Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 219 reviews 25 medications

7.3
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 991 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Review by teeny83:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took plan B years ago when it was 2 pills never had any issues. In March 2011 I took it again and it was only 1 pill, I ended up getting pregnant (he was my miracle baby) I couldn't be happier. I took it again 1 week and starting bleeding very badly on Sat.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2014 2:34 PM

Review by Life-changing!:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love, love, love Mirena. I had my first one put in when I was 21 due to debilitating periods, and I hadn't had any kids. Not going to lie - the pain was truly horrible upon insertion, and I did cramp for weeks afterwards, but after that cleared up 5 years of no periods changed my life. I just had my second one put in yesterday and it was nowhere near as traumatic as the first time since my hormones had leveled out. I HIGHLY recommend it for women who don't want/can't take high estrogen birth control or would like to stop their periods safely. It's been absolutely life-changing for me, and I hope Mirena and other IUD's continue to gain popularity as people see how great they really can be.

September 19, 2014 11:07 PM

Review by terrible emotions:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Plan B definitely helps with not getting pregnant but the emotional level is TERRIBLE. I react super bad to hormones so this has been a nightmare.

September 17, 2014 9:20 PM

Review by Wee:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: So me & a friend got really drunk & we ended up having sex, which I only have flashbacks of. He doesn't remember anything so I chose to tell him we didn't do it because I didn't want him to know he was the one who took my virginity. So I took the pill about 40 hours after, I was extremely scared!! Only thinking the worst. Then 7 long days later, I got my period!!! I had really bad cramping. I wanted to share my story because a lot of yours helped me calm my nerves! Xoxo

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 7:16 PM

Review by Imnotagirl:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I may not be a female, but trust me, this works! Me and my girlfriend have used this pill at least 2 times already, and we still don't have a baby! The sooner you take it, the higher chance there is of not becoming pregnant. So if you're reading this all worried, then don't be! Just buy the pill, and drink it! It worked for my girlfriend.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by wyo lyd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Skyla (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got the Skyla IUD put in in the beginning of May 2014 due to my inability to take combined hormonal birth control of any sort due to major migraines and mood swings. My first two periods after insertion gave me the most terrible cramps, but have since lightened up a lot as has my period flow. It messed with my sex drive for a while, but that seems to have evened out as well. The only real downside that I can tell is the 3 or so days of spotting after my period, but that has slowly been disappearing as well. I would honestly suggest the Skyla to anyone after all my terrible experiences with other birth controls this has been a major God send.

September 12, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by Tlp123 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Missed a birth control pill on the 9th day of my packet and took Plan B 24 hrs later. The condom split during sex 4 days later and I really panicked and took the morning after pill 14 hours later. I had every pregnancy symptom you could imagine I had myself convinced I was! I'm only 18 and was so scared of what might happen, but my withdrawal bleed came today one day early, although it is lighter than it usually is.. Rest assured this pill really works don't worry yourself sick like I did.

September 11, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by Kay888:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B 10 hours after having unprotected sex with my boyfriend and for two days I was nauseous, and I had no appetite, but that passed. A week later, I got my period but it was extremely heavy with blood clots, but I'd rather have a heavy flow than a baby.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by v.rodriguez (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 5 days before I was supposed to get my period. I went to go buy emergency contraception after 48 hours. Some symptoms I experienced were breast pains or tenderness, tiredness, and I did break out. Don't worry I was paranoid too since I took it after 48 hours. I was researching all day if this pill does work. Well it did for me. I did get my period 8 days late. But, I got it.

September 9, 2014 5:54 PM

Review by Vikki-Carmina (taken for less than 1 month):

For Emergency Contraception: Let me start off by saying this can happen to anyone. I'm a nurse. On 8/31 my boyfriend's condom broke. He noticed & pulled out right before he ejaculated. Although I didn't think I was pregnant,12 hours later I took the My Choice brand contraceptive. The only side effects I had were achy soreness in my shoulders, little bit of nausea, and exhaustion (but I was up all night worrying if I could become pregnant so I have to factor that in too). Being a RN, I researched the medication, it's side effects, etc. I also purchased Midol & chewable Pepto Bismal---great investment! First sign of a side effect I took the correlating med. Worked like a charm! Today is 9/8, was spotting but it's gotten heavier so it works! I'm 2 weeks early!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by ParanoidasHell:

My Way (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I'm going to start this off by saying I was that girl who searched up every ache or pain I was having to see if it was a sign of pregnancy. I worried myself sick (I'm only 18 and leaving for my first year of college in a few weeks) I take regular birth control for acne but I wasn't very consistent. I had sex for the first time with my boyfriend and the condom broke, just our luck. Me being paranoid made him run out to the local Pharmacy and buy My Way and I took it within 4 hours of the incident. I had nausea for about a week, I was fatigued, my breasts were extremely sore after about 3 weeks, I had cramping and lower stomach pain. My period was about a week late, but I got it! RELAX. This pill works! Trust me!

September 5, 2014 5:49 AM

Review by OddAud:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I had my Mirena inserted exactly a year ago at the age of 56. Now 57 and still no menopause in sight. In fact I just got my period today. Granted its lighter than it was before Mirena but out of the last year, I have at least spotted almost every day. June was a good month for me with my first skipped period and no spotting. July one day of spotting. Went for my Pap smear in August, told my GYN that it looks like maybe this thing is finally working, started spotting that night and never stopped for the entire last month. I give up. I do give Mirena a 7 though because my periods are lighter, albeit right on time every month, unfortunately. I will keep it inserted as it is now about what I know.

September 4, 2014 12:18 PM

Review by NYCGirl729:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: Mirena gave me my life back. Ever since I hit puberty at 11 years old I have had horrible, very heavy, very painful periods . Around 18 I was diagnosed with Endometriosis. I would miss school, work, have to double layer my clothes when i slept it was horrible. I tried every birth control out there including Seasonique, The NuvaRing, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Depo-Provera, Loestrin, Lybrel, if you name it I've tried it. Nothing worked. I started having periods that would last for 2-3 weeks. Finally I tried Mirena, having it put in was painful- but bearable. The first 6 weeks I had cramps and spotting. After that nothing. I get a very light 2-3 day period now and then. No cramps. It's amazing and gave me my life back. I'm so thankful for it!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by akk99222212:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got my Mirena almost 6 months ago now and I absolutely love it. I read so many reviews that made me hesitate to get it - it took me months to decide which birth control to get, but my Dr recommended this so I trusted her. I have had 1 child previously, 2 years ago now, so I think that helped make my experience smooth. I took some ibuprofen before getting it put in and there was discomfort but nothing unbearable. I spotted and had irregular periods for the first 2 months, it was really annoying. Then I spotted occasionally for another two months or so. My periods have stopped completely now so it was worth it. Also, the cramping was not bad at all. Nothing more than the moderate period pains I used to get. And my partner never notices it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by WhatARelief:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: THIS WORKS. I had no doubt in my mind about that! So basically my boyfriend and I are always using protection but about 5 days ago that condom slipped off. About 12 hours later we bought Plan B and I took it. I was due for my period like 2 days after but it never came. After what felt like the longest 5 days ever, I finally got it today! So don't worry, periods are often delayed by this. Anyways, this saved our lives. Whew!

August 30, 2014 3:26 PM

Review by DianeAshley34:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took the pill twice. I didn't have any symptoms with it. The first time my period was 4 days late. And the second time I missed it for a whole month! I was totally freaking out thinking I was pregnant. I took 2 pregnancy test, they were negative. And surely the following month my period was back in track.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 30, 2014 1:49 AM

Review by NotPregnant2014 (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Plan B works! I took it exactly 36 hours later after having sex (without protection). Honestly I didn't get any side effects besides a heavier period. My period came 2 weeks later after taking the pill and I also experienced some cramping. But that was it. I'm so thankful for this pill.

August 22, 2014 11:29 PM

Review by lilshorty:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I had Mirena for a little over 2 years now and I love it. I got it after my 2nd child. I did not feel any pain or cramping when the doctor inserted Mirena. I have been on the patch, the pill, Depo-Provera way before I got Mirena. I am 28 years old and in a few more years I am going to get this one again. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 21, 2014 6:38 PM

Review by Anonymous6789:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Two days after my period ended, the condom broke during sex. I took the pill close to two hours afterwards and got cramps later that night. It has been exactly a week since my period ended and I just received my monthly after a long night of cramps. Weird, since I just had my period. I can't complain about the side effects because I would take cramps over labor pains any day. I am a college student and I am so relieved that I am not pregnant.

August 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Review by Jchick:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I believe myself to be very pain tolerant. I got one of these inserted, and it caused me so much pain I nearly passed out. Keep in mind, however, that I have never been pregnant before. If you have not been pregnant your uterus does not have as much elasticity. Also, my uterus was set back in a position that made for a difficult time for my gynee to get to it. (This happens when you have not been pregnant sometimes) Nurse said she had never seen the gynee actually have to utilize the ultrasound to insert it. 1 day after insertion, and now I am completely cramp free. Don't let the horror stories scare you. Ease of use, cost (completely free), and effectiveness of this product is phenomenal.

August 20, 2014 5:12 PM

Review by Stacy K:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I was one of the few people who suffered from anxiety because they weren't sure if this pill was effective. Let me tell you, I am the worst with overthinking and I know what it feels like to be unsure. This pill really does work. Plan B was something I always heard about but never thought I needed until one night of great sex ended with a condom that slipped off. We were both drunk and unaware of what had happened so to be safe, I decided to take the pill 6 hours after the accident. I keep track of my period dates and my last period was on the 21st. I took the pill on the 7th of the next month. I suffered some side effects like headaches, back pain and cramps 2 days before my period. It actually came 5 days early and it just finished today!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2014 5:03 PM

Review by PoorJudgement (taken for less than 1 month):

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Next Choice One Dose 48 hours after unprotected sex. The sex was one day after my period ended. I was dizzy for several days after taking the pill. I had loss of appetite, but I think it was because I was worried about being pregnant. I had spotting 4 days after taking the pill and the spotting was for 3 days. I had cramps the whole time I was spotting. I ended up getting my period a week before it was scheduled to start. My period normally lasts 6 or 7 days, but it was only 4 days after using this pill. It has now been a month since I used the pill and I am not pregnant. I would not want to use emergency contraception again, I think I learned my lesson. If I had a friend in my situation I would definitely recommend it.

August 19, 2014 1:47 PM

Review by AlyJordan:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I have used Plan B a few times and it helps me feel confident knowing there is a back up plan in preventing pregnancy. It is expensive but well worth the money. The only side effects I experienced with this pill is irregular period and right after I take the pill my stomach aches.

August 18, 2014 12:39 PM

Review by Laurr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: It works. However 30 minutes after I took it, I had very sharp cramps. I started my period 2 weeks later, and it was the worst period ever. It was extremely heavy, long, I had horrible headaches and cramps, and it made my period look like real blood like I had been cut or something. I wouldn't recommend using it often. That being said, yes it does work but I hope I don't ever have to use it again.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 1:10 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: For those are you who are scared or anxious about the Plan B pill, I just wanted to reassure you from personal experience that it WORKS, and isn't necessarily full of side effects either. I took Plan B and the only side effect I felt was a little bit of moodiness for a couple of days- otherwise, NO physical side effects at all. Also, my period came exactly on time and didn't feel any different than my past periods! However, I would advise that you definitely should take it within 24 hours, if you can. Although it says 72 hours, the pill mainly works to prevent ovulation- if you wait too long to take it, you may risk ovulating BEFORE you take it, lessening the main effectiveness of the pill.

August 15, 2014 10:55 PM