User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative 1 reviews 14 medications

GERD 12 reviews 207 medications

Lactation Augmentation 2 reviews 1 medications

Nausea/Vomiting 22 reviews 152 medications

5.7
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiographic Exam 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Small Intestine Intubation 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 64 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Review by MRSDJMCW (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: This is a follow up to my earlier unfavorable review. I experienced several negative effects due to a excess of serotonin, caused by my concommittant use of several anti-depressants. My Dr. adjusted my dosage to only 1/2 of a 5mg. tablet taken a few hours after my evening dinner, and did not eat again until breakfast the next morning. This reduced my negative effects to almost zero, while still maintaining the medicines efficacy. I am able to continue this dose EVERY OTHER evening with VERY favorable results! There has been a considerable reduction in the severe bloating, nausea, and inability to eat even a small meal. I am thrilled to finally feel normal again! I'm so happy I stuck with it, a simple dose adjustment has changed my life!!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 9, 2014 9:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: Went ER on Saturday got Reglan, Benadryl and Toprol, along with a bag of saline. Yummy combination, knocked out my migraine and me. Slept for an hour in hospital then another 4 at home. I'm still wiped out but after a doozy of a migraine I am exhausted for at least 5 days post. Almost like a hangover.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2014 10:34 AM
Review by Astro112: User Rating:

metoclopramide for Nausea/Vomiting: I had anxiety due to a fear of vomiting I always felt sick but I take one of these (sometimes half) before bed and I feel better the stress that I am going to vomit goes away and I have a good nights sleep without feeling sick to the stomach. Have been on it for 2 months and now I have started to cut down my dose due to the side effects I have read about. I don't have a high dose only 1 a day sometimes 2 depending on how I feel.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 20, 2013 12:29 AM
Review by ms vicki (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

metoclopramide for Gastroparesis: I have been taking this for two month. It has been the best at relieving my symtoms.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2013 7:29 PM
Review by Bmadsnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: This with Benadryl knocks out most of my migraines where Imitrex wouldn't touch them.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 19, 2013 11:53 PM
Review by HoneyGram57 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I had 3-10 mg tabs in a day. By the third pill my throat was swelling, hives had appeared, I was agitated, confused & having horrible cramps. Was given 50 mg Benadryl every 4 hours for first 24 hours but it took 3 days to return to normal.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 7, 2013 12:57 AM
Review by gacsmom1: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: Reglan has been a miracle for me. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis and tried to control the symptoms through diet because I was worried about the potential side effects, but the nausea was debilitating. My doctor finally didn't give me a choice, he said I needed to be on Reglan as I was losing too much weight because I couldn't eat. I truly feel like a new person. Although I still have "spells" where the nausea comes back, it's not nearly as severe and is controllable with Zofran. I would recommend Reglan to anyone with gastroparesis!

June 6, 2013 3:34 PM
Review by bubbagojiss: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide): I got a second opinion from an OB GYN, I am 32 weeks pregnant, and for most of the pregnancy, I have felt full, tight and bloated. About 6 weeks ago, I called the midwife I have been seeing and told her how I have been feeling, but she told me that was just part of being pregnant. Well, yes, but not to this extreme. I feel so full and tight after I eat, that I didn't look forward to eating, I was forcing myself to eat for the baby. I ended up in the hospital for being dehydrated and not eating enough. So, I went for a second opinion and she put me on the Reglan. It has helped tremendously! I actually feel hungry now! It has taken the edge off how full and tight I feel after I eat. So far, I haven't experienced any of the side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 24, 2013 10:48 PM
Review by Mackie13: User Rating:

metoclopramide for Migraine: I too received a Reglan (metroclopramide) with Benadryl IV when treated in the ER. I was warned that this medication would make me extremely drowsy and it did. I also have to say I felt an extreme restlessness almost as instantly as I felt the medication reach my veins. I remember my husband holding my hand and rubbing my back and telling me to settle down because I became antsy. I was thrashing a little and tossing and turning in the bed. I think we experience this because the medication comes on so strongly and your first instinct is to try to fight how you're feeling and it gives you extreme fatigue which I believe gives a false sensation or dizziness and that you're falling which I believe is what causes the anxiousness and restlessnes.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 12, 2013 6:56 PM
Review by EllieJoey (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I am 15 weeks pregnant, and have been fighting hyperemesis since week 10. I obviously don't want to take ANY medicines while pregnant, but the risk of not eating and drinking has become much worse. I've had 3 I.V.'s. I tried Unisom with B6, Zofran, even Phenergan. Nothing touches the vomiting. Reglan is the only medicine that will stop the vomiting AND allow me to eat and drink. I take it only when I'm totally desperate, but it is a miracle.

March 30, 2013 1:36 PM
Review by ajacobsen74 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Reglan in the E.R. via I.V. for nausea/vomiting, It caused extreme panic and agitation! I was given Benadryl to reverse the horrible reaction.

March 18, 2013 10:34 PM
Review by FTA: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I've been sick for weeks! Can't eat or drink! Stomach pain! It's been a nightmare and Reglan worked in the first hour! Amazing!!

March 9, 2013 9:08 PM
Review by Rickygs: User Rating:

metoclopramide for Gastroparesis: I have MS & GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE (GERD) and GASTROPARESIS and have been taking Metoclopramide 5 mg , 2/ a day for a year then they raised it to 5mg/4 times a day. Soon after they went up 10mg 4/ times a day. When i went to the 4 a day i started having problems. It started with a low grade fever and major confusion and then came the breathing troubles, plus some anxiety that got pretty bad. I could not catch my breath mainly at night. It got so bad I was even starting to panic. It may have caused other side effects but with MS they were hard to tell. I just stopped taking them and after the second night my breathing was a little better.I am hoping that goes away.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2013 12:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I got prescribed the Reglan, for my nausea, and gastroparesis, and I only need to take two or three days worth and not the full months worth, it works great, except for one of the minor side effects that I get every time I take it. I would recommend it to anybody who has nausea, gastroparesis, GERD.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 7, 2013 4:53 PM
Review by May123 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: This medication made me feel like I was going crazy. I slept all day and my bones felt all mushy, could barely walk and had severe back and neck pain which I still do and prevents me from living life normally. I never know medication could do this until I experienced it for myself.

January 13, 2013 7:29 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for GERD: I was supposed to take it 3x's a day, after two doses I began to experience severe side effects. My heart was racing, I couldn't sit still, I couldn't control my eyes. They were rolling around, I couldn't focus on anything. I only took two doses of the medication before I stopped, not even a full days worth. The side effects (inability to focus my eyes) remained for over a week after I stopped taking it.

November 13, 2012 8:45 PM
Review by Kimbot (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: I found this medication extremely helpful when I was first diagnosed. I had to change my eating habits dramatically, so when I messed up or when the nausea flared up Reglan was great. I did find, like many other patients, that the side effects (anxiety for me) got worse over time. After about a year I felt I had learned how to manage my diet and stopped taking Reglan entirely. Reglan was a great tool in the beginning to help me figure out what eating habits worked, but now I manage everything through diet. I think that is very possible for others with gastroparesis, too.

September 27, 2012 1:09 PM
Review by emycunningham: User Rating:

Metozolv ODT (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: Metozolv OTC is very easy to take as it melts immediately on your tongue. It does seems to help with some of the gastroparesis symptoms but does not completely eliminate them. However my biggest concern is side effects it causes. After one month of use I noticed by breast becoming larger, painful, and lactating upon touch. (No I'm not a candidate for pregnancy!). I'm sure all medicines have their issues but the lactating definitely concerns me. I must add Metozolv is very costly.

April 13, 2012 6:10 PM
Review by ks125: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: I was on this medicine for about 2 weeks, and I had to quit taking it. My hands started shaking and I also developed a head and neck twitch. I also had a difficult time thinking, reacting and focusing. My vision was blurry and I often felt anxious. It didn't seem to help as much as it hurt. Now I have to wait to see if my ticks go away.

March 18, 2012 8:41 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: Was given this for a severe migraine along with saline in a drip. After 10-15 minutes I was 100% better and wide awake ready to go and not in an anxious or wired way just felt ready to go home and pick back up my night. Nothing ever has worked this fast for me and I've been to the ER for migraines many times in the past. This was by far the best medicine given to me and I had no side effects whatsoever. 2 thumbs up for this medicine!

February 27, 2012 11:11 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: For nearly three years, starting at age 18, I would get uncontrollable nausea and stomach pain for months at a time. I was told by four doctors that it was acid reflux and to learn to live with it. I was taking 40 mg of Nexium every day, but it got to a point where I never felt well anymore, I was constantly fatigued, I had no appetite, and I was becoming increasingly depressed. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis by my fifth doctor and she put me on Reglan. Within an hour of taking the first dose, I felt better than I had in years. I can't put into words how positively Reglan has changed my life. I've now been on it for a year and a half. I've never had any negative side effects nor has the effectiveness ever waned. Reglan is a blessing.

January 4, 2012 10:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I have been taking this medicine off and on for about 2 years. When I first started I hated it because it made me feel anxious and depressed and emotional. I was on 10mg a few times a day. It took the sickness away but I couldn't handle the side effects so I stopped and the sickness came back. Finally the Dr. cut it down to 5mg and I felt so much better with that. The side effects were gone and sickness was controlled too. I'm doing very well with this medicine but the long term use still has me nervous because I don't want to develop tremors later. So far so good and I feel pretty good.

January 3, 2012 11:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Reglan via IV and mouth just prior to both of my c-sections. On both occasions, within minutes I was very anxious. On the operating table I had an anxiety attack and was begging for someone to help me. Everyone just thought I was freaking out because it was a c-section. I thought I had gone crazy. It ruined both of my childbirth experiences because I didn't care about the birth - all I wanted was to crawl out of my skin and disappear so I could get away from the awful panic and anxiety. Although I was physically present for the birth, mentally and emotionally I had checked out.

November 3, 2011 1:42 PM
Review by TotalKneeDone: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I was given this in IV before surgey. I immediately became anxious and could not sit still . The PA said "oh yes this happens sometimes". They had to give me Benadryl to calm me down. It was the worst experience I have had -out of control and jumpy.

November 1, 2011 12:10 AM
Review by Chanel217: User Rating:

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: I was given Reglan intravenously for nausea while in the emergency room. Almost immediately I began have these overwhelming urges to rip the IV out of my arm and run away as fast as possible, it felt like a shock wave was passing through every muscle in my body. The nurse said it was "restlessness" and it wasn't uncommon. Every few seconds the sensation would return, and all I could do was wiggle around in the bed and cry, I felt so helpless. It took an hour for the feelings could go away.

October 27, 2011 9:47 PM
Page 1 2 3 Next

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here