User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 246 reviews 25 medications

7.4
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 1037 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Review by Patchgurl86:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had Mirena inserted 3 yrs ago. Only a little cramping after insertion, periods stop within 2 months, no acne but a little lower back pain and weight gain. Mirena is still worth it though. Very happy with this product.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by youngandwildandfree (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got the Mirena inserted about 4 days ago on the first day of my period. Since I'm 19 I got it for free at a teen clinic! I experienced bad cramping with insertion because I have not had a child, but it was nothing I haven't felt before. I have a heavy menstrual flow so I bled and cramped a lot the first three days, but now it's day 5 and I am not even spotting at all. Obviously it's soon to tell if I'll have other symptoms or irregular bleeding but so far the process has been a breeze for me and I love my Mirena!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2014 12:50 PM

Review by Deliciousjello:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: IT WORKS! I took it one hour after the condom broke and had my period 5 days later! If you take it sooner than 24 hours, you're absolutely guaranteed that it'll work! So stop worrying. You may have more discomforts than normal, but actually, I had no cramps at all and no aching! I always had them for the first two days. Lucky me! Ladies, it works.

December 6, 2014 11:54 AM

Review by NotReady:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex the day before ovulation. I wasn't aware at that time I was extremely fertile. I took Plan B within 6 hours after intercourse. I can't lie, I absolutely knew I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms. I was nauseated, headaches, swollen breasts, and I cramped daily. I was so ecstatic to see my period come on the same day it was expected! Birth control pills will be started today! Thanks Plan B!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Review by fashionlover36 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took this Pill in September after a condom slipped. I got my period on time. I then had to take it two times in October after two mishaps. I bled the week after I took the pills. I never got my period on my exact due date. I got it at the end of November. So girls if your worried you might not get it you will. Just take it on time and right away. I am now going to to get put on the Pill and make sure I have a condom when I have sex. It was a lot of money but worth it. You don't know how happy I was to see my period.

December 3, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by anonymous1000:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I used to get cramps so terribly painful that at 24 years old, I was begging my doctors to approve a hysterectomy. This had been an ongoing issue for me. I finally got the Mirena as recommended by a friend and I don't get my period anymore. Only downside is that on rare occasions, I do experience cramping after heavy exercise. I didn't gain weight and no negative side effects to report on really. I would recommend this to every woman.

December 1, 2014 2:45 PM

Review by DanieM2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I went on Skyla on 9.17.14 the experience has been okay just a few side effects I wasn't fully aware of. 1. I gained 10 pounds in one month. I got really odd cravings and was also very hungry all of a sudden. 2. My hair started shedding in clumps but that has slowed down tremendously. 3. I still get cramps maybe not a heavy flow but still crazy cramps during my time of the month. Other then these three. Things have been pretty good.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 1, 2014 12:30 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: It did not work.

November 29, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by BurkT (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had Mirena placed in on September 12,2014. I just had my second child in July 2014 so the insertion was not painful! I liked the concept of having Mirena but now that I have it, I have not stopped bleeding since!!! I can't have sex ever because I am always spotting! It is just annoying!! I am really considering getting it removed! I would much rather have my period once a month then bleed every single day!!

November 26, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by Katie515515:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I chose Mirena because The Pill became too expensive to buy every month. I was happy to find out my insurance paid for 100% of the costs! I only cramped for about two weeks after, and those were very mild, but I don't have a history of cramps either. I do not have a period anymore (which is great for saving $ on tampons!) although I do still have some symptoms of PMS each month. The only downside I have to say about it is that because Mirena doesn't have the same hormones as The Pill, my acne isn't being regulated like it was before, but it's definitely not unmanageable.

November 26, 2014 10:23 AM

Review by AceR11:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex one night realizing the next day that a condom was not in the picture. After light freaking out I went to buy the Plan B pill. I've taken it once before almost 3 years ago before it was on the shelf. When I took it this time I had some very noticeable side effects. Cramping, stomach pain, tiredness, dizziness, nausea, lack of appetite but I would go through all of it again if it meant no kids. This pill works and I would recommend it to anyone

November 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by Postpartumgirl:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: For anyone who is freaking out. I am only 5 weeks postpartum imagine that. Had sex 2-3 days after period condom broke. Next day (less then 24 hours) I took plan B now it's been a week later and I'm bleeding and cramping! From what I see its normal and hopefully a good sign I'm not pregnant again!

November 24, 2014 1:52 AM

Review by Teenager2015:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I were celebrating my acceptance to my dream school, whenever we realized the condom broke. He hadn't came yet, but we were still worried. I took the plan B pill on the day of my ovulation. I wasn't sure what to expect with it. I ended up not having many side effects, and my period came on the day that it was due. I was super worried, but try not to stress. The pill does work :)

November 23, 2014 6:01 PM

Review by js0814 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Took the pill about 22 hours after our condom broke. I personally had no bad side effects. Got my period 5 days after I took the pill, much earlier than expected but a huge relief! All the horror stories I heard made me afraid to take the pill, but if it's an emergency Plan B is a very responsible and safe choice.

November 22, 2014 9:55 PM

Review by NotAMomForNow (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I decided to share my experience because reading these while I was desperate waiting for my period really helped me! Girls, it works! Condom broke and I was ovulating. I took the pill within 1 hour and I got my period 5 days later! I had some cramps but it was all. So, just relax and wait. It works.

November 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Review by Alena g:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I've taken it two times and it has worked wonders. I will be HONEST, for my first time I was so worried because I didn't take it 24 or 48 hours after unprotected sex... I took it almost 72 hours where the efficiency decreases and was very very worried. I don't advise this but I will tell you right now I did NOT get pregnant! My second time I took it within 12 hours of unprotected sex. I do not want to risk with prolonging the time anymore but this pill is definitely reassuring! Stay safe ladies.

November 21, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by Amaccc (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend and I had to use this contraceptive twice. Both times it WORKED! I'm only a teenager so this was very important because I didn't have the money to support a baby nor did she. It was a very grueling month waiting for her period to come but it did. Her period did come about 4 days late. But if you do take it within the time, I had her take it 30 minutes before both times and it should be bound to work.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Natasha j:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I wanted to share my experience with the procedure. I am 19 and never have had kids. When they put in the Mirena it didn't hurt like many women on the review said. It felt like a quick cramp and then it was all over with. It's been about three days, and so far I have had light cramping about 3 times a day and spotting.

November 18, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by Anonymous2483 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: To all of you freaking out right now try to relax. Just like many others I was really scared that I got my girlfriend pregnant after we had unprotected sex. She took the pill about 26 hours after the incident, her period came on time and she didn't have any major side effects. The pill works!

November 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Review by Take Action:

For Emergency Contraception: My girlfriend took Take Action exactly 48 hours after unprotected sex. She would have most likely been pregnant if it were not for the pill. She was not on birth control. She had almost no side effects and her period seemed like it would never come. Finally her period came about a month after she took the pill. I believe that the pill reset her cycle, even though it says it will only delay it 1-2 weeks. The pill does work. (My girlfriend is 16, 125 lbs).

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 12:06 AM

Review by Demi167178:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: The incident happened 5 days ago. I was really nervous and paranoid of what to expect since it was my first time. 13 hours later, I took the pill and took a nap. I woke up with tender breasts, sharp abdominal cramps, body aches all over, fatigue, and I was nauseated. This lasted for 2 days but it was a week of emotions and mood swings. Nothing that I could not handle though. I was not due for another week, however, I woke up with my period today. I was very relieved and I'm thankful to take immediate action. I would not recommend taking it all over again but in inevitable situations, this really helped.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by JadedJade87:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had the Mirena for almost a year and it was effective with pregnancy but I had horrible mood swings, I was bloated and although I didn't have a period each month I constantly spotted especially during sex which was a huge turn off for my partner and I. It did not do well with my body and it was uncomfortable for him during sex.

November 10, 2014 7:50 PM

Review by renee5710:

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: In May of 2010 I went into labor at 20 weeks but other than that I do not have any kids. I typically have a high pain tolerance but when I went and got the Skyla put in I started having contractions. This lasted for about 30 minutes and of course did not feel very good. I cramped for the rest of the day, but other than that haven't had any "difficulties". I was on the depo shot for 2+ years and my periods had gone away. I've had light bleeding with the Skyla and was told this was normal. I've only been on it for a little over a month now but I've noticed that past few weeks I have been SUPER hungry. I'm not sure if this is because my "periods" are coming back or what, but I'm hoping this goes away.

November 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Review by kacielynn (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I've gained alot of weight

November 9, 2014 6:13 PM

Review by ricecakes (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex on October 27 and took the pill 12 hours after because I realized I missed a pill the day before I had sex. I had knee pains right after taking it. I heard that if you are over 175 that the pill may not work (im about 240). 6 days after taking the pill I started having back pains and cramps on that day I also had a situation that made me emotional. Luckily my period came on as scheduled.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate