User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 243 reviews 224 medications

Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 243 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Review by marley1989:

For Birth Control: Some background: I am 25, have never been on birth control and have regular periods. I'm on my 5th pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and so far am pretty pleased with it other than a few annoying things. I did experience some spotting in the very beginning, and when I started my 4th pack I got my period 2 weeks early which was surprising since I'm so used to having a regular period. I also seem to get a mild yeast infection around the time of my period which, as you can imagine, is awful. I don't really want to stop taking this pill because my skin has cleared up and I haven't gained any weight. Just dealing with the yeast with probiotics/yogurt and hopefully it'll all balance out. If not I'm just going to stop taking it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by Brenna C:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 3 months now and I am really considering changing it. I have a really weird period side effect where it changes the color of my period & it makes it come early or late & it always makes me scared that I'm pregnant. Plus I can never loose weight being on this pill. Lastly, the pill makes me very moody as well. I am going to talk to my doctor about it at the end of the month.

August 15, 2014 1:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I took Lo Loestrin Fe for 9 months. It was the first contraceptive I had taken but my body had a hard time getting used to it. I broke out in mild hives, I had muscle aches, nausea, mood swings the first week. After that things pretty well smoothed out slowly I didn't break through bleed, didn't gain weight, acne cleared up maybe 5 periods the whole time I took it. It definitely helped with cramps and pain, which is why I began taking it. Though it worked good after about 5 months of taking it I began getting migraines and feeling tired all the time and cramping a little more so I'm switching off it, but it was good for me for a while I really liked it!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2014 12:07 AM

Review by Nicolemichelle:

For Birth Control: Very fast weight gain. I have been on these pills about two months now and have gained 15lbs

August 14, 2014 10:13 PM

Review by Periodless (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: Overall, this is a great pill. I love that I am not putting nearly as many hormones into my body as other brands. However, there are some side effects that I've experienced. The first month was miserable for me. I had terrible mood swings as my body adjusted to the hormones. However, after the first month my mood and acne regulated. Like many other people who reviewed here, I did experience periods (almost constant) every other week for the first 4 months on the pill, but my cramps were nonexistent. With each month my period lightened and I haven't had a period (minus spotting) for 2 months now. Overall, this pill is great, but if you like a regular period to reassure yourself, try a different pill. My advice- wait it out!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 2:14 PM

Review by anna g (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for almost a year now. I really haven't had very many side effects with it. The one thing that's been a major problem is inconsistency with my periods, which was a problem before I started taking birth control too. There have been months when I haven't had a period at all, and others when I've had a period as well as breakthrough bleeding mid-month. I'm switching to a pill with a little bit more estrogen in it to see if that will regulate my period better. I haven't missed any pills, and I take them within two hours of one another everyday. I was initially really worried about nausea being an issue, so I take them at night - but I've had no problems. I did have some breast tenderness for the first few months, but it's gone now.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 4:30 PM

Review by Acai berry (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control I have been on, and after hearing all the birth control horror stories that friends/family had, I'm happy to say that my experience with this pill so far has been a good one! The first month or two I did experience some acne and occasional nausea, as well as going from a B to C cup (a welcome change.) However none of the symptoms have been any worse than symptoms of a period. My period lightened soon after beginning the pill packs and I stopped getting my period alltogether about 6 months after starting the pills, which (my Obgyn told me early on) was to be expected. My insurance also completely covers this pill, so that's definitely a plus!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 9:14 AM

Review by ChrissyGazerock (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: This pill worked very well for me. I have been taking it for over 2 years for my horrible menstrual cramps and I love it. I am a very petite 95 pound, 19 year old girl and this has not caused any side effects for me at all. I had no weight gain although I went from a B cup to a C cup, but that I didn't mind. Overall, very good birth control, definitely would recommend it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2014 5:46 AM

Review by Nickster18:

For Birth Control: I have only been on this pill for a week, however I already want to switch. I had acne problems before this pill and I thought by going on this I could kill to birds with one stone; clear up my acne and prevent pregnancy. But I cannot wait for this pack to be over so I can switch. Within the first day my acne got 10x worse and it's only been a week but it's worse than it's ever been in the last year! I don't even want to look in the mirror. I haven't noticed any other side effects yet but I won't be surprised if there's more negative ones to come.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 11:33 PM

Review by Disappointed..... (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My first three months on this pill were like a DREAM. I switched to it from Orsythia (which I had been taking for 3 years) because I was having painful periods and my sex drive was gone. This pill completely stopped my period with NO spotting or anything, and never any cramps. No acne, no mood changes. My breasts even grew. I was so happy. Now I am on month 4 and it is hell. I'm having migraines and nausea all day, and bad mood swings. I am stopping this pill and going back to my OB.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by KenzoPage:

For Birth Control: So the first time I was on the pill, I was put on Beyaz. Beyaz made me gain about 15 Ibs. It made me crazy with mood swings. I got off of it within 6 months. After that I would go back and forth on whether to get back on birth control. So about a month and a half ago, I decided to go to the doctor for a check up. I told my doctor about my experience with Beyaz. He told me that he had the perfect birth control for me, Lo Loestrin Fe. I was scared to take it but it was worth a shot. If anything this birth control has made my weight stick. I have had NO mood swings. No weight gain. The only symptoms I've had was going from a C cup to a D cup, and breast tenderness near my period, which is overall normal for me. This is the best birth control by far.

July 17, 2014 6:43 PM

Review by TT47 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for over a year and overall I had a really positive experience with it. I didn't experience any mood swings, had little to mild acne around my period, never experienced any pregnancy scares, and had no nausea, headaches or weight gain. The only problem I experienced with it, and ultimately had to switch birth control because of it was the fact that I would throw up for hours whenever I consumed ANY amount of alcohol. To make sure it was the birth control, I stopped taking it and after 4 or so months I was able to drink again without any problems. Though I feel this is very rare situation, overall I believe this birth control was great.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 12:46 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about a year now. Its horrible I have gained about 40 lbs almost 5 lbs a month. I'm even eating less than I did before taking this.

June 30, 2014 10:10 PM

Review by honeybooboo1212:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for almost three months now and I love it. After my first birth control experience I was terrified to use birth control ever again. However, I'd rather take the risk instead of becoming pregnant so I tried it again. The first month was horrible, with minor breakouts and bad mood swings, but I have adjusted now. You must wait out the first month or two to be adjusted. After that, it's smooth sailing. I don't have any breakouts, my sex drive is normal, and I haven't gained any weight. I still get moody every once in a while, which is bearable. Overall a very good birth control. But EXPENSIVE without insurance!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 26, 2014 1:40 AM

Review by Katie92:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill over 2 years now, and I love it. This summer and last summer I had some random cystic acne though I am not sure it is related to the pill because other times my skin is perfectly clear. No weight change. Only problem is I haven't had a period in the 2 years I've taken this, not even spotting. My doctor says not to worry about it but I am considering switching because of it.

June 25, 2014 9:20 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 3 years. I got on it because I've had horrible cramps, and heavy bleeding on my period. I only have a period for 2 days, I get mild cramps now. The only side effect I had other than the period was that I had gained a few pounds. I would recommend this pill to anyone.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by Duckie33 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I just switched to this from Loestrin 1/20 and I am happy I did. Loestrin 1/20 had me crazy moody, bad acne, and melasma on my face. Once I switched to Lo Loestrin Fe no more crazy mood, acne is pretty much gone. Just a few here and there but that's normal for me. Period is pretty normal with only spotting on the last week. As for the Melasma, It stopped spreading but I am now seeing a dermatologist to fix it. My only downside with Lo Loestrin Fe is that I have noticed my hair falling out a little bit more than usual but I hope it is one thing that will subside as I keep taking it. Price wise it is reasonable. My insurance doesn't cover so I'm suppose to pay $50 but with my coupon card I only pay $25. Overall I am happy with Lo Loestrin Fe

June 21, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by NatalieALA (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've just hit the 1 year mark on taking this and I have to say it's been a positive experience. Before taking this I hadn't had a period for over 10 months. During my first month, on the exact day it was supposed to start, I finally got my period. Since then, my periods have only gotten lighter and lighter. Now I spot for 1 maybe 2 days a month on the white/brown colored pills. The only other times I spot are if I'm careless about taking it at the same time every day. I have noticed a decrease in migraines (I didn't get them that often, but still), slight increase in breast size, no weight change, and not really any change in acne. The only downside is that I'm a little more emotional about silly things I wouldn't normally be.

June 17, 2014 11:05 PM

Review by berries22:

For Birth Control: I took this pill for 8 months and had zero side effects except no period. I stopped taking birth control for 4 months then started again with same pill. Have been taking for 4 months now. First two months I broke out a little and didn't get my period. Third month had very little spotting for 4 days, and I'm about to end the fourth pack. I've had very minor side effects. I personally enjoy not having a period to worry about every month, instead just light spotting every 2-3 months. I haven't broken out since the 2nd month, I guess my body was getting used to the birth control.

June 6, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by frustrating (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Been on this for a little over a week. The headache started the day after taking it. I started breaking out 2 days after taking the pills. I'm tired and cranky. Waiting from the doctor to call.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Review by Emliz (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have been on 6 different birth controls from the shot, to different pills and have always had bad side effects. I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for a month now and I love it! My hormones are balanced out, no mood swings, no depression, no weight gain, nothing. I think I'm actually losing weight, and I feel great. The only down fall is I have been spotting a little bit, and my breasts are tender/ my mood is a little off the week before my period. Other than that no complaints! If you have has trouble with birth control like me, I advise you to try this. I have gotten severe depression, weight gain and everything else from other birth controls. If you get a green card from plan parenthood this pill is free!

June 3, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by Aniqueone:

For Birth Control: Honestly I LOVE this birth control! I am very sensitive to birth control and this is the first one that has helped me. First off for anyone who doesn't have insurance GO TO THE WEBSITE! There is a discount card there that you can sign up for that works for 12 scripts. My monthly script is $30 now. First off my periods were AWFUL. I had cramps so bad. This has increased my breast size by a cup, cleared up my acne, haven't gained any weight (I am a very healthy eater although) my periods are light maybe lasting 3 days my cramps are very mild if any (Aleve liquid gels are the best). Be sure you take this at the SAME TIME everyday! Stay safe and healthy!

May 25, 2014 1:50 AM

Review by JezDrag (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on this BC for three and a half years now and it's been amazing. I was on two other types of birth control before, nuva ring and another oral pill that drove me crazy, nausea, crazy mood swings, cramps, heavy periods, the works. It made me never want to go on BC again but I'm so glad I gave it a second chance. With Lo Loestrin Fe I haven't had any period, cramps, back ache, mood swings, decrease in sex drive, weight gain, or acne. The only problem I've had is that it seems to lessen my appetite so I try to make sure I eat before taking it otherwise I forget. At first I was concerned that I wasn't getting my period but I talked to my Doctor and he said it was fine as long as I was comfortable with not having one.

May 21, 2014 4:02 AM

Review by Sam W:

For Birth Control: Lo Loestrin Fe works really well for me. I went on this birth control because I had a very irregular period and terrible cramps. Sometimes I would skip months and sometimes I'd get it twice in one month. I'd have to use a heating pad and even that didn't help very much. It was a mess. I've been on Lo Loestrin Fe for almost two years now. No period to speak of and no cramps. I had a very light period for the first few months I started until it eventually disappeared completely. I have no bad symptoms. No acne or mood swings. My only complaint is that my sex drive is DEAD when I used to have quite the active libido, which is the only reason I'm thinking of switching birth controls.

May 13, 2014 10:43 PM

Review by Hate it (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was on this medication for having my period non stop for 6 months. IT MADE ME BLEED MORE! I became anemic. I stopped after 1 month. It made me emotional and I gained about 10 pounds.

May 12, 2014 5:09 PM