User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative 1 reviews 14 medications

Lactation Augmentation 4 reviews 1 medications

5.3
Nausea/Vomiting 31 reviews 147 medications

5.3
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiographic Exam 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Small Intestine Intubation 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 97 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I wouldn't even give this drug a 1. I came to the ER last night for severe head and neck pain and this is what they suggested giving me in an IV. Reglan and Benadryl. I had this once a year or so ago and had a terrible reaction and insisted I didn't want the IV. However I ended up letting them talk me into it and got it. Within 5 minutes of getting the IV, I felt anxious, trapped, paranoid, like I was going to die. I had to page the nurse like 3 times to come take th IV out. I just wanted to go home. I ended up pacing and walking 20 laps around the hospital with a nurse. They ended up talking me into allowing them to give me Ativan and more Benadryl to reverse the Reglan. I truly felt like I was going to die."

Shelby K August 22, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to the ER because I was extremely dehydrated due to vomiting in my pregnancy, I was given Reglan thru an IV. Within minutes I felt jittery and despite how sick I was I couldn't sit down. They then gave me Benadryl thru my IV which knocked me out. The ER doc released me with a script for reglan and told me I wouldn't have the "jittery" side effects with the pill like I did thru the IV. I took reglan 4 times a day as prescribed for 5 days. In those 5 days I have never in my life felt so miserable, I was sweating, had a fever, became jaundice, hallucinated, QUIT MY JOB. never felt so sick in all my life. Today is day one without Reglan and it is night and day difference in how I feel off the medicine. I don't recommend this drug!"

Pregnant Mom August 21, 2015

For GERD: "I had the same bad experience with reglan. Tried it two times. Second time was by mistake because the specialist prescribed it and I didn't remember the drugs name. I have been suffering from bad acid reflux and gastritis so my physician prescribed it the first time. I took it and it was horrible! I wanted to literally jump out of the roof. Nothing was making me stay still. Is hard to explain feeling but is basically not able to sit still and even if you try to move, you still feel the horrible feeling. Nothing stops it. I didn't know about antidote so I have to endure it TWICE all by my own. My Doctor already placed this drug on my hospital's profile as if I was allergic for just in case. Is a "rare" side effect and we got unlucky :("

Cant type my name August 20, 2015

For Lactation Augmentation: "I experienced quite bad anxiety, restlessness and restless leg syndrome after taking this for only a couple of days. I had just come home with twins and thought I could have some sort of post natal depression as I was actually 'scared' of my children. I was so tired and would lie down to sleep but would have to get up within minutes due to restlessness. It occurred to me, it could be the metoclopromide, prescribed for lactation. So I stopped it to see. Within 2 days my symptoms were gone. Thank goodness because I thought I was losing my mind. It did not have any apparent effect to improve lactation. I would never have this drug again, the effects were that bad."

aussiegirl25 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "The cocktail didn't do a thing. First Benadryl then Reglan. No help and it wasted precious hours that I was in pain. I've had migraines for 26 years and know what helps. I was in the ER for ~ 6 hours. Only when given Fentanyl did the pain level 27 go down to a ~4. I told them demerol and phernagan knocks it out, but the ER doctor didn't listen. (Why did you ask me then?) I was left with a dull headache for 1.5 days."

taylor506 August 11, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given Reglan @ER for severe vomiting. My heart began to race & I felt extremely jittery & anxious. As sick as I was, I couldn't even lie down anymore, I was so "hyped up". They had to give me Ativan to reverse the effects of the Reglan. Never again."

Sammygrl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had a virus and felt sick for several days yet couldn't bring anything up which made me feel worse, the doctor gave me metoclopramide, the sickness went after a day or two but I had the most awful side effects, I felt all wobbly from head to toe and it was the most uncomfortable feeling ever, I felt uncoordinated like I'd become a puppet and had no control over my limbs, I had a sleepless night and went to see my doctor who prescribed me codeine, that got rid of it but it was such a dreadful feeling if ever I get it again I'll just stick to sucking mints and taking alka seltzer."

Mrs Dooey July 23, 2015

For : "So far, this medication has worked very well for my son. He didn't have much of an appetite and had constant stomach aches. He has not had any side effects and is now eating several times per day. We were afraid for him to take this med, but the benefits outweighed the risks. So glad that we stayed prayed up and he's feeling much better and eating the way he should. Just pray before you try any new medicine. Remember, my experience may differ from yours or anyone else. I pray you find comfort. Be blessed!!"

Not much of an appetite (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I went to ER for a headache. They gave me this medication intravenously and I immediately had the most intense, adverse reaction of wanting to crawl out of my skin with severe inability to stop shaking me feet and legs. I wish I never had it"

Nightmare in ER June 26, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was given Reglan through IV after another medicine failed to help with my nausea. It worked and I never noticed any side effects."

Anonymous June 22, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "The reaction I had to this medication was scary. I am 12 weeks pregnant and went to the emergancy room because I couldn't keep anything down so they started an IV and shot this medication straight into IV and when it hit me I felt horrible like I was having a panic attack. I also broke out in a rash. Never again!!! Horrible experience!"

Anonymous June 16, 2015

For Migraine: "I get really bad migraines frequently and end up in the ER on most occasions. Every time I go they give me Benadryl and Reglan through an IV. I have to go through this every time I'm there for a migraine. There's only one medicine that helps me and its called Nubain. But for some reason they always have to try the Benadryl cocktail first. Then they try morphine. I never get any relief from these other drugs. I never suffered any bad side effects either because they don't phase me. Try Nubain if the Benadryl cocktail don't work. It gives instant relief.."

Dcombs (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

For Migraine: "I had a trip to the ER with a bad migraine along with nausea,that I had for 2 days . I was given what they call the migraine cocktail benadryl ,reglan and IV fluid. They gave me 50mg of benadryl IV push then hang the reglan along with NSS . It knocked me out almost instantly . It did give me temporary relief. But my migraine came back the next day."

jayson 81 June 9, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Hated it didn't help one bit made me throw up evertime I took it"

Anonymous June 8, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given this in ER through an IV. Immediately heart started racing and felt like I was going to pass out. Blood pressure went from 124 to 159 within seconds. Never want to experience that again."

Anonymous May 7, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was diagnosed with "Chronic Migraine Disease" 18 yrs. ago. I have tried too many medications to list. Almost all of which have not worked for me. About 9 yrs. ago during a trip to the emergency for a migraine, I had the worst nausea. I was given Reglan for the first time. Not only did it stop the nausea, it calmed my migraine down! I wasn't even given any Dilodid. I couldn't believe it! I was later perscribed Reglan along with Maxalt. This combo worked the best for me. However, my doctor quit using Maxalt. So, while searching for new meds. my doctor gave me a prescription of Reglan to at least help with the nausea. Not only did it help with that, but if caught early enough, it would stop my migraines. I love Reglan!"

Blarinerin (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 4, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "It helped with the migraine but I experienced terrible anxiety!"

Brittany S (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I don't have a history of migraine but I had sever headache for 3 days so I went to ER. After doing some scans they gave me Benadryl, toradol and Reglan by IV. As soon as Reglan was injected I had severe reaction to it within seconds and I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I was literally paralyzed. I could hear people talking but I wasn't able to respond and my heart rate went to 150 bpm. It was the worse feeling ever. They had to give me an antidote to reverse the effects but it still took almost 3 hours for me to actually speak again. After that day I personally do not like Reglan and how dangerous the side effects can be."

MahaZ March 31, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Dr ordered me IV w Reglan and Benadryl last night at ER. After over 48 hrs of misery I immediately got relief. I don't understand people who are saying they felt like they were coming out of their skin- I passed out almost immediately (which was great because I have only been able to sleep about 3 hours over the 48 hour period before ER). Guess we are all different. I will say that I got a solid 8 hours of pain relief and finally sleep but now it's back :( We are having lots of winter storms here so maybe something to do with the air pressure or something? IDK but this sucks."

Anonymonious (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "So glad I looked up these reviews! I had the same experience as others with the anxiety, wanting to crawl out of my skin feeling. I had the Benadryl as well, but it didn't help. The doctors and nurses were acting like I was crazy and like they had never heard of this reaction. I'm glad to know I'm not alone and that I wasn't imagining these symptoms. I literally could not lie in the bed - I was pacing around the hospital room, and actually had to jump up and down because I was so restless. Absolutely awful feeling - I'd almost rather have the migraine (almost, but not quite). They finally had to give me Ativan to help. The Reglan did get rid of my migraine though, that's why 2 stars. "

Migraine mama (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

For Migraine: "Went to urgent care with a migraine I could not get rid of they gave me Benadryl first and then metoclopramide. At first I felt my skin crawling and felt like I couldn't sit still but after about 5 minutes I start to relax and fell asleep. I woke up and no migraine defiantly helped me a lot even though it did make me feel like I had some anxiety at first."

Anonymous February 3, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "I took this four times a day for four months and it greatly increased my milk production and had no side effects ."

Nelly2011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I'm so glad I read these postings. I was admitted to ER After a five day migraine. I was given this medicine through an IV. It took about 45-hour to feel relief. It took my pain level from a 10 to a 4. However the first 20 minutes I felt very restless suddenly and I want to be out of the hospital, I was uncomfortable and I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm. I was paranoid waiting for my boyfriend to come back from the restroom. I couldn't explain the feeling but after reading the other posts I see it was a similar experience and side effect to the other posters."

Prego with migraines (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been suffering from nausea/vomiting due to my pregnancy. At the Emergency Hospital I was prescribed to take Reglan 10mg. Bought the medicine and afraid to take it, took me two weeks to finally try them due to horrible reviews I read online. This medicine stopped my vomiting and to my surprise never had any side effect on me."

Kulit January 12, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "I have what has so far been categorized as gastroparesis-- and while it did help with my stomach pains after eating, I acquired a heavy restlessness that basically made it impossible to do anything. I could hardly focus my vision nonetheless my mind, and my muscles felt tense and restless, occasionally twitching. It was almost an anxiety level of antsy feelings that I sort of had to wait out. At least when in pain I can focus and actually do things (albeit with more effort), but with this I was useless."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2015