User Reviews for Cafergot

Learn more about Cafergot.

Cafergot review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Cafergot to treat Migraine

Review by j1c2:

This is the only medicine that has ever stopped my migraines. I can't take the newer medications because they cause my blood pressure to spike. I never had any side effects with Cafergot and it worked.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 12:56 PM

Review by clniclark (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have suffered from migraines for 35 years and have tried absolutely everything for them. Between my preventatives and abortives, I've been on over 75 different medications.. Cafergot is the ONLY medication outside of a Demerol injection at the emergency room that eliminates my migraines--even a level 10. However, I do experience extreme nausea from it--on top of the nausea from my migraine attack. Because of the level of nausea I often will not take it until my migraine is a level 9 or higher.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2014 3:49 AM

Review by Chickenfarmer:

Cafergot is the only medication that I have used that helps with my aura migraines.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2013 2:05 PM

This treatment, sadly not available in the US (recently) is quite effective and has no side effects.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2011 3:27 PM

Review by Shiro:

I have had migraines for years now (about 8). At first I didn't take anything special other than Advil. After a while my migraines got worse and I had to get something else. My doctor told me to try Cafergot. It did help a lot on the pain of the migraine but I still had to lay down in a dark room, face in a pillow, and a trash can ready since migraines make me feel nauseous. After about 3 hours I was able to get out of bed but was really exhausted. Cafergot did help with the headache and I think it would have been better if I had an anti-nausea medicine from keeping myself to throw up.

April 6, 2011 12:53 AM

Review by janicejj11:

I have suffered from migraines for 30 years. Was prescribed several types of medicines but as I was being violently sick with the migraines I couldn't keep anything down therefore nothing got a chance to work. I was then prescribed Cafergot suppositories and I then got my life back. They almost always work and quickly too. It seems that they are not as well known as other migraine medicines and my pharmacy does not keep a stock as I am the only customer they have that requires them. Sometimes they struggle to get them in stock for me so I have to take my prescription in plenty of time. I would be devastated if they were took off the market as they are the only thing I can take that really does work.

April 18, 2010 7:18 AM

Review by irMac:

I've had almost daily migraines for a quarter century. I am almost seventy and they are finally starting to taper off some. At one time or another most every possible preventative and treatment in the book -- and a couple outside of it -- were prescribed. I tried a lot of other stuff on my own. The most consistently effective treatment was cafergot. I'd say it worked at least 90% of the time. The few times it didn't, neither did anything else.

February 20, 2010 9:20 AM