User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Lactation Augmentation 3 reviews 1 medications

6.8
GERD 12 reviews 208 medications

Nausea/Vomiting 24 reviews 153 medications

5.7
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 48 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiographic Exam 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Small Intestine Intubation 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 84 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Was given this in ER through an IV. Immediately heart started racing and felt like I was going to pass out. Blood pressure went from 124 to 159 within seconds. Never want to experience that again."

Anonymous May 7, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was diagnosed with "Chronic Migraine Disease" 18 yrs. ago. I have tried too many medications to list. Almost all of which have not worked for me. About 9 yrs. ago during a trip to the emergency for a migraine, I had the worst nausea. I was given Reglan for the first time. Not only did it stop the nausea, it calmed my migraine down! I wasn't even given any Dilodid. I couldn't believe it! I was later perscribed Reglan along with Maxalt. This combo worked the best for me. However, my doctor quit using Maxalt. So, while searching for new meds. my doctor gave me a prescription of Reglan to at least help with the nausea. Not only did it help with that, but if caught early enough, it would stop my migraines. I love Reglan!"

Blarinerin (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 4, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "It helped with the migraine but I experienced terrible anxiety!"

Brittany S (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I don't have a history of migraine but I had sever headache for 3 days so I went to ER. After doing some scans they gave me Benadryl, toradol and Reglan by IV. As soon as Reglan was injected I had severe reaction to it within seconds and I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I was literally paralyzed. I could hear people talking but I wasn't able to respond and my heart rate went to 150 bpm. It was the worse feeling ever. They had to give me an antidote to reverse the effects but it still took almost 3 hours for me to actually speak again. After that day I personally do not like Reglan and how dangerous the side effects can be."

MahaZ March 31, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Dr ordered me IV w Reglan and Benadryl last night at ER. After over 48 hrs of misery I immediately got relief. I don't understand people who are saying they felt like they were coming out of their skin- I passed out almost immediately (which was great because I have only been able to sleep about 3 hours over the 48 hour period before ER). Guess we are all different. I will say that I got a solid 8 hours of pain relief and finally sleep but now it's back :( We are having lots of winter storms here so maybe something to do with the air pressure or something? IDK but this sucks."

Anonymonious (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "So glad I looked up these reviews! I had the same experience as others with the anxiety, wanting to crawl out of my skin feeling. I had the Benadryl as well, but it didn't help. The doctors and nurses were acting like I was crazy and like they had never heard of this reaction. I'm glad to know I'm not alone and that I wasn't imagining these symptoms. I literally could not lie in the bed - I was pacing around the hospital room, and actually had to jump up and down because I was so restless. Absolutely awful feeling - I'd almost rather have the migraine (almost, but not quite). They finally had to give me Ativan to help. The Reglan did get rid of my migraine though, that's why 2 stars. "

Migraine mama (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

For Migraine: "Went to urgent care with a migraine I could not get rid of they gave me Benadryl first and then metoclopramide. At first I felt my skin crawling and felt like I couldn't sit still but after about 5 minutes I start to relax and fell asleep. I woke up and no migraine defiantly helped me a lot even though it did make me feel like I had some anxiety at first."

Anonymous February 3, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "I took this four times a day for four months and it greatly increased my milk production and had no side effects ."

Nelly2011 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I'm so glad I read these postings. I was admitted to ER After a five day migraine. I was given this medicine through an IV. It took about 45-hour to feel relief. It took my pain level from a 10 to a 4. However the first 20 minutes I felt very restless suddenly and I want to be out of the hospital, I was uncomfortable and I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm. I was paranoid waiting for my boyfriend to come back from the restroom. I couldn't explain the feeling but after reading the other posts I see it was a similar experience and side effect to the other posters."

Prego with migraines (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been suffering from nausea/vomiting due to my pregnancy. At the Emergency Hospital I was prescribed to take Reglan 10mg. Bought the medicine and afraid to take it, took me two weeks to finally try them due to horrible reviews I read online. This medicine stopped my vomiting and to my surprise never had any side effect on me."

Kulit January 12, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "I have what has so far been categorized as gastroparesis-- and while it did help with my stomach pains after eating, I acquired a heavy restlessness that basically made it impossible to do anything. I could hardly focus my vision nonetheless my mind, and my muscles felt tense and restless, occasionally twitching. It was almost an anxiety level of antsy feelings that I sort of had to wait out. At least when in pain I can focus and actually do things (albeit with more effort), but with this I was useless."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have a history of cluster migraines and occasionally have to make a trip to the ER when they become severe. The Reglan and Toradol combination gives me 100% relief, but learned the hard way, I need Benadryl intravenously or I'll suffer what some of you have reported (anxiousness, pacing, crawling skin, inability to fall asleep, feeling wired). Suffering from the migraine is horrible enough, you don't want the ugly side effects, ask for Benadryl and this should also help you sleep. "

C-Lo (taken for 10 years or more) January 3, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the ER for a migraines I had for three days. I was given this medicine with Benadryl. What I noticed was the nurse gave me the Benadryl first through IV then Reglan. It worked really fast. No extra side effects. I also was given Toradol, it worked as well."

mmu November 20, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "The first time I ended up in the ER for a migraine was 10/5/14. It started at 11 AM while I was at work, and only progressed throughout the day. I wasn't able to eat, and when I finally did, I threw it up within minutes. I took 1650 mg of Tylenol between 11 and 10 PM, applied heat to my neck (which usually helps me), took a hot shower, and laid in a dark room....NOTHING helped that I tried. It brought me to tears, and I couldn't get comfortable or fall asleep...it felt worse while laying down. I called my mom at 1045 PM and asked her to take me to the ER. I was given Toradol, Benadryl, and Reglan, and I felt no pain and was asleep within minutes.....I slept majority of the following day, but it helped!!!!"

cswig October 20, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Combination of Benadryl and Reglan have worked to break 3/4 day migraines for me. You can go to the ER and be treated through IV, but the oral medicines work just as good."

Meg T October 16, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I have a history of migraines and Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol always works for me. My migraines seem to always be at night and wake me from sleep, I usually use an ice cube (plain not covered on temple) and it works. Really bad ones require the above combination and puts me to sleep all day when I return home from ER. Also my eye loses sight in bottom half/top half or complete eye for a few mins which I found out is a retinal migraine, which is strange because there is no pain at all with that one."

Babygyrlty July 25, 2014

For Gastroparesis: "I take ONLY 10mg a day and It works for my nausea also. My biggest fear was/is the Tardive Dyskinesia. After my Esophagectomy I was prescribed it three times a day, and I didn't take it. I suffered a while longer and then just took one every other day or so and now even a few days in a row taking it and I've been fine."

GD; (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "Went to the hospital for uncontrollable nausea/vomiting and am Type 1 diabetic. By IV it made me restless, agitated, and my face felt slightly swollen but it along with some Zofran in-between stopped the vomiting. They diagnosed me with gastroparesis so now I take it 30 mins before I eat and once before bed."

type 1 diabetic male June 27, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Amazing for me! I react poorly to pain medications in general, typically resulting in intense nausea. This medication however, on multiple occasions, turned migraines so severe all I can do is scream and flail, into pure nothing within 15 minutes. This seems almost a miracle for me."

SammyKijak May 16, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Had a migraine for three days that escalated and went to the ER. They have me Reglan with saline. Not only did it do NOTHING for my headache, it put my Restless Leg Syndrome into overdrive affecting my entire body but wouldn't prescribe anything for that. They attempted to flush it out with more saline to no avail. They eventually gave me Fiorecet and that at least helped, though didn't stop, the migraine. "

Red C. (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "This is a follow up to my earlier unfavorable review. I experienced several negative effects due to a excess of serotonin, caused by my concommittant use of several anti-depressants. My Dr. adjusted my dosage to only 1/2 of a 5mg. tablet taken a few hours after my evening dinner, and did not eat again until breakfast the next morning. This reduced my negative effects to almost zero, while still maintaining the medicines efficacy. I am able to continue this dose EVERY OTHER evening with VERY favorable results! There has been a considerable reduction in the severe bloating, nausea, and inability to eat even a small meal. I am thrilled to finally feel normal again! I'm so happy I stuck with it, a simple dose adjustment has changed my life!!"

MRSDJMCW (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2014

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went ER on Saturday got Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol, along with a bag of saline. Yummy combination, knocked out my migraine and me. Slept for an hour in hospital then another 4 at home. I'm still wiped out but after a doozy of a migraine I am exhausted for at least 5 days post. Almost like a hangover."

Anonymous April 7, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I had anxiety due to a fear of vomiting I always felt sick but I take one of these (sometimes half) before bed and I feel better the stress that I am going to vomit goes away and I have a good nights sleep without feeling sick to the stomach. Have been on it for 2 months and now I have started to cut down my dose due to the side effects I have read about. I don't have a high dose only 1 a day sometimes 2 depending on how I feel."

Astro112 December 20, 2013

For Gastroparesis: "I have been taking this for two month. It has been the best at relieving my symtoms."

ms vicki (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2013

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "This with Benadryl knocks out most of my migraines where Imitrex wouldn't touch them."

Bmadsnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2013