User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 118 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 353 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Propranolol

For Anxiety: "I was put on Deralin for the trembling in my hands- apparently fron Lithium. I couldn't hold a pen, drinking out of a glass would need two hands, water bottle would need two hands. Couldn't put make up on, the shaking could become a style of jerking, I'd hit the wrong keys on a keyboard and got the sack for making mistakes from a temp role. The GP put me on 40mg o/d - it worked "ok" then 2 x 40 p/d. It doesn't seem to work- I still can't hold a pen. It has helped with panic attacks, that- that kick in the guts butterfly feeling has stopped. I don't feel calmer or much difference. Lithium plus years ago Zoloft gave me diarrhea up to 18 times in 24 hour period. I hardly left the house, well again after settling down to 6 times up to 22 time"

Platypus Girl February 7, 2016

For Anxiety: "It is listed as one of the most important meds in history. It is considered extremely safe and the pharmacist who developed it for heart disease won the Nobel Prize. It has been tested and tested since 1960 and is considered the least side effect med for angina, hypertension, performance anxiety, essential tremors and general outward physical symptoms or anxiety (leg shakes, sweating, etc.) It is one of the best and safest drugs ever designed for moderate anxiety and to prevent heart problems."

Blue Mountain ocean February 5, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This is truly a life changing discovery. I cannot express how glad I am that I found this. Prior to propanolol I have had several dreadful experiences with public speaking including being so anxious I literally cut myself on a bottle top seconds before going on. Career in the balance, skin complaints due to stress, overall a truly debilitating cloud over head. Just recently at one of the biggest public address occasions ever I took 80mg 60 mins before speaking and a modern day revolution took place. Whilst I was still nervous I found I could breathe and was not physically shaking. Indeed I enjoyed it!! It allows you to realise how stupid being nervous is and how there is nothing to be scared of. there is hope for everyone if I can do it"

Nervy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been taking propranolol for 5 years and it's been a great. I suffer from extreme anxiety and I must say this drug has changed my life. I can now live life to the full without worrying about what people think about me. It's not ideal to have to take drugs to make you feel normal but without this drug I wouldn't be able to cope."

Leeds gal (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 4, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I have been struggling with speaking in front of a group for many years. I am now 40 and you would think that through life's experiences that I would have conquered being afraid of making a speech in front of a crowd. I was even asked by a family member to read all of the sympathy cards at my uncle's funeral but I couldn't do it and I felt bad. Well, finally decided to research and find a prescription drug that will help me and came across these testimonials about propranolol, so I located a pcp and decided to go in and get a prescription. I'm a student and I have to make speeches in front of the class and yesterday was the BIG day. I took this 20mg pill an hr before and it really did work!! Great speech pill!!"

NRed February 4, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "23-year old female. I've been on Inderal (Propranolol) for about 1 year now after suffering with increasingly bad migraines for about 8 years. I was prescribed Imitrex (Sumatriptan) to treat the migraines, but that made me nauseous and didn't fix the migraines at all. After being prescribed Inderal, I was migraine free, all but for maybe one menstrual-related migraine per month, which the doctor recommended treating with 1 week pre-menstrual daily dose of ibuprofen leading up to my cycle -- which worked! So now I am 100% migraine free between 20mg each morning and night of Inderal, and 400mg daily of ibuprofen the full week before my cycle. Inderal might make you have some very vivid dreams, and cause you to feel a bit drowsy at first."

Risscro February 2, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "My 15 year old daughter suffers from severe anxiety and panic attacks, her psychiatrist put her on 10mg of Propranolol once daily as SSRI's weren't helping. The medication worked well and she felt less anxious within a few days, she did feel she needed a slightly higher dose for really high anxiety provoking situations, however her doctor didn't want to increase her does. After 1 month of being on medication I noticed she was shedding a lot of hair. She immediately stopped taking the medication as I knew this was a "rare" side effect. 4 weeks since she has been off she is STILL shedding lots of hair and overall lost about 30% of her hair. Pray everyday it will stop as it is devastating. Think twice before taking this med."

Brady123 January 30, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "love to sing and always did good job then after many years tried to sing in public and it was so nerve racking, the microphone was shaking. I was a wreck and of course my voice was not as good. Tried 10 mg of propranolol and unbelieveable, I sang and really enjoyed the experience.|"

pennyanny (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I was prescribed this medicine after detoxing off alcohol for the really bad shakes. The first day I took it I could actually drink without spilling, write ledgeably, an sit still. It also brought my heart rate down to the 80's from 140's."

Jen.recovery January 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "I don't know if my doctor prescribed me the wrong dosage, but I was prescribed 10mg a day 3x a day as needed. I'm not going to say it did nothing for me, but it did next to nothing. Again, the dosage might have been wrong, but I was to take this in place on Klonopin and it just didn't help me with anxiety like Klonopin does. I actually switched doctors because the previous doctor I saw (in my opinion) did not know what she was doing. My current doctor said this was not the right med for me so he's stopped it and prescribed Neurontin in its place. I haven't started Neurontin yet, but I have a lot more faith in the new doctor I'm seeing so fingers crossed it will help me out."

Brian K January 20, 2016

For Anxiety: "For the past few weeks I have been having shaky hands and anxiety during work. This isn't good considering I'm in the dental field. I have no idea what brought on the anxiety since I have been doing this job over 10 years. It was getting to the point that I feared going to work the next day. I went in and spoke with my GP about this and how I didn't want to take anti anxiety medication, but I wanted something that would stop my fast heart beat and shaky hands. She prescribed me propranolol for the days I worked. Well I breezed through the first day no problem. I took 30 mg in the am and did 10mg 7 hours later. Tomorrow, I'm just gonna do 20mg in the am to see if it's strong enough. This is the miracle drug."

NRL January 19, 2016

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I was diagnosed with essential tremors after I fell flat face on the sidewalk followed by several tests. 6 months later the Dr. put me on 60mg Inderal per day, the long lasting effect ones. The results were so instantaneous it felt like a miracle. The migraines were gone and my balance was ok after only a week of taking the medication. I still have trouble with anxiety attacks. Now after years on this medication, and after moving cities; my new DR. is decreasing my medication to 40 mg a day to Teva-Propranolol as she is concerned with my low blood pressure. Other than the adaptatiion for my body to this new drug, my reaction to unpredicted events seems to have improve and the anxiety attacks diminished. Sure would be awesome"

Paprica (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2016

For Benign Essential Tremor: "Have taken the medicine for an essential tremor, in conjunction with primodine, and have found my condition to be stable."

fstoddert January 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "First few days I had the common listed side effects, feeling sick, headaches and occassionally feeling like I thought my heart has stopped beating, all side effects have pretty much disappeared now and this medication was a life safer, been taking for 3 months 30mg twice a day and no more fight or flight response, the anxious thoughts and feelings still arise but they go away within a couple of minutes and you don't go into the cycle of anxiety fight or flight thus causing more anxiety. Would recommend to any1 who is suffering with anxiety these are life savers al ot better than the alternative anti-depressents and diazpams etc. This medication was free for me thanks to the NHS."

Davey C January 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have been suffering from anxiety all my life and I was prescribed propranolol 20 mg by my doctor in November to help me get through a rough time right now (working, grad school, internship). I was getting panic attacks everyday by the stress and it is amazing how well it works! I love how I get no side effects! I take it once a day in the morning and it's been working wonderfully! I just need 1 to help me get through my whole day without any physical nervous symptoms and it actually is improving my mood; so much more confident and happy which I guess is because I know anxiety will not take over my life anymore!!!"

Meg1987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

For Anxiety: "I am 33 years old and have been on this medication for over 5 years, I have always suffered from anxiety and high blood pressure. This medication has helped me more on the anxiety side than my high bp, but then again anxiety contributes to high bp. This has been a miracle drug for me I have been on a low dose of 10mg a day and if I really feel on edge I take 2 a day and that's it! Because when I take 20mg my heart rate drops to about 60bpm which is pretty relaxing for me and I don't want to go on a higher dose. When my heart races I automatically take this bad boy and BAM!Can barely feel my heart pounding,which is an extreme relief.if you have anxiety and feel your heart pounding it just makes your anxiety worst,creating a viscous cycle."

MannyFresh323 January 15, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "This drug really works for me. I have a severe social anxiety and everytime I talk even to a friend, I get anxious. I turn red, my voice trembles, and could not make a sentence. I usually take during presentation at school and it is a wonderful drug. I take 20mg an hour before the presentation. No more shaking, voice trembling. I am now excited for another presentation coz I can do it with very well "

Bellelleb January 6, 2016

For Anxiety: "I take 10 mg in the morning when I have to do something that makes me nervous during the day : eg Singing in front of a crowd, performing a speech, giving a presentation. When I get nervous my body shakes really bad, and it makes my voice shake too. Having this really is a life saver! I've never had any negative effects the times I've taken it. I recommend it, but you certainly don't need much for it to work all day!"

Mikaela9 January 5, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Wonderful, it start working the first day. Not feeling palpitations light now, blood pressure perfect anxiety almost gone and it hasn't been a week. This drug is great"

Travis mom January 4, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Weight gain 27 pounds in 2-3 months"

CatTallafuss January 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had very bad anxiety in 2008. After visiting my Dr. he prescribed Inderal. Within ten days, I became a new man. I stopped taking it since my anxiety reduced from 10 to 2. The remaining 2 degree remained within my control. This last for roughly 6 years. This was back in the Middle East where I am originally from. In 2015, my anxiety suddenly came back. This times I was/am in the US. I went to Dr and told him I had the same problem (anxiety) which I overcame it with roughly two weeks of taking Inderal. Well, he was glad that I had ready treatment for myself. But even after for 40 days of taking it with the same dosage, I did not get more than 3 in 10 improvement in my anxiety. Not sure why; whether it was my age or company/country issue."

Easterner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I started taking propranolol after trying anti-seizure drugs that didn't work at all. I used immitrex for a couple of years and it was wonderful, but got less and less effective. I started with 80 mg propranolol extended release. I could tell it made a difference in the severity, but didn't completely control the migraines. I have been on 160 mg a day, once in the morning, once in the evening. Now I rarely get migraines, and very manageable when I do. Different things work for different people.This really works well for me. I had some weight gain, but I attribute it to getting my appetite back. No migraines, no nausea. Haven't gained enough to remotely think about stopping. Had weird and vivid dreams to start with, but that has stopped."

L C January 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "This helped me a lot. Read all the reviews and ordered online. I was so anxious at times. I could not get out a word. From school days I struggled with anxiety. I could not even do a oral test infront of my class. This went on for years. I avoid situations where I have to be infront of people. 3 weeks ago I got married. This was a miracle. I took 60mg an hour before and was feeling great!!!!! Everything went really well. Not a sign of anxiety that day. Thanks."

Mr Dwd December 28, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Panic attack strike me big time especially during working hours. I get horrible heart palpitations. I take this med and it helps me big time.. My heart calms down in just 3-5 mins.. I have this everywhere I go. It saved my life too.."

meckam December 28, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Miracle medicine. I'm a surgeon and started taking it during residency for the equivalent of stage fright doing surgery. Over 20 years there is no question of its efficacy (and safety). It has allowed me to do mission trips and complicated procedures under the most stressful situations. I use it less over the years but still do because it still has a very strong calming effect without sedating or clouding the sensorium. It's as close to a miracle medicine as I have every seen."

Ned249 December 26, 2015