User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 274 reviews 228 medications

7.1
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 274 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Review by Eshe:

For Birth Control: This is the best birth control, I had no side effects. Only switching due to high out of pocket cost. Experienced NO weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. If you can afford the out of pocket cost for this TIER 3 medication then I definitely recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 14, 2015 1:50 PM

Review by CCM14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm almost finishing my second pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and so far not very many problems! The first couple weeks of taking it I had really bad headaches and I've gained maybe 2 lbs, my weight does change from time to time anyway! I've have one period which was very light and haven't had any other side affects! I would recommend Lo Loestrin Fe.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 8:48 PM

Review by Jackie798 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: The best part of taking Lo Loestrin Fe is that I can still have an orgasm! All the other birth control I've ever tried I've hated, because of that and stronger side affects. This pill has worked great for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 2:18 PM

Review by htlagitd:

For Birth Control: I wish my doctor would have told me that one side effect (if you can call it that) is NO PERIOD! I've been panicking thinking I'm pregnant and after reading all the comments, this is totally normal! I've been on it for 3 months now and I love it! Now that I know I'm not pregnant! I still get cramps and bloating, a few break outs, but no other side effects. A bit pricy, &75 for three month supply. Hoping my new insurance will cover some of it though.

January 6, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by Loriiiiii (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been using this birth control for nearly two years now and I really like it! The first month was full of painfully swollen breasts and a lot of emotions (suddenly crying while eating??), but after that short period I haven't had any other side effects! My periods are short and often skipped. This is certainly the best solution that I've tried!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 12:38 PM

Review by samm009:

For Birth Control: I switched to this pill after using Sprintec for years and had instant weight gain. I gained 20 pounds in the first three months. No noticeable changes in mood, sex drive, or acne. My skin stayed very clear. I also stopped having a period completely and although it was wonderful I could not get used to it. The pregnancy panics along with the weight gain forced me to stop taking these pills.

January 3, 2015 7:50 PM

Review by S7 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: This pill is awesome. I've taken it for about 2 and 1/2 years now. No side effects when I first started either. I haven't had a period since but I'm okay with that. I highly recommend this pill to anyone looking for a low dose birth control.

January 2, 2015 9:24 AM

Review by Ire (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started taking this birth control around 6 months ago and I had once a period twice in a month and after that I haven't had a period. I went to the doctor and he did a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I don't have a problem with not having my period but I mean you always get that scary feeling when you don't get your period. I do get migraines but that have been getting better and I personaltly lost weight. Other than that I'm ok with this pill

December 19, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by krisseetina (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I was on this for over two years and loved it! It made my skin look great, my periods were a breeze, if I got one, for prevention it was fabulous. The only reason I was switched off of it is because my insurance changed and no longer covered this, as it's $56.00/mo, it was a little pricey. I've since switched and I've tried two different pills and they're horrible. One gave me horrible acne, the other migraine headaches so horrible if I didn't lay down I felt faint. I'm actually going back to my Dr. and will ask to be put back on this again.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2014 11:40 AM

Review by samss:

For Birth Control: I have been taking for four months. Have not had a period the entire time. No other side effects. Im not concerned im pregnant, so have not taken any tests. I have two children and am not experiencing any pregnancy symptoms. A back up method was used for the first three months

December 10, 2014 7:08 PM

Review by Lysie:

For Birth Control: If you're going to take this medication, I highly recommend you monitor your moods and be honest with yourself if you feel like you're out of control. I have been on this medication for two weeks and have the most turmultous two weeks of my life. Hypersensitivity, crying spells, anger, depression, anxiety- I've been a crazy woman. It only just dawned on me that it has to be the medication. I wish I would have stopped taking it the minute the craziness started, it would have saved me a lot of tears and time!

November 29, 2014 2:07 AM

For Birth Control: Just finished my first pack today and I am really enjoying it! Though I did get more acne than normal since starting, that very well just may be the fact I'm a teenager. Also experienced headaches in the first week or so, but nothing serious. Started on the pills to help with extreme bleeding, cramps and mood swings. So far I'm unsure as to when my period should be starting, but I would have no objections if it didn't come. My weight has gone up slightly, but my weight always fluctuates for unknown reasons. The first pill I have tried and I would recommend it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2014 12:34 AM

Review by Leigh31 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Well after reading the reviews I'm not so worried about the fact that I haven't had my period for 2 months. I've definitely been freaking out and took 5 pregnancy tests in the past 2 months (even though I've only had sex twice, I just had to be sure, lol.) It would have been nice if my doctor would have mentioned that this was one of the side effects instead of me finding it out on my own, after 2 months of a normal cycle. She put me on this pill because I was experiencing daily discharge with the generic Tri-cyclen. That has ceased to be a problem since starting this particular kind of pill. I have not had any negative side effects, other than not having my period (sure it's no picnic but it gives me peace of mind every month).

November 21, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by KseniaZhukov:

For Birth Control: I had great experience over 5 years! No extreme side effects, no weight gain, no acne, just AWESOME!

November 19, 2014 4:18 PM

Review by RachelAndalecia (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been taking Lo Loestrin FE for about 2.5 years now. The first few months were pretty rough, ie. mood swings, weight gain, low sex drive. I was even nauseous and sometimes had two periods in one month. YES, I agree it can be tough to give this one a chance, but I'm glad I did. At this point I have not had a period in months, and all side effects have mellowed. I do get normal PMS symptoms, light cramping and body aches, just no bleeding. No more weight gain or mood swings. I'm glad I stuck it out because it has been the best birth control I've used.

November 17, 2014 1:26 AM

Review by Lm2323 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Lo Loestrin FE for over a year now and I'm happy with the birth control. I didn't gain any weight. I didn't have any negative side effects. It's expensive out of pocket but now my insurance covers it so that's a plus!

November 16, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by Bee_bee:

For Birth Control: I started Lo Loestrin Fe because I was having some irregularities with my period and also to prevent pregnancies. This pill was awful. First of all, I already suffer from acne, which is slowly improving. However, this made my acne really bad and I began to develop cystic acne. I began to get constant awful migraines, and I don't have a history of migraines. I was also getting moody. The pill affects everyone differently. But this pill did not work for me. After suffering a whole month with migraines and cystic acne, I stopped once my pack was done. I considered trying to stick it out, but decided it wasn't worth it.

November 16, 2014 4:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got on the pill in May, I got my period that month but haven't gotten one since. Ive taken pregnancy tests every month and they all come out negative

November 4, 2014 6:03 PM

Review by Cristy040711 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've had a light period ever since I started taking this pill.( I' on my 3rd month) My Dr. told me it would get better but it has not. Maybe the amount of hormone is too low? I'm not happy with it.

October 21, 2014 12:44 PM

Review by Suzie20008:

For Birth Control: Into my second year on this and very pleased. The first two months adjusting were definitely a bit tough: nausea, headache, breast tenderness, bizarre acne. I stuck it out and very glad I did! After those two months, zero side effects. No period, no weight gain, nausea, cramps, or breast tenderness... Nothing! In fact, I'm 37 & I've lost 20 lbs while on it. And most importantly, it's been effective in preventing pregnancy!

October 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Review by Mel03657:

For Birth Control: I'm nearing the end of my 4th month on this pill. It was the first birth control I've been on. Prior to taking this pill I always had acne problems. My first month on Lo Loestrin Fe was absolutely horrible acne-wise. I even developed a large cyst on my forehead (yikes!). It went away in a few weeks. I'd say after the first 2 months my acne was back to normal and now it's beginning to get better. I see a lot of girls talking about how horrible it makes their acne but my dermatologist said give it 6 months and see. Try and wait it out, it will probably get better. I had no side effects aside from the acne. 2 periods last month, but I'm assuming my body is still getting used to it.

October 2, 2014 4:39 PM

Review by aquatic10:

For Birth Control: 48 years old. Was prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe for heavy frequent bleeding. OB told me it might even suppress periods. First cycle, had light discharge for 10 days. Second cycle: nothing, no period! Crossing fingers !

September 30, 2014 8:07 PM

Review by jennymac15:

For Birth Control: I have have been taking Lo Loestrin for 5 months now and only had one short light period, which scares me because I am not used to not having a period. I haven't has any side effects with the birth control. I'm 24 yrs old and about 180lbs, I gain weight very easily with other birth control pills but haven't with Lo Loestrin. I love the pill other than not having a period for 4 months, I'm not sure if that's normal or not, definitely have to speak to the doctor. Lo Loestrin works real well preventing pregnancy, that's the reason I am sticking with it, and plus it doesn't have all these extra hormones like other birth controls.

September 25, 2014 9:07 AM

Review by Anonymous121 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been taking this medication for about a year and a half now. I began taking it because other birth controls made me moody and the obvious fact that I'm not ready to be pregnant yet. This medication definitely makes you nauseous. I feel nauseous nearly every day. I haven't had a period since the first two months that I started the pill. Normally I wouldn't complain about a lack of periods, but other side effects I've had include frequent (I'm talking back to back to back) yeast infections and (TMI) vaginal dryness. Intercourse can be very painful. I'm switching off of this medication as I have tried everything to no avail. Being on birth control seems pointless if I can't even have sex.

September 24, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by allim (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I never had a bad experience with this pill. I freaked out when I first started taking it because I didn't have a period. But I fell in love with it. I don't have periods. I don't get any weight gain or mood swings. I have been on this pill for about 4years now. It does take a bit for your both do get use to a pill. So don't hate it. It will take a month to a few. I haven't had any problems with it.

September 22, 2014 1:57 PM