User Reviews for Metoclopramide

Also known as: Maxolon, Metozolv ODT, Reglan

Learn more about Metoclopramide.

Nausea/Vomiting, Postoperative 1 reviews 14 medications

Lactation Augmentation 5 reviews 1 medications

4.8
Summary of Metoclopramide reviews 121 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Metoclopramide

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Lactation Augmentation: "The purpose of my writing this review is to warn nursing mothers against using this drug. The drug worked - it increased my milk supply - but at a very high cost. Prior to taking Reglan, I had never had issues with depression or insomnia and very little issues with anxiety. Throughout the latter part of my taking this drug, anxiety increased steadily. Then I stopped sleeping. I became extremely anxious and severely depressed. After over two weeks going on a total of no more than 15 hours of sleep, I was admitted to the hospital. While in the hospital, I stopped taking Reglan. After five days off the drug, I was fine. Please do not take this drug. The other reviews are accurate as well. It is not worth it."

Nik280 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I've been in & out of ER for years when a really nasty migraine won't stop with at home meds. I usually get a migraine cocktail with either phenergan & nuban, or benadryl & reglan. Only this time I was uncontrollably vomiting with a hernia & back surgery and needed relief pronto. When they administered benadryl I was fine, then the reglan & within minutes I was literally jumping of the bed high stepping & jumping around the room. Things your body can't physically do after multiple back surgeries. Suddenly surrounded by 4 nurses saying oh boy, this reaction to reglan only happens maybe 4 times in their careers (to this extent.) They gave me 3 shots of something to reverse effects, but took over & hour! Now have a reglan allergy band!!!"

Migraine sufferer for 25 years (taken for 10 years or more) January 16, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Anytime you go into an ER with a migraine the doc will automatically try an avoid real meds and instead says we're gonna try reglan which has a sedative effect and then add Benadryl and knock you out, turn off the lights and close the door for Dark and quiet. Good thing for any kind of headache. About thirty minutes later the doctor rushes in flips on the light and says how's the headache? At thirty minutes of sleeping your just starting to hit REM. You're groggy from the sedative effects therefore not thinking clearly so you answer like um ok I guess. "Great lets get you outa here." On the way out as you're waking up you realize the pain is still there but too late. Reglan is great for the Doctors but does nothing for the patient."

Rwd681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

For GERD: "This medication worked fine to reduce pain in chest associated with gerd. However, after about a month taking the medication up to three times a day, I was nearly put on anti depressants. As I was taking the medication I noticed an increase in restlessness, general anxiety and finally insomnia. This was incredibly hard for me to deal with as I'm generally a happy, positive person. I could not understand what was causing the anxiety and I became very low. I was at my wits end when I realised that the time frame of the anxiety I was suffering and my taking the maxolon matched up. One day without the maxolon and I felt much better, more like my own self. I slept better and was more relaxed. This medication can cause serious side effects!"

RosieRR January 10, 2016

For Migraine: "I'm 18, and had a lumbar puncture done on 12/29. I've had a severe migraine ever since, so on Tuesday children's hospital told my mom to take me to the ER. Once there, they gave me this and let me tell you, from someone who suffers from terrible panic attacks, this was genuinely one of the worst ones I've ever had. Ten minutes in I started feeling restless and starting moving and moving because I literally wanted to rip the IV out of my arm and run out. I got up and I started sobbing and I felt like I was going to die. I really wanted to just rip the IV out and I was terrified that I was going to. Mom had to call a nurse and they gave me Benadryl & that knocked me out, a day later though my severe migraine is back. Not worth it guys. Nope."

Sophia from the 1975 January 8, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Gastroparesis: "I started this medication for Gastroparesis after 11 months of not being able to keep anything down. I noticed it helping after first two doses. I was so excited until the awful side effects started. Drowsiness to the point I couldn't function, severe stomach and back pain and bowel issues. I had to stop after 5 days in order to be able to take care of my family. So disappointed."

PepperPeanut January 3, 2016

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Horrible side effects. I was suddenly filled with aggression and rage after taking it. I was so irritated that I had to tell the doctor to give me something to calm me down before I ripped out my IV. Not something you want to deal with during a migraine."

DavidAC December 21, 2015

For Migraine: "I was given the IV "migraine cocktail" also when in the ER for a severe migraine. The nurse told me the Benadryl could make my chest feel heavy and possibly anxious. Benadryl was pushed slowly via IV and I started feeling relaxed and sleepy. THEN came the Reglan! After the Reglan was administered my relaxed sleepy state reversed and I felt like I wanted to rip the IV out of my arm, I felt so hot like I was boiling from the inside out, I was so nauseous, my heart rate went wayyy up. I was in full panic mode feeling like I made a huge mistake!!! I told my husband to get the nurse and when he finally found him he did nothing for me except tell me to calm down! Ugh... Never again will I put myself through that. Reglan...NO THANKS!"

SaraJH December 17, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I was first given reglan after my third bowel obstruction surgery and it worked very quickly. I was on it three times a day for three years. The long term use caused, nausea, 50lb weight loss, visual disturbances, fatigue, Parkinson like shaking, suicidal thoughts and irritability. I would not recommend this to anyone."

97lb weakling (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 2, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Been combating nausea for a while, doc gave me reglan to try out (pill form). I think I had to pay for it out of my own pocket, it was quite expensive for a 42-pill box (14 days worth, 3 pills per day) I took one pill. felt weird, a bit shaky, but nausea went away. Later that day I took the second pill, started feeling sleepy, more shaky, couldn't sit still. I didn't really connect it to the pills so later I took the third pill and I think I went crazy when it kicked in. Very anxious and "I want out of this" feeling. I would never take this drug again. I'd rather throw up."

Anon Ymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Lord! This was like a death experience for me. I am scarred for life. I have been feeling sick for about 4 days in which I acquired sore throat, earache, stiff neck, super swollen lymph nodes, fever and the worst headache ever. After initial test that ruled out negative for meningitis, mono and strep throat they decided to give me a cocktail of reglan and benadryl through my iv. Within seconds I felt a burning sensation as well as sleepy..so I thought I would be okay. Boy! Was I wrong. My heart was racing 150bpm I lost my voice was super jittery and felt like I was going to die. The nurse told me to relax she looked worried. I wanted to pull my IV off I told her get it off and she insisted that she will give me Toradol to help calm me. :("

Anonymous December 1, 2015

For Migraine: "I was given this medicine in the ER for a horrible headache 2 years ago. My heart rate instantly shot up to 150 and I couldn't sit still. I wanted to rip my IV out. They pumped me full of ativan to try and get me to calm down. My legs and toes started moving on their own and they kept me in the hospital for 3 days!!! I now am plagued with horrible panic attacks and my toes still move on their own. Never take this drug!"

Sick of side effects November 21, 2015

For Migraine: "I have had migraines since age 19, at that time etiology unknown, but at 34 I was in an auto accident and found to have moderately severe scoliosis, and in 2006 I required a L4-5 S1 spinal fusion. I can control most migraines with either oral rizatriptan or rescue injections of sumatriptan, but 12/2014 I had a bilateral mastectomy for cancer with clearn margins and no involved lymph nodes. The added stress this past year caused severe migraines not responsive to injections. After numerous ER visits my primary physician prescribed 5mg oral Reglan prn nausea with migraine, and I now have relief with one-half tablet and sumatriptan injection. Reglan is sedating, calming, and I have 80% success in migraine relief."

jenmilwaukee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I went to the ER also last month because I was having bad migraines they gave me reglan and benadryl in the IV right away I was paranoid jittery and tried pulling the IV out my arm it was the worst feeling ever and I was so ready to go home. The good thing is that it did take my migraine away for about a month now. I just started having another migraine yesterday and I went to the ER 11-13-15 and they gave me the benadryl and reglan in the form of a pill - no IV and I didn't get that feeling this time just went to sleep really fast. I think it was the medicine going start in the IV straight to my blood stream a little to fast that gave me the bad side effects."

Marielovely November 14, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Went to the ER and they injected me with this, I immediately began coughing, fell back onto the bed, and began shaking uncontrollably and could not speak. The nurse panicked and her eyes got teary, she then told me to fall alseep and I refused because I was so scared! At 24 years old I was not ready for this, I felt I was going to die. Took me an hour to stop the shaking and my headache was still there. Never again! I am now traumatized from that experience and am afraid to ever get injected before knowing what exactly the drug is and its effects. Stay away from it please."

CarolinaR90 November 13, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Hey ladies, My first pregnancy was a breeze! Then I got pregnant with this one and at 5 weeks we found out because I was so sick I was vomiting at least 5 times a day. I finally asked my Dr. for help due to being concerned about my baby getting nutrients and food. He prescribed me Reglan 10mg and I take it 4 times a day -30 minutes before I eat and IT IS AMAZING! It does take about 25/30 minutes to kick in. I dont have any side effects yet and I hope it stays that way. So far I have been taking it for almost 4 weeks."

AirakeeSioux November 12, 2015

For Migraine: "Got the cocktail in the ER shortly after I felt anxious & jittery, I just wanted to get IV out could not get comfortable got real tired. It wore off about 1 hour or so later but it was blah never again."

clayton4life (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I've had a headache for a little over a month followed with nausea. However yesterday there was some pressure with it so I went to the ER. At the ER I was told that I would receive a migraine cocktail, which was Benadryl, Reglan, and IV fluids, not knowing what to expect I accepted. As soon as I was given the medicine through my IV I immediately began to feel jittery. My legs started shaking, it felt like something was crawling on me, and then I got extremely sleepy. I kept falling asleep but every time I woke up I had some serious anxiety. I never want to experience that feeling again. And what do you know today my head is starting to hurt again."

NuJersey November 10, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "Reglan, given in a small dose in her IV takes my 16 year old daughter's migraine away. She is a chronic sufferer and has been for many years. She has been hospitalized for migraines. In an hour she is back to normal but sleepy from Reoglan, Toridol and another anti-nausea med. I'm going to see if she can take Reglan at home in pill form to save a trip to the ER."

Mom of migraine suffer (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I was given this medicine through an IV while visiting the ER for a migraine. Reglan gave me the worst feeling that I've ever had. I had a major panic attack within minutes. I had weird thoughts and my body could not stop shaking, especially my legs. There was a pool of sweat under me. I felt trapped and thought I was going to die. I wanted to tear out the IV needle a leave. The panic only lasted 2 hours, but it felt like 2 days. I hope to never have that feeling again."

JCT 1972 October 22, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Admitted to the hospital on Monday with Nausea and Vomiting. By Tuesday the Doctor's wanted to send me home but not with out eating. So, I was giving IV push. Within minutes I felt restless, needed to run out of my skin and other all feeling of dread! One of the worst meds. The Doctors acted as if they didn't understand what was going on and the Nurse didn't care. I sat in a fetal position all day trying to breath through the overwhelming restlessness. It is now Tuesday evening and I still feel restless!! Just took Benedryl and it did not help at all. Would not recommend this med or the hospital I was at. Also, losing faith in Nurses and Doctors"

chriska (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I had to go to the ER since nothing was working with my nausea and acid reflux. I tried so many nausea meds since I've been pregnant (19 weeks). I have ulcers from this. They prescribed me this and it helps. I take it when I wake up, keeps me awake, and I can finally eat. And I haven't had any side affects"

Acid Reflux mom September 12, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "This is not good I thought I was leaving this world I'm still experiencing side effect I took it yesterday through the IV and I got really paranoid it was the worst feeling it might not cause this feeling for some but I can related to anyone who has had a side effect from this med. If I have a headache next time I know what not to do when I go to the ER. I thought I was the only one but thanks to the internet we can share our experience. I would think they where using us as lab rats that med has weird side effects I'm still feeling it. I took it on 9/6/2015 and today I feel jittery & can't relax. I gotta move around a lot and I feel like taking off running its just the worst feeling."

Dree345 September 7, 2015

For Gastroparesis: "It was ok."

Itsnot4u2know2 September 4, 2015

Reglan (metoclopramide) for Migraine: "I wouldn't even give this drug a 1. I came to the ER last night for severe head and neck pain and this is what they suggested giving me in an IV. Reglan and Benadryl. I had this once a year or so ago and had a terrible reaction and insisted I didn't want the IV. However I ended up letting them talk me into it and got it. Within 5 minutes of getting the IV, I felt anxious, trapped, paranoid, like I was going to die. I had to page the nurse like 3 times to come take th IV out. I just wanted to go home. I ended up pacing and walking 20 laps around the hospital with a nurse. They ended up talking me into allowing them to give me Ativan and more Benadryl to reverse the Reglan. I truly felt like I was going to die."

Shelby K August 22, 2015