User Reviews for Cafergot

Learn more about Cafergot.

Migraine 7 reviews 67 medications

8.6
Cluster Headaches 4 reviews 34 medications

8.5
Summary of Cafergot reviews 11 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Cafergot

For Cluster Headaches "Takes about 40 minutes to kill a cluster headache for me, and I usually combine it with an energy drink for about ~30 minutes before it works. I also take half a pill whenever a shadow comes just in case. No side effects. "

John_o March 8, 2015

For Cluster Headaches "I usually take Exedrine migraine for my migraines this time it failed. My migraine lasted approx a day and a half looking desperately throughout my medicine cabinet I came across Cafergot which clearly I took at some point it relieved me a whole lot within I'd say about an hour very grateful for the medicine. Still have a slight throbbing pain at the back of my right eye but it has significantly reduced the pain."

hemz March 7, 2015

For Migraine "This is the only medicine that has ever stopped my migraines. I can't take the newer medications because they cause my blood pressure to spike. I never had any side effects with Cafergot and it worked."

j1c2 August 8, 2014

For Migraine "I have suffered from migraines for 35 years and have tried absolutely everything for them. Between my preventatives and abortives, I've been on over 75 different medications.. Cafergot is the ONLY medication outside of a Demerol injection at the emergency room that eliminates my migraines--even a level 10. However, I do experience extreme nausea from it--on top of the nausea from my migraine attack. Because of the level of nausea I often will not take it until my migraine is a level 9 or higher."

clniclark (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2014

For Cluster Headaches "I was diagnosed with cluster headaches in my late 20's, I was prescribed Cafergot and it worked great. Although now the FDA has taken the medicine off the market due to some people having bad side effects. I tried many different steroids my neurologist experimented with, hoping for some relief and less frequency of the attacks, which didn't work at all. Now I'm prescribed sumatriptan tablets, and they seem to be working great for me. "

HenleyShaun (taken for 10 years or more) July 29, 2013

For Migraine "Cafergot is the only medication that I have used that helps with my aura migraines."

Chickenfarmer February 15, 2013

For Migraine "This treatment, sadly not available in the US (recently) is quite effective and has no side effects."

Anonymous October 21, 2011

For Migraine "I have had migraines for years now (about 8). At first I didn't take anything special other than Advil. After a while my migraines got worse and I had to get something else. My doctor told me to try Cafergot. It did help a lot on the pain of the migraine but I still had to lay down in a dark room, face in a pillow, and a trash can ready since migraines make me feel nauseous. After about 3 hours I was able to get out of bed but was really exhausted. Cafergot did help with the headache and I think it would have been better if I had an anti-nausea medicine from keeping myself to throw up. "

Shiro April 6, 2011

For Migraine "I have suffered from migraines for 30 years. Was prescribed several types of medicines but as I was being violently sick with the migraines I couldn't keep anything down therefore nothing got a chance to work. I was then prescribed Cafergot suppositories and I then got my life back. They almost always work and quickly too. It seems that they are not as well known as other migraine medicines and my pharmacy does not keep a stock as I am the only customer they have that requires them. Sometimes they struggle to get them in stock for me so I have to take my prescription in plenty of time. I would be devastated if they were took off the market as they are the only thing I can take that really does work."

janicejj11 April 18, 2010

For Migraine "I've had almost daily migraines for a quarter century. I am almost seventy and they are finally starting to taper off some. At one time or another most every possible preventative and treatment in the book -- and a couple outside of it -- were prescribed. I tried a lot of other stuff on my own. The most consistently effective treatment was cafergot. I'd say it worked at least 90% of the time. The few times it didn't, neither did anything else."

irMac February 20, 2010

For Cluster Headaches "This drug worked as well for me as did my Imitrex, but when my Neuro. changed my preventative meds. he switched me from Cafergot back to Imitrex (?). But I was pleased with the results of this med."

Zonie March 31, 2008