User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 120 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 402 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Propranolol

For Performance Anxiety: "Like the other comments explained: the drug does not eliminate the nerves, but it enables you to function normally. Definitely the number one choice for anyone suffering from fear of public speaking."

Nick91 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Even 30 mg works!"

IHusainI April 28, 2016

For Anxiety: "I'm 18. After a terrible experience on citalopram (antidepressant) to treat anxiety i was really reluctant to take any more medication,. I wanted to feel normal and be able to enjoy the company of others again, i bit the bullet and took 40mg propanolol and within in an hour, i was perfectly still and could concentrate on my work rather than the physical symptoms i could feel!! It also gave me cold hands and feet and breath, but i can more than deal with that!! I also have asthma but as long as i dont do anything too strenuous im fine. I also did a speech this week in a calm collected manner. Doesnt stop the cognitive symptoms like worrying but taking the physical symptoms stops the cycle in its tracks. So glad i was offered this drug."

Mondaymadness (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I feel I needed to share this as this medicine has definitely helped me. I have had performance anxiety for quite some time. I've tried multiple methods to help ease any fight or flight feelings right before presentations and they have been hit and miss. I used propranolol for the first time last week for a presentation that has been causing me stress. It was a lifesaver. It doesn't get rid of the anxiety, but it gets rid of the fight or flight response my body gets sometimes. That is the worst part of presenting. So while this doesn't get rid of anxiety, it really lowers the dreadful feelings. It you need it, I suggest trying it."

Rando4 April 25, 2016

For Benign Essential Tremor: "So I started off taking this medication 3 weeks. And I thought it would be great. I have Essental tremors, hypertension, and my cardiologist was waiting for a few test results before confirming tachycardyia. while blood pressure and heart rate are signifigantly improved. Went from 133 bpm to 84 and 155/95 to 134/75 the tremors haven't stopped. Not to mention the side effects for me. Increased depression, insomina, dizziness, and nightmares."

Jaw Tremor (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was given Propranolol for heart palpitations. It was ongoing for a few days due to anxiety and stress. I was given 10mg to be taken twice a day and three times a day for 3 days. I did not react well to this medication. Day two I started to feel drunk, and in another world. My eye slight was not right. I was unable to eat, I couldn't sleep, it caused severe panic, shaking, sweating. I stopped taking it after day 4. Stopping this medication suddenly can be unsafe for people with heart issues, but I had to stop taking it due to the side effects. It caused me horrible withdrawal even after 4 days of taking, I was even more sick after I had stopped. It's now day 6 after stopping, and I'm almost back to normal. I do not recommend this product"

Ninabb (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "three words- AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE. Propranolol has literally saved my career. I am an outgoing, social, funny woman but for some reason, I have paralyzing fear of speaking in front of a group; even to just introduce myself (which is crazy!!). 2-10mg pills about an hour before a presentation and I can speak with compete ease and absolutely NO symptoms of nervousness. People even comment afterwards saying how great I did. Propranolol is a life saver!!!"

Gdubs April 22, 2016

For Anxiety: "I was in the process of discontinuing a SSRI antidepressant and struggling with out-of-nowhere bouts of intense anxiety. I could literally sit at my desk, read something relaxing and then I would suddenly feel my heart racing, stomach cramping, hands becoming very cold but sweaty at the same time - for no reason. Then obviously my mind picked up on that, anxious racing thoughts appeared, I was getting some chest pains too. After an attack like that it was really hard to calm down, so then I couldn't fall asleep. 10mg propranolol in the morning was enough to stop these attacks from occurring and somehow without those nasty physical symptoms my anxiety levels were much lower, so I was able to carry on working/socializing without any problems."

Ichiko (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2016

For Anxiety: "This didn't do much of anything for my anxiety. It took away some of the physical symptoms, but I was still anxious and I still had panic attacks. It also made my blood pressure lower than it already was, so I was pretty sluggish. I can see how it would work well for someone who only has performance anxiety, but I don't recommend it for people like me."

ihavemigraines (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Propranolol has reduced the frequency of migraines during the past 8 months that I've been on it. However, it makes me so tired and "out-of-it" that I'm lethargic...so I've put on 15 pounds and I never want to do anything! I can't stand this awful side effect. I'm 46, female, and now weigh 160. Was at 145 before propranolol. The size Large pants are getting tight. I'll be in XL soon if I stay in this medication. It doesn't help that I'm also on Lyrica since one month ago (so now I'm even MORE tired and confused!) Tried topamax in the past to prevent migraines. It did help in my 30s, but not in my 40s."

$dazedandconfused$ April 19, 2016

For Anxiety: "I used to be a confident person until I was in an abusive relationship for several years. After that, I couldn't launch my legal career because I would tremble and have a racing heart for days before an anticipated stressful event such as a deposition or hearing. I have an uncontrollable fear of angry men. I've had therapy, tried self-soothing, meditation, lorazapam, nothing worked until propranolol. I take 10mg before an anticipated stressful event, and all my anxiety melts away, with no trembling, heart pounding. Best of all, there seem to be no side effects - I don't feel like I'm on any drugs, I just feel like myself minus the shaking and horrible anxiety. I no longer have sleepless nights where my heart is racing because I'm so anxious"

Back to confident again April 15, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "A month or so later after starting these, they still very much save the day! On a day i know I'll be faced with long intense meetings or situations that may lead to conflict i take 10mg a few hours before, or generally after i get out of bed. 10 mg seems to be active in my system for around 6 - 7 hours. give or take. It's true they may become a crutch but personally, the physical symptoms are the biggest obstacle within the Anxiety disorder, my mind without this medication tends to be searching for the beginning of an attack, once it feels the initial warning signs (racing heart etc, my focus goes straight to that, i become disconnected from whatever is at hand and internalise, this just feeds the panic. With these that fear lessens daily."

Malc D (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Life changing drug for those people especially students who are suffering from social anxiety/performance anxiety and are worried about their racing heart causing restrictions for them to participate in the social events or do presentations before the class.It works 100 %. Go for it and just forget about heart shaking and feeling inconvinience in front of people as it did in my case,suffering from dreadful stage fright.It has changed my life.20-30mg 1 hr before is sufficient to cure extreme stage fright. Miracle drug!"

lamu (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have PTSD, and this drug helped me to be able to cope with everyday situations. I 100% recommend this before you try xanax or any other more serious medication. A little help getting your heart rate down can work wonders!"

Bing bong April 7, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Helps tremendously with preventing migraines however I have instant weight gain around the middle. I gained 20 lbs in 2 months on it and watching what I ate and exercise would not take it off. The weight was continuing to come on. I slowly weaned myself off. I took the weight off. The migraines became out of control,again and I went back on it. I've been on it 10 days and gained 5 lbs. I'm on 60 mg a day which isn't doesn't seem that much I have to find something else because of the weight issue."

Rivermama (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "When I started researching for stage fright medication, I was brought into this website & based on all the wonderful experiences shared here, I knew this was it! Last week I had to attend a conference as a panelist for 2 full days with a lot of discussions on stage. Based on the comments here, I popped a 40mg pill 1 hour before the start of the conference after breakfast. I was very calm on stage, spoke in length & was a hit with the crowd. I popped another 40mg in the afternoon after lunch & that kept me going good for the whole day. It is definitely not for those who are introverts & want it to work like alchohol! It is for those who have done their preparations but fail to deliver coz of their body letting them down at the crucial time!"

Riteontime April 3, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "when I tried this drugs for first time I got so emotional that brought tears in my eyes I couldn't believe that anything or any drugs could make this severe anxiety that I have could just simply disappear. I am normally a confident person in mind but no matter how I tried my body don't respond when ever I am speaking in front of people or meeting new person my hands start shaking dramatically, that I will be out of control my heart start pumping like crazy. This drug lately save my career. It is like magic I took 40mg everyday in the morning and I am now more confident than ever give it a try it will save you like it save me of course tell your doctor first"

anxious person (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "I eventually developed an anxiety when it came to big meetings. I'm a social person, so I'm not sure where or how this developed; though I can say I've always dreaded getting up in front of the class in high school and college. Symptoms would be extremely fast heart beat, sweating and noticable voice tremble. Propranolol absolved 95% of these symptoms to where I could actively participate again in the meetings without the threat of embarrassing myself. I only took when needed, not everyday. I also recommend lexapro as a general anxiety reducer, I'm on a small 10mg dose of it, and between the two they have completely turned around my life. Hope this info helps someone suffering as I was, this site got me the info to cure my anxiety."

Professional in Meetings (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2016

For Anxiety: "Reasonably safe and fast-acting drug in my opinion. I don't take these much anymore; rather here and there for things like interviews or XR for days that I know will involve agitation.I wouldn't suggest them for long-term use; not necessarily because side effects - but largely because, as someone with depression, it seemed to make it worse; i.e. I felt slightly more 'flat' and as if I was sinking lower on them. That said, pathology of depression varies a lot as does individual biology - so not everyone will have this problem. If you're looking at using them long-term you're best giving a few antidepressants a go. Otherwise, these have that wee bit of mild physical sedation ergo less hectic mental focus that can be handy here and there."

Chris_210392 April 1, 2016

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: "I had migraine from age of 10 to age 26 when my doctor prescribed inderal 10 mg morn and eveng. No migraines since . Now I am 72 whenever I feel there is a trigger I swallow inderal and as well. works gr8 for migraine. it has terrible side effects too.i started getting nightmares after the first month of starting inderal.to this day the night mares continue.i feel sleepy the whole day and gained weight which went out of control. i can tolerate the side effects but happy no more migraine."

mona anol March 29, 2016

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I have taken Propanolol for 10 years for Extreme Tremors in my hands. I had DBS surgery in 2007 for my right hand, it was a miracle for me. The Propanolol helped me a lot. In 2014 I had DBS again for my left hand, and have done great! My Neurologist started lowering the Prop. My b/p began to elevate so my PCP upped my b/p med from 20 mg to 40 mg and I have been fine. Now the Neuro. Wants me to stop the prop. Completely and have PCP take my Lisinoprel higher. Went to PCP today and he said He'd prefer I stay on the Propan. I was off it for 5days and just felt jittery and my left hand was shaking again. So I took the Propan. This afternoon and feel much better this evening? Is this okay? I've had NO side effects ever!"

Tilsie March 29, 2016

For Anxiety: "I am now in my late 30's and have always been a very confident person. I work in the construction industry and have worked my way up the ladder into an executive role. 7 years ago I had my first panic attack just prior to presenting to the company. I fought my way through it - but I developed classic fear symptoms moving forward. I would worry myself sick with anxiety thinking about my next presentation. 2 yrs ago I was prescribed propranolol and it has been a life changer. No pounding heart or shortness of breath any more! I take 30mg before a presentation /10mg before a stressful meeting that I need to run / 5mg in the morning can calm me on a stressful day. I thought I needed to change careers at One point - not anymore - Miracle Med!"

Construction Guy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I have had 8-12 migraines per month for the past 2 years. The Imitrex 150mg that I take for them has started to lose efficacy, so I keep having these day long auras but not full blown migraines. It's very draining. My doctor recommended Propanolol ER 80mg capsules as a preventitive. I took them before bed and for the first 3 days felt pretty light headed and foggy in the morning, but that went away. But, the awful acidic, churning stomach aches did not go away. I discontinued it after 1 week because the stomach aches and worsening diarrhea were too much. And then I got a migraine the next day. I think it probably worked well for migraine prevention but the side effects were not worth it."

Robota March 27, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "What a miracle drug.... I'm a senior manager with a wide team management role. After a stressful period, I was suddendly not able to have speeches anymore even in fron of few people. After very humiliating experiences I found this drug: 20mg 1 hour before and no trembling voice anymore, even in front of hundreds"

Nick Faldo March 23, 2016

For Anxiety: "I have all the time a panic attacks daily. I've been prescribed different SSRIs over the last 10 years and they haven't helped. Also, I've been taking xanax x3 times a day for the last 3 years. I just started taking propranolol and I've noticed it works wonders. I don't get chest pains and the racing heat beat. I've reduced my xanax use to only once a day which is huge for me. I haven't experienced any negative side effects except for mild fatigue at the end of the day (I take it in the morning when I wake up)."

anxietyridden12804 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016