User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 612 reviews 275 medications

6.5
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 612 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for four months. A week after I started it, I noticed my hair was significantly thinner than normal. The hair loss kept getting worse over the next few months, which is terrifying, I can assure you. I quickly fell into a black hole of depression, which I had never had problems with before. I also had no libido and horrible dryness, to the point that it hurt to even touch my labia. I also gained weight in weird places and had the "pregnant woman body." I quit the pill two weeks ago and it's like a black cloud has been lifted off me. I'm crying reading these reviews because it's such a relief to know I'm not crazy. If you're on this pill, just watch out for the side effects and know it's not you, it's the pill."

DagnyErin April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I wouldn't recommend this BC. It made me feel like I was in my first trimester of pregnancy again....nauseated, exhausted, aversion to food, etc. On top of that, towards the end of the first month, I ended up with major depression from this pill. Not to mention the spotting. I really wanted to give my body the full 3 months to adjust to this pill, but I couldn't do it. I hope people have better luck than me, but if you have the same experience, I'd say get off Lolo ASAP."

Cangal868 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "While this was an effective contraceptive, the negative side effects were beyond unbearable. Within the first week, I experienced the most horrible cystic acne break out of my life. The progesterin in this pill is androgen based, which is found to increase acne. Additionally, my mood swings were wild, and I found myself feeling incredibly depressed. I would cry for literally no reason. This birth control ruined my skin. I switched to a different BC, and since then my skin and mood have improved exponentially."

Idkhannah April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I got on lo loestrin just to try it I been on it for 8 months now and put on 30 pounds. I been running 6 miles a day to lose the weight with no luck and eating extremely healthy. I cry every day, I feel nauseous, I don't know what to do because I want to get off of it but im scared about acne and the heavy periods. I'm extremely depressed that I want to kill myself now when I used to be a happy person. I don't know how much longer I can live like this"

Samantha11 April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this birth control pill as my first time trying BC. I really loved it. It didn't affect my libido at all, I didn't have any nausea. Basically, it gave me no side effects and no baby! It was really great. Unfortunately, it was being offered at my college for 25 dollars, but it's significantly more expensive out of pocket without the college discount, so I had to switch once my college stopped discounting it. I've switched a few pills since then, but I still haven't found one as good at Lo Loestrin Fe."

hayanmi April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Lo Loestrin when I was in high school (for painful periods) 5 years ago and it was great. My periods got so much lighter and I loved it. I did get nauseous occasionally and sometimes had breakthrough bleeding but nothing too crazy... I could live with it. All of the sudden in the past year and even moreso in the past few months, I have had decreased libido and mood swings. The libido issue is really taking a toll on my relationship so i've decided to switch. I do still recommend this pill though. I overall had a good experience with it, especially for my awful periods."

NotFeelingSexy (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

For Birth Control "So, I'm going to begin with my first birth control... Beyaz. I was taking it for about 6 months until I realized it made me BAT SHIT CRAZY. Other than than I had NO weight gain at all and I felt like my normal self. My doctor switched me to Loestrin so that it would make my mood "better" and it did, I'll give it that. Until one day, I noticed I was feeling a little pudgy... It was about mid October 2015 so I stepped on the scale to see. I WAS RIGHT. I gained 15 pounds in 3 months from 125-140 and when I got off of it, it completely jacked up my already irregular cycle. So here I am, 8 months later, waiting to have another period and still not able to lose the weight. (I just recently began seeing a doctor about these issues)"

_courtknee2 April 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for a little over 3 weeks now and it's absolutely terrible. Let me start off by saying I take it at the exact same time every single day and have never missed a pill so I am using it correctly. The second week in I began bleeding and have been for over 10 days now. Not just a little spotting but full out blood almost like a period And with cramps! My boyfriend noticed I'm moodier. I'm so emotional I can cry at any second over the smallest things and I get headaches all the time. The first week I took the pill I had no appetite and was sweating and hot every second. I know you are supposed to wait 3 months to let your body adjust to the birth control but it is not worth bleeding for over a week and the mood swings."

Anonymous098765 April 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Gave it three months of a shot and endured break through bleeding for nearly two full months. Not worth it. Too low a dose for me, though I'm on the thin side and athletic."

Callawaycadydid April 12, 2016

For Birth Control "Well I was going to write a full out review but apparently there's not even room for that here. So I'll make it short. I am 20 I've been taking this for 8 months. In the beginning all was well, then it made me sick to my stomach everyday. I kept taking this in hopes that it would subside. It did. For the past two months this BC has turned me into the moodiest person I've ever been in my life. I'm rude and I've never been this way. I would NOT recommend this to anyone. It's ruining my 6 year relationship. I can no longer proceed with this medication. DO NOT take."

Daryyaaannn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2016

"I haven't gained weight, or had more breakout, but I have had three one week periods in a months time. I haven't even finished the first pack. And I know things. Take time to get working well, but this is just a bad sign to me"

Anonymous April 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I used this pill for less than 5 full months. The 1st month, I had headaches, breast tenderness and nausea. The 2nd month I spotted for 14 days straight. I even had cramps. I also had nausea and felt really hungry. The 3rd and 4th month were the best! Short periods, almost no cramps. I also had a little acne. The 5th month I started to spot 10 pills in and I haven't stopped since. It's been 9 days. I switched pills 2 days ago and I'm still spotting because of LoLo. It's not a terrible pill but I don't recommend it. Spotting continuously is really not fun and expensive. I'm hopeful my new birth control will get the spotting to stop soon."

Lolo isn't great April 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 6 months and I didn't experience any weight gain. My only issue with this pill is that I get very emotional during the third week of the pill. Doctors recommend taking a B-complex vitamin at the same time. I didn't know this at first but once I started doing this, I noticed a positive change but still had that mood swing in the third week. I would just get a little obsessive and cry easily. Just remember that each pill works differently for everyone. So a pill that makes one person gain weight might make another lose weight."

Unhature April 10, 2016

For Birth Control "My doc gave me the sample pack today he told me out of all the contraception pills this one has very little estrogen which causes the unwanted effects I've been having since getting my iud almost a year ago. I'm looking forward to starting it and getting my iud removed in 2 weeks. For the girls complaining about 10 pound weight gain I don't recommend getting the mirena as in the past year I've gained over 50 pounds :O"

blueberrypom (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

"What people don't realize is that everybody has different reactions to medication. Our bodies are all different, therefore what might cause one person a great deal of sickness may be very beneficial to a other person, it's just a fact of life. Example: I had some of the worst side effects on Depo that nobody could imagine, whereas some girls have no problem with it. Anyways, I've been on Lo Loestrin FE for 5 years now and I love it. My periods have completely stopped and I seldom have breakthrough bleeding (when I do, it's a couple of dots). My boobs went from a 32B to a 32D. I also suffer from depression my entire life and this medicine has had no effect on it either. I won't stop taking LLE:FE for a long time!"

NocturnalMistress April 7, 2016

For Birth Control "Hi. I started to use the lolo pill last year jun 2015. .... it was pretty good till now.no crazy emotions, no change mood. But I'm starting to gain weight after 10 months .. already 10 lbs. And I don't like it. I work out the sane like I did before and I have a healthy diet. So... this pill iys not good !!!"

alitha April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control pill caused me to have multiple blood clots in my lungs!!! Very dangerous!! :( ladies beware!"

Alyssalaplante April 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this pill. I never experience weight gain, acne, spotting nothing. I've been on this pill for a year now and my insurance doesn't cover it. I loved the pill so much I wouldn't switch to a pill that my insurance covered because I'm scared of the side effects I'll get. I sometimes do break down over stupid things but other then that it's an amazing pill."

Cammmyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Started Lo to manage Perimenopause symptoms. At first it made me bleed a lot, gave me terrible cramps and made me cry for two days straight. About one month in my peri symptoms got much better! I feel like myself again. And as of right now I do not have negative side effects."

Danielle P. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2016

For Birth Control "WORST BIRTH CONTROL EVER!! I was taking this pill for a little over a year and yea, I gained about 10 lbs, and had breakouts, but the real issues were that it made me extremely irritable, emotional, as well as depressed, my sex drive became nonexistent, and I was having severe dryness, plus yeast infections. So I guess yes, it completely worked as an effective birth control, because I just didn't want to have sex, plus what boyfriend would want to have sex with their emotionally crazy girlfriend who is dry or having a yeast infection?? Honestly, I've been off of it for 6 months, but I remember even after the first week off, my body was normalizing, and I felt radiant :) STAY AWAY FROM THIS PILL!! You've been warned."

Fabe (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the pill from my family doctor as a sample pack. He said i should try it since i have been having acne problems since i gave birth. First month was fine, on my 2nd pack a week after my period I started bleeding again. I was just on the 4th pill on the first row. The blood was browny in color not the usual red. I am also having hip pains , really bad ones, back pains and breathing problems. At one point I felt like i was having a heart attack. Not sure if it was related to the pill but I didn't have this before. I decided to stop the pill let my extra period finish and I would go back to my old pill."

Foxie18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "This is by far the best pill I have ever tried, and let me tell you, I've tried almost everything out there in the past six years. Alesse was the only one that almost worked for me, and I was on it for two years, but I never really got over the nausea and the mood swings. With Lo Lo, I have not experienced any mood swings, no weight gain, no nausea, no tenderness or pain... Nothing. I even managed to take it continuously not to get my period, which I haven't been able to do with any other pill. I would always end up getting my period, sometimes in the middle of my cycle. I'd always get breakthrough bleeding. This one just works perfectly for me. I'm at four months of use, and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon."

Kathryn Barbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "WORSE BIRTH CONTROL I'VE HAD TO ENDURE. I started this pill in August of 2015 after not having been on the pill for several years. I read that it would give me lighter periods and since it was low-hormone, it wouldn't have many side effects. Do NOT always take what you read as true. The first 3 months I was on this, my face broke out horribly. I never had problems with acne, even in high school. This pill caused me to have severe breakouts on my chin. Not just pimples or a blackhead here or there, severe welt-like acne underneath the skin's surface. To add to that, from August 2015-March 2016 I gained 30 pounds. There has been no significant change in my diet OR activity level. Triphasil-28/Trivora-28 never caused me these problems!!"

Harmony23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "The only reason I got on Lo Loestrine Fe is because my OBGYN said I have PCOS and it help removed the cysts, this is the first bc I've been on in years. I took myself off them because of the crazy cycles, but after having a recent miscarriage and PCOS I needed something to regulate my cycles and remove the cysts, so she prescribed me this. I've been on this pill for two months now and I'm at the end of my second package. The first month I bleed for 7 days one day longer then I usually do with a lot of cramping and clotting. I just chalked it up to the cysts being removed. This month I have extremely tender nipples which is actual normal for me I used to get when I was ovulating, but no cycle yet which worries me a lot. I like having one."

Dee1015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2016

For Birth Control "WORST BIRTH CONTROL. I was on it for a little over a year and just got off of it (thank goodness!!) First 3 months of taking the pill I gained 18 pounds... And my diet and exercise did not change whatsoever. I developed these extremely painful vaginal infections while on this pill and my sex drive dropped significantly. Never suffered with acne, not even during my awkward teen years, but as soon as I started taking this medication I broke out EVERYWHERE... Face & body. But worst of all, this pill made me absolutely PSYCHOTIC. I'm generally a really happy person, but all of a sudden I became EXTREMELY testy, angry, and teary all the time. Even had quite a few gnarly panic attacks. I would never recommend this to anyone..."

LKMrose March 30, 2016