Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Nexplanon

Learn more about Nexplanon.

Nexplanon review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 193 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Nexplanon to treat Birth Control

Review by missimaee (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I got my Nexplanon in March of 2014. So I've had it a year now, and I bled for about 3 weeks but it was light, and I have an actual period sometimes. I like it, for the most Part. Mine still hurts and tingles sometimes, but its all good.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2015 7:06 PM

Review by addi55:

Been on Nexplanon for 3 years now and I can say it's the best birth control there is out there. I dont have to worry about taking pills or using a back up at all. I'm definitely be going back to get my second one. I only get headaches and I haven't had a period but other then that it's all good.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 3:11 AM

Review by klojk:

I got my Nexplanon 11/21/14 and my nonstop bleeding started January and haven't stopped since. First it was heavy for one week then light then heavy for two week now its just spotting and I think its about to go off but I can never be sure...just ready for it to go off because I'm tired of buying pads.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2015 11:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I'm on my third one and I've gotta tell you I like it. My doctor prescribed a med. to stop heavy periods or very long periods, I take a pill and they stop. It has not affected my sex drive and everything else is going good.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 2:47 PM

It's going on a year I've been on it. My boyfriend and I had sex a week or so later and was fine. My first few months I was on a constant period. Not really heavy, but enough to aggravate anyone. I was extremely sensitive, and now I'm having terrible terrible acne. (sigh)

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 6:20 PM

I have had Nexplanon since January 9th and so its been a little over 2 months since I've gotten it inserted. I was nervous about getting it inserted but the whole process is a breeze, so if you are considering it don't worry about that! For 2 months, I bled almost every day but it wasn't bad. As time went on, it was less and less. I've read other reviews where they said they bleed everyday and was horrified about that happening to me, but it was hardly noticeable. Sex wise- I haven't gotten pregnant and this is the only form of protection my boyfriend and I use. Also, I didn't get any acne but for the first month, I would get nauseous easily after doing cardio or even after having 1 alcoholic beverage. But that has gotten a lot better.

March 14, 2015 12:34 AM

Review by irishmae:

I have been on Nexplanon for a yr. I have not had a period during that time. I occasionally get cramps but that's it. overall it was a miracle for me. I used to suffer from ovarian cysts and heavy periods. It also supported my road warrior lifestyle which was difficult with the pill.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2015 1:27 AM

Review by Jenninator:

I stopped getting a period completely for nearly two years. Now I suddenly got a period.

February 25, 2015 9:11 AM

Review by tootiefruitie86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I got my birth control in July 2014. For the First 6 Months My Periods Would Last 10 Days which was ok for me. Into my 7th month my period came on Feb 3rd an its been light but its still on...... and that's been about 20 days. This is irritating im really considering getting it taken out. I'm On My 2Nd Box Of Tampons and liners. This isnt good for me.

February 21, 2015 5:03 PM

Review by lkj_14 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on this birth control for about 6 months and I love it! Its helping me balance my weight, I lost 10 pounds on it! I have constant spotting with it but its not heavy and it doesn't leave anything on my underwear at all so that's pretty cool. 10/10 recommend.

February 19, 2015 9:20 PM

Review by Keyvers (taken for 1 to 6 months):

After I had my baby in September, I decided to get Nexplanon. I got it implanted in November and had normal periods for about two months and then they stopped altogether!

February 17, 2015 8:53 AM

Review by Lyssx3:

I've had Nexplanon since 11/5/14 and the whole first week I had extreme nausea, then bled for 3 weeks, was okay for about a month and now I'm back to nonstop bleeding, extreme nausea, very anxious, crying all the time, acne, and I'm just overall very unhappy and no longer myself. Having it removed next Monday but I'm not sure I can wait.

February 15, 2015 5:44 PM

Everything is great. I've had it for about two and a half months, no bad side effects. I've gained like four pounds, but it's not the end of the world. I've also had lots of spotting, which is expected and that should stop since I haven't had Nexplanon for very long. Besides those two things, nothing bad and I love it.

February 14, 2015 6:16 PM

Review by Bayyyyy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

This is THE best birth control. Ever since I got it I haven't had one scare nor have I needed to be worried. At first it did really screw with my periods and acne and emotions and I almost had it removed but my doctor said I should keep it for at least a year so my body would have enough time to adjust. Well, it's been about a year and I am so happy. I no longer bleed when I have my periods. I do still have the emotions and extra breakouts but other than that nothing! The only thing that hasn't gone away is my acne, it's actually gotten a little bit worse. I love it anyways and would suggest it to everyone and anyone.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 10:30 PM

Review by Yoshime:

I have been on Nexplanon for a while. During the beginning, I had my period on my normal time of the month. After my first year, I had begun barely having a period. I don't know if it's diet or something, but I'm on my second year and I have begun having my period for a month at a time, but three months without one. Overall, I'm not pregnant, and it hasn't effected my mood, craving, acne, anything.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by Notforthismom:

First, I've spotted on and off with this birth control. Over a year of it. Second, I can't lose weight for anything. After diets, exercise, you name it I can't lose weight. I've been the same weight maybe a few lbs more for a year. Third, I have no desire to be touched or even want to have sex. My sex drive doesn't exist. This all started when I got on this. I'm getting it removed this month. No other birth control has ever done this to me. It's not for me personally.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 11:06 PM

Review by Shorty136:

Best birth control ever I've use it for since Jan 2013 and I've not gain weight, no headaches or nothing different from my normal life except that I haven't had a period ever since I got it which my Gyno said it was normal when I first got it didn't hurt a bit and I went on a cruise a week after that's how quick it heal but I guess everyone is different. Most people I know that has it love it and that's why I chose to get that one. Good luck to everyone.

February 3, 2015 12:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have had this birth control since July of 2014, so I've had it for about 7 months now and I recommend it to everyone! I only spotted for a couple days after getting it and then my period had stopped all together. I had no problems since then and I even lost 5 pounds! 100% effective for preventing pregnancies also. I love it!

February 1, 2015 7:58 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I think this is pretty great but the constant spotting can get in the way of a lot of things and can get really obnoxious and a little weight gain but other than that I think it's cool

January 28, 2015 6:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've had Nexplanon since June 2013 and its been great except for the first 7 months, I had an almost non stop period but since then no period been almost a year and half no period pretty happy about that. No weight gain actually lost weight. At first it did affect my mood but after awhile I got back to myself. Little to no acne. I plan on getting a new one when I get this one taken out. Best birth control!

January 28, 2015 3:23 AM

Review by Taanya (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

It's very effective against pregnancy but the side effects have been horrible for me. I got it installed in June 2014 after having my baby. In August I noticed 2 patch's of my hair gone and severely thinned out in the front of my hair. I just thought this was due to postpartum hair loss which typically happens 3-4 months after you have a baby. However it is now January 27th 2015 and the hair loss has continued and now has spread to my entire front head around the edges. Also since I have had it, I have had no desire for sex. Nothing gets me aroused at all. My sex drive is nonexistent. I am going to get it removed soon because the side effects are unbearable. I am most upset by my hair loss.

January 27, 2015 7:53 PM

Review by boomyeahmexi (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have been on the Nexplanon for a year and two months now. Last time I got my period was on June for 6 days. No pregnancies. I did spot for a couple of days when I first got it inserted but other than that no complaints. I don't get spotting, more periods I guess I am those lucky ones. I recommend this!

January 25, 2015 7:00 PM

Review by ElizabethT:

August 2013 and my experience with it has been both good and bad. The first month I did not have a period, then for the next six months I had a period every two weeks, now it's down to a period once a month. For pregnancy prevention its great, but not so great because of irregular periods.

January 25, 2015 2:04 PM

Review by Amor87:

My experience with Nexplanon was horrible and would like to share my experience, although everyone is different and what doesn't work for me might work for you or vice versa. I had the Nexplanon placed 3 months after giving birth. Before that I was happy, high sex drive (always have had high sex drive), regular periods, and overall very long life. After Nexplanon I had non stop bleeding, severe headaches, severe dizziness, severe lightheadedness, extreme fatigue and severe mood swings. I felt like I was going downhill because I felt sick all the time and extreme sadness and depression. I had it removed because I no longer felt like myself and felt like I was making bad memories on what should be my most precious moments with my family.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 4:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I have this birth control I got it on my six week check up back in 2013 at first it was wonderful it didn't completely stop my cycle but it was every other month BUT when I did get it it would last for 7-10 days heavy an cramps then I would come off an a few days later come right back on for like 5 days but then won't get a cycle for two months now I'm getting pain in my arm mood swings depressed an eat a lot of snacks haven't picked up any weight though. I want it out though due to the pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate