Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Birth Control 290 reviews 235 medications

7.3
Summary of Lo Loestrin Fe reviews 290 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Review by Tay26:

For Birth Control: I've been on this medicine for almost 2 weeks now. It has made me have spotting but I haven't really experienced anything else. I haven't had much of an appetite though, but hey, I'm not complaining.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 11:42 PM

For Birth Control: I have been on this pills about 18 months. I had bad migraines on the placebo weeks for the first 2 months on the pill and some moodiness but after that it has been great. My periods are increasingly light, short, and cramps are way less severe. I get fewer migraines and my skin is clearer.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2015 9:32 PM

Review by Nikkip33:

For Birth Control: Best birth control I've ever taken. No weight gain, no periods (due to low hormone, Doc said that was normal) However, why am I paying nearly $100 for this pill! I have insurance too! I want to continue using this pill because my body is taking it really well but I'm going broke!

March 4, 2015 7:18 PM

Review by CeeCee44:

For Birth Control: So far, so good! I had never been on birth control before and had read some horror stories about birth control, specifically this kind. The first few days, I had awful migraines -- after that, everything went completely back to normal. I feel like myself; in fact, I think my moods (especially around my period) are much more level than in the past. Some tenderness, little nausea, but nothing that I can't handle. I highly recommend this birth control and enjoy being on it!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by Juanita359 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: Doing great on this pill! My moods are even keel (notice moodiness near the days when you take iron but they are mild compared to the wild mood swings I experienced when I was not on the pill) and I don't get any periods anymore, ever. My doctor said this is fine and that this can sometimes be an effect of this low dose pill (great effect). I have not experienced any weight gain or loss with this pill which is key. Also, my skin seems clearer. Try it out! Only downside to me so far is the cost, about $25. But seems like small price to pay for no wild mood swings and no periods!

February 23, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by AbigailsMom1113:

For Birth Control: Ive been taking it for a year now, works great for me. I can only do the pill because my body reacts so strangly to most but this has cause no problems for me. My mood is normal, weight is the same. I'd tell others to give it a chance

February 16, 2015 4:51 AM

Review by Ghj:

For Birth Control: I have been taking this for 3 weeks now and have had a light period the whole time. Everyone else is saying the opposite so I'm wondering why my results are different. Maybe I just need to give it more time for my body to get use to it.

February 12, 2015 10:48 AM

Review by JM2015:

For Birth Control: Took Lo Loestrin Fe for about 18 months - during the first month or two I experienced some spotting and bleeding between periods, but after that my period stopped completely. I didn't mind it, because I was very good at taking it at the same time every day. I went off the pill a month ago and my period returned 5 weeks after stopping the pill.

February 10, 2015 11:00 AM

For Birth Control: This pill is great! I'm super sensitive to birth control pills and this is the only one I've ever felt normal on. I would definitely recommend it to anyone! I did have breakthrough bleeding the first few months but that seems to have cleared up. No actual periods really which is amazing. Also it is indeed experience BUT the ACA under Obama care has made it affordable. I was paying high out of pocket prices for it but I called my insurance and they told me I needed to have my doctor call and tell them it's the one I need to be on and then they would cover it for $0/ month! So thank god for that. Definitely check with your insurance and pharmacist! They are full of helpful information!

February 9, 2015 11:32 PM

Review by summerforevverr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've only been on it for two months but so far I love it! My period lasts 1-2 days and its super light! It does make me feel a little nauseous every now and then but nothing too bad. Other then that its perfect! I still feel like myself and my skin is super clear, I highly recommend this birth control, its awesome!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 1:56 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about a month and I love it. No mood swings and same sex drive. The only noticable difference is my breasts! They are so tender. They feel as if I have a 90 pound clip hanging on my nipples. I do get nauseous through out the day but its bearable. My weight is the same. Sometimes I have an appetite, other times I don't. Overall, this is a great birth control.

February 3, 2015 2:21 PM

Review by MomOfFour85 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: A little skeptical, moved from mini-pill (after a scare one month) to this one. So far I haven't gotten a real period, but rather several short brownish spotting. Which fits me perfectly! Love it!

January 28, 2015 12:34 PM

Review by Stefunny22 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Lo Loestrin Fe is by far the best birth control I have ever tried! I cannot tell you how many different contraceptives I have tried and they have all made me miserable. I've had absolutely no side effects on Lo Loestrin Fe. My skin is clear, my periods last maybe a day and it's super light. Absolutely no cramps or nausea. My weight fluctuates on its own so I wouldn't blame the pill for that lol.

January 27, 2015 10:10 AM

Review by Eshe:

For Birth Control: This is the best birth control, I had no side effects. Only switching due to high out of pocket cost. Experienced NO weight gain, acne, mood swings, etc. If you can afford the out of pocket cost for this TIER 3 medication then I definitely recommend it.

January 14, 2015 1:50 PM

Review by Maddie b:

For Birth Control: Have been on it for about a month and no spotting. It's obviously effective because I'm not pregnant, but the only problems I have are weight gain (I'm eating like a horse) and the worst acne I've probably ever had in my life. I'm going to wait it out and see what happens, but hoping it goes away. Was on Sprintec and it made me throw up every day, had to get off and so far those are the only downfalls of this one.

January 12, 2015 11:43 PM

Review by CCM14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I'm almost finishing my second pack of Lo Loestrin Fe and so far not very many problems! The first couple weeks of taking it I had really bad headaches and I've gained maybe 2 lbs, my weight does change from time to time anyway! I've have one period which was very light and haven't had any other side affects! I would recommend Lo Loestrin Fe.

January 12, 2015 8:48 PM

Review by Jackie798 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: The best part of taking Lo Loestrin Fe is that I can still have an orgasm! All the other birth control I've ever tried I've hated, because of that and stronger side affects. This pill has worked great for me.

January 6, 2015 2:18 PM

Review by htlagitd:

For Birth Control: I wish my doctor would have told me that one side effect (if you can call it that) is NO PERIOD! I've been panicking thinking I'm pregnant and after reading all the comments, this is totally normal! I've been on it for 3 months now and I love it! Now that I know I'm not pregnant! I still get cramps and bloating, a few break outs, but no other side effects. A bit pricy, &75 for three month supply. Hoping my new insurance will cover some of it though.

January 6, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by Loriiiiii (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been using this birth control for nearly two years now and I really like it! The first month was full of painfully swollen breasts and a lot of emotions (suddenly crying while eating??), but after that short period I haven't had any other side effects! My periods are short and often skipped. This is certainly the best solution that I've tried!

January 6, 2015 12:38 PM

Review by samm009:

For Birth Control: I switched to this pill after using Sprintec for years and had instant weight gain. I gained 20 pounds in the first three months. No noticeable changes in mood, sex drive, or acne. My skin stayed very clear. I also stopped having a period completely and although it was wonderful I could not get used to it. The pregnancy panics along with the weight gain forced me to stop taking these pills.

January 3, 2015 7:50 PM

Review by S7 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: This pill is awesome. I've taken it for about 2 and 1/2 years now. No side effects when I first started either. I haven't had a period since but I'm okay with that. I highly recommend this pill to anyone looking for a low dose birth control.

January 2, 2015 9:24 AM

Review by Sphinx_athena:

For Birth Control: I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for about half a year. I like and would recommend this pill because it is a low dose estrogen pill. I have had no noticeable sides effects. No weight gain, acne, irregular periods, nothing. It is also great for the fact that it practically eliminates my period. I either have light spotting or no period. The ONLY negative for me is the price. But I still prefer it over cheaper generic forms. My doctor gave me a monthly coupon for mine to knock down the cost. ALSO REMEMBER, everyone reacts differently to certain medications, so you never know till you try. This may or may not be for you. Everyone is different.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by Ire (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started taking this birth control around 6 months ago and I had once a period twice in a month and after that I haven't had a period. I went to the doctor and he did a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I don't have a problem with not having my period but I mean you always get that scary feeling when you don't get your period. I do get migraines but that have been getting better and I personaltly lost weight. Other than that I'm ok with this pill

December 19, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by krisseetina (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I was on this for over two years and loved it! It made my skin look great, my periods were a breeze, if I got one, for prevention it was fabulous. The only reason I was switched off of it is because my insurance changed and no longer covered this, as it's $56.00/mo, it was a little pricey. I've since switched and I've tried two different pills and they're horrible. One gave me horrible acne, the other migraine headaches so horrible if I didn't lay down I felt faint. I'm actually going back to my Dr. and will ask to be put back on this again.

December 16, 2014 11:40 AM

Review by samss:

For Birth Control: I have been taking for four months. Have not had a period the entire time. No other side effects. Im not concerned im pregnant, so have not taken any tests. I have two children and am not experiencing any pregnancy symptoms. A back up method was used for the first three months

December 10, 2014 7:08 PM