Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 300 reviews 11 medications

7.5
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 1151 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Review by Lalalex (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love it! I'm 20 with a 2 month old and it was uncomfortable when I got it inserted, & I had cramps and bleeding for the first day. After that, nothing. I'm in love with it. Definitely recommend it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 7:19 PM

Review by Gator1996:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: My period usually comes on towards the end of the month. N my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 2nd and I took the pill that same day. The 8th of that month my period came on ( it came early ) n by the 15th it was still on and I was a lil worried because its been 8days that my period has been on. The 16th came and it went off but the 18th came and I started bleeding again. It's like I'm having a 2nd period

March 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Review by aubrey1996:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on my MOST FERTILE day according to a highly accurate period tracker app I've used for over a year. I took it approx 20-23 hours after, and my period came 9 days early. I cannot express how grateful I am for this pill. The only side effects I experienced were slight cramping and fatigue.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by Mir012:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I have only had the Mirena a couple of days but I really wanted to comment on the pain of insertion. Although it is very very uncomfortable type of a feeling, it was NOT excruciating pain like some people had. I'm 26, have had no kids, and am overweight (if that helps). It is over with fairly quickly, no longer than a minute or two. I felt some intense cramping and a couple of pinches of pain, but it the pain spread into just a bad cramp. Just breathe and you'll be okay. I got this put in because I was sick of breakthrough bleeding on the pill. I wasn't on my normal period when I had it inserted, but I was bleeding a fair amount. This made insertion easier.

March 19, 2015 11:53 PM

Review by r_r_b_a. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Got it November of 2014. Spotted for at least 3 months but now I'm not bleeding at all not even a period. Seems great .

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 11:22 PM

Review by Baby stopper:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Well, I'm not pregnant so it worked for me. I took Plan B 44 hrs after the incident and I was ovulating. The only side effects I had was cramping and back aches a week after I took the pill and sometimes heat flashes. I was only a day late.

March 18, 2015 4:45 PM

Review by blondiegirl22 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Condom broke on Saturday night, took Plan B One Step on Sunday afternoon. After 6 symptom-free days, I started spotting on Saturday and by Sunday my period arrived with minor cramps and light bleeding. It takes time to work so just relax and let the pill do its job! I'm also well over the weight guidelines (I'm 197lbs) but it worked for me!! Thanks Plan B!

March 17, 2015 1:28 AM

Review by PNG (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: It has been 2 weeks since I got the Mirena and I am still getting cramps, have been bleeding for 2 weeks, get mild headaches, fatigue, lower back pain. I have read good and bad reviews about Mirena. I just hope I start feeling better soon and that this works.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2015 2:40 PM

Review by Anonymous112:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Me and my girlfriend had sex and the condom broke. We went to get Plan B 7 hours later and her period came 5 days early. Don't worry, I know the wait is bad but it will come eventually. Try to worry less and everything will be alright!

March 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Review by bustitbaby25 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B 5 hours after having sex. The Condom broke while I was having sex and I didn't even know it and I was really scared. So I went to CVS and got the pill. It might cost a lot but it was worth it. Thank God for this. It's a life saver. Lord knows I can't raise no kids at this age.

March 14, 2015 9:07 PM

Review by Dana r:

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Skyla is great at prevent pregnancy however the insertion was extremely painful - worst cramps I have felt. They lasted a couple days, but it was manageable. However, I've been on this for 8 months and have been on my period non-stop. 8 months of having a period. The bleeding isn't serious, but enough to wear a tampon. I am planning to have this removed.

March 12, 2015 6:48 PM

Review by Eastofedenwestofnowhere:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Had a condom mishap Friday, took the pill Saturday and it is now Thursday (5 days later) and my period is beginning to start. However you may experience vomiting, headaches, & light nausea but it's worth it ladies it works!

March 12, 2015 10:24 AM

Review by Hyra (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I definitely recommend the Mirena as an option for birth control. I decided to get it my senior year in high school because I have goals to achieve and I did not want any babies stopping that. I started off with pills but I realized my lifestyle did not fit that. If you do not want to worry about taking a pill on time EVERYDAY, and worry about the possibilities of you becoming pregnant, get the Mirena. It didn't hurt much and now all I'm doing is spotting. Take this from a teenager, it DOES work.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2015 2:34 PM

Review by Mommabear224 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: So I got the Mirena put in in January. And so far I get headaches everyday, I feel nauseous about half the day. Basically I feel pregnant the whole time. But the Mirena is working birth control wise. Worry free sex with my husband makes up for all of the symptoms.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 11, 2015 12:15 PM

Review by karrkar:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had Mirena inserted after I had my daughter and it hurt for the first day then nothing, never felt it. Ever since I had it in I never had a period (which was nice) never had a problem with it besides I could never feel the strings but my doctor told me she cut them short on accident.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2015 4:53 PM

Review by Mishc (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got the Mirena after I had my second ( and last) child. I'd had problems with the pill, like blood clots. I had the insertion in 10-14-2007. It was a bit painful, but not unbearable. My period became lighter and non existent. So when the 5 years was up, I got another one. Same thing except for the bleeding, I now get a lot of the other symptoms. I am now 44 and if I still need one in 2017, I will get a new one.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2015 11:41 AM

Review by CRAIG AMY:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Let me say. I had some light bleeding after the first month. Now I have had no periods. I'm 41 years old. I have had the worst periods since I was 16. My mood swings have stopped and my skin is amazing. Look it up. It also helps with acne. I am so grateful. It really does work!

March 5, 2015 8:08 AM

Review by GMM214:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B 11 hours after unprotected sex. I had very mild cramps a few hours after taking the pill. My period came 2 weeks after, heavier than usual and lasted 8 days. This pill really works.

March 3, 2015 9:21 AM

Review by Anonymousddddd:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Had a condom mishap with my boyfriend, it popped and I took this pill probably almost 20 hours later I fell asleep, woke up and I had my period. So I probably would have been fine without it but I'm so glad I took it. I know they work from friend experience. Don't stress like I did,

March 1, 2015 5:31 PM

Review by guess flower:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B an hour after having sex. I was so worried cause they say it doesn't work for over weight people but it does. I'm 190lbs and it worked for me. I got my period two weeks later after taking it. Thank God!

March 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Review by armz (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: This is the 4th time I take Plan B over a course of 3 years. And not once has it failed me. The most recent time I took it was 2 days after unprotected sex. I was really worried of it not working this time since it was the longest I had gone without taking it. I got my period on time today. This pill works miracles.

February 28, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by Relieved 18 year old (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: So, there's always that story where the condom broke. My story is the same story. My boyfriend and I were using protection because I can absolutely not get pregnant, and then the worst thing happens; it breaks. right after we were done we noticed and immediately started freaking out. Who wouldn't in our case? about 20-30 minutes later I took the pill, but I still had to wait 16 days for my period. A little less then a week, though, I started! I didn't seem to have any side affects, but that's just me. I have never been more happy to see mother nature making her daily visit.

February 27, 2015 7:42 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: OK so pretty much a few days out of each month I would spot very light, no cramps. For the first 6months. Thr first two months i was kind of heavy but it would subside really quickly. After that some months I wouldn't even spot at all. The procedure hurt a little. But that was to be expected. Overall I'm happy with it. Barely any cramps.

February 26, 2015 1:11 PM

Review by Jamski (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Mirena inserted 2-23. I am an active almost 30 year old who has problems with heavy periods and very painful crams. I was not on birth control before this. The insertion itself was a nuisance but tolerable. That was 3 days ago and since, I have experienced minor cramping with some spotting. I have had a gassy/bloated feeling since with lose stool. Yuck. My stomach is making some weird noises too. The real pain is the headaches and dizzy spells. Never in my life has a medication made me dizzy like this. My mood overall is pretty damn great considering I am always a little over-emotional. I have also had an increased sex drive but maybe this is due to some external factor I'm not thinking of. I hope I don't gain weight.

February 26, 2015 11:57 AM

Review by michelle ann alias:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm 19 and have a 1 year old daughter I've had it close to a year and it's great, didn't hurt too bad to have it put in. Cramps for about 2 days off and on then stopped my period. I got it put in because I was super moody from my last birth control and constantly bleeding and now it's been awesome. Besides lately I've had lower back pain that won't go away and I haven't gained weight but I also can't seem to lose weight.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate