User Reviews for Apri

Birth Control 167 reviews 249 medications

6.6
Summary of Apri reviews 167 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I was on cyclessa no problems, until my Dr. Switched me saying that they no longer carry it. April is awful I'm breaking out like a middle school boy and I'm itchy all the time. Just want to know how many people had the same symptoms because my doctor is telling me in order to switch b.c. I have to completely buy a new prescription because breaking out and being itchy "are not side effects"."

Sidney 907 May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost a year now. I've tried two other different brands prior to this, but due to insurance issues I had to switch to this. It has been my worst experience with birthcontrol! I've gained about 10lbs since on this pill, even though I workout and eat healthy I can't lose the weight. My period is very irregular, I have awful cramps, and my acne came back. But I think the worst side effect is that my sex drive is non-existing which is affecting my relationship. I will be going off this pill soon, and would rather pay more than keep taking it."

Abee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Apri and they said the name changed to Mirvala and there was no changes to the medicine. However, it seems to have completely changed now! I get my period about a week before my pills have run out, even if I take them at the same time every day. I get cramps through-out the month and a lot of spotting. When I do have my period it is extremely heavy and painful. It's stopping pregnancy, but that's about all that it's doing for me now."

Zepharius (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I was switched onto apri and I got my period for seven days when before I got it for only 3-5. I get severe cramps, bloating, and heavy periods. I will get spotting for about a week or two after I get my period. It has prevented pregnancy but does not help with any symptoms that come with periods."

Hay bay (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on a bunch of different pills trying to find one that actually worked for me. Previous to this my experiences were heavy periods, terrible cramps, headaches, weight gain, constant spotting, 2 week long periods, anxiety which I never had before going on the pill. I did some research and found that apri contained a different type of estrogen and asked my doctor if I could try it. I'm so glad I did it's been 2 years and all I get is a headache around the time my period is due. I have pretty normal periods and they actually stop when they are supposed to. I get a little spotting the week after but I can deal with it. It normally lasts an hour and goes away."

Apri (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "The 1st 2 weeks of being on Apri, my appetite increased. I was hungry all the time. But after the 2 weeks my appetite went back to normal. I gained maybe 5 lbs. I didn't get any acne. My periods have always been heavy and I went on birth control for them to get lighter but this pill did nothing. My periods were still heavy and I got bad cramps. It did what its supposed to do and that was prevent pregnancy. I liked Apri overall."

rozlyn April 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Highly recommend, no weight gain or mood swings compared to other birth control pills I have taken. Everyone is different but I give this birth control an excellent review because of the experiences I have had with others."

Ashley z April 9, 2015

For Birth Control "My first full month down. I have had severe headaches.My acne is worse then it's been in years and it's itchy."

Anonymous March 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken Apri for about ten years now. The pill has helped with my acne, migraines, period regularity, and cramping. I have not had any side effects. No depression, weight gain, loss of sex drive, or any other negative side effects. I also have not gotten pregnant, so the pill is doing its job!"

Jema888 (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for a week and a half and have had very bad crying spells out of no where and depression. I have to use the bathroom every like 30 minutes. And my acne has gotten worse."

Mikayla. February 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill put me in pretty deep depression. I was extremely emotional and cried about everything all the time. I didn't gain weight, but it didn't really help with acne and it caused me to get my period about 2 times a month. I had to stop taking it because I was so sad all the time and couldn't stand it."

Meg44444 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I got severe lower back pain very soon after starting this which continued the entire time I was taking it. Frequent (at least 3x a week) migraines, increased appetite and weight gain, and a mysterious breast lump"

Kay1991m January 27, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill made me gain weight and caused unbelievable depression. It also did not properly regulate my period."

Sunny327 January 26, 2015

For Birth Control "At 36 years of age, this is my first ever birth control pill. I was placed on Apri 2 months prior to my myomectomy (surgery to remove fibroid tumors from utérus). I 've been taking them for 2 1/2 weeks now. I didnt get my period as scheduled and I've expérienced fréquent crying spells."

Ms36 (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I had bad side effects after taking this pill for a month. I was throwing up, had really bad cramps, headaches, constant nausea, and frequent urination."

KenyaH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2015

For Birth Control "Started this birth control because I had really really bad cramps. It cured my cramps and made my period lighter. I had no side effects with it other than the first month I was constantly hungry. I'm happy that the first birth control pill I tried worked perfectly for me."

Cats122 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2014

For Birth Control "This pill works great! The first 4 days of taking the pill there was some bloating but that was the only side effect really and it went away. I definitely have not gained weight from it if anything it makes me feel full faster and longer."

anon1988 October 15, 2014

For Birth Control "I have been taking Apri for about 3 or 4 years now, and I am not pregnant! So that in itself makes it a good pill. However, my periods are still fairly heavy and the cramps painful, and I suspect that the estrogen may have something to do with the migraines I experience, but I'm not sure. "

emjay95 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 31, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for a few years and it works 100% great! -My acne is nonexistent -my periods are always falling on the 3-4 days that are supposed to -My cramps are gone, I used to curl over in pain because of them! Now I have little to no discomfort -BUT the reason I gave a 9 out of 10 is because, your sex drive is close to none, I hate it for my husband, which is why I'll probably have to make a switch soon, but for me, I love the product!"

DMH2014 July 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control for about 5 months now...And it sure is doing its job very well. But I do get huge headaches from time to time and feeling dizzy for about 2 months now. When I started to take this birth control everything was fine. But until now I'm thinking of trying another brand of birth control."

Torontonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2014

For Birth Control "Apri was great for the first month and a half. I take this pill religiously and have never missed or thrown up a dose. Then I had the worst period I've ever experienced in my life while I still had a week and a half of active pills left. I couldn't even drive that week. The period symptoms finally ended but the bleeding itself did not. It lightened up, but continued for three more weeks. This is ruining my sex life for the time being and I've gone through two boxes of liners. I switched to a higher dose of estrogen and will start taking it next week - and thank God."

PennyGadem June 18, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for about a year now, since I took it I had no extreme side effects however, it didn't do much to regulate the length of my periods which stayed in 5 days, didn't clear up my skin though I never had an acne problem to begin with, I did take away my sex drive and I gained 7 pounds but I didn't get pregnant which is why I needed it to begin with. Overall it does the main job."

Kobato (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri 28 for about two and a half months now, For about the first two weeks of starting it my stomach was so upset, I couldn't really eat much food. But it did go away. My breasts did get bigger and I gain a little weight but also I've been working out so I don't know if its Muscle gain or from the pill, Another thing is, My period either comes super early, like two weeks early or a week late. I know it's probably just my body not used to the pill and it won't follow the pills schedule until after 6 months of taking it, however my periods don't really hurt at all now. But I'm just sharing my journey so far in case anyone one else has been experiencing the same stuff."

Mel. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2014

For Birth Control "I've tried many different birth controls for about 3 yrs prior to taking Apri. I took Apri for my acne & birth control for 2 yrs & it worked great. I decided to stop taking birth control altogether about 1.5 yrs ago. My acne came back immediately but my periods were lighter and I didn't have cramps while I was off of it. My dermatologists prescribed me Accutane for my acne but I decided to try birth control again. I've been taking Apri for 4 months & my skin is basically completely clear. Maybe 1 or 2 when it's TOM. However I've noticed recent weight gain (10 lbs in 2 wks) & increase in my appetite & cravings. My breasts are sore & noticeably bigger. I'm worried this is side effects from Apri. But 10lbs is better than acne!"

Nursejrb April 11, 2014

For Birth Control "Although Apri was very effective in doing its main job, preventing pregnancy, the side effects were very bad. I had perfectly clear skin prior to going on Apri, and about a month after starting I started having very severe break outs. I had noticeable mood swings that were not present before going on Apri. After being on Apri for 5 months, I have now switched to Sprintec which is a pill with a higher dose of estrogen. After being on Sprintec for a month I have noticed my skin clearing slightly and no crying spells before my period. Works better for me and would recommend it over Apri!"

Would not reccommend (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2014