User Reviews for Nexplanon

Learn more about Nexplanon.

Birth Control 379 reviews 226 medications

7.3
Summary of Nexplanon reviews 379 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Nexplanon

Review by MrsDawson (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Absolutely love it. No period, no mood changes, no bleeding, no nothing but a little bit more acne but could be from stress right now because I've been dealing with a lot. But my body got used to it within a month.

December 9, 2014 2:06 AM

Review by Sheal123456:

For Birth Control: It started off good until I started having very bad chest pain then my periods was months long not weeks, then my hair started to fall out ...its the worst.

December 5, 2014 5:46 AM

Review by syr12:

For Birth Control: I've been on Nexplanon for 4 months and taking it out. I get headaches everyday, I'm on medium to light periods the WHOLE month (always bloated), and I'm losing a lot of hair not the average amount of hair loss after a pregnancy...also regular acne breakouts which I didn't have. Everyone is different.

December 1, 2014 11:47 AM

Review by Karlalicleon:

For Birth Control: I got it inserted in October 2014, no periods since. The only downfall is now would be the time of my second period and I have horrible acne! Other than the acne no other side effects, I can deal with the acne if it's only once a month.

November 30, 2014 2:37 PM

Review by bbarloon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: Got Nexplanon on November 24th and its been 5 days having it. Had hot flashes for 3 days after I got it put in my arm. Before getting the birth control my moods were severe and out of control but since being on it so far I feel calmer and more relaxed and not feeling like I want to hurt people. I have had itchiness at the insertion site but I think its because it is healing. So all in all I feel its a good birth control. I will wait a few months and review it again after my body gets used to it.

November 29, 2014 4:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Well I've been on this birth control for a while now, probably close to a year now and for the past 2 months I've been on a full period. No other side effects though really.

November 14, 2014 2:46 PM

For Birth Control: Probably one of the worst decisions I have made in my adult life. I have always had great skin and on this medication it exploded with both random dryness and severe acne. My emotions were a roller coaster (more than just normal girl stuff). My sex drive plummeted. Constant spotting. Yeah It prevented me from getting pregnant probably because I was always on my period. All in all bad experience.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Sucks! (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: It's been a year since implant, and my periods are constant, for the last two month I've been bleeding non-stop. It is very effective birth control method since there are no sex involved anyway because of constant bleeding! I was hoping it would go away, but no such luck.

November 12, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by Katesfan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've had Nexplanon for 5 months and it's just great. No periods, no babies. My sex drive is down a little and I've put on a few pounds, but it's worth it to have no periods. I took my last month of pills at the beginning to transition, and I think that helped - I had a very brief period one month in but haven't seen it since.

November 11, 2014 7:00 AM

Review by Shay7290:

For Birth Control: First had it in February 2014 my period didn't stop until July 2014. Horrible then it started to come on just once a month instead of everyday. But I had sex and now it just doesn't come on at all. Weird but it's good birth control. After your body gets use to it first.

November 8, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by Hollybee (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: If you don't want to worry about getting pregnant, use this. Never had a scare once since I've had it. I'm scheduled for a replacement next week after 3 years

November 6, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by anapaula:

For Birth Control: It's been 18 months I have this birth control. I will never regret having it. Since the day I had it I did not have any bleeding and my mood was not affected. The best option ever!

November 3, 2014 10:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I got this in July. I started my regular period when I got it inserted and my period escalated to soaking through a pad every 10 minutes. I took birth control pills to fix this. I bled for 2 months straight like a normal period. Now I always am spotting, some days heavy flow. I usually always feel crampy now. I gained 10 pounds within two weeks of having this, all in my stomach. I always have migraines. I get more pimples and am ALWAYS tired. I randomly get sad and angry for no reason. Also my sex drive has been slowly but surely diminishing. I am keeping it only because it's keeping me baby free.

November 3, 2014 10:22 PM

Review by Hanahh:

For Birth Control: I got the Nexplanon inserted on October 3rd, 2014. Insertion was much easier than I thought it would be. Only bad part is I'm allergic to adhesive so I broke out bad where the bandaid was and still have some scarring from that. I had been on the pill for 2 1/2 years and taking it every day was a hassle to remember. The first day I have the Nexplanon my hormones went CRAZY. But after that everything was fine. Super happy no weight gain (if anything I lost weight), my mood swings have almost stopped and I'm not pregnant. I just started spotting a few days ago. Very light. Not enough for a tampon just a small pad. I noticed I have been slightly more emotional but nothing compared to how it used to be while bleeding. So far so good.

November 3, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by gabbijust15093:

For Birth Control: It has been great! I have had mine in a little over 3 months now and I have no had ache, headaches or periods. However, I have had mood swings and every once in a while a little spotting whenever I wipe nothing crazy that's something I can handle. I love it

November 2, 2014 3:31 PM

Review by Dreia:

For Birth Control: I had nexplanon implanted on 9-25-14 I didn't have a period for maybe the first 5 days after then I started to bled very heavy which lasted for 2 weeks subsided lightly then when me and partner tried intercourse it came back and now has been on every since then getting it took out next month I miss sex a lot !! Don't recommend it but everyone is different

October 31, 2014 3:45 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I'm on the second year of having Nexplanon. At first, I loved having it because I didn't have to remember to take the pill every day and my periods stopped all together. Then the 2nd year I started getting random spotting and now I have been having my period for 3 months on and off, weeks at a time. I thought it would go away, but it continuously happens, so I'm getting it taken out. Its a highly effective birth control especially since I get my period every week now. I haven't experienced any weight gain or mood swings at all though!

October 29, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by reamerm:

For Birth Control: This is the best birth control. I got off my period before I got the Nexplanon since then small spotting. Every now and then I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I haven't had any cramps. With the Depo shot I had a period for 2 months, gained 40 pounds. Horrible I know. But I have actually lost weight, no cramps, no heavy flow. I'm so happy with this choice this is the best thing I have done!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 12:25 AM

Review by allisonr:

For Birth Control: I got the Nexplanon inserted in February a few days later I started having migraines daily that Excedrin can't cure. I won't have a period for months but when I do its heavy and the cramps are terrible. Acne, moodiness and very emotional.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by ChaVonneMB:

For Birth Control: I like the fact that it keeps me from getting pregnant but the bleeding is out of control. I got mine implanted in December of 2013 and had no side effects for 3 months. Then I started my period and it hasn't gone off yet. It's not heavy at all and I don't have any cramps at all, it's just annoying to have to wear a panty liner and tampon every day because I'm not sure if it's going to be heavier than usual. If I can't stop the bleeding I'm going to have it removed and try something else.

October 27, 2014 12:42 AM

Review by opstacy93 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've had it for a year this month and have had quite a bit of sex, and still nothing thank the lord. My periods are usually on for a month, off for two and repeat. My periods are not crazy, no awful pains, no headaches, no weight gain. All these women complaining about this birth control.... Maybe this form just wasn't meant for their bodies. Its turned out to be a wonder for me. Free at the health department, its worth a shot. I recommend it 100% based off of my experience.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2014 1:17 PM

Review by Emily_89:

For Birth Control: I've been on this form of birth control for about two years. I couldn't be happier with it. In the beginning I would have extremely light periods every couple months. But now I haven't had a period in several months. I believe I had some mood swings for a few weeks in the beginning. I have acne here and there but I don't know if that's from the Nexplanon or not. My sister is also on this birth control and she loves it as well. She said she had extreme mood swings in the beginning but then they leveled out as well.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by Lydia-nita (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I got my Nexplanon inserted Sept 2014 and I love it. No mood swings, barely a period in September nor October, no migraines. My only complaint is the irritation at the insertion site. I'd recommend it without a doubt.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by Destiney Parks:

For Birth Control: I heard about Nexplanon from my step mother. I got the Nexplanon in December of 2013. I did have side effects, my major ones are depression, lack of sex drive, and mood swings. I can deal with those. I didn't have a period for almost a year! In September of 2014 I had my first period for like 2 days, now it's October and I'm having my second period this month. The first one was extremely heavy, which is highly unusual for me, and the second very light. All in all a great birth control method.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 11:18 PM

Review by momo_1992 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've had the nexplanon birth control since July 1, 2014. Overall I love it. It was inserted quickly. I don't have to worry about taking a pill every morning and I can have sex whenever. I haven't had a period since I had it in. I have gained a little weight and my mood swings are all over the place but its nothing I can't control.

October 20, 2014 8:11 PM