User Reviews for Nexplanon

Learn more about Nexplanon.

Birth Control 565 reviews 249 medications

7.2
Summary of Nexplanon reviews 565 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Nexplanon

For Birth Control "I got the implant April 29th 2015 and I started bleeding today (May 23rd 2015) I haven't had any breakouts, no weight gain and no mood swings but it may just be too soon to determine. I'm having mild cramps at this very moment but nothing too painful. I just hope I don't bleed for a long time."

Bhunni May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "So I got nexplanon on July 21st 2014. I started bleeding days after implantation. I was on a constant period with a flow anywhere from medium to spotting. In January 2015 my doctor put me on two months of birth control pills to help stop the 'break through' bleeding and hopefully regulate or stop my period. The pills did stop my period for the time I took them, but now in May 2015 I'm back on a constant medium flow for the past 6 weeks. :( On a positive note... My doctors' name is literally Dr. Pepper and she's awesome"

Sb58103 May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I got it on April 2nd 2015, and I don't know what to think. It hurt and was bruised for the first week after I got it inserted ( which is normal ). I weighted 115lbs when I got it, and now I'm 125lbs. 10 lbs! No big deal right, but it's been ONE month. Gaining weight is making me depressed, and no matter how much I want to work out I constantly feel tired and lazy. As far as mood swings I have them real bad. For the entire first month I snapped and yelled at everyone, and would go from yelling to crying to complaining. I hope my body goes back to normal because I can't take it. When it comes to bleeding, I have spotted through an entire month, and while I'm on my period, one day it's heavy, the next it's almost not there at all."

Anonymous May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I got the implant on 7/10/2014 and have not had any bleeding since it was inserted. Moods have changed where I will be fine then feel like crying but other than that I have been 100%. I also have lost weight instead of gaining despite the constant sweet craving. I would recommend this as it has been a major benefit to me. I'm 19 and currently undergoing A2 exams and this has meant that I don't have to worry about cramps or periods throughout the exam time."

Orls124 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Hello All! I am currently on the Nexplanon birth control, and I have to say I loved it at first. It's so nice not to have to take a pill everyday, but my negatives have out weighed the positives. First, my period comes every two weeks and in between I cramp like hell. Not to leave out that I feel like I'm on edge in a bad mood as well. I also get pimples in between my eyebrows on my forehead, where I never use to get them and under my nose. Before the implant I never had acne problems, and now I see them all on my forehead. I'm so sad because it won't get better."

AZ_Love (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I got nexplanon mid March 2015, was period free for a month mid April I got my period 3 weeks was just spotting now for a week I've had a heavy period non stop. I called my Dr and the nurse said to see how it goes for 3 months and if it continues they will put me on the pill so it can regular my period."

Ninaaa10 May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I got Nexplanon implanted a little over a month and a half ago and I am loving it. After inserted it bruised and hurt like anything but that was over in about 3 days. Then 2 weeks after I got it inserted I got my first period (I was supposed to have my regular period 2 days after insertion) and it was okay. It went just like my regular period lasting 4 days but I didn't have and cramping or major break outs during this time like usual, the only thing that was different was I spotted for 6 days after that. I haven't gained any weight, no acne, no cravings, no mood swings, nothing at all. I'm a 19 year old who weighs 145lbs."

mazze (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Well I been on my nexplanon for at least 2 years and the only downside I'm having is bleeding after 2 1/2 years and I'm wondering when is it going stop but overall it's a great birth control"

Jessiee00 May 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I been on nexplanon for the past 5 months and I haven't gotten a period since then. My sex drive decreased a bit. Every month I get a slightly feeling of cramping but no menstrual. I love the fact of how I don't have to worry about taking a pill every day but now I am just wondering when will I get my menstrual. Other than that everything is great."

Gracie93 May 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I got the implant put in the beginning of February this year, 2015, I am 18 years old weighed approx 125 before and after almost four months later, height is 5'3, and before I had the implant I was on a birth control they set me up with that was supposed to be closest to the hormones in Nexplanon only an oral version. That was the worst three months of birth control ever, heavy period every other week, morning sickness, constant tricking of my body's senses. With this implant life has been great, period stopped that month and have only spotted once just recently. Mood swings are minimal if not non-existent feel more laid back than usual and have an appetite for food and my boyfriend which is more than I could ask for (: Recommend !!!!!!!!"

Deeeeeeeee May 20, 2015

For Birth Control "Hi! I got nexplanon when I was 16 on May 22,2012 and it's been almost 3 years now the first few months I had a normal period after that I have not had a period since been period free over 2 and 1/2 years now im so grateful cause my period were extremely heavy with giant chucks of blood"

Gaara1191 May 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I had my nexplanon insertion may 2014 so about a year now. It does its job! And I love it. It didn't clear up my acne the way bc pills did. But since I kept forgetting to take the pills I switched to the implant. The only thing I hate about it was messing up my periods. Some months I would have it twice and other months it would be regular."

sol9999999 May 19, 2015

For Birth Control "My arm burned and itched all the time and I had a extremely pain full period that lasted months non-stop the length of the time it was in my arm"

tashaduncan May 19, 2015

For Birth Control "Okay so I got my birth control in July of 2013 ! The first week I had a cold as an side effect ! After that everything was going smooth ! I got really light periods for a few months and then it eventually went away ! I weight 127 when I got on the BC! After the first year I was 144! And u am currently 161 ! This birth control has literally ruined my life! I was always very small with a fast metabolism ! I play sports and work out but the weight kept on coming in ! No matter how much I exercised or are healthy ! I begin to notice cellulite on my stomach and legs!! THIS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE BIRTH CONTROL ! I can't shake the weight !!! My arms have Increased in size ! Other effects (acne,mood swings, depression, laziness )"

05db May 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I got mine in April of 2014. The insert was painless, but there was slight bruising and soreness for a few days. As normal. For the first 3 months I had a non-stop period I was super moody and sensitive of my feelings . It was light and I didn't cramp. Then my period went away complete for 7 months. In February of 2015 I spotted a few days then went away. It was like my period was trying to regulate. I had a normal period ever since. Every since I got on this birth control my face was been clean of acne. I did gain about 10 pounds, but I ended up losing it. I highly recommend this birth control if you're forgetful about taking a pill every day."

HRK12 May 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've had this implant for about 2 1/2 weeks now and have not had bleeding, cramping, or any other that other stuff, but what I do have a serious pain at the injection site. How long is this going to last. It's so bad some times I can't move my left arm in fear of the pain."

lady girl (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I have the nexplanon which because I once had the implanon and loved it and was told this was the newer version. This time around I have spotting that last for quite a few days it's not a steady flow as where with the implanon I had no period at all. But this doesn't stop my everyday routine or isn't to bothersome. I I had it in since November 2015 other than acne increase I have no complaints."

CoreysWife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2015

For Birth Control "Had the implant 1st may 2015 and after two weeks I have become a complete mess. I've had extreme headaches and tiredness. Massive acne out breaks but the worst was the mood swings. I would find myself ready to kill my other half over silly stuff and then sobbing uncontrollably in the next minute. I also had pain when I moved my arm. I also had a real job to get my doctor to take it out! I've had similar reactions on other types on contraception so knew what it was. I appreciate it works wonders for some people but for me it was a nightmare!!"

Wilts88 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I have had this birth control for a little over 6 months now. Two weeks after the implant was inserted (painless) I had my period which last 14 days! By the time of my second period I only had minimal spotting. I had miserable cramps and psycho mood swings for about two months. By the time of my third period I had no spotting or bleeding at all and the cramps mood swings were subsiding. My skin is the same, I haven't gained any weight (actually lost a few pounds), a little mood swings, no periods, and no pregnancy. I really like the implant. I don't have to think about it. The first couple months were rough but now it's a breeze and I'm really glad that I have it."

10kschwab (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on the implant for a month now and have not had any side effects and have yet to get my period or any spotting. I really like the not having to worry about remembering anything like with the pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I had the implanon for 3 years before getting Nexplanon. The doctors told me Nexplanon was the same as implanon, but it's definitely not. On implanon, I gained some weight over the 3 years (probably 15 lbs) but I was able to lose it with exercise. The Nexplanon is terrible. I've gained probably 30 lbs since I had it put in in January 2014. I'm moody and have no sex drive. I exercise regularly and eat fairly well. I keep gaining weight and I hate it. I love the convenience of this birth control but I can't handle the side effects. I'm giving it 3 more months to see if my body can adjust to it but if not.....I'm done. Whatever they changed from implanon to Nexplanon was a terrible decision."

Implanon over Nexplanon (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "Like most women I had uncontrolled spotting for the brunt of the time on nexplananon. There is a solution! Go to your doctor or free clinic (if you don't have insurance you can still be seen and prescribed) and ask about the mini pill. I've taken it for a month, and boom, no spotting. My libido has even gone back to normal. Now I see why some people love nexplanon, it's awesome if you aren't spotting! I'm uninsured and a two month supply cost me 20 bucks."

Mrs. Bell (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I got the implant April 19th and I have a couple symptoms. I noticed that I have lost some of my sex drive, mood swings, and I've been spotting for 8 days after my 4 day period. It's very very annoying, but I'm going to see if it gets any better."

OGLexxi May 12, 2015

For Birth Control "So I got the implant on April 15 and immediately I started feeling mood swings , one moment I felt happy the next mad . Constantly getting mad at my boyfriend for little things that didn't matter . Felt irritated all the time . My period was late . I started on May 6th it is May 12th now and still on my period . I eat a lot now . Gained a couple pounds . Got some acne . Sometimes I feel depressed . Considering getting it removed but 99% chance of not getting pregnant is what's keeping me to stay with the birth control ."

Anonymous May 12, 2015

For Birth Control "This is my 3rd week on this birth control, I have had bad mood swings.. it makes me very very tired and after a few days of being on it I lost my feeling of hunger.. I was 160 now I'm 145 in just 3 weeks.."

Brookie19 May 12, 2015