change in sex drive or weird emotional mood swings! Love this BC!"

CB123 February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Lolo in September and have been on it for 5 months now. Since I have started taking Lolo I have gained 18 pounds and can not for the life of me seem to lose any weight (I work out 5 days a week and maintain a raw vegan diet). I have been the most emotional I have ever been, I cry all the time and get very anxious. I have absolutely no sex drive (when I went off birth control from January to August last year it was much higher). I also get violently ill every time I drink alcohol (even just a glass of wine). I first thought this was because I might be allergic to alcohol but when I went off birth control I would never get ill and my hangovers were non-existant. Everyone varies on it but my experience has not been so pleasant"

MichelleTM January 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I never write reviews but figured this might help someone out. I HATED Lo loestrin fe . It made me super depressed and I gained 15 pounds on it . Not to mention I bled for two weeks straight during the second month of taking it. After I got off this pill I felt so much better.. This pill really was awful and messed with me more than a higher dose estrogen pill, would never recommend this"

Afffffffffffff January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I began taking this pill in August 2015. I have since gained 15 pounds that I can not get rid of and for the past two months, I've had two periods a month. Needless to say, I called my doctor and asked to change. This pill was the worst I've ever taken."

Frustrated 40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I came on here to write a good review because I feel like people are so quick to put their opinions out if a medication is bad way before if it is good for them! With that being said, if you are on here because you just started taking this medicine or just prescribed it and haven't started it, its sooo important to remember YOUR body isn't like another woman's, birth control effects everyone different so don't let some of these scary/bad reviews scare you( you'll find them under every type of BC review). What may be great for you, might be horrible for someone else. This is great for me!"

Anonymous January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "This is my first birth control. Before I started taking Lo Lo I had heavy periods and really bad cramps, so bad I had to leave school sometimes. Lo Lo has changed that for the better though! I no longer have cramps and I either don't have my period or it last for only one day. This pill is like a little miracle! Love it! Only problem I have had with it was when I got off an antibiotic I had small cramps for the 1st month back on."

DeaDea (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I tried a low-dose generic for a few months and it made me feel crazy. I switched to name brand Lo Loestrin 3 months ago, and so far I love it! I've heard from several pharmacists that the ingredients are better quality when you do name brand. No breakthrough bleeding, period is very light when I take the placebo week, and so far, no weight gain! I have a bit of bloating, but nothing I can't control by staying hydrated and somewhat active :) The best part is that my sex drive has been THROUGH THE ROOF. Like, better than it was before starting the birth control! I love it. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to help my ovarian cysts too much :/ I'm really hoping that I don't have to switch again. But overall, I love this bc!"

Ashley S. January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this for 3 years. I do not get a period, which is wonderful. I do still experience slight mood swings and some hormonal acne."

Anonymous January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm only giving lolo a 4/10 because it's "low hormone" and I feel ok about taking it but oh my god my experience has been terrible. My doctor ended up giving me a years supply do to certain circumstances so I figured I had to just keep taking it and hope it gets better but ever since I started its just been the worst. I've been on it for about 7 to 8 months now and I still get 4-5 days of break through bleeding in between actual period days. Pretty sure it's made me gain a fair bit of weight, I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm constantly nauseous, there are times more often now where I have no appetite, everything I eat hurts my stomach and will cause diarrhea. Im going off of it because I can't remember the last time I actually felt OK."

Luna1993 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This BC pill is not for me. I have bled everyday since starting this pill and have had anxiety attacks (which I have never experienced before)."

jw96 January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "Truly exceptional pill! I've been on it for almost a year. At first I had a little breakthrough bleeding, buts that's the only adverse side effect I've encountered. My boobs went from an A to a C, I have no cramping, really light periods that last 2-3 days, and I've had no weight gain. Would recommend to anyone!"

lex0092 January 20, 2016

For Birth Control "At first this was a really good experience, I have been on 2 different generic birth controls previously starting when I was 15 for regulating my period (I'm 21 now) and when I started Lo Lo it only took a month to regulate, and my periods only lasted 3 days. I had little negative change in mood swings and sex drive was average. But after a few months I started getting terrible vaginal dryness making sex uncomfortable. And after EVERY period then on I got a mild yeast infection. I was getting one every single month after only experiencing one before in my whole life. I knew it was the LO Lo. My gyno said it was probably not the Bc but I switched and after 2 months on the new stuff I was no longer getting yeast infections. Wouldn't recommend."

Laur11111 January 18, 2016

For Birth Control "Took LoLo FE for 4 months for heavy bleeding from a fibroid & it was my first BC ever at 28. Never missed a pill. The 1st month placebo left me w/ the heaviest flooding from a period I had ever experienced. Bled through 2 super tampons & overnight pads in about an hour, but I wanted to give the pills 3 months so I continued. The heavy flooding, lots of big clots, lasting 8ish days periods continued every month then in the middle of the 3rd month I had breakthrough bleeding 2 weeks before my period that never stopped. By the middle of my 4th pack I'd had enough, since it was just making my periods worse. No other bad side-effects but havent seen any other reviews like this. Switched to a POP last month going better so far."

jmb86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Please note this is the only birth control pill I have taken. I started this pill due to periods that lasted two weeks out of the month and resulted in terrible migraines and anemia. Due to the fact that I started this pill at 15 years of age, I'm not sure if it has impacted my mood. Though when I took a year break, my hormones were completely off balanced - which is what led to me to return to the pill. After a year of use, this pill made my periods non-existent. I was told not to worry about this since it's a normal thing for women on this pill to experience if they're in a lower weight range. I gained perhaps 5-15 lbs on this pill but that also could've just been from growing (I've been on it for years)."

Long Time User January 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Loved this birth control. Didn't have mood swings or gain weight. Also didn't have a period except for an exceptionally light one every 4 months or so, which was great in my opinion. Only reason I had to stop was because my stupid work switched insurance companies and the new one didn't cover this."

oihjasdfl January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control, and on the 8th day I had a anxiety attack (something I have never had or experienced in my life) However I was under a lot of stress so that could of been the reason to. Since you start this pill on the first day of your period, my bleeding lasted 10 days. Once I got into the second month, on the 3rd row (only 3 weeks later) I got another period that also lasted about 10-11 days. In my third pack i got my period 36 days later , and I've been bleeding for 16 days straight, the bleeding just never stopped I ended up having to contact my gyno to switch to another pill. Also had acne which was new to me. Only good thing was no weight gain."

-- (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I give it a 2 instead of a 0 only because I didn't get pregnant. I was on this pill for 4 months. I had my period for 17-22 days of every month I was on it. My boobs were significantly bigger and I put on about 15lbs. I was moody, bloated and irritable. Wouldn't recommend."

Ayejay January 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Having tried 8 different pills, plus Implanon (implant), I can finally say I found a pill that works for me. It's changed my life. Sounds dramatic but it's true - before, no matter which pill, I was experiencing excruciating cramps, back aches, mood swings and very heavy bleeding for at least 6 days. Lo Lo Estrin Fe has changed all that. I don't have a period at all which doesn't worry me. I'm happy not to go through that pain every month. Now I have a few small signals that I would normally be having my period (slight back ache, slightly more emotional) Overall I'm really happy with it. I think it's down to the dosage level - the very low amount of estrogen works really well for me. 2 years and counting!"

charly804 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Be careful when you take this! The first time I popped a blue pill, my tongue felt itchy and tingled. I thought nothing of it. Gradually, I had noticed that my reproductive organs were acting up, but I thought it would just go away. It got to the point where they were so sore, I couldn't use tampons without being in constant pain. (Not to mention I had a strange clear discharge that would soak through the tampon leaking through my pants and staining the chair at work... That was fun. My gyno didn't know what it was, which was comforting.) 3 months into it and with the mentality that everything would just go away with continued use, I broke into hives everywhere on my body: inside my ears, all over my tongue, everywhere you can think of."

aherne (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

For Birth Control "Started Lo Lo Estrin Fe 30 days ago as a method of BC due to a trip I'm taking to visit my boyfriend overseas coming up a month from now. Seeing as condoms irritate my body so much & completely dry me out, a BC pill seemed like a great option until I can come home & get the non-hormonal IUD. The break through bleeding on Lo Lo has legitimately been non-stop since about 3 days into the 1st pack; not the extreme period blood I would normally get, but upon wiping when I pee, the paper is always has some sort of dried blood on it. This continued right up until my placebo pills which I just started taking. Cramps all month, irritable as can be, feel a little bit more bloated than normal, but haven't weighed myself."

MelanieMelanie January 10, 2016

For Birth Control "pretty radicle pill - my boobs went from an A to a DD no weight gain and I seem to be a lot happier now I love this pill!!"

Bcuser101 January 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm taking these pills for almost 2 months and I have spotting almost non-stop. Other than that no side effects. I will stop taking LoLo if my spotting will not stop by the end of second pack"

Olgushka (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Taking my 14th pill today. No side effects so far!"

Freda53 January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill changed my life! I suffered from such bad cramps before that I would be throwing up nonstop for hours. I now barely have to take advil when I get my period, my periods only last 4 days too. I do not break out, no mood swings also! I did gain a slight amount of weight but nothing too big. Love it! Going on year 2 now of being on LoLo!"

Lannahhhhhhhhhhh January 7, 2016

For Birth Control "This was my first experience with birth control and I hate it. This pill made my periods even more irregular than they were prior to taking this pill. I've been on this pill for almost 9 months and not once has my period came on time. It is so stressful because I honestly never know when my period is going to come. I gained 4 pounds and I have crazy weird dreams overnight."

jhrgfyuewgyew January 6, 2016