User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Aortic Stenosis 0 reviews 2 medications

Ventricular Tachycardia 2 reviews 32 medications

6.5
Heart Attack 1 reviews 118 medications

5.5
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pheochromocytoma 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Portal Hypertension 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tardive Dyskinesia 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Propranolol reviews 258 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Propranolol

For Performance Anxiety: "Nailed my presentation!!!"

Northboy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "I use to take 10 mg before public speaking/presentation in school and shakiness when performing certain medical tasks at work. I have high blood pressure, anxiety, shakiness during certain presentation tasks. My dr was concerned about my blood pressure sometimes being 158/90, usually when I knew it was going to be taken. After discussing with her I'm now taking 60 mg SR, it keeps me stable without the peaks and crashes. I feel a little more energy physically because the fight or flight responses I felt were exhausting my body, although just not much will to get up and at it, and does make me feel a little lazy/apathetic/foggy, but my dr said it's still ok to drink coffee. And I feel not as irritable with my boyfriend."

Lucy86 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 21, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I've suffered w. stage fright (panic attacks) while public speaking for 15 years. I finally got an rx for propranolol from my pcp and tried it before a recent presentation. What a GOD SEND. I took 20 mg 1.5 hours prior to my presentation and although I did have some angst and chest tightness prior, once I started speaking the normal heart pounding out of my chest sensation/shortness of breath occasionally spiralling into a full blown panic attack just did not happen. I felt normal and that I could speak for hours. I feel I have my life back now and am excited for what this new confidence will do to my career. I did not notice any side effects. I made sure to drink plenty of water and eat to avoid low blood pressure."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2015

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: "I started experiencing severe tremors as a side effect of other meds. At first I could not brush my teeth, then I had problems typing, next I could not feed myself or even hold a cup of coffee, finally I had bouts of tremors so bad that I could not even walk. I finally ended up seeing a neurologist who once he saw the problem and the severity he immediately prescribed Inderal. Within a week virtually all of my tremors had stopped and I was immensely relieved. I experienced no side effects at all. I have been on them for 7 years now and I only slightly shake if get really tired or drink too much coffee. All in all - I would highly recommend this medication for anyone with severe tremors."

Amgdala (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 20, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "less headaches but more affected on bladder mainly@ night but not diabetic"

Anonymous June 9, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I suffer from mild social anxiety, audience anxiety or stage fright which when put in the spotlight in big groups (church, ministry programs, or work related events) resulted in me being soaking wet from sweating. I had taken myself off of caffeine, and made efforts to exercise for about an hour to an hour and half before events to practically sweat myself dry. I spoke w/a dr. friend of mine and prescribed 20 mg of propranolol 3 times a day. I have found that if I take it regularly as a daily maintenance drug it is most effective. The last presentation I gave at work in front of about 75 people I sailed thru it w/lots of compliments. I have noticed no side effects either."

Anonymous June 6, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "My anxiety is a daily struggle. My heart races, body tremers, I mentally freeze, over any contact with people I don't know. Even walking by people set me off. I'm prescribed 20 mg twice a day. It's a life saver. No more negative thoughts, unexplained irritability, etc. I love you propranolol."

tarah m May 28, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol took me to the next step in my career. I'm a physician but never really believed in something so routine being so effective with stage fright. I was suddenly invited to give talks at an international conference for physicians - never having given a podium talk in my life before. Took 30mg 1.5 hrs before the two talks. Couldn't feel any symptoms of nervousness when I got up there. No rapid heartbeat, no turning stomach. Absolutely crushed the talks. Ended up winning a presentation award for my talk, against all odds. Not only did this medication help me accomplish what I felt is my base capability, but it elevated me to a level of performance I never thought I could achieve before and only dreamed of."

PicDoc May 22, 2015

For Anxiety: "Really excellent medicine for alleviating the physical symptoms of anxiety. I was sceptical about taking this as my anxiety (or so I thought) was mostly manifesting as mental anxiety. I now realise just how much I can reduce my anxiety levels as a whole by taking this medicine. I've only taken it twice - 40mg once a day, although I think 60mg may be the sweet spot for me. I don't get uncontrollable heart palpitations, sweating, voice cracking, and fully body shakes. In fact I feel comfortable and in control, hence, my thoughts are clearer and less agitated and thus the mental anxiety is also somewhat relieved."

Anonymous May 21, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Propranolol is my savior! I had to give a speech at my high school graduation, and I was worrying about it for months. Thanks to 60 mg of propranolol an hour before my speech, everything went perfectly! I was 110% calm and composed in front of a nearly-full auditorium; none of my usual uncontrollable nervous laughter and quivering voice. Normally, I'm not the kind of person who is affected by insignificant pill-shaped things, but it was actually very effective. I had tested 20 mg the day before, for my graduation rehearsal (the sort of event that is nerve-wracking for someone like me), and I didn't exhibit any of my usual symptoms. So I knew that I could rely on it for the actual ceremony, and that alleviated my mental anxiety as welI."

Recent High School Graduate May 17, 2015

For Heart Attack: "This drug saves lives. It saved my life at least. Kept my heart from failing due to exhaustion. (yes your heart cant flutter when pushed too far) This can cause an infarction. Absolutely an essential drug in an advanced society."

tachycardia infarction May 15, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I have had a panic attack recently more to do so with relationship and work issues, went to the doctor who prescribed me with the medication and I can honestly say within a couple hours I felt relaxed, I don't feel that anxiety where I feel helpless and out of control wanting to cry myself senseless or run out the house screaming because everything around me is suffocating me!! however it works it is the best thing going for me so far :)"

panicattack May 7, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I have read the testimonials of various users herein and decided to try the Propanohol. 10mg was too light for the levels of my anxiety but I just gave a presentation in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language, and it worked perfectly!! I took 40mgs. All that has been said above is true! If you are thinking about and suffering from all of the performance anxiety symptoms, go for it!!! It is a great relied and I thank everyone for sharing their experiences. I felt I had to do the same for others! Best of luck and go shine in your presentations!!"

Perfectionist Lawyer (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I've tried Buspar, Xanax, Ativan, various anti-depressants, anti-psychotics and even cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxant). Propranolol (20mg daily) has been the best medication of ALL of these for generalized anxiety. No "swimming head", no dry mouth, no ravenous hunger... almost no side effects, except I feel a bit slow before my morning shower. Propranolol gives a nice "body calm" - heart rate steady, no sweating palms and no jittery feeling. I now use low doses of Propranolol and Imipramine for generalized anxiety and panic, and Lamotrigine for cyclothymia, and (rarely) Ativan. I feel like a new man! They also use Propranolol to treat PTSD patients... it blocks the "fight/flight" reaction and allows processing of trauma."

Northern_Guy (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Used inderal recently for a best man speech as I suffer terribly with anxiety and panic attacks. Words cannot describe how well this worked for me. I was still mentally nervous, but physically I was in complete control with no stutter, breathing problems/heart palpitations. I actually enjoyed it and I could have spoken all night. I never review anything online but just felt I wanted to share my experience as I know how horrible performance anxiety can be."

md101 April 28, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Over the last 6 months , I've been suffering from panic attacks and severe anxiety. Accompanied with frequent fear I experience daily physical symptoms ( pain in chest, dizziness rapid heart rate etc. which started to control my daily life. I started taking Propranolol 10MG 3 times a day, within about 2-3 days I felt so much calmer and could cope with day to day life a lot better. Over the course of a few weeks my anxiety attacks and panic were becoming fewer and fewer . this medication has been a big turning point for me . Fingers crossed this continues"

Anonymous April 13, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "This is a miracle drug for people who suffer with the physical affects of anxiety. I had a very important live TV interview coming up that I was absolutely terrified about, and the thing I was most nervous about was shaking on TV. Every experience I've had with public speaking I have had uncontrollable tremors in my hands and head. I took 40mg of propranolol an hour before the interview, and I experienced none of the awful shaking, blushing, sweating or the increased heart rate. It was a such a relief. The drug will not stop the anxious thoughts or the feeling of terror before the performance, but it absolutely will block the physical effects, which is what most performance anxiety sufferers panic about."

SocialAnx April 9, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Okay, first off my anxiety has gotten worse the past couple of years to the point where if my boss calls me in his office to talk to me one on one, I get sweaty palms, quivering voice, and chest pain. Well...I came to this sight saw what you guys had to say and I got a prescription for Propanolol thinking it would help me. Guess What? It's a total GAMECHANGER. My boss called me in his office today to try to intimidate me and I was just like Hey boss what's new? What can I do for you? I just treated him like it was no big deal and he wasn't intimidating me one bit. I put a bead on him and look him directly in his eyes and was cool and calm. I could have NEVER done that before. Thanks everyone on here. Propanolol is the real deal."

AC Slater March 27, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "OMG..... Thus drug works like a charm! I've feated and failed miserably over the years doing oral reports from pure anxiety- even my head would shake! I recently was " forced" to do a presentation for work and simply cannot believe what a difference inderal made taken 1 hr before speaking. I could actually make eye contact with the audience and my words came out as rehearsed, not jumbled!!! Wish I had this in college- would've saved me lots of Agony. I hope my testimonial can offer hope who harbor this same fear- it's miraculous!!!!!"

No more tremors (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am a full time nursing student with PTSD. I have terrible test anxiety and am always in a state of fight or flight. I learned to deal with my PTSD but the high anxiety of exam sent me straight back to an anxiety attack. My Dr. perscribed 10mg of propranolol and it didn't help. Before I wrote it off I took my Drs advice and moved up to 20mg's. It was so amazing. Guys I can't tell you how nice it is. Sometimes I feel like I can't breath. Like the world is crumbling, and I am unable to move. This also helps me with the nightmares. I used to have dreams where I was in danger and my feet were stuck to the ground and I had no voice.so I couldn't run or scream. It was so terrible. I am thankful for the tools the Lord uses!"

Misyt March 23, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I have suffered from performance anxiety for a few years. When it came to my turn to talk in a meeting I would have what is known as a panic attack, and for those of you that have not experienced this it is horrible. I would somehow manage to get through these talks. As soon as the talk would finish my mind would instantly go to worrying about the next talk next week, a living circle of constant anxiety. I was prescribed Propranolol. I had to stand up and do a 5 min presentation to about 20 people. I took 40mg 1 hr prior waited for my turn to go and....nothing! no heart beat, no trembling, no sweats! I was a totally different person and will now use this medicine whenever I have to do a talk. I highly recommend it."

Mutacuit March 18, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I had been having serious performance anxiety for about a year at work - voice shaking, rapid heartbeat, short of breath, light headed, couldn't collect my thoughts in front of my bosses or in meetings whice I often led. I was avoiding talking to my bosses and direct reports. After taking this medicine I notice a general calm when in these situations now and I'm so relieved. I led a meeting today and didn't get nervous at all. I was able to put my thoughts together no problem and had mimimal/ manageable physiological symptoms. On a 10MG dose."

John J. Haindel March 10, 2015

Inderal LA (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: "Took Inderal La for a very short time. In the time I was on it I never had a migraine, unfortunately on average I could sleep 7-8 hours a night but being on this medication I was lucky to get 4."

Mbd70 (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "My doctor prescribed propranolol explaining how he'd like to try to prevent the migraine in the first place, rather than treating it after it arrived. I explained I'd prefer that as well. Propranolol was prescribed, 1 tablet twice daily. After trying the 60 mg. tablets for three months, I reported only having 6 migraines during that time period. He thereby increased the strength to 80 mg. and I currently experience an average of 2 migraines a year! And it's so inexpensive!"

Gsoglenn (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Unbelievable! No shakes, no sweats, no tremors.... just cool, calm and collected during my interview. I was like a different person, highly recommend if you have performance anxiety!!!"

gamesmaster (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2015

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next