Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 302 reviews 235 medications

7.3
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 302 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Review by Medical79 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I started Lo Loestrin Fe 3 weeks ago, and so far have had a great expierence on it, no weight gain,(Ive actually lost 3 lbs) and if anything my moods are alot better, no nausea, no headaches. Overall this pill is good so far. I was put on this due to very heavy bleeding every month, and clots the size of plums coming out every 10 min from me. I had a DNC to try and correct bleeding before I started the pill, and that worked for 2 months, then went right back to the same thing, bleeding like crazy for weeks with clots. About 3 days into the pill my bleeding has completly stopped, no cramps, no clots. I worry about the weight gain, so hopefully I will not gain. Overall I think this pill is doing its job and I would recommend.

April 22, 2015 10:05 AM

Review by AlexisNicole:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 4 years and haven't had any problems. Periods are so light and last about 3 days as long as you take the pills when you're suppose to. I haven't had any side effects that I have noticed. This pill is perfect

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 4:13 PM

Review by dsc9893 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: When I first starting taking Lo Loestrin Fe, it was the first birth control pill I had taken, so I was expecting to become a little moody (which had subsided after about two weeks), but besides that I was completely fine. The first month on the pill I had a little breakthrough bleeding (very little brown discharge-- only for a couple of days), and this too had subsided after the first month. Ever since then I have had no period, no weight gain, no cramps, no breakthrough bleeding, no spotting, no nothing!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Review by Gabby323 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: After over 1 year without birth control, I tried lo lo estrin at the insistence of my OB. I tried it for 4 months, waiting for the bleeding and spotting to stop, despite making sure every day I took the pill at the exact same time. Besides the non-stop spotting, I also found my libido affected. I stopped wanting and enjoying sex. I finally went back to the pill I had previously used and am back to normal periods and enjoying sex.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2015 5:09 PM

Review by lulalaefa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I am super sensitive to most birth control, but this pill is perfect. I have been on this pill for a year, and I will continue. I still experience some PMS (a few acne spots on my jawline and I'm extra moody/ hungry), but I haven't had a period the entire time. No weight gain either!

April 17, 2015 8:31 PM

Review by CarolineA:

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about two months now and I've experienced weight gain, extreme mood changes, and irregular periods (which may be because I just began taking it.) So far it's done its job, but the side effects taking a toll on my body are no longer tolerable for me personally.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2015 9:57 PM

Review by N/A95:

For Birth Control: Worst bc pill ever. I've been on a few different pills and i've never had a bad reaction until i took this one. I was getting my period twice a month and had awful mood swings.

April 10, 2015 7:28 PM

Review by Coffee221 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: Love this birth control. I have been on it for 2 years now. I don't get periods. No weight gain. No side effects at all! You just have to make sure you take it at the same time each day. I have multiple friends who switched to this birth control and have had similar results!

April 7, 2015 10:52 PM

For Birth Control: Been taking for 6 months. During the first month I had extremely sensitive breasts (even clothing touching against me was sore). Other than that my experience has been positive - a little random mid month bleeding but no side effects such as headaches, weight gain, mood changes etc. I plan to stay on it.

April 7, 2015 3:05 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: No side effects other than no periods!

April 4, 2015 1:55 PM

Review by Rachel928 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: The first few months were fine. No serious side effects. Obviously I did not get pregnant, so it was effective in that way. The side effects after maybe 6 months or so were terrible. Bleeding for 2 1/2+ weeks out of the month, weight gain (about 30 pounds,) irritable. I dealed with it because I had the mindset, "it's better this than getting pregnant so early." After about a year and three months, I'm bleeding for 3 weeks out of the month. I'm switching to Loestrin 1/20. More estrogen for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2015 1:48 PM

Review by VS10:

For Birth Control: Been on Lo Loestrin Fe for 6 months now. The first month I had spotting for 3 weeks and was quite emotional (can't specifically relate that to the birth control though - could have been caused by other factors). The second and third month I didn't get my period at all. After that my breasts grew and I got regular periods that usually last 1-3 days and are very light. Love this birth control and I've had no problems!

March 29, 2015 5:00 PM

Review by Tay26:

For Birth Control: I've been on this medicine for almost 2 weeks now. It has made me have spotting but I haven't really experienced anything else. I haven't had much of an appetite though, but hey, I'm not complaining.

March 13, 2015 11:42 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this pills about 18 months. I had bad migraines on the placebo weeks for the first 2 months on the pill and some moodiness but after that it has been great. My periods are increasingly light, short, and cramps are way less severe. I get fewer migraines and my skin is clearer.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2015 9:32 PM

Review by Nikkip33:

For Birth Control: Best birth control I've ever taken. No weight gain, no periods (due to low hormone, Doc said that was normal) However, why am I paying nearly $100 for this pill! I have insurance too! I want to continue using this pill because my body is taking it really well but I'm going broke!

March 4, 2015 7:18 PM

Review by CeeCee44:

For Birth Control: So far, so good! I had never been on birth control before and had read some horror stories about birth control, specifically this kind. The first few days, I had awful migraines -- after that, everything went completely back to normal. I feel like myself; in fact, I think my moods (especially around my period) are much more level than in the past. Some tenderness, little nausea, but nothing that I can't handle. I highly recommend this birth control and enjoy being on it!

February 26, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by Juanita359 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: Doing great on this pill! My moods are even keel (notice moodiness near the days when you take iron but they are mild compared to the wild mood swings I experienced when I was not on the pill) and I don't get any periods anymore, ever. My doctor said this is fine and that this can sometimes be an effect of this low dose pill (great effect). I have not experienced any weight gain or loss with this pill which is key. Also, my skin seems clearer. Try it out! Only downside to me so far is the cost, about $25. But seems like small price to pay for no wild mood swings and no periods!

February 23, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by AbigailsMom1113:

For Birth Control: Ive been taking it for a year now, works great for me. I can only do the pill because my body reacts so strangly to most but this has cause no problems for me. My mood is normal, weight is the same. I'd tell others to give it a chance

February 16, 2015 4:51 AM

Review by Ghj:

For Birth Control: I have been taking this for 3 weeks now and have had a light period the whole time. Everyone else is saying the opposite so I'm wondering why my results are different. Maybe I just need to give it more time for my body to get use to it.

February 12, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by JM2015:

For Birth Control: Took Lo Loestrin Fe for about 18 months - during the first month or two I experienced some spotting and bleeding between periods, but after that my period stopped completely. I didn't mind it, because I was very good at taking it at the same time every day. I went off the pill a month ago and my period returned 5 weeks after stopping the pill.

February 10, 2015 11:00 AM

For Birth Control: This pill is great! I'm super sensitive to birth control pills and this is the only one I've ever felt normal on. I would definitely recommend it to anyone! I did have breakthrough bleeding the first few months but that seems to have cleared up. No actual periods really which is amazing. Also it is indeed experience BUT the ACA under Obama care has made it affordable. I was paying high out of pocket prices for it but I called my insurance and they told me I needed to have my doctor call and tell them it's the one I need to be on and then they would cover it for $0/ month! So thank god for that. Definitely check with your insurance and pharmacist! They are full of helpful information!

February 9, 2015 11:32 PM

Review by summerforevverr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've only been on it for two months but so far I love it! My period lasts 1-2 days and its super light! It does make me feel a little nauseous every now and then but nothing too bad. Other then that its perfect! I still feel like myself and my skin is super clear, I highly recommend this birth control, its awesome!

February 7, 2015 1:56 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about a month and I love it. No mood swings and same sex drive. The only noticable difference is my breasts! They are so tender. They feel as if I have a 90 pound clip hanging on my nipples. I do get nauseous through out the day but its bearable. My weight is the same. Sometimes I have an appetite, other times I don't. Overall, this is a great birth control.

February 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Review by MomOfFour85 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: A little skeptical, moved from mini-pill (after a scare one month) to this one. So far I haven't gotten a real period, but rather several short brownish spotting. Which fits me perfectly! Love it!

January 28, 2015 12:34 PM

Review by Stefunny22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Lo Loestrin Fe is by far the best birth control I have ever tried! I cannot tell you how many different contraceptives I have tried and they have all made me miserable. I've had absolutely no side effects on Lo Loestrin Fe. My skin is clear, my periods last maybe a day and it's super light. Absolutely no cramps or nausea. My weight fluctuates on its own so I wouldn't blame the pill for that lol.

January 27, 2015 10:10 AM