User Reviews for Apri

Birth Control 179 reviews 255 medications

6.4
Summary of Apri reviews 179 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "All I have to say is UGH. I haven't taken birth control in about 4 years and I decided it was smart for me to go back on it. I've been on Apri for about 2 weeks now and I am totally not myself. I feel so sad and depressed. I have also had random crying spells. Appetite hasn't increased at all but my skin has broken out. My skin has been super itchy all over since I've been on it and I've been getting stomach pains and headaches. Birth control does work different for everyone but I definitely plan on switching to a new birth control when this pack finished."

Jillian1987 September 1, 2015

For Birth Control "Apri made me sick to my stomach everyday and I had to quit taking it because I kept getting nauseous and wanted to get sick! Have to call the doctor to try and get a new kind!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Birth Control "Did what birth control is suppose to do , caused frequent crying spells around my period time for no reason at all.. The cramps were horrible causing vomiting which never happened.. Overall it does the main job, prevent pregnancy"

Ny123 August 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri since I was 18 years old..I am now 24. Using apri, it has always done its job in regulating my period and keeping me obviously from getting pregnant and I have been happy with that. However, if you have a sensitive stomach I recommend something else. I am going to be changing my birth control soon due to the fact that when I take my pill... couple hours later I vomit uncontrollably until its ran its course though my system. I've tried everything I also work in the medical field so I have tried things even beyond the norm. Yet here I am 6 years later still with my head in the toilet. If you dont have a sensitive stomach this birth control is excellent, if you have digestive problems or sensitive stomach, I do not recommend"

meglG August 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm on it for PCOS rather than not getting pregnant. My periods returned, were regular, no acne and my life quality went up. However I still got cysts and never lost the obscene amount of weight this condition caused. So BC wise, it was excellent. But it didn't help my PCOS."

HometownRunaway (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Made acne worse!!! If you already have issues with acne, I strongly recommend avoiding this medication. I only took it for 6 days and my break outs got much worse. In addition to that, I gained at least 5 lbs in that short amount of time and had mood swings. I specifically asked my doctor for a birth control that would also help with acne. I'm going to ask to be switched to a pill that is an anti-androgenic."

T-73 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Apri for 3 months. I have always had easy, 3-day long periods but I needed birth control. I stopped using it because I had awful, 2-week long periods each month. I was in pain and felt a general sense of sickness. I understand that it takes awhile to acclimate, but it was like it was fighting against my body."

t_j_r July 30, 2015

For Birth Control "It's my first month on the apri pills. I haven't experienced any spotting or acne. I haven't experienced any mood changes amd i still weigh about the same. One day I had a bit of nausea it didn't last long. Over all experience is quite pleasant. I suffer from pms in the middle of my cycle and my periods are very irregular... since being on apri I haven't experienced any pms symptoms (bloating, cramping, mood swings and headaches in between my cycle). Period is getting back in a regular cycle... so far so good."

jenMB July 16, 2015

For Birth Control "Over 6 months ago I switched to this from a more traditional bc pill because of nausea. I was taking it for acne and pregnancy protection. Cons: My acne got way worse initially and then leveled off to kind of bad. Gained about five pounds but I'm not sure if it's due to Apri. My periods went from unnoticeable (3-5 days, no cramps) to intolerable, lasting over a week and bleeding like crazy with initial cramping. I have also had frequent yeast infections right before my period since starting this drug. Pros: Boobs got way bigger. Nausea went away."

Anna Ruth June 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I have endometriosis and my doctor wants me to continuously use this with 3-4 breaks per year to minimize the endometrial growth. I had terrible nausea and bad acne in the beginning, not to mention I spotted for a month straight and then bleed a period flow for another month. Taking this pill before bedtime helped with the nausea. I've been taking this pill for 4 months now and have gained 5-10lbs, the acne is still bad ( I'm 34 and no longer had it before apri ) oh and my libido is non existent since taking this medication. I figured it wouldn't happen to me since I had a very strong libido but it is now gone. I'm going to ask my doctor to change this medication."

D321 June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "Been on this for 6 months and plan and changing to a different one. My acne is ten times worse then it ever has been and I get moody/sad crying spells where all I can do is cry for no reason."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2015

For Birth Control "At first, I had no problems on Apri. Then about a month in I gained over 10 pounds even though I didn't change my diet or exercise. I also noticed that I became very moody and had random crying spells around my period, which has never happened before. My breasts are also very tender and itchy, and my acne has gotten worse. I never had bad period cramps before I started taking this pill, and now they are extremely painful. Hopefully my doctor switches me to a different pill."

Runforlife1412 May 30, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on cyclessa no problems, until my Dr. Switched me saying that they no longer carry it. April is awful I'm breaking out like a middle school boy and I'm itchy all the time. Just want to know how many people had the same symptoms because my doctor is telling me in order to switch b.c. I have to completely buy a new prescription because breaking out and being itchy "are not side effects"."

Sidney 907 May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost a year now. I've tried two other different brands prior to this, but due to insurance issues I had to switch to this. It has been my worst experience with birthcontrol! I've gained about 10lbs since on this pill, even though I workout and eat healthy I can't lose the weight. My period is very irregular, I have awful cramps, and my acne came back. But I think the worst side effect is that my sex drive is non-existing which is affecting my relationship. I will be going off this pill soon, and would rather pay more than keep taking it."

Abee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 12, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on Apri and they said the name changed to Mirvala and there was no changes to the medicine. However, it seems to have completely changed now! I get my period about a week before my pills have run out, even if I take them at the same time every day. I get cramps through-out the month and a lot of spotting. When I do have my period it is extremely heavy and painful. It's stopping pregnancy, but that's about all that it's doing for me now."

Zepharius (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I was switched onto apri and I got my period for seven days when before I got it for only 3-5. I get severe cramps, bloating, and heavy periods. I will get spotting for about a week or two after I get my period. It has prevented pregnancy but does not help with any symptoms that come with periods."

Hay bay (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on a bunch of different pills trying to find one that actually worked for me. Previous to this my experiences were heavy periods, terrible cramps, headaches, weight gain, constant spotting, 2 week long periods, anxiety which I never had before going on the pill. I did some research and found that apri contained a different type of estrogen and asked my doctor if I could try it. I'm so glad I did it's been 2 years and all I get is a headache around the time my period is due. I have pretty normal periods and they actually stop when they are supposed to. I get a little spotting the week after but I can deal with it. It normally lasts an hour and goes away."

Apri (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

For Birth Control "The 1st 2 weeks of being on Apri, my appetite increased. I was hungry all the time. But after the 2 weeks my appetite went back to normal. I gained maybe 5 lbs. I didn't get any acne. My periods have always been heavy and I went on birth control for them to get lighter but this pill did nothing. My periods were still heavy and I got bad cramps. It did what its supposed to do and that was prevent pregnancy. I liked Apri overall."

rozlyn April 24, 2015

For Birth Control "Highly recommend, no weight gain or mood swings compared to other birth control pills I have taken. Everyone is different but I give this birth control an excellent review because of the experiences I have had with others."

Ashley z April 9, 2015

For Birth Control "My first full month down. I have had severe headaches.My acne is worse then it's been in years and it's itchy."

Anonymous March 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken Apri for about ten years now. The pill has helped with my acne, migraines, period regularity, and cramping. I have not had any side effects. No depression, weight gain, loss of sex drive, or any other negative side effects. I also have not gotten pregnant, so the pill is doing its job!"

Jema888 (taken for 10 years or more) February 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for a week and a half and have had very bad crying spells out of no where and depression. I have to use the bathroom every like 30 minutes. And my acne has gotten worse."

Mikayla. February 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill put me in pretty deep depression. I was extremely emotional and cried about everything all the time. I didn't gain weight, but it didn't really help with acne and it caused me to get my period about 2 times a month. I had to stop taking it because I was so sad all the time and couldn't stand it."

Meg44444 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 15, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I got severe lower back pain very soon after starting this which continued the entire time I was taking it. Frequent (at least 3x a week) migraines, increased appetite and weight gain, and a mysterious breast lump"

Kay1991m January 27, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill made me gain weight and caused unbelievable depression. It also did not properly regulate my period."

Sunny327 January 26, 2015