User Reviews for Apri

Learn more about Apri.

Apri review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 196 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Apri to treat Birth Control

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I started originally on Tri-Sprintec but after a few days I couldn't handle the cramps, bloating and spotting all the time. I call my doctor and she prescribed Apri. After seeing all the reviews I felt that this was a better choice then the Tri-Sprintec pill. Since Apri had better reviews then Tri, everyone's body is different but So far it has worked great no side effect's I LOVE IT.

March 29, 2013 12:24 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

This pill is a dream! I was so worried to go on birth control, due to all the scary side effects I always here about! After two months, I have had none. I had really bad periods that would leave me very sick for days. I only get very light cramping right before my period starts. I haven't gained any weight. I actually lost weight around my waist, and I am already very petite to begin with. My cup size went up to a C from a B, and my light acne has become almost non-existent. I was lucky to find a pill that worked for me right off of the bat!

February 26, 2013 3:02 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I have taken it for about a year and I no longer have cramps, I have lost weight, and my pimples have vanished. My friend however took it and got light headed. This is not for everyone but it works for me and I am not pregnant.

February 13, 2013 1:25 AM
Review by Kaattee: User Rating:

I started Apri five months ago. I have always suffered with terrible ovarian cysts, and now they're starting to finally decrease. I have lost twenty pounds while I've been taking the pills, without changing my diet or exercise. I'm not pregnant, nor have I ever been. My sex drive is the same, but I can't eat anymore. Small meals twice a day that has absolutely no dairy in them are all my stomach can handle now. I have never had a problem with dairy before Apri. I also get terrible headaches and am constantly tired. There are positive and negatives to this pill.

January 23, 2013 2:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Before I start my period, I get cramps, acne and I'm very moody on this pill. My sex drive is usually very high. This is the only pill I've ever taken so I don't have much to compare it to but I don't find it that bad.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 22, 2013 10:15 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

When I first started on Apri, it made me nauseous in the mornings. That went away, but around the third month of use, I got really depressed moods for no particular reason and had random bouts of crying. That went away when I stopped taking it. It worked for its intended purposes, but it wasn't right for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 9, 2013 5:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This birth control was not good. I gained weight all in my stomach and had horrible horrible bloating before my period for about 3 days. It was as if I was 4 months pregnant - none of my clothes fit and I'd feel too uncomfortable to sit in a chair. Acne was more worse than it has ever been.

December 9, 2012 9:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have tried all other formulations of birth control pills without success. The only way I can describe it is that I feel clinically insane when taking birth control pills, and this was the last option to try. I should note the reason I went on it is because my body stopped having periods, I went over a year without any periods (I wasn't pregnant, and was 23 yrs old). So I went ahead and tried it. I was not as crazy on this, and it cleared up my skin completely. After about 4 months though I completely lost my sex drive. Like from 100 to -100. After my periods regulated out I quit taking it. Now 8 months later I am back to not having a period and just started taking it again the other day. This time around I am feeling kind of sick.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2012 11:18 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I haven't had a single noticeable side effect while taking this pill. No acne, no significant weight gain, no mood changes, no loss of sex drive. Not to mention it works wonders for your cycle: mine's extremely consistent, my periods are lighter, and my once terrible cramps are distant memories. Oh, and you also won't get pregnant. This is a great pill, the side effects some people report are probably an expected reaction or an individual bad experience. Highly recommended.

October 25, 2012 1:34 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I took Apri for 2 years. I have experienced extreme bloating (went for 112lbs to 118 lbs just of retained water). Blurry vision in my left eye, tiredness, chest pain sometimes, could not drink any alcohol it would make my bloating worse. I changed to Yaz 2 weeks ago and I feel like a brand new person. No more bloating, I feel great!

October 19, 2012 6:29 AM
Review by momof3yipee (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I had a baby 12 weeks ago and have been on Apri since my 6 week postpartum appointment. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and my periods have always been VERY irregular. I also get a few whiskers that grow on my chin from the PCOS. Since starting the pill I have noticed that those whiskers aren't growing anymore, also I have regular periods, my sex drive is normal and I have not gained any weight! INFACT I have lost 20lbs since starting it and have not changed my diet or exercise routine. I love this pill, this is why I rate it 10! Oh and after having 3 children there is a BONUS I am not pregnant.

October 10, 2012 1:44 PM
Review by joface (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Previously I was taking Ortho-cept, before that I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. Both of these were wonderful for my skin, which I naturally have troubles with. My insurance doesn't cover Ortho-cept so my pharmacy have me Apri. My face exploded and hasn't gotten any better after 3 months. I assume this is a permanent thing and I'm looking to switch to Tri-Sprintec. I normally have very painful abdominal cramps but Apri has helped a lot with the pain.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 8, 2012 4:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I'm 13 and I take it for regulating my periods and making my cramps easier to handle. I've been taking it for 2 months and it made my acne better, I'm not so moody and my periods are normal for once! The only thing is I'm hungry more often, no weight gain though. I love Apri!

October 8, 2012 1:47 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I have been on Apri previously and it was not available for refill at one point so they switched me to Cryselle. I lost all sex drive and was flat line. I am now back on Apri and feel amazing. My mood is better and my sex drive is back... so happy to be back on Apri this has really turned my life back around to where I was before.

September 21, 2012 8:43 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Have had a very good experience with Apri! It's the first birth control I've been on and it's been about 9 months now. It's regulated my periods so I can predict it down to the hour, they're less painful, I feel less nausea, and they're much shorter and lighter! I haven't gained any weight - just fluxed a bit up and down a few pounds. Overall - really good!

September 9, 2012 2:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I love it! Been on it for about 8 months now. Fixed my acne right up and regulated my period. Not only that but made it shorter and more bearable. It also has increased my sex drive immensely!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 4, 2012 12:35 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Apri was the first birth control I took (at the age of 24). I started taking it to prevent pregnancy, not for any other reason since my periods were regular and I rarely experienced any kind of cramps or moodiness. This pill changed that entirely. I started experiencing cramps around the time my period began. I noticed a considerable drop in my sex drive, which frustrated both me and my boyfriend. I also became depressed, my moods fluctuated from happy and positive to irritable to extremely depressed in a span of hours. I stayed on this for over six months before changing. I changed to Aviane and have noticed a VAST improvement.

August 30, 2012 4:43 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I was taking Yaz for about a year and a half and it was actually working great. I started taking Apri about 4 or 5 months ago. Yes, my periods are regular and I am not pregnant, but my cramps are extremely painful still, and I am very moody. I also have a very diminished sex drive.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2012 12:26 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have only been on Apri for about a month now and I love it. I have not gained any weight, my sex drive is the same it was before I started taking the pill and my insurance covers it. I get it for no cost at all. I don't know why everyone thinks that one pill is going to give everyone that takes it the same side effects. Every person is going to have different side effects and some will have the same but the pill is going to react different to every women who takes it. This pill overall is my favorite. I absolutely love this pill. It's effective and affordable.

July 16, 2012 8:16 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I have been taking Apri for 2 years now. It has prevented pregnancy! That's about it! Mood swings are horrible, appetite is horrible, no sex drive at all.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 8, 2012 9:47 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have been on for 1 month and a half. My period lasted for 10 days, then I came on again in the same month for another 10 days. That was all new to me. Sex drive has increased. My period is still irregular so I'm waiting on my next period. Slight headaches and I feel sick sometimes. This is my first birth control and I haven't been on it long. Things may change. Not sure.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 4, 2012 10:17 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

I love Apri! I took it for a year, then I got selfish and switched to Jolessa because I wanted to have fewer periods. On Jolessa I had week-long or longer, super irregular periods. I would get breakthrough bleeding at the most random times and gained about 15 pounds. It almost destroyed my relationship, I was so moody and depressed. I switched back to Apri in January and already my periods are back to regular, predictable and short. I have had almost no breakthrough bleeding, no weight gain and no problem with weight gain. It's an incredibly effective and beneficial pill.

June 14, 2012 11:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was on Ocella in the past for years until they took it off the market. I tried several different birth control pills and none worked for me. Someone recommended I try Apri it has worked great for me cleared my horrible acne up which I was spending a lot of money on trying to correct, doesn't change my mood or sex drive, weight stayed the same, no headaches, no depression, light predictable periods lasts three days! Let's just say I love Apri and it's cheap.

June 6, 2012 5:13 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lack of sex drive, mood swings, increased bra size from A to D, gained 10lbs, heavy 7 day period, cramps.

June 5, 2012 11:54 PM
Review by Sasha12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

At first, I loved the pill. It made my periods shorter, about 3 days instead of 8, and it kept me from getting pregnant. It's affordable and got rid of my acne. It did not help with cramps at all, and it made me gain a lot of weight. I went from 118 lbs to 135 in a short amount of time. My breasts got big as well which was a plus. Then after almost a year, I began getting chronic urinary tract infections. Doctors could not figure it out so I stopped taking Apri to see if that was the problem and since then I have had no problems.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate