User Reviews for Nexplanon

Learn more about Nexplanon.

Birth Control 367 reviews 226 medications

7.3
Summary of Nexplanon reviews 367 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Nexplanon

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Well I've been on this birth control for a while now, probably close to a year now and for the past 2 months I've been on a full period. No other side effects though really.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 2:46 PM

For Birth Control: Probably one of the worst decisions I have made in my adult life. I have always had great skin and on this medication it exploded with both random dryness and severe acne. My emotions were a roller coaster (more than just normal girl stuff). My sex drive plummeted. Constant spotting. Yeah It prevented me from getting pregnant probably because I was always on my period. All in all bad experience.

November 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Sucks! (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: It's been a year since implant, and my periods are constant, for the last two month I've been bleeding non-stop. It is very effective birth control method since there are no sex involved anyway because of constant bleeding! I was hoping it would go away, but no such luck.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by Katesfan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've had Nexplanon for 5 months and it's just great. No periods, no babies. My sex drive is down a little and I've put on a few pounds, but it's worth it to have no periods. I took my last month of pills at the beginning to transition, and I think that helped - I had a very brief period one month in but haven't seen it since.

November 11, 2014 7:00 AM

Review by Hollybee (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: If you don't want to worry about getting pregnant, use this. Never had a scare once since I've had it. I'm scheduled for a replacement next week after 3 years

November 6, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by anapaula:

For Birth Control: It's been 18 months I have this birth control. I will never regret having it. Since the day I had it I did not have any bleeding and my mood was not affected. The best option ever!

November 3, 2014 10:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got this in July. I started my regular period when I got it inserted and my period escalated to soaking through a pad every 10 minutes. I took birth control pills to fix this. I bled for 2 months straight like a normal period. Now I always am spotting, some days heavy flow. I usually always feel crampy now. I gained 10 pounds within two weeks of having this, all in my stomach. I always have migraines. I get more pimples and am ALWAYS tired. I randomly get sad and angry for no reason. Also my sex drive has been slowly but surely diminishing. I am keeping it only because it's keeping me baby free.

November 3, 2014 10:22 PM

Review by Hanahh:

For Birth Control: I got the Nexplanon inserted on October 3rd, 2014. Insertion was much easier than I thought it would be. Only bad part is I'm allergic to adhesive so I broke out bad where the bandaid was and still have some scarring from that. I had been on the pill for 2 1/2 years and taking it every day was a hassle to remember. The first day I have the Nexplanon my hormones went CRAZY. But after that everything was fine. Super happy no weight gain (if anything I lost weight), my mood swings have almost stopped and I'm not pregnant. I just started spotting a few days ago. Very light. Not enough for a tampon just a small pad. I noticed I have been slightly more emotional but nothing compared to how it used to be while bleeding. So far so good.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by gabbijust15093:

For Birth Control: It has been great! I have had mine in a little over 3 months now and I have no had ache, headaches or periods. However, I have had mood swings and every once in a while a little spotting whenever I wipe nothing crazy that's something I can handle. I love it

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by Dreia:

For Birth Control: I had nexplanon implanted on 9-25-14 I didn't have a period for maybe the first 5 days after then I started to bled very heavy which lasted for 2 weeks subsided lightly then when me and partner tried intercourse it came back and now has been on every since then getting it took out next month I miss sex a lot !! Don't recommend it but everyone is different

October 31, 2014 3:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I'm on the second year of having Nexplanon. At first, I loved having it because I didn't have to remember to take the pill every day and my periods stopped all together. Then the 2nd year I started getting random spotting and now I have been having my period for 3 months on and off, weeks at a time. I thought it would go away, but it continuously happens, so I'm getting it taken out. Its a highly effective birth control especially since I get my period every week now. I haven't experienced any weight gain or mood swings at all though!

October 29, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by allisonr:

For Birth Control: I got the Nexplanon inserted in February a few days later I started having migraines daily that Excedrin can't cure. I won't have a period for months but when I do its heavy and the cramps are terrible. Acne, moodiness and very emotional.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by Lydia-nita (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I got my Nexplanon inserted Sept 2014 and I love it. No mood swings, barely a period in September nor October, no migraines. My only complaint is the irritation at the insertion site. I'd recommend it without a doubt.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by Destiney Parks:

For Birth Control: I heard about Nexplanon from my step mother. I got the Nexplanon in December of 2013. I did have side effects, my major ones are depression, lack of sex drive, and mood swings. I can deal with those. I didn't have a period for almost a year! In September of 2014 I had my first period for like 2 days, now it's October and I'm having my second period this month. The first one was extremely heavy, which is highly unusual for me, and the second very light. All in all a great birth control method.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 11:18 PM

Review by RoseElizabeth:

For Birth Control: I've had my Nexplanon for two months now. No weight gain, no mood swings (which is why I switched), no periods. I'm usually extremely sensitive to side effects and the ONLY thing bad I've encountered is constant spotting... just a little here and there when I wipe. But for not having periods or craziness, I can handle it.

October 18, 2014 10:31 AM

Review by az_cm (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got the Nexplanon in August, 2 months after having my 2nd son. I had my period September but for 3 weeks! I hated that part. It is now October and I haven't had my period. I am going to take a pregnancy test, just in case. But I hope it's just the birth control causing me not to have started yet. Other than that I love this form of birth control and will definitely get it again. I did have hives and still get them but its nothing manageable and not enough to give it a bad rap.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by Julia S.:

For Birth Control: This birth control appealed to me because it's estrogen free, you don't need to remember a daily pill, and it lasts for a long amount of time. I had Nexplanon inserted on 3-13-14. I got my period the next day. Today marks 7 months of constant bleeding. Having said this, I'm sure it's highly effective birth control, but for me it was more so effective because it caused me to not have sex. The first couple weeks I was a little extra emotional, but that stopped quickly. I had no other side effects. I have friends who went on this and stopped having periods all together, so I'm sure my experience was exceptional.

October 13, 2014 12:29 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got the implant at the beginning of June and it's now October. After I got it I had a period that lasted three days, stopped for two days, and came back for another three. Since then I haven't had a period or spotted at all. At first I felt like I had no sex drive at all, which I didn't know was a side effect, but now my sex drive is back. The only side effect I have really noticed is I get more acne, but I'd rather have acne than a baby!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2014 1:48 PM

Review by Taffy10:

For Birth Control: I got this on Tuesday, took it out Friday! I have never been so sick on birth control ever. I was sluggish barely able to walk, dizzy, nausea was my best friend like seriously. Three days!

October 5, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by Cierra Smith (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've had my nexplanon for over a year now, it's very effective against not getting pregnant and that's the best part only. I have 2 periods a month, one light one heavy. I randomly bleed as well as cramp horribly before I start. I've had headaches, nausea, hives, nasal sinus issues, depression, mood swings, weight gain, loss of appetite, peeling skin on my face, dandruff, rash on my arm, constantly itching, loss of sex drive, tiredness and the list continues.

September 30, 2014 7:13 AM

Review by babygirl226 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've had Nexplanon for over a year now and I love it! I haven't had a single period and my cramps are gone. Along with constant migraines. I would recommend this birth control to anyone. It's so much easier than taking the pill every day.

September 29, 2014 9:03 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got Nexplanon August, it's the end of September and I absolutely love it! First the bad things: My arm bruised pretty badly when I first got it, I'm allergic to adhesive and my stitches were butterfly stitches (with the tape) and so I had a pretty bad allergic reaction on my arm. That was not due to the Nexplanon itself. I didnt have my period the first two weeks, and then all I had was spotting. The weird thing is its pretty inconsistent, like sometimes every other day there's spotting. But I really don't mind, no cramps, no acne, no mood swings, I actually lost a little bit of weight without trying to. I just use a panty liner everyday, usually there's nothing but just in case. I'm really happy with it.

September 26, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I have had Nexplanon for nearly a year and the only side effect I have ever had was itching at the implant site. I had it implanted in December of '13 and I have still yet to have any spotting or periods. I would definitely get it again.

September 25, 2014 5:33 PM

Review by stylesrenae:

For Birth Control: I been on the Nexplanon now 6 yrs first time In 2008 then again in 2011 now on my 3rd one going on 9 yrs, the best birth control ever. No irregular bleeding, my menstrual cycle is like clock work. I know when it is coming never more then 2 days off. It's just one of the best I have had not like the shot. I'm satisfied with it.

September 22, 2014 11:52 PM

Review by do not get his be smart:

For Birth Control: I would like to personally warn anyone considering this format of birth control at first I was very excited the thought of having birth control and not having to take a pill. I had the implant done on a Wednesday by Friday I already had all of the "less than common" symptoms. I broke out in hives I had migraines that lasted all day I was dizzy by Saturday my blood pressure was so high I almost had a heart attack I have no history of surgeries or heart attacks yet there I was in the ER. I had it removed as soon as possible I only had it for 9 days and it was the worst 9 days of my life. I WILL NEVER CHOOSE THIS PATH AGAIN. It should come with a sign labeled might cause death.

September 22, 2014 4:38 PM