User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 479 reviews 11 medications

9.2
Birth Control 1004 reviews 252 medications

7.4
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 133 reviews 163 medications

Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 1616 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I really wanted to write a review on this because I saw so many people like myself who were freaking out. But this works completely! My boyfriend and I had sex 2 weeks ago and the condom ripped. According to my calendar I was most fertile that day. So I took a plan B about 30 minutes later. A week later I felt extremely weird and not like myself so I started to get paranoid that the pill didn't work. I was supposed to get my period yesterday but I woke up to nothing, except all of the symptoms of my period (back ache, stomach ache, bloated) but no blood! I got a little worried but read online that it might delay the period. Woke up this morning, and BOOM! There it was!!! This worked for me!!!"

Sal7680 August 3, 2015

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Been on Mirena IUD now 4 over 5 yrs. I got it for 2 reasons. I'm a kidney transplant patient & was/am anemic and reason two I needed birth control. I would have my period 4 weeks at a time. Exhausted & weak all the time my Doctor suggested this form of IUD. Yes, getting the insertion is not fun, it is painful for all of the minute that it takes to insert it, I have a high tolerance for pain; it does hurt but, if your a strong women (most of U R - U can do it.) U do feel sore 4 a few days. I have in the pass Yrs felt twinge of pain down there (depends on UR positions). I've gotten it check 2x since having it & going in to get it check again & see if its time for a new 1. ,Periods in beginning were lite stopping completely with in 1st Yr. I spot occasionally."

Skyi (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2015

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am a recovering heroin addict, sober now for 4 months, and had I been prepared or well informed on this whole situation I may have waited. Anyways, I am 23, never had kids, 1 abortion...and a failed pregnancy. Anyways. This was all my mom's idea, never really used bc pills because hormones made me nuts, the pain of the insertion was unbearable for me, and the ride home I felt I was going to vomit. The pain is uncomfortable, I have not experienced menstrual cramps since maybe 5th grade. Not only that, my periods were always ridiculously irregular and for a good year I never even had a period. I am sweaty, cramping, and dizzy. I am hoping this will all be over soon, ibuprofen and Tylenol I don't believe ever works. Just got today."

Jattackkk22 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex and took Plan B less than 24 hours after. A week later, I began to bleed for three days and by the fourth it was a brownish color. Im not sure if this was caused by the plan B or it's my period because I got my last period July 9th. I recently got very sick, sore throat, cough, back pains, tender breasts. I also threw up this morning. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will see if this was caused from the plan B."

Lil2222 August 3, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "THANK YOU PLAN B! This pill worked its magic on me. We had our little oops on July 31st Friday night and the next morning we immediately went out to purchase it. So I took the pill within less than 24 hours. I felt some side effects no doubt. head ache & nausea. BUT! I started my period Sunday night, which was a big relief."

Lulu B. August 3, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "My husband and I was in the heat of the moment and we slipped up he came inside me but when I felt it I pushed him off. We already have two children and at the moment can't afford another child with me joining the military it's just impossible at the moment. The next day in the afternoon so approximately 17 hours later I went out and bought the generic version of plan B (the cashier assured me it works the same) for $43 that's including tax. I felt fine after taking it the next day I felt bloated but I knew that was a side affect I just slept it off. Day 3 I didn't feel too well but I figured it was the pill taking its course. It's been a week and a half now and I just started my period 10 days early which is another side affect. Works!"

Agent Success August 3, 2015

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Thank the gods. We're not pregnant. I'm not sure if it's fair to credit this pill with saving us, because our incident happened approximately 2 days after ovulation. Nevertheless, we're saved. She experienced 2-3 days of brown discharge/spotting, which can be a sign of pregnancy (panic). but then, sure enough, her period came around on time. we're fine!"

actualperson69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Emergency Contraception: "I took take action within 6 hours if unprotected sex it gives horrible pregnancy symptoms but it works"

opps (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Emergency Contraception: "Well my boyfriend and I were fooling around. Not sex no no no. Well we were doing other things and by mistake he slipped inside me with no condom. I don't know if there was any precum. So I just went a few ago too go get too ease my mind. I am 30 by the way, boyfriend is 36. We shall see if it works. "

Dakota 22 August 3, 2015

Aftera (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Ladies n gents calm down. This stuff works I stressed myself out for a whole week about it. My gf and I had unprotected sex and I finished inside her and she was ovulating. We went and got the pill the next morning about 11 hours later and I started freaking out. It ended up she's not pregnant and I am ELATED. THE STUFF WORKS. Use it for emergencies only and I think it is dependable I hope this helps some people stressing I know I had to go to this website to calm me down too. Just wait it'll b ok"

Bh1517 August 3, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I had unprotected sex a 3-4 days after my period ended and I took the generic version of Plan B within 2 hours. I got my period yesterday, it was right on time if not a 1-2 days early. So relieved that Plan B worked for me but I will be getting on birth control ASAP. I will say though that as far as side effects, I had nausea the first few days after taking it and my breasts were really sore and tender for around 2 weeks. All in all, I certainly recommend taking this if you need it."

RisaR August 2, 2015

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Awful. I had such high hopes for it. I expected to bleed for a bit before it tapered off and regulated. I was willing to wait it out until the hormones were in my system. I bled for 5 months. Not heavy, but enough that I'd need a light tampon. I also started shedding hair at an alarming rate. Pro: Not pregnant (it's easy to not get pregnant when you aren't having sex though, due to constant bleeding) Pro: Not ultra tampon heavy like I was on paragard Con: Nonstop bleeding, bad clotting, all the damn time. Con: Hair loss"

MlsaSlv August 2, 2015

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've had my Mirena for over a month now. Insertion sucked, but I had some kind of small blockage in my cervix that the Dr had to poke through (he said most women don't have that). I bled for a couple of days after, but didn't experience any real spotting or cramping until my first period. I had to call in sick to work one day because of the pain, but it still wasn't as bad as my pre-Mirena cramping. I haven't stopped bleeding since, but it's very light. I know this can happen for the first few months, so I've committed to a full year before I start wondering if it should be removed or not. I'm very hopeful that Mirena and I will have a good, long relationship though."

cookiefiend August 2, 2015

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "The insertion of it was so painful I was shaking, sweating, and nauseous. I stood up, white washed face, totally pale and about to vomit/pass out. Prior to this, my doctor gave me three "extra-strength ibuprofen". It wasn't nearly enough, I wanted to die. After one month of solid period bleeding, writhing around in pain in the fetal position, tears streaming down my face from excruciating pain, my mother took me to the hospital. They did an ultrasound to make sure the IUD was in it's proper place and not stabbing through my uterine walls. Surprise! My body was having contractions trying to push out the IUD. I had the IUD removed the next day. It took two doses of morphine to get the pain to dull out. Horrible, horrible experience."

KelseaB (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2015

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "Everybody's personal experience is different. For me this was the most horrible pain I have ever felt in my entire life. I almost threw up as soon as they clamped my cervix. And I had to lay at the doctor's office for an 60 extra minutes. They could not give me pain medicine. And I also felt like I was going to soil myself and they had to bring in the ultrasound to make sure nothing has gone wrong. Since then I've had horrible mood swings and a weird period that has pretty much lasted for three months and have gained about 15 pounds. I am probably going to get it removed but do not want to go through the pain and still have not done it yet."

Kkjjff August 2, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Sharing my experience because I know reading these helped me. Just to start saying I am 16, within the weight, and never had any vagina problems. My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke without us knowing and he came inside of me. I took the pill about 5-7 hours after. I was so terrified I was pregnant because I didn't have any of the side effects. My period had just ended the day before this happened and I just got my period today, 5 days later. I promise you it works...just trust it!!"

nicolleee (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

Aftera (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I am 16 years old and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend about a week ago. It was not planned and it just went too far too fast. I took the morning after pill about 2 hours after and experienced an upset stomach a few hours after taking it, resulting in vomiting. I freaked out thinking that the pill was not absorbed in my bloodstream but today I just got my period (thank God) I recommend this pill but not as a regular birth control!! Don't be like me and use a condom please!"

Kaitlyn Walker (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I took this about 7-8 hours after I had unprotected sex. I was nowhere near my ovulation or fertile period, but I was still trying to be safe. My period came exactly a week later. Don't stress! It works! By the way, condoms are wayyyy cheaper than a $50 pill."

Mcdowell100305 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Honestly, when the accident happened (we were doing unprotected sex, yes... extremely stupid and I wasn't on birth control), both me and my partner were freaking out really badly about the possibility of getting pregnant. Since the accident occurred almost at 12 in the morning, we couldn't go out to get Plan B because we were traveling with family and it would've seemed too suspicious and there were no CVS around that were open so late. So the next day, at 8 in the morning I took the pills. There were some side effects like the nausea and pain but I'd rather take that over pregnancy any day being a college student right now. My period came 2 days early and a much heavier one but it worked and I am totally not complaining at all!"

12345Jamie12409328480259830954 August 1, 2015

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I read all the bad reviews n all but everybody is different. I got mine today july 31 and I am on my period so huge plus it makes cervix little loose n makes device easier to go in due to blood flow.I am a Chicken on pain or blood. But no pain I felt something clamped no pain it's just like a pap smear. I did feel some pressure on cervix but it was bearable no pain. After he was done the whole meltdown came down I stood up I felt dizzy lightheaded and weak and I saw black spots n boom I was passing out. Glad I laid down. I was sweating like crazy eyes rolling back mumbling Nurse practitioner brought fan n mins later I was fine. But I always get like that when I go 2 dr office. Its normal for me I panic n anxiety hits after not before."

jessicadiesel08 August 1, 2015

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "22, no children. So it's been about two hours since I had the Mirena inserted. I must admit that I was pretty horrified by some of the cringe-worthy reviews had seen, and I was very nervous going in today. The pain was quite awful for about 5 seconds, then I had a bit of cramping, followed by some sweating, all of which subsided rather quickly. The whole procedure couldn't have been more than 5 minutes. I'm not experiencing any pain as of right now, but I do feel a little fullness and pressure. Overall, not the nightmarish experience I had expected."

mndubose July 31, 2015

Aftera (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Listen this may put some minds at ease but if there is anything I have learned.. It's use condoms and get on the goddam pill as backup. Anyway I had to share my experience with "Aftera" which I guess is basically the same as plan B one step. I had sex June 12 with my partner. He pulled out but I started freaking out when I looked at my period tracker and realized that day was my most fertile day. Within 2 hours I went to the store... All the had was Aftera so I bought that. The next 2 weeks I had pregnancy symptoms. Nausea , head/back aches.. Fatigue, weight gain, cramps, and very TEnder boo sand nipples. I was nervous it wouldn't work since I am 340lbs. Severely over the weight limit.. But I finally got my period 3 days late. good luck all"

Smc76 July 30, 2015

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: "I am 25 and I had the Mirena inserted 4 months ago. The doctor told me I will experience slight discomfort for the first three weeks and that my bleeding may be abnormal-but what I experienced was far beyond that. The pain on ONLY my right side started to become more severe and COMPLETELY random, it woke me up at nights. I thought it was just my body getting used to the foreign device in my body, after all the doc did say it would take some time. I gave it 4 months of daily agonizing pain and many doc appointments just making sure the Mirena was in place and nothing was wrong. The doc kept me assured that everything was in place and basically hinted that I was simply being dramatic. IUD's aren't worth it to me, I'm back to pills. Too scary!"

AnastasiaFaust July 30, 2015

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "Horrible i will never take it again my stomach hurt so bad for like a week i felt super bloated and my back hurt don't recommend this pill "

Psblue July 30, 2015

Next Choice (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: "I had intercourse with my hubby if 10 years and we have 3 children already, 2 of which were from a previous relationship and one of our own. We did not want anymore children at this point in our lives. We had sex at 3-4 a.m. , at. 10 a.m I was already at the pharmacy picking up Next Choice and took it in the car with a bottle of water. 4 days later it happend again so again within hours I took the Next Choice.Upon googling wgat happens if you take 2 within a months cycle, it looked like everything was okay.when I took the pills I did not have bleeding at either time,it wasnt till about a week later my boobs got sore and i had back and leg pain and pinching like cramps.I thought a heavy period was coming but it didnt and Im pregnant......."

Now what? (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2015