User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 289 reviews 11 medications

7.4
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 1126 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Review by Anonymousddddd:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Had a condom mishap with my boyfriend, it popped and I took this pill probably almost 20 hours later I fell asleep, woke up and I had my period. So I probably would have been fine without it but I'm so glad I took it. I know they work from friend experience. Don't stress like I did,

March 1, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by guess flower:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: OK so pretty much a few days out of each month I would spot very light, no cramps. For the first 6months. Thr first two months i was kind of heavy but it would subside really quickly. After that some months I wouldn't even spot at all. The procedure hurt a little. But that was to be expected. Overall I'm happy with it. Barely any cramps.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2015 1:11 PM

Review by Anonymous12346678:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I was ovulating when I had sex and the condom broke. My boyfriend bought me the pill and I took it about 24 hours after the incident. It's been three weeks and I haven't started my period and I'm very worried

February 22, 2015 12:33 PM

Review by Rgt01 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B after approx. 2 hours after unprotected sex. That same day after a few hours I started to feel VERY bloated, and felt like that the following day as well. I honestly had difficulties driving since I also had pain on my right ovary area! I got my period 1 week after the pill and 1 week before it was supposed to be. Not to mention, but I've always gotten heavy period with NO cramps...just very bad headaches, they are awful! But girls Plan B really works. Definitely $50 is really worth it! Hopefully this help.

February 20, 2015 9:41 PM

Review by natjean:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: This pill seriously works. If you were in the same position as me, you're sitting on this website reading the reviews and hoping the pill is working. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 12th when the condom broke. He was able to buy the pill the 14th some 50 hours after. I took it asap. I was very tired and felt nauseous and dizzy every so often after I took it. started spotting on the 19th and now it's the 20th and I just woke up with my period. The 50 dollars spent on buying the pill is much better than risking having a baby.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2015 9:16 AM

Review by Logan Ragsdale:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got my Mirena on October 3, 2013. And I have bleed for 96% of it. But now I can tell a difference, it's working now like it should.

February 19, 2015 10:21 PM

Review by Blahblah2:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I absolutely love this thing. I had crazy side effects for the first 8 months, the doctor will tell you six. After the 8 months my periods have been great, I don't have to think about taking a pill everyday, and wearing pesky condoms. It's lovely I'd recommend it any day

February 17, 2015 10:25 AM

Review by Anonymously-Me:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I had a condom mishap. After waiting 38 hours to take the pill I was a complete wreck. I was so nervous because getting pregnant would ruin my future at this young age. 5 days later I got my period with extreme cramping and heavy blood flow. The cramps were bad but it was all worth it. It worked.

February 16, 2015 8:23 PM

Review by Annaaaa:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took the pill 6 hours after the condom broke I was so scared but a week later I started bleeding for about 3 days from the pill and as of today I got my period all I can say is ladies don't stress the pill works great.

February 14, 2015 10:01 AM

Review by MnAnmlNurse:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Had it inserted 12/3/14 and haven't stopped bleeding. My husband and I got to have sex for the first time in 2.5 months. I have period like cramping all of the time. Insertion was almost painless. I was hoping this would be the answer to my irregular periods after having my second son via c-section 4/14/14.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 9:12 PM

Review by LyricalRationality (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had Mirena placed after the birth of my second son and have had it almost two years. The first year was fantastic, I had little or no bleeding at all. Now, I have longer, heavier periods; excessive moodiness; and bleeding between supposed regular cycles. I think it may be time to remove it.

February 11, 2015 1:52 PM

Review by Anno5:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had this put in while breastfeeding when my baby was eight weeks old. No side effects and my periods have not ever come back four years on - which is amazing as I had years of terrible pain with endometriosis. For me it has been the best thing ever!

February 8, 2015 1:18 AM

Review by Gina - 123456 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Tried pill form birth control for a few years before getting off of it because it caused some strange mood swings/anxieties. Felt better off birth control for 1 full year but decided to try Mirena because I was getting my period after like 10 days from stress/etc. I took 4 Advil the morning of and the procedure was a bit uncomfortable but it kind of reminded me of getting an ear piercing ... it's painful but it's not like the worst type of pain ever. I just did a lot of deep breathing through it. Had cramping for a few days but just keep the Advil pumping! Discharge in the beginning, but pretty much smooth sailing now 2 months later. It's great!

February 3, 2015 5:50 PM

Review by Indi4025 (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I'm in my 40's with no kids. I have endometriosis and very painful periods. I got the Mirena a few days ago and I have had cramps non-stop since, my Dr. told me to expect cramps & bleeding. The procedure was VERY uncomfortable. But I'm hoping this will help with my endometriosis and painful periods.

February 1, 2015 1:56 PM

Review by Ashley T (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: My experience with Skyla has been pretty good so far, I have had it in for 4 months now. Getting it inserted was fairly simple and I felt little pain. The cramping was pretty severe immediately after the procedure and for the next couple days, so I suggest having someone drive you to and from the procedure. I had spotting on and off for the next 3 months but no other side effects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 29, 2015 2:11 PM

Review by liv879 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had my Skyla inserted in May of 2014. I have a condition that I have to take medication which limited me from the use of other birth controls. Skyla gives me a lot more comfort because it is more effective than other methods of birth control. I do get cysts that grow on my uterus and rupture mostly before my cycle which is very painful, but the pain is worth the results! I highly recommend this birth control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 6:40 PM

Review by manomino:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I got Mirena for 1 year and 3 months to reduce bleeding during periods, it was effective, my cycles were better but I suffered from a lot of the side effects that make my life terrible. First I never stop spotting between periods. I suffered from back pain, uterus cramps, panic attacks, stress. It really made me feel very sick. I removed it finally. Hope that things goes better.

January 28, 2015 6:01 PM

Review by gigi68 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was anemic and very low iron levels and even experienced passing out. I would bleed 10 days and couldn't control my bleeding ruining clothes chairs bed mattresses and sheets not to mention sleepless nights. I have a uterus fibroid and a few outside the uterus. I still had the Mirena placed even with the fact it may not be successful due to the fibroids. The first 3 months were spotting a lot but nothing more than a light day. 4th month seemed to have a period and spotted the whole month. I waited it out and I couldn't be happier. It is a wonderful thing. I have read a lot of negative things but its all opinions and its like trying new food, somethings you like, some you don't.

January 28, 2015 7:49 AM

Review by acne face:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Did not research the Mirena prior to my procedure so the pain of insertion was a surprise. It felt like someone was scraping the inside of my uterus with a small and very sharp knife. The Doctor jokingly said I looked as if someone just beat me up because I was tearing eyed and probably looked very angry. Had it now for two months and have been spotting and cramping everyday. I used to have pretty and clear skin. At 51 years old, I feel like a teenager with a bad pimple condition. Have an appointment this Tuesday and decided to have the Mirena removed. I will definitely research pain of removal and come prepared.

January 26, 2015 8:13 PM

Review by Shuha (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I took the emergency contraception pill almost 5 days before my ovulation. I took it within 3 hours of the mishap with the condom. I was worried sick thinking I could be pregnant. My period was meant to come on a Monday, but it came on Sunday, which was 6 days late. I was so scared, I nearly cried, but I did end up getting my period. I'm so relieved. All that stress didn't help. If you have taken the Emergency Cobtraceptive Pill, don't worry if your period is a bit delayed.

January 25, 2015 12:44 PM

Review by YetAnotherJanelle:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got my Mirena in Dec 2014. I was taking the mini pill for years. I get classic migraines and can't take estrogen birth control. I had missed some pills in Sept 2014 & had an ectopic pregnancy. Once my body recovered from that, my doc suggested Mirena. I always read "horror" stores about it, but after what I just went through, I decided to give it a try. I'm 36, with 3 kids, so not having to worry about birth control for a couple years is great. The insertion was uncomfort Level 5, but over & done quick. Spotting about a week. Periods are so light that I barely need a pad. I haven't noticed any weight gain or acne. No issues with sex & I think my libido has gone up. Thus far, I'm REALLY satisfied and wish I had done it sooner.

January 24, 2015 11:00 AM

Review by after pill works:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took it 1 hr after unprotected sex. First days no symptoms. Then I had stomach pains for about 5 days. After they went away I would wake up feeling weak and felt like throwing up when eating breakfast. After the morning I was fine all day. This all lasted for 2 weeks and period came 4 days before it was due! Thank you plan B so much. I was so stressed and scared, birth control will start asap!

January 24, 2015 10:59 AM