User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 238 reviews 25 medications

7.3
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 1023 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Review by AceR11:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex one night realizing the next day that a condom was not in the picture. After light freaking out I went to buy the Plan B pill. I've taken it once before almost 3 years ago before it was on the shelf. When I took it this time I had some very noticeable side effects. Cramping, stomach pain, tiredness, dizziness, nausea, lack of appetite but I would go through all of it again if it meant no kids. This pill works and I would recommend it to anyone

November 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by Postpartumgirl:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: For anyone who is freaking out. I am only 5 weeks postpartum imagine that. Had sex 2-3 days after period condom broke. Next day (less then 24 hours) I took plan B now it's been a week later and I'm bleeding and cramping! From what I see its normal and hopefully a good sign I'm not pregnant again!

November 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by Teenager2015:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Amaccc (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend and I had to use this contraceptive twice. Both times it WORKED! I'm only a teenager so this was very important because I didn't have the money to support a baby nor did she. It was a very grueling month waiting for her period to come but it did. Her period did come about 4 days late. But if you do take it within the time, I had her take it 30 minutes before both times and it should be bound to work.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Natasha j:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I wanted to share my experience with the procedure. I am 19 and never have had kids. When they put in the Mirena it didn't hurt like many women on the review said. It felt like a quick cramp and then it was all over with. It's been about three days, and so far I have had light cramping about 3 times a day and spotting.

November 18, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by Anonymous2483 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: To all of you freaking out right now try to relax. Just like many others I was really scared that I got my girlfriend pregnant after we had unprotected sex. She took the pill about 26 hours after the incident, her period came on time and she didn't have any major side effects. The pill works!

November 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by renee5710:

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: In May of 2010 I went into labor at 20 weeks but other than that I do not have any kids. I typically have a high pain tolerance but when I went and got the Skyla put in I started having contractions. This lasted for about 30 minutes and of course did not feel very good. I cramped for the rest of the day, but other than that haven't had any "difficulties". I was on the depo shot for 2+ years and my periods had gone away. I've had light bleeding with the Skyla and was told this was normal. I've only been on it for a little over a month now but I've noticed that past few weeks I have been SUPER hungry. I'm not sure if this is because my "periods" are coming back or what, but I'm hoping this goes away.

November 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by kacielynn (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've gained alot of weight

November 9, 2014 6:13 PM

Review by ricecakes (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex on October 27 and took the pill 12 hours after because I realized I missed a pill the day before I had sex. I had knee pains right after taking it. I heard that if you are over 175 that the pill may not work (im about 240). 6 days after taking the pill I started having back pains and cramps on that day I also had a situation that made me emotional. Luckily my period came on as scheduled.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 10:00 AM

Review by Jess808:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am 19 years old, no kids and the insertion was painful. I love Mirena, probably the best decision I've made in my life. Super effective, no side effects, and I have actually lost weight. I think everyone should try Mirena birth control.

November 8, 2014 1:46 PM

Review by Courtneylars (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: While I enjoy not having a period and knowing I am protected from pregnancy without having to take a pill everyday I am having my Mirena removed Thursday. I have only had it 6.5 months and in that time I have had a constant dull back pain, uncontrollable acne and I have also gained 25 pounds. Mirena is just not for me.

November 3, 2014 12:59 PM

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Long story short: It was my first time, the condom broke, and I was terrified. The next day (6 days ago), I bought the pill ($50.00) and took it as soon as I got home (approx. 26 hours after the incident). I had no side effects, which kinda freaked me out more because I thought it wasn't working, but I started bleeding last night, (my period ended 8 days ago) so I'm guessing it worked. I will take a test later to make sure.

October 31, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Anon87339:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Last month I took a Plan B pill about 12 hours after my accident. And I got my period a week early. I did have bad cramps, but the flow was normal. This month my period is about 8 days late. I have really tender breasts, and I get cramps on and off all day. If I am pregnant it's not because Plan B failed. I read other forums and people were saying that their second period after Plan B was either later or didn't come.

October 29, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: 22, no kids. LOVE. The insertion was painful, I took two ibuprofen 30 minutes prior like my gyno directed.Thanks to the most supportive nurse and nurse aid insertion went smoothly, I was in and out in an hour. After a week of discomfort and 2 months of getting an irregular period I now no longer have a period. This is a miracle device, no kids and no aunts for 5 years.

October 27, 2014 1:53 PM

Review by KJ1116 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm 40 years old with two teenaged children. I was tired of taking a birth control pill daily, and had trouble remembering to take it sometimes. I had the Mirena inserted last month, and it was a painless procedure. I had some minor cramping for the first day or two, but no bleeding. I did not get my period this month and I'm hoping I don't get one ever again! I highly recommend Mirena.

October 27, 2014 2:50 AM

Review by Mary by:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Make sure you take the pill within 24 hours! I took the pill 1 hour after my mishap. I had small cramps a few days later and a week after taking the pill I spotted for about half a day then a light period started right after.. it lasted only a few days. I usually have light periods anyways. This pill works just try not to stress and take if as soon as possible.

October 22, 2014 12:27 AM

Review by karunga:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had the Mirena inserted 7 months ago was a little painful and discomfort for a couple of minutes, but if you have been through normal child birth if you can handle that pain you can handle anything. After the insert of the Mirena which my doctor recommended because I was suffering from heavy menstrual bleeding and would last up 2 weeks. I spotted a little after insertion and was also cramping the next day was all gone about a week after insertion wham the bleeding was full on for about 1-2 weeks then it would stop a few days then wham bleeding again. It was constant 1 week stop another few days. I was so frustrated, so was my hubby. Now everything has settled we are all different, you have to be patient.

October 19, 2014 4:12 AM

Review by jessierobinson:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Love love love it... coming up on year 5 and about to have it replaced. Tiny pinch getting it placed my periods were painful and heavy before and well I haven't had a period in 3 years. I lightly spot for a day or less every month when I can feel changes and a period is supposed to be present. No weight gain no moodiness higher sex drive.. only one down is that my husband says he can feel a sharp poke when he penetrated deeply. Reason being the ob that placed it cut the threads too short so instead of wrapping around the cervix they stick out straight. .. also some cramping after sex on occasion

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 12:37 AM

Review by VanessaGeee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took this pill after 24 hours of the accident. 5 days later I got what they say is a "Plan B Period" even though I got that I was still stressing think of the what if's, the next month my period was late 7 days late in fact but it eventually came. I am so thankful for this pill. What I learned is don't stress if you take the pill directed you will be fine. The only down side was I got extremely tired

October 16, 2014 6:28 AM

Review by ironside88 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: This amazing device has well and truly changed my life. I used to suffer from extremely heavy periods with cramps and sickness that meant I had to take a minimum of half a day off work a month. I now barely have periods and no longer have to plan my life around those few days each month. I have only given it a 9 because it was pretty painful to insert, otherwise I would have definitely given 10.

October 14, 2014 5:06 PM

Review by lola la:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I'm so happy Plan B helped me! I took a pill after 30 hours unprotected sex and I had my period in a week.

October 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Katinna:

For Emergency Contraception: I admit I was sooo worried! I've only taken Plan B once, back when it was two pills..this time it was one pill and I had to get the generic brand, Take Action, But it WORKS JUST AS GOOD! I did do my research, and I asked the pharmacist was it just as efficient, he assured me it was the same exact pill as Plan B just a few dollars cheaper! I paid 46$ and it was WORTH IT! Im so thankful, I experienced mild cramps and bloating. My period started 5 days after taking Take Action and boy was I happy to see her! Its' a little heavy and my cramps are out of this world! But ladies it Works! Please don't worry yourselves like I did this week!

October 6, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I've taken it twice and it has worked both times! I had horrible cramps both times, but it is worth it. dont second guess it, if you think you need it buy it. it should work

October 6, 2014 2:02 AM