Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Lactation Augmentation 3 reviews 1 medications

6.8
GERD 12 reviews 208 medications

Nausea/Vomiting 23 reviews 153 medications

5.8
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiographic Exam 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Small Intestine Intubation 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 79 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Review by Migraine mama (taken for less than 1 month):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: So glad I looked up these reviews! I had the same experience as others with the anxiety, wanting to crawl out of my skin feeling. I had the Benadryl as well, but it didn't help. The doctors and nurses were acting like I was crazy and like they had never heard of this reaction. I'm glad to know I'm not alone and that I wasn't imagining these symptoms. I literally could not lie in the bed - I was pacing around the hospital room, and actually had to jump up and down because I was so restless. Absolutely awful feeling - I'd almost rather have the migraine (almost, but not quite). They finally had to give me Ativan to help. The Reglan did get rid of my migraine though, that's why 2 stars.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2015 10:01 AM

For Migraine: Went to urgent care with a migraine I could not get rid of they gave me Benadryl first and then metoclopramide. At first I felt my skin crawling and felt like I couldn't sit still but after about 5 minutes I start to relax and fell asleep. I woke up and no migraine defiantly helped me a lot even though it did make me feel like I had some anxiety at first.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 3:09 PM

Review by Nelly2011 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: I took this four times a day for four months and it greatly increased my milk production and had no side effects .

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 12:04 AM

Review by Prego with migraines (taken for less than 1 month):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: I'm so glad I read these postings. I was admitted to ER After a five day migraine. I was given this medicine through an IV. It took about 45-hour to feel relief. It took my pain level from a 10 to a 4. However the first 20 minutes I felt very restless suddenly and I want to be out of the hospital, I was uncomfortable and I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm. I was paranoid waiting for my boyfriend to come back from the restroom. I couldn't explain the feeling but after reading the other posts I see it was a similar experience and side effect to the other posters.

January 12, 2015 8:56 PM

Review by Kulit:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I've been suffering from nausea/vomiting due to my pregnancy. At the Emergency Hospital I was prescribed to take Reglan 10mg. Bought the medicine and afraid to take it, took me two weeks to finally try them due to horrible reviews I read online. This medicine stopped my vomiting and to my surprise never had any side effect on me.

January 12, 2015 5:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: I have what has so far been categorized as gastroparesis-- and while it did help with my stomach pains after eating, I acquired a heavy restlessness that basically made it impossible to do anything. I could hardly focus my vision nonetheless my mind, and my muscles felt tense and restless, occasionally twitching. It was almost an anxiety level of antsy feelings that I sort of had to wait out. At least when in pain I can focus and actually do things (albeit with more effort), but with this I was useless.

January 6, 2015 3:00 AM

Review by C-Lo (taken for 10 years or more):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: I have a history of cluster migraines and occasionally have to make a trip to the ER when they become severe. The Reglan and Toradol combination gives me 100% relief, but learned the hard way, I need Benadryl intravenously or I'll suffer what some of you have reported (anxiousness, pacing, crawling skin, inability to fall asleep, feeling wired). Suffering from the migraine is horrible enough, you don't want the ugly side effects, ask for Benadryl and this should also help you sleep.

January 3, 2015 10:54 AM

Review by mmu:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: I went to the ER for a migraines I had for three days. I was given this medicine with Benadryl. What I noticed was the nurse gave me the Benadryl first through IV then Reglan. It worked really fast. No extra side effects. I also was given Toradol, it worked as well.

November 20, 2014 2:18 AM

Review by cswig:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: The first time I ended up in the ER for a migraine was 10/5/14. It started at 11 AM while I was at work, and only progressed throughout the day. I wasn't able to eat, and when I finally did, I threw it up within minutes. I took 1650 mg of Tylenol between 11 and 10 PM, applied heat to my neck (which usually helps me), took a hot shower, and laid in a dark room....NOTHING helped that I tried. It brought me to tears, and I couldn't get comfortable or fall asleep...it felt worse while laying down. I called my mom at 1045 PM and asked her to take me to the ER. I was given Toradol, Benadryl, and Reglan, and I felt no pain and was asleep within minutes.....I slept majority of the following day, but it helped!!!!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 8:15 PM

Review by Meg T:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: Combination of Benadryl and Reglan have worked to break 3/4 day migraines for me. You can go to the ER and be treated through IV, but the oral medicines work just as good.

October 16, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by Babygyrlty:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: I have a history of migraines and Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol always works for me. My migraines seem to always be at night and wake me from sleep, I usually use an ice cube (plain not covered on temple) and it works. Really bad ones require the above combination and puts me to sleep all day when I return home from ER. Also my eye loses sight in bottom half/top half or complete eye for a few mins which I found out is a retinal migraine, which is strange because there is no pain at all with that one.

July 25, 2014 7:54 PM

Review by GD; (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Gastroparesis: I take ONLY 10mg a day and It works for my nausea also. My biggest fear was/is the Tardive Dyskinesia. After my Esophagectomy I was prescribed it three times a day, and I didn't take it. I suffered a while longer and then just took one every other day or so and now even a few days in a row taking it and I've been fine.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by type 1 diabetic male:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: Went to the hospital for uncontrollable nausea/vomiting and am Type 1 diabetic. By IV it made me restless, agitated, and my face felt slightly swollen but it along with some Zofran in-between stopped the vomiting. They diagnosed me with gastroparesis so now I take it 30 mins before I eat and once before bed.

June 27, 2014 12:01 PM

Review by SammyKijak:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: Amazing for me! I react poorly to pain medications in general, typically resulting in intense nausea. This medication however, on multiple occasions, turned migraines so severe all I can do is scream and flail, into pure nothing within 15 minutes. This seems almost a miracle for me.

May 16, 2014 9:01 AM

Review by Red C. (taken for less than 1 month):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: Had a migraine for three days that escalated and went to the ER. They have me Reglan with saline. Not only did it do NOTHING for my headache, it put my Restless Leg Syndrome into overdrive affecting my entire body but wouldn't prescribe anything for that. They attempted to flush it out with more saline to no avail. They eventually gave me Fiorecet and that at least helped, though didn't stop, the migraine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 7:24 PM

Review by MRSDJMCW (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: This is a follow up to my earlier unfavorable review. I experienced several negative effects due to a excess of serotonin, caused by my concommittant use of several anti-depressants. My Dr. adjusted my dosage to only 1/2 of a 5mg. tablet taken a few hours after my evening dinner, and did not eat again until breakfast the next morning. This reduced my negative effects to almost zero, while still maintaining the medicines efficacy. I am able to continue this dose EVERY OTHER evening with VERY favorable results! There has been a considerable reduction in the severe bloating, nausea, and inability to eat even a small meal. I am thrilled to finally feel normal again! I'm so happy I stuck with it, a simple dose adjustment has changed my life!!

April 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: Went ER on Saturday got Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol, along with a bag of saline. Yummy combination, knocked out my migraine and me. Slept for an hour in hospital then another 4 at home. I'm still wiped out but after a doozy of a migraine I am exhausted for at least 5 days post. Almost like a hangover.

April 7, 2014 10:34 AM

Review by Astro112:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I had anxiety due to a fear of vomiting I always felt sick but I take one of these (sometimes half) before bed and I feel better the stress that I am going to vomit goes away and I have a good nights sleep without feeling sick to the stomach. Have been on it for 2 months and now I have started to cut down my dose due to the side effects I have read about. I don't have a high dose only 1 a day sometimes 2 depending on how I feel.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2013 12:29 AM

Review by ms vicki (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Gastroparesis: I have been taking this for two month. It has been the best at relieving my symtoms.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 17, 2013 7:29 PM

Review by Bmadsnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: This with Benadryl knocks out most of my migraines where Imitrex wouldn't touch them.

November 19, 2013 11:53 PM

Review by HoneyGram57 (taken for less than 1 month):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I had 3-10 mg tabs in a day. By the third pill my throat was swelling, hives had appeared, I was agitated, confused & having horrible cramps. Was given 50 mg Benadryl every 4 hours for first 24 hours but it took 3 days to return to normal.

June 7, 2013 12:57 AM

Review by gacsmom1:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: Reglan has been a miracle for me. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis and tried to control the symptoms through diet because I was worried about the potential side effects, but the nausea was debilitating. My doctor finally didn't give me a choice, he said I needed to be on Reglan as I was losing too much weight because I couldn't eat. I truly feel like a new person. Although I still have "spells" where the nausea comes back, it's not nearly as severe and is controllable with Zofran. I would recommend Reglan to anyone with gastroparesis!

June 6, 2013 3:34 PM

Review by bubbagojiss:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for : I got a second opinion from an OB GYN, I am 32 weeks pregnant, and for most of the pregnancy, I have felt full, tight and bloated. About 6 weeks ago, I called the midwife I have been seeing and told her how I have been feeling, but she told me that was just part of being pregnant. Well, yes, but not to this extreme. I feel so full and tight after I eat, that I didn't look forward to eating, I was forcing myself to eat for the baby. I ended up in the hospital for being dehydrated and not eating enough. So, I went for a second opinion and she put me on the Reglan. It has helped tremendously! I actually feel hungry now! It has taken the edge off how full and tight I feel after I eat. So far, I haven't experienced any of the side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by Mackie13:

For Migraine: I too received a Reglan (metroclopramide) with Benadryl IV when treated in the ER. I was warned that this medication would make me extremely drowsy and it did. I also have to say I felt an extreme restlessness almost as instantly as I felt the medication reach my veins. I remember my husband holding my hand and rubbing my back and telling me to settle down because I became antsy. I was thrashing a little and tossing and turning in the bed. I think we experience this because the medication comes on so strongly and your first instinct is to try to fight how you're feeling and it gives you extreme fatigue which I believe gives a false sensation or dizziness and that you're falling which I believe is what causes the anxiousness and restlessnes.

April 12, 2013 6:56 PM

Review by EllieJoey (taken for less than 1 month):

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I am 15 weeks pregnant, and have been fighting hyperemesis since week 10. I obviously don't want to take ANY medicines while pregnant, but the risk of not eating and drinking has become much worse. I've had 3 I.V.'s. I tried Unisom with B6, Zofran, even Phenergan. Nothing touches the vomiting. Reglan is the only medicine that will stop the vomiting AND allow me to eat and drink. I take it only when I'm totally desperate, but it is a miracle.

March 30, 2013 1:36 PM