Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Fallback Solo, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Skyla

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Emergency Contraception 273 reviews 9 medications

7.4
Summary of Levonorgestrel reviews 1087 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Review by Mazamz:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: This pill saved my life! Me and my boyfriend are 16 and have sex, we always use a condom but one night we had an accident where the condom broke. We couldn't go out that night to get Plan B but we went early the next morning (15 hours later). Since I still had to wait 2 weeks to get my period I spent it stressing and nervous. But sure enough today I got my period a day early! I only had a headache and sleepiness for the first two days of the pill. But I'm relieved and it was well work the 50 dollars. Mistakes happen.

January 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by Oooppps:

For Emergency Contraception: After having sex for the first time and not using a condom, I picked up Take Action 2 hours after and ladies it definitely works! I was super stressing out because I was 2 days late but it's better than being pregnant. But I'm having the worst cramps ever and extreme nausea to the point were I have no appetite. Nonetheless, it's a life saver!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 2:17 AM

Review by totallyhappy:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I am 42 years old. I have uterine fibroids which, for the past few years, have caused excessive bleeding during my periods. It was miserable. SO, my doctor suggested the Mirena IUD. It emits the tiniest amount of progesterone (something that I was apparently lacking) and thins the uterine lining which would greatly reduce my bleeding. Insertion was very painful for me. But I have never had kids. There were a few months of adjustment. I experienced quite a bit of body aches- my lower back and hips, legs and feet. That all went away. My periods are VERY light now. and my life is back to normal. It is now January and I feel great! So glad I did it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 2:42 PM

Review by JasmineK:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I hope this helps some girls freaking out about getting their period and wondering if Plan B really works. I had a condom slip with my boyfriend a couple days before I ovulated and I am not on birth control (I will be now) and after four weeks I got my period early and no side effects. For all those of your girls freaking out after reading reviews on this I really felt better and now I hope I can do the same. Good luck and stay safe ladies!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 8:07 AM

Review by HSF (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I was scared to get Mirena after reading all the horror stories but got it anyways and I'm liking it so far! I'm 20 years old with no kids. Cramping during insertion and off and on for a few days after, nothing unbearable. Skin has gotten better and I've actually lost weight but this might not have anything to do with Mirena. Only downside is I'm still spotting but my doctor said it should be gone within a month or so. No pain during sex and my boyfriend says he can't feel the strings either. Would definitely recommend! Don't let all the horror stories scare you.

January 20, 2015 1:26 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Condom came off. Took Plan B about 48hrs later. Was super stressed. About a day before I was supposed to get my period, started having cramps, dizziness and breast tenderness. Long story short my period was a day late but I got it none the less. It's terrible when you're so stressed out and thinking you're pregnant. The pill does work. My cramps are terrible though. I felt the side effects 6-7 days after taking the pill as well.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by Mama knows:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I am getting mine taken out next week. I've been on it for almost two years and have bleeding 95% of the time.

January 16, 2015 10:13 PM

Review by mlsr:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I love Mirena. I am 26 and never had kids before. I had my Mirena inserted 7 months ago, little pain when MD inserted. Little cramps but it all want away. I have gain few pounds. Overall it is a great birth control.

January 15, 2015 8:50 AM

Review by NotPregnantPep (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I had unprotected sex without realising it was the day that I was ovulating and took the pill within 17 hours. I experienced horrible stomach cramps, nausea and lower back pain but no period for 8 days and started to get really worried! I was convinced I was pregnant and kept looking at forums for information on pregnancy symptoms and implementation bleeding. Luckily on the 9th day I was very relieved to see I had started my period and I was having sleepless nights for nothing. It's an excruciatingly long wait but it's worth it so just hang in there. It definitely works, it may just take a while!

January 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I'm 16 years old with no kids. The insert of the Mirena was very painful, and I mean so painful that I teared up and felt very dizzy after. I have used birth control pills in the past for heavy bleeding and cramping but I got break through bleeding. The first day of getting it inserted was probably the worst day, now I'm just spotting! But I do recommend this device to other teens/women who have heavy periods!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 13, 2015 11:49 AM

Review by Rachel Brown (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: My boyfriend and I had sex and the condom broke. I'm normally on birth control but had an adverse reaction to a new prescription and stopped. We immediately drove to Walgreens and bought Plan B One Step over the counter. I was frightened by the amount of side effects people mentioned in previous reviews. All I had was a light headache and I was tired, but these only lasted 1-2 days. My period started about 10 days after taking the pill (and about 3 days earlier than normal) and it is a very heavy flow, much heavier than normal (which is fine with me if it means I'm not pregnant.) Just give it time and try not to worry. It WILL work. $53 is DEFINITELY money well-spent

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 10:56 PM

Review by UniversityStudent:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I took Plan B exactly 36 hours afterwards. I was ovulating when everything went down and I was so scared that I had waited too long to take Plan B. After 9 painfully long (but symptom free) days I got my period. Much heavier than usual, but no complaints from me! My advice to all who were as stressed as me, wait it out. Eat healthy, exercise to jumpstart your period, and try your best to stay calm!

January 10, 2015 5:23 PM

Review by At ease:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Had unprotected sex on the 13th day of my period so most likely during my most fertile days. Managed to get access to Plan B 60h after the mishap and I am pleased to say that my period arrived on time and we are in the clear. I am so happy that I had this second chance.

January 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for : I took the pill the day after unprotected sex..I admit I was a bit skeptical about whether or not this works...but I got my period and it was only a day late....stress plays a huge part so try not to worry as much the pill works! I was lucky not to have any major side effects..all I had was a minor headache

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 9:19 PM

Review by Loreylol:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Life saver, I used it twice in a month, I always had irregular periods so I didn't get my period for a whole month after that. No worries!

January 8, 2015 5:38 PM

Review by .plan.b.:

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I have taken plan B twice and both times I have been an emotional wreck. My PMS was intensified. Crying for no reason and irritability. My period was also out of whack for a couple of months after. Besides that, no other effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 7, 2015 10:45 PM

Review by kerry_k (taken for less than 1 month):

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: It works! Took it like 20 mins after we had unprotected sex. I was so worried I cried and prayed. 12 days after I got my period I was so relieved.Trust me it works. They say that it doesn't work for overweight people but it does I'm 195lbs.

January 6, 2015 8:44 PM

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I had no side affects at all, and It really did it's job. I got my period one day early and am so happy to see it. I had a mishap about a week ago and rushed to the store to buy this I took it approx. 3 hours afterwards. Works great best money spent.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 5:59 PM

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: I just want to thank everyone who has shared there experiences with Plan B. If it was not for these reviews I would have had a heart attack waiting to see if my period would come or not. I made a mistake and right during ovulation had unprotected sex. I took Plan B less then 24 hours later. I thought all was going to be ok until I read that if you weigh over 165lbs this pill would probably not work. I had no side effects when I first took the pill but about a week later they started. I had this weird feeling in my throat on and off almost like I was going to be sick. I also had pains on and off in my stomach. The worst side effect was my chest was swollen and hurt. Good news is I got my period on the 30th day just like always.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2015 8:32 PM

Review by LaurelAS:

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Worked well for me! My period has pretty much always been regular and I've always kept track so I know what's going on. Last month, the first day was the 3rd, condom broke on the 16th. Perfect timing for ovulation! Took Plan B about 20 hours later on the 17th. From what I read online I was expecting all sorts of side effects but I guess I got lucky. I had some breast tenderness for about two days, that was it. Got my period today, the 2nd. Considering my fertility record of 100%, (we tried to get pregnant three times at the exact same time in my cycle and did each time), I would say the pill really does work! And a very big thank you to the makers!

January 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Review by Andrea B:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I feel like the people who say that they had a painful insertion are only the ones who have either never had a baby or never had cramps. When they put mine in it was only uncomfortable, not painful. There was some minor cramping afterwards, but I am noticing that I am struggling with losing weight. After my second child I was able to drop my weight pretty well, but now after my third and having this in it is really hard and I feel like I retain a lot of water.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2014 11:11 AM

Plan B (levonorgestrel) for Emergency Contraception: Me and my partner had a minor slip up, both scared of having a baby (they're pretty expensive). I went to get a Plan B about 28 hours after the incident, scared it didn't work because I had no immediate side effects. Safe to say about 4 days after taking the pill I had some off and on cramps for about a day. On the 5th day I started bleeding for about 3-4 days. So that $46 I spent was well worth it! It works.

December 29, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Kimberley audrey:

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I'm on my second Mirena and I think it's great! The first one I got, took a long time to stop spotting.. I was frustrated and wanted it out. My doctor's office, suggested waiting, and giving it a chance. I'm really happy I listened! Each month, it got better. Those beginning days, are so far behind me now.. I haven't had any problems, at all.. Definitely worth it!

December 29, 2014 11:49 AM

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: 29 years old and two kids. I've had the Mirena since February 2013. I would recommend it but my only issue is I bleed for a day or two after sex. But not during so it's no problem with my husband and I.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2014 10:27 PM

Review by MariG (taken for less than 1 month):

Mirena (levonorgestrel) for Birth Control: I got Mirena inserted December 15, 2014 and I LOVE IT! I am 21 years old with no children. The insertion was very very painful. I bled and cramped the day of the insertion and day afterwards. So far, its been one week and I feel fantastic!

December 22, 2014 7:48 AM