User Reviews for Nexplanon

Learn more about Nexplanon.

Birth Control 1327 reviews 271 medications

6.3
Summary of Nexplanon reviews 1327 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Nexplanon

For Birth Control "I got this implant inserted two days after I had my son in November 2015 I've had no complications what so ever!! I did bleed for about three weeks (but as I said I had just had a baby so I was going to bleed regardless) it's now February and I haven't had any bleeding since!! I would give this bc a 100/10 but that's not possible. I have been slightly more tired but I also found out that I'm slightly anemic and severely vitamin D deficiencient so just keep in mind the the women on here may be suffering from something that has nothing to do with the birth control itself. I haven't had any weight gain and I was diagnosed with migraines when I was little so I get them anyways, I've had no mood swings or cramping whatsoever!!"

Anon1996 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "At first before getting the Nexplanon I read horror stories online. But then I was reminded that people that usually don't have good experiences will share their stories more than those that had good experiences. I got this December 2015. So I've had it for about two months as of now. The insertion process was very fast and it didn't hurt very much. The most painful part was the numbing needle. The pain started after. It took me about a month for the bruise to go away in my arm and have no more pain in the site. After getting it inserted I did get headaches but they wouldn't last very long. Aspirin did the trick. I had my period for two weeks and that was it. I would recommend this for sure to anyone that wants long time effectiveness!"

kgf000 February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "My daughter (21 yrs) had this awful drug inserted in her arm a year and a half ago. We just got it removed today after six months of trying to convince her doctor to remove it. She had to have 8 stitches and it was a very painful procedure. Since she had Nex inserted she has gained about 25 pounds, suffered from depression and anxiety, became anemic, broke out with body acne (she's never had acne, other than an occasional pimple in her teens), been to the ER and Doctor several times for ovarian cysts (never had them before) and bleeds three to four weeks straight every three months. Her attitude has been extremely negative to put it lightly. She is so tired and has no energy almost every day. I hope she recovers quickly!"

Mom4LifeIA (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I been on nexplanon for a year now and I regret it. My periods never been this long an my life before I got on nexplanon I was only on my period for 3 or 4 days now with nexplanon I'm on my period like 2 weeks or 3 weeks I hate it. Very horrible and side affects always sleepy, shortness of breath, and anxiety. Lose of appetite. Bad acne. Only good then about this birthcontrol it's actually does stop u for pregnancy. I don't recommend this birthcontrol. The pill is way better"

Gabbie911 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "This medication is very effective! But it is literally the worst ever!!!!! I want to share my story in hopes that it will prevent women from trying this... I'm ten days post nexplanon today and I'm feeling so much more like myself then I have in months. I'm not quite 100% yet. It all started two months ago when my period began I just woke up different. My anxiety was severe and I had begun feeling extreme sadness and depression. My period lasted a month and then when it started again in January the symptoms came back magnified by ten. I thought I was going mad! I lost my appetite and I'm still dealing with being unable to eat. For a while there I couldn't sleep. But everyday it seems to be getting better. I'm starting to smile!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I absolutely love this form of birth control. I had it inserted in July 2015. I bled a small bit in the beginning when my body was first getting used to it but it was nothing heavy. I haven't gained any weight. I'm 5'3 and weigh 102. I was actually hoping to gain weight but that didn't happen. I forget that I even have the implant in at times. It is now February and I haven't had a period since November (YAY). I feel great and haven't had any mood swings. As far as the birth control side goes, I am currently in a long distance relationship so I haven't been able to see how affective it is. I'm sure it works just fine since I haven't had any complications from it."

muffincookie96 February 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I got this in March 2015 after I had my daughter and the first 3-4 months I bleed continually . Followed by a 3 week stop . Followed by another 3 months of bleeding . 1 month of off , then back on . I went to the doctor and they prescribed estrogen pills that don't do nothing . I'm really over this . But I can say I have not gotten pregnant . It is effective in that way . But the bleeding . Is what I can do without !!"

Brown19 February 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had this birth control going on 9 years now!!! Started in 2007 and hey no babies!! Some side effects nothing to concerning you. My periods can last what seems like forever but they are very light. I get the luxury of only having to use panty liners and light tampons!! Hasn't effected my sex drive at some points it seemed like it but nope having more sex then before I got it in "

Birthcontrol hooray February 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had this implant for about almost 2 years now. When I first got it my periods were constantly on and off but my gynecologist said that was normal. I use to have clear skin and let me tell you, ever since about a year or so ago this stuff has broken me out so bad. I have really bad hormonal acne and it's everywhere all over my face. I have finally found a face wash that is helping with it, but I will continue to struggle with acne (I never have before until now) for the longest time. I want to get it taken out, but then my periods would be awful again. So I guess I just have to deal with the acne."

Emma18 February 6, 2016

For Birth Control "So far only been a week, but I can't stop bleeding. I'll give it a month, but if the bleeding doesn't stop then I will probably take it out. First time on birth control at 30. So far no other negative side effects aside from the bleeding (moderate) and moderate cramping. Effective as birth control, but I got the implant because I heard that some women might stop having their periods, and thought it would be hassle-free. I will just go back to condoms if the bleeding does not stop. Will keep everyone posted."

JFMA (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Birth Control "please girls do not get this bc. I have bled for 9 months gained 50 lbs and my boobs have blowed up like ballons. just had removed and am hoping to get my life back."

!!!!!!!!! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on this for about 3 months. It wasn't bad, I had no spotting. The only reason I went off of it is because I am used to the pill. And on the pill you knew exactly when you would start your period. This one made me clueless since I don't keep track of it. BUT when I did have my period, I had no cramps or back pain, it was astonishing. It was light too. It was like I wasn't on my period at all. I did experience very mild cramps at the very end 1-2 out of 10 pain wise. If you don't like the idea of taking a pill & are new to birth control my advice is try it. It's the closest experience you'll get of having a regular period (Keeping track of it)."

SherryTerry February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "So I had this put in May 2015, the shot not bad it was the numbing medicine that was the worse! But anyway had no problems with sex drive, I do have energy, and I admit I gain 5lbs but not sure if that's because of the implant or just me who does not like to exercise. I did just get my period on January 28th and I still have it to this day it is pretty heavy and it doesn't seem like it will go away anytime soon, since the amount of blood that comes; and that it's not getting any lighter. So that was a disappointment. The plus side it does work haven't gotten any pregnancy scares. It's convenient because you can pretty much forget about it, you don't have to remind yourself to take your pills or get a dang shot every three months in the tush."

brooklyn8o9 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I got Nexplanon inserted in my arm in March 2015 two days after my period ended and I love it. I haven't gotten my period since then, I don't bloat, no headaches and no cramps. I haven't gained weight with this implant ether. Every body is different so don't base your judgement of this on one bad review or one good review. It takes 10 seconds to insert and remove so try it and if it doesn't work well with your body, remove it. I personally love it, and it lasts 3 years."

Nohea February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had nexplanon for a month now and I absolutely hate it I have had terrible abdominal pain long periods bad cramping, extreme mood swings and it hurt like hell the day after I got it. I don't recommend."

Living mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Had it in for 3 weeks.. Not sure if I have had any side effects. I've been a super horrible to my husband the past week. Which isn't really me, and I've cried twice this week like it was the end of days.. Which is unlike me. Though I'm also a new mom to a 6 week old.. Don't know if its stress or this.. Also, just started my period (great) its heavy! Everyone's reviews on here are freaking me out a bit. I definitely don't want to gain weight especially while still on the process of loosing the 35lbs I gained while pregnant. Kinda wishing I would have done more research before I got it, instead of randomly picking one out a booklet at the Dr."

Ally253817 February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control is absolutely terrible. Before getting the nexplanon I never experienced depression like I do now. I've had it for almost a year. I workout constantly, but this is making me gain weight like crazy and I can't lose it no matter what I do! I do not recommend this at all."

Anonymous February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the implant in August. Since then I have constant nausea, I have gain weight ( I work out out daily), and I am only off my period 1 week out the month.. Other than the fact it is quite effective I completely hate it. I am scheduled to get it removed tomorrow>"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Ok ladies... I have had Nexplanon now for a little over a year and half. At first I was very happy with it. I got I put in on the last day of my period and I was on the pill before this. I didn't get my period again no spotting no bleeding for over a year.. I didn't think it affected my sex drive but my fianc"

Anonymous2314 February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I had my implant put in last April. I had very light spotting for 2 weeks after it was put in. Now its February and I just started bleeding again. Nothing to serious. I love it. I have had no side affects what so ever. I don't have to worry about taking a pill every day or trying to remember to go in and get a shot every 3 months. It was the best decision for me and I still agree with that decision even now."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I got it inserted in April 2013, that June I bled for about a month straight and waited it out to see if there would be change, after that it stopped and I have not bled since. It is still in my arm and it is now Feb 2016, I will be getting it removed next month and a new one reinserted. I think it is great and it has not given me any problems. Everyone's body is different and remember we all react differently. I think it is great, also I'm very active, and I have never has a pregnancy scare."

Anonymous February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Thought I would share since there are so many negative reviews. After a full month of having the implant, I'm a fan (would have given 10/10 but it's still early). Occasional discomfort at the implant site, but from what I've read thats normal and is just the scar tissue being tugged by the muscle. Got the implant the first week of Jan, didn't get my period that weekend as scheduled, but it came a week later. I had a single cramp the night before I got it, like a warning sign, and then had my period for 10 days. Seemed like a lot, but now that I have no sign of a period, or even spotting for almost 2 weeks now."

sjd08004 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I had this inserted back in August, and I hate it. No, I LOATHE this birth control. I have been bleeding on and off for the last 2 months. I have little to no sex drive. Attempting to work out is a joke. I can barely make it through the workday without wanting a nap or two. I work retail, so this is definitely not a good thing! I want to workout, get healthy and all that jazz, but have no energy to do so. I want to remove it, and have considered going off birth control completely for a year, I'm just scared of getting pregnant! I was hoping this "new and improved implanon" would be better, as I had that removed early due to complications similar to what I'm complaining about now. I haven't gotten pregnant, so I guess that's a plus. :-/"

teexcee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the implant at the beginning of October, 2015 on the last day of my period. Two weeks later I started bleeding again and have been bleeding since. Its February 2016.... My doctor gave me a prescription of Estrogen a week ago to counter act and try to stop/get the bleeding under control. I have to take it for 14 days. So far, the bleeding is way lighter, but I still have to wear a tampon or pad all the time. It's very frustrating. Some other side effects I've had are sweating really bad while I'm sleeping, having trouble sleeping or staying asleep, crying over stupid things I normally would not cry over. As for weight I've gained probably 6 pounds so far. I rated it a 9 because it is effective despite the side effects."

randie_roo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've had it for three years. After the 3rd year I got it reinserted, simply because it works FOR ME. I didn't gain weight, no headaches, no extended menstrual cycles. If anything my cycles became very light. The only thing is I experienced cramps, but I get them anyway so that wasn't a bother for me. Everyone's body is different, so if you want to try it, then do so. Don't base your decision from other people's Experience."

SweetestTaboo February 2, 2016