Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Nexplanon

Learn more about Nexplanon.

Birth Control 467 reviews 235 medications

7.2
Summary of Nexplanon reviews 467 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Nexplanon

Review by Kattease:

For Birth Control: I found my appetite is decreased, no skin problems, no lack of sexual desire, no babies :) haha, it's great for me!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 12:41 PM

Review by LunaCordero (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I got my Nexplanon inserted in June 2014, I got my period the month after but haven't gotten it ever since. I haven't gotten pregnant either. I'm very satisfied except for the fact that my face has been breaking out so much and gained so much weight.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 2:02 AM

Review by Scorpio1988:

For Birth Control: No babies....No periods..... but the headaches can be overwhelming... Sometimes my head hurts so bad all I can do is laying around.... Weight gain & hair loss

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2015 1:04 AM

Review by LynC21 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I love love love Nexplanon! I was on the pill for 2 years and the pill worked great for me, but I just got sick of taking the pill everyday. I went to my doctor and just wanted a easier carefree form of birth control. We talked about Nexplanon and the IUD but I just didn't want the IUD. I have had my normal time of the month for the first two weeks but it was a lot shorter and lighter, which is crazy because my period was like 3 days to begin with and no symptoms. My boyfriend and I love it and definitely be getting another one when my three years are up.

April 4, 2015 2:01 PM

Review by Jaz Hong:

For Birth Control: I had pretty moderate acne (I've suffered from acne since I was 10) when I started Nexplanon. I figured It was time to start on a birth control anyway so I looked into Nexplanon. I was initially worried that it would make my acne even worse since that is what most people had been saying. Not the case. I've had it for almost 6 months. Skin has never been clearer. And no babies. So that's a plus.

April 2, 2015 9:18 AM

Review by Lauren S (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I've had my Nexplanon since July of 2014 and I love it. I did not get the month long periods that others got but I have been on birth control pills for a while so my body just may be used to birth control in general. My periods come maybe 2 or 3 times a year and usually last a week and a half, which is the only downside. My boyfriend and I do not use any other form of birth control and so far so good.

March 29, 2015 9:27 AM

Review by annaphilgood:

For Birth Control: I've had Nexplanon since June of 2013. This is my second time to have this form of birth control. Neither times did I have problems with Nexplanon. The only problem I have is the procedure of taking it out. But hey no pain no gain. Any friend of mine that ask for birth control advice. I will advise them to get Nexplanon.

March 26, 2015 11:20 PM

Review by tylia (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have had the Nexplanon for about 3 months now and it is great. No pregnancies even after direct ejaculation. The only down side is the constant spotting. Its annoying like I almost never get to have sex. But other than that great!

March 25, 2015 9:00 PM

Review by missimaee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I got my Nexplanon in March of 2014. So I've had it a year now, and I bled for about 3 weeks but it was light, and I have an actual period sometimes. I like it, for the most Part. Mine still hurts and tingles sometimes, but its all good.

March 24, 2015 7:06 PM

Review by SNT:

For Birth Control: I had it inserted in Nov 2014 I've a period heavy and little everyday it's very stressful and expensive to be buying pads. Also, I refuse to have set with my husband knowing that I'm bleeding. VERY DISAPPOINTED. I like implanon better at least my periods came every 2-3 months I can deal with that. Will be calling my doctor tomorrow

March 24, 2015 5:17 PM

Review by addi55:

For Birth Control: Been on Nexplanon for 3 years now and I can say it's the best birth control there is out there. I dont have to worry about taking pills or using a back up at all. I'm definitely be going back to get my second one. I only get headaches and I haven't had a period but other then that it's all good.

March 21, 2015 3:11 AM

Review by klojk:

For Birth Control: I got my Nexplanon 11/21/14 and my nonstop bleeding started January and haven't stopped since. First it was heavy for one week then light then heavy for two week now its just spotting and I think its about to go off but I can never be sure...just ready for it to go off because I'm tired of buying pads.

March 20, 2015 11:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I'm on my third one and I've gotta tell you I like it. My doctor prescribed a med. to stop heavy periods or very long periods, I take a pill and they stop. It has not affected my sex drive and everything else is going good.

March 19, 2015 2:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Got the nexplanon 2 days after I had my daughter. Everything was cool I bled my whole 6 weeks then my period completely stopped until the first week of Feb I spotted for a few days(3). Started gaining weight after and no matter how much I work out I cant lose the weight!! Lately ive started gettings headaches for 4-5days straight no matter what I take I continue to have a headache and increased appetite. Really considering getting it took out. The no period or pregnancy is the only great thing!

March 17, 2015 1:53 AM

For Birth Control: It's going on a year I've been on it. My boyfriend and I had sex a week or so later and was fine. My first few months I was on a constant period. Not really heavy, but enough to aggravate anyone. I was extremely sensitive, and now I'm having terrible terrible acne. (sigh)

March 14, 2015 6:20 PM

Review by Flotoria:

For Birth Control: I got Nexplanon inserted February 12. I had my period since January 25. I decided to try Nexplanon because the Depo Provera gave me mood swings and longer periods. I have had my period now for almost 7 weeks. I dont know if its because of the Depo or if its also the Nexplanon. I have gained 7Lbs since starting this. Its been great for birth control but that may because I havent had sex.

March 14, 2015 5:50 PM

Review by Lucy/LouLou (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was so excited because everyone said it was so good. But now it's been 6 months. At first it was awesome. But now I have gained weight and even when I don't eat or only eat salads and eat healthy,I can't lose weight. And lately I'm extremely irritable and my depression has gotten much worse than before. Now my menstrual cycle lasts up to ten days and this month it stopped for 2 weeks and I started spotting again. And I've always had bad cramps during menstrual cycle but now it's all the time and twice as bad sometimes. I use to recommend this but now I don't anymore. I'm going to make an appointment to have it removed this coming week.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 3:07 PM

For Birth Control: I have had Nexplanon since January 9th and so its been a little over 2 months since I've gotten it inserted. I was nervous about getting it inserted but the whole process is a breeze, so if you are considering it don't worry about that! For 2 months, I bled almost every day but it wasn't bad. As time went on, it was less and less. I've read other reviews where they said they bleed everyday and was horrified about that happening to me, but it was hardly noticeable. Sex wise- I haven't gotten pregnant and this is the only form of protection my boyfriend and I use. Also, I didn't get any acne but for the first month, I would get nauseous easily after doing cardio or even after having 1 alcoholic beverage. But that has gotten a lot better.

March 14, 2015 12:34 AM

Review by Hays25:

For Birth Control: I got Nexplanon in November. Started my period right away. My period lasted until March. The only reason it stopped was because my gyno put me on the pill WITH the Nexplanon for a month. Using that method it kind of "reset" my period so NO MORE BLEEDING! I love the Nexplanon because it is easy! But if you are having trouble bleeding I recommend trying to go on the pill too just for a month. You will be period free while on the pill, then have a period for a week, then be done bleeding!

March 12, 2015 9:42 AM

Review by Agurcia (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I got my Nexplanon in after my 1st son was born. Never had a problem with it. Didn't gain weight, didn't get a period for the whole 3 years I was on it. Now that my second son was born Jan 2015, I got it again in March 2015. Once again I loved it. Not a period in sight yet. This is the best for me because I don't have to remember to take a pill every day. No Oops babies here.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 6:54 AM

Review by irishmae:

For Birth Control: I have been on Nexplanon for a yr. I have not had a period during that time. I occasionally get cramps but that's it. overall it was a miracle for me. I used to suffer from ovarian cysts and heavy periods. It also supported my road warrior lifestyle which was difficult with the pill.

March 2, 2015 1:27 AM

Review by Taken11~11~14:

For Birth Control: I had my Nexplanon put in on 2/24/15 and the only side effect I have had is trouble swallowing, sore throught, sleep deprivation and frequent urination. My period stopped that night and my sex drive has increased. The only thing I don't like so far is the frequent urination because I have to use the bathroom like every 10 to 20 mins and I cant really move my arm because of the pain but im loving it so far.

February 25, 2015 10:17 AM

Review by Jenninator:

For Birth Control: I stopped getting a period completely for nearly two years. Now I suddenly got a period.

February 25, 2015 9:11 AM

Review by Joce12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have always practiced safe sex, but when I heard about Nexplanon I was like why not.. it's good for 3 years, and better safe than sorry. I got it inserted 2 months ago, and after the 3rd week I started spotting (my normal period would have came a week after.) I have been spotting/ been on my period since then, so about 5 weeks now. The light spotting was no big deal, but lately it's been pretty heavy as to where I have to wear a tampon, a panty liner is not enough. I had a follow up check up a month ago, and the Dr. said everything was good: my insertion spot had healed up nicely, and the spotting was normal. But how long is it going to take for my body to adjust to it!?

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 4:08 PM

Review by tootiefruitie86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I got my birth control in July 2014. For the First 6 Months My Periods Would Last 10 Days which was ok for me. Into my 7th month my period came on Feb 3rd an its been light but its still on...... and that's been about 20 days. This is irritating im really considering getting it taken out. I'm On My 2Nd Box Of Tampons and liners. This isnt good for me.

February 21, 2015 5:03 PM