User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Ankylosing Spondylitis 0 reviews 140 medications

Pain 35 reviews 911 medications

6.9
Period Pain 0 reviews 82 medications

3.5
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Celebrex reviews 80 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Celebrex

Review by Wendyrd:

For Osteoarthritis: Reduced pain in my C2 but caused nausea, sinus pain, runny nose, cough, when taking 100mg daily, and severely increased symptoms when dose increased to 200 mg daily for one day.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by CDEKR:

For Osteoarthritis: I'm going to eventually have to have hip surgery, but Celebrex is the only medication that currently reduces my right hip pain to the point where I have restored quality of life.

May 6, 2014 8:18 AM

Review by nancysmithe:

For Pain: I took 2 Advil for 5 yrs to alleviate arthritis pain. My hip/groin pain got so bad, I finally went to see a Doc. He prescribed Celebrex.. It works GREAT for my hands.... but not my hip. Someone suggested taking Tylenol WITH the Celebrex -- MUCH better results. I take l,000 mg of Tylenol and 200 mg Celebrex, daily. I hope by Summer the heat will help my arthritis and I can cut back on the Tylenol. Celebrex is very expensive. I wish the results had been a lot better for me but as a professional pianist, I'm SO grateful that it works great on my hands.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Review by Fishing gal (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoarthritis: I am 59 year old female. I have sport related injuries and have been suffering arthritis pain in both knees and hip for several years. Tried not to take medication all my life. Do not drink alcohol, tried chiropractic, tried massage therapy, do yoga regularly. But the pain was taking away my ability to enjoy life constant pain is a terrible thing. I have been taking Celebrex for approximately 1 week. I am sleeping better moving better and the pain has been reduced by at least 50%. Hoping to get my active life back. FINGERS CROSSED. Good Luck to fellow pain suffers this is definitely worth trying. Work with it. Don't drink alcohol. Eat something when you take it. I am on 2x200mg and will try to get that down to 1x. I tried 1x at first No Joy.

March 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by Ms Buhda:

For Osteoarthritis: The problem I ran into however was it's side effects. I had to stop taking it as it affected my breathing to the point that I couldn't walk half a block without gasping for air. To this day I still have respiratory problems after taking this.

February 20, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by :) (taken for 10 years or more):

For Pain: I agree with those who say Celebrex has improved quality of life. I joked with my doctor that Celebrex is the only "anti-depressant" that ever worked for me. Chronic pain is depressing. I have been on this medication for over a decade and my joints still move with ease - and without disabling pain. I am grateful.

February 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Review by JeromeZ1:

For Pain: I'm a 41-year-old male and for the last few years I started suffering from many of my gym and sports-related injuries. At first, it was the pain I associated with too much work at the gym or too many miles on the trail, or picking up too much weight for my arthritic lower back, etc., but when my elbows both shut down completely at exactly the same time, and I couldn't hold a tube of toothpaste anymore, I started to freak out. For months I took way too many OTC NSAIDs, prescription pain killers, steroids, on and on and nothing came close to relieving the pain. I became angry and depressed and was a complete grump. Then my Dr. prescribed Celebrex and it is nothing short of amazing. My quality of life has greatly improved. It's expensive though.

February 7, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Sugiyahartati (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I already used Celebrex for several years if I have pains.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by Bel air Sam:

For Pain: Use it when I play golf. It really works for me. Takes away all of the pain in my knee.

November 4, 2013 11:15 PM

Review by DGinny:

For Pain: I still have to take Advil, or Aleve in addition to Celebrex.

November 2, 2013 11:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoarthritis: Have been taking about 3 weeks (200mg/daily). Started having irregular heartbeats after about 2 weeks. Stopped taking and it cleared up, I started taking again and irregular heartbeats have returned. I guess I will have to stop, what a shame--- it really helps the pain!!!

October 31, 2013 9:10 PM

Review by KateRN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I feel as though I've been given a second chance at living. I am enjoying life for the first time in many years. I will be dropping off my walker, crutches and chair lift at the Goodwill this week (you may think I'm kidding--I'm serious). I do fear that the change might be temporary but, I'm going to enjoy everything while the pain is gone! (Five weeks pain free).

October 7, 2013 7:50 PM

Review by Anon22:

For Osteoarthritis: Celebrex is great for pain, ten out of ten - but for me, it has unwanted side effects, such as stomach bloat and hair loss. I was on it for 3 years, and came off of it, and now I am back on it because of the pain. But, I am going to try some other osteoarthritis medicines, and hope for less side effects. I'm female and the side effects of Celebrex are terrible.

September 30, 2013 12:29 PM

Review by NYTess:

For Osteoarthritis: I took 200mg 1 per day, for osteoarthritis in my hands. The pain relief was amazing. I could sleep through the night, and wake rested, and was thrilled to have nearly pain free use of my hands. After 1 week I began to develop an irregular heartbeat. First day, it wasn't too noticeable, and I was able to ignore the feeling. The irregularity increased, that night it was difficult to sleep. Next day I spoke to the doctor who did an EKG. He said I was having Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC). He advised I stop taking the Celebrex immediately. It took 4 days for the PVCs to subside. After waiting 2 weeks, I tried taking Celebrex again. After 3 days, the PVCs returned. Stopped the medicine, PVCs stopped.

September 27, 2013 12:59 AM

Review by YoungWisher (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Pain: I am 49 years old, my mother is in hospital with 2 knee replacement and I have noticed over the years I too have pain in my knees after years of then cracking as I walked upstairs. Then the pain got worse so I went to the doc and he told me to try Celebrex 300 mg a day and let me tell you so far no side effects and I am happy again. The wife says I am acting strange, she's never seen me so happy but its not for all. For me I wish I would have done this a lot sooner.

August 17, 2013 7:34 PM

Review by summer60:

For Osteoarthritis: I have osteoarthritis, primarily in my hands. On and off over the past 8 years, I've used Celebrex for flare-ups and can feel pain-free almost immediately! It is a miracle for any and all of my aches & pains. No negative side effects for me either. The only part is it's expense but today I found several websites that offer coupons for it.

June 14, 2013 11:46 PM

Review by LJ 66 years of age, female (taken for less than 1 month):

For Osteoarthritis: I was given some samples of Celebrex from my physician for wrist and hand pain. After I took the second capsule of 200 mg, I awoke in the night with an extremely bad headache, had the chills, aching muscles, runny nose and a dry hacking cough. I stopped taking the pills, but as my symptoms persisted, I believed I had the flu. Three weeks later, I again tried Celebrex and on the second day of taking the pills, I was again stricken with chills, a headache, nausea and the runny nose. These symptoms have stayed with me for the past three days.

February 13, 2013 10:56 AM

Review by DMayo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Pain: I had great relief of the pain issue but I gained 40 pounds in 3 months. My weight has been stable for 15 years until I began gaining weight overnight. The sudden weight gain is worse than the initial pain so I have discontinued taking Celebrex.

February 1, 2013 9:32 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was given Celebrex for arthritis in my knee. After taking it for about two weeks I started to notice not only was my knee better and I was able to resume all of my normal activities with no pain but my foot that I had been suffering from planter fasciitis for two and a half years was finally not hurting. I had been through every treatment and three different foot doctors with no relief at all. Celebrex is by far the best medicine I have taken it has given me back my life in more ways then one.

January 4, 2013 10:59 PM

Review by Kaylenmar (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I am a 76 year old female and have been taking Celebrex on and off for many years. When my arthritis gives me pain I take it for about 2 or 3 weeks and the pain is gone. Right now I have been taking it everyday for the last 3 months because I need a knee replacement and I am practically free of pain. I highly recommend Celebrex for any kind of pain. I have had no side effects.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 2, 2013 10:55 AM

Review by bronxie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: This medicine is really great for pain. Down side makes my blood pressure rise.

December 31, 2012 2:09 AM

Review by experienced8585 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Osteoarthritis: Very expensive but worth it. I've have football knees and a bad back. This cleans up the stiffness and gets things circulating. Eat right after you take it. I have been taking this for years and I'd be lost without it.

November 7, 2012 5:49 PM

Review by biggulp:

For Pain: A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well.

October 31, 2012 10:55 AM

Review by Lazy_E (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Osteoarthritis: This is the only medicine that works for me. I have tried many many others with no effect. I have MS and in pain all the time. Arthritis in my spine is very painful, and this really helps me.

October 8, 2012 2:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Pain: Didn't do much for me.

September 23, 2012 10:22 PM