User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 205 reviews 24 medications

7.3
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 971 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Review by NotPregnant2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Plan B works! I took it exactly 36 hours later after having sex (without protection). Honestly I didn't get any side effects besides a heavier period. My period came 2 weeks later after taking the pill and I also experienced some cramping. But that was it. I'm so thankful for this pill.

August 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by lilshorty:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had Mirena for a little over 2 years now and I love it. I got it after my 2nd child. I did not feel any pain or cramping when the doctor inserted Mirena. I have been on the patch, the pill, Depo-Provera way before I got Mirena. I am 28 years old and in a few more years I am going to get this one again. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

August 21, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by AlyJordan:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I have used Plan B a few times and it helps me feel confident knowing there is a back up plan in preventing pregnancy. It is expensive but well worth the money. The only side effects I experienced with this pill is irregular period and right after I take the pill my stomach aches.

August 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Laurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: It works. However 30 minutes after I took it, I had very sharp cramps. I started my period 2 weeks later, and it was the worst period ever. It was extremely heavy, long, I had horrible headaches and cramps, and it made my period look like real blood like I had been cut or something. I wouldn't recommend using it often. That being said, yes it does work but I hope I don't ever have to use it again.

August 18, 2014 1:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: For those are you who are scared or anxious about the Plan B pill, I just wanted to reassure you from personal experience that it WORKS, and isn't necessarily full of side effects either. I took Plan B and the only side effect I felt was a little bit of moodiness for a couple of days- otherwise, NO physical side effects at all. Also, my period came exactly on time and didn't feel any different than my past periods! However, I would advise that you definitely should take it within 24 hours, if you can. Although it says 72 hours, the pill mainly works to prevent ovulation- if you wait too long to take it, you may risk ovulating BEFORE you take it, lessening the main effectiveness of the pill.

August 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Meagan555:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Well, Plan B worked. It worked and here we are a year later, no baby. However, the side effects are HORRIBLE. I threw up 3 times a day for a week, bled heavily, and had cramps so bad I couldn't get out of bed. But, hey. Discomfort for a week or two or an unplanned pregnancy?

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by LilKate:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I've taken this 2-3 times. The first few times mild cramping occurred but nothing major. The most recent occurance resulted in cramps immediately afterwards and bleeding, I mean heavy period type, 5 days after I took it, a mere 2 weeks after I had started my last cycle. The bleeding lasted about 4 days. I thought perhaps it had reset my cycle but nope, got my "normal" period a few days early and it has been the most painful and heaviest I've experienced in some time. Obviously Plan B works, although I have no idea whether or not I was even at risk of being pregnant. Just know it will possibly upset your cycle.

August 11, 2014 5:27 PM

Review by Xel123:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Had sex on the 7th of August. Took Plan B about 23 hours after from the intercourse. Haven't gotten my period yet because I'm not supposed to be due until the 20th of August but a major side effect that I've been experiencing is a MAJOR amount of tiredness and exhaustion! When I got home from work the day after I took the pill, I went upstairs around 9pm to sleep and woke up the next day around 1pm. I wake up extremely exhausted and my feet start to get tired as well. Also I barely ever hungry anymore... I'm 18 years old so this is very unusual for a teen... Hopefully my period comes soon.

August 10, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by planbuser1000:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: This pill works! Don't read these reviews 24 hrs a day like I did. I was so scared and worried myself sick but it works. I was on birth control but didn't take it at the same times. (wasn't using as contraception, more to regulate periods). Period ended June 22nd. Incident on night June 24th, took pill June 25th, 5 hrs after incident. Withdrawal bleeding July 1-8. Regular period was supposed to come July 13, I got it one day early on the 12th. So basically two weeks of bleeding in a month. Even after that, it was heavy but I was worried about implantation and all that. But I got my next period August 8th and it is two days early according to my birth control packet, but right on time if I counted 28 day cycle! THIS WORKS. TRUST IT!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by Relieved Boyfriend:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I'm writing this for people who I know are probably trying to find relief in this reviews, and I did the same thing so I'm gonna offer my experience to help them out. Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, I was nervous so she took the Plan B about 26-28 hours and then the terrible waiting began. About day 7 and 8 she started spotting and cramping and then finally, on the 9th day she got her period. So relax, because this pill is very effective.

August 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Angieee:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: You might be looking at this review page to reassure yourself. Well let me just say it worked perfectly well for me. I took this pill after about 2 hours. I took the pill for reassurance for me. We didn't completely full on have unprotected sex. Things just got carried away and he had been inside me for no longer than 1 minute. No ejaculation. No nothing. But of course, me being a paranoid person, I just have to make sure nothing would happen. Took it and noticed that within an hour or so I felt achy and tired. Let me add that this all happened just a couple days before I was expecting my period. Couple days go by and I received my period today! I probably didn't need it but it helped calm my nerves.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by not pregnant! (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: This pill works! Trust it. I took it 34 hours after a condom slip. I experienced tiredness, BLOATING and minor abdominal discomfort, not so much as pain. I started spotting then it completely stopped for two days but nonetheless my period came! three days earlier then I expected and a lot heavier then normal but it came! Trust this pill it is a miracle worker. Take the pill between the 72 hour time frame, relax and hope for the best! 55 dollars is nothing compared to the cost of getting pregnant! Best of luck ladies!

August 4, 2014 8:00 PM

Review by Dont stress (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 2 weeks after my period around the time I would have ovulated 3 days later I bled for 3 days and when I should have gotten my period. I didn't I was 18 days late! But if you count from when I took Plan B to when I got my period it was a month so I think it just reset my period, it worked but the waiting was not fun.

August 3, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by veex3:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Girls!! Let me tell you all that this pill DOES WORK! So if you are reading this worried sick about becoming pregnant? Don't. I repeat Don't! I took it five mins after unprotected sex on July 18 and today I got my period .

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 11:58 PM

Review by orangecj18:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I am 51. Had it inserted 2 years ago. I never felt a thing. Did not take ibuprofen prior to. It was quick and painless. I bled for a couple weeks after. Slight cramping for a few days. I do still spot. Nothing major. Gained a few that I can't drop. That's my age too. Not to blame Mirena. Very glad I did it. Should also take me through menopause. Positive experience.

July 31, 2014 9:46 PM

Review by 1234dj:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I'm writing this review to the girls that are exactly like me, reading everything possible about Plan B, worrying myself sick searching about all the possibilities of pregnancy, etc. On July 6th I took Plan B. And let me tell you I was worried I'm only 16 and I definitely can't handle a baby. On the 11th I got what I thought was my period, regular flow, lasted 4 days but then I kept reading about breakthrough bleeding so that made me worry even more since there was still a possibility of pregnancy. I would keep reading about breakthrough bleeding and how I should get my period around my regular time more than likely a week later. Well I usually get my period on the 25th and yesterday the 29th I finally got it! So breathe everything will be fine.

July 30, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by Dechbbddsdgb kkkjgfd:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took it about an hour after having sex, because the condom broke. I'm on birth control but haven't been taking it on time. I took it as an extra precaution and had my period a few days late. I got my period and I have been throwing up and have had the worst back pains ever. I have never felt so horrible. I haven't kept any food down and started also having diarrhea. It's the worst pain I think I've ever gone through.

July 30, 2014 1:42 PM

Review by jbug20:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took this approximately 48 hours after unprotected sex while I was ovulating. I felt fine after taking the pill. A few days before my period was due I experienced major mood swings, bloating, cramps and sore breasts. These symptoms lasted the few days before I was due and then the symptoms stopped on the actual day I was due. But no period. Needless to say I was freaking out! (This is why I am writing this to help others from freaking) -- I was supposed to start on a Friday. Then Saturday rolls around, then Sunday and no period... Just really, really sore breasts on Sunday. That Monday evening I finally started and had breast tenderness, cramps, headache, tiredness... But atleast I started - 3 (longest days of my life) days late.

July 28, 2014 10:39 PM

Review by Qwertyuiopg:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I didn't think I'd be writing this but I realized there's probably a lot of scared women/men out there who need some help. IT WORKS. IT TAKES TIME BUT IT WORKS! Stressing out was the worst mistake during this because it will cause your period to delay even more. It made me depressed and the cramps are terrible. But once I woke up and went pee this morning there it was. I've never been so happy to see my period!! Exactly a week after I had taken Plan B one step it had finally came. My advice is to be patient and do things to get it off of your mind. Looking at good reviews really helped me out!

July 28, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by R.c. 999:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Had a situation with my boyfriend when the condom broke, he was very concerned and made me promise to take Plan B. I was hesitant because I knew I had already ovulated that month and reacted terribly when I tried to start taking birth control so I worried about side effects from hormones, but I know it is better to be safe so I went and bought it the next morning. I took the pill and for the first two days the only side effect I felt was extreme fatigue. Now about one week later my skin is breaking out, anxiety is at an all time high, my breasts are very sore and I'm nauseous on and off. (All typical for me before I get my period) I'm now 3 days late on my period but I can tell it will start soon. Apparently it can mess up your cycle.

July 27, 2014 2:27 AM

Review by Nora27:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took it after not using a condom just 4 days after my normal period. Later that day I felt sick, emotional, and dizzy. The next day I felt better. The second day I felt sick again, dizzy, nauseas, lower abdomen cramps, and very emotional. I woke up feeling depressed, then by the afternoon it turned to feeling edgy and angry like very intense PMS that I've never experienced before. On the fifth day after taking it I started my period which lasted 5 days with heavy- to normal period bleeding. Then it tapered off to low flow spot bleeding, noticeable most when urinating or sex. Some days it's heavier than others, this is still going on 7 days after the 2nd period. It worked but it's miserable.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 9:35 PM

Review by Sare:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: The Mirena was a really good decision that I made. But getting it inserted was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life. The pain was so bad when the doctor was inserting it I thought I was going to pass out. I bled for a few days after it was in, minor spotting but very intense cramps. I got it almost a month ago and I am just starting to spot a little again now, so assuming this is my period that are normally very extreme due to my blood disease I have and not being able to clot, the Mirena is working well for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 4:21 PM

Review by Anonymous34:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 36 hours after unprotected sex. I literally was SO scared I would get pregnant and googled everything on Plan B way too much. I'm on birth control but hadn't been taking it at the same time recently. I had symptoms throughout that I was paranoid were pregnancy symptoms like random cramping, lower back pain, and sore breasts. My nipples were always hard! But exactly 3 weeks later, today, I got my period!! It is a few days later than when I usually have it, Don't worry, it works! Trust it.

July 25, 2014 2:02 AM

Review by Mstke1:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took the pill within an hour after having unprotected sex. It was my first time. I was so freaked out. But now, I write this as my Aunt Flow is in town. Super happy. I was only a day late too, and cramping was normal so no complaints.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by Anonymous25:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B about 36 hours after unprotected sex. I literally was SO scared I would get pregnant and googled everything on Plan B way to much. I'm on birth control but hadn't been taking it at the same time. I had symptoms throughout that, I was paranoid was pregnancy symptoms like random cramping, lower back pain, and sore breasts. But exactly 3 weeks later, today, I got my period. It is a few days later than when I usually have it, Don't worry, it works! Trust it.

July 24, 2014 11:34 AM