User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Performance Anxiety

"Even 30 mg works!"

IHusainI April 28, 2016

"I feel I needed to share this as this medicine has definitely helped me. I have had performance anxiety for quite some time. I've tried multiple methods to help ease any fight or flight feelings right before presentations and they have been hit and miss. I used propranolol for the first time last week for a presentation that has been causing me stress. It was a lifesaver. It doesn't get rid of the anxiety, but it gets rid of the fight or flight response my body gets sometimes. That is the worst part of presenting. So while this doesn't get rid of anxiety, it really lowers the dreadful feelings. It you need it, I suggest trying it."

Rando4 April 25, 2016

"three words- AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE. Propranolol has literally saved my career. I am an outgoing, social, funny woman but for some reason, I have paralyzing fear of speaking in front of a group; even to just introduce myself (which is crazy!!). 2-10mg pills about an hour before a presentation and I can speak with compete ease and absolutely NO symptoms of nervousness. People even comment afterwards saying how great I did. Propranolol is a life saver!!!"

Gdubs April 22, 2016

"A month or so later after starting these, they still very much save the day! On a day i know I'll be faced with long intense meetings or situations that may lead to conflict i take 10mg a few hours before, or generally after i get out of bed. 10 mg seems to be active in my system for around 6 - 7 hours. give or take. It's true they may become a crutch but personally, the physical symptoms are the biggest obstacle within the Anxiety disorder, my mind without this medication tends to be searching for the beginning of an attack, once it feels the initial warning signs (racing heart etc, my focus goes straight to that, i become disconnected from whatever is at hand and internalise, this just feeds the panic. With these that fear lessens daily."

Malc D (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

"Life changing drug for those people especially students who are suffering from social anxiety/performance anxiety and are worried about their racing heart causing restrictions for them to participate in the social events or do presentations before the class.It works 100 %. Go for it and just forget about heart shaking and feeling inconvinience in front of people as it did in my case,suffering from dreadful stage fright.It has changed my life.20-30mg 1 hr before is sufficient to cure extreme stage fright. Miracle drug!"

lamu (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

"When I started researching for stage fright medication, I was brought into this website & based on all the wonderful experiences shared here, I knew this was it! Last week I had to attend a conference as a panelist for 2 full days with a lot of discussions on stage. Based on the comments here, I popped a 40mg pill 1 hour before the start of the conference after breakfast. I was very calm on stage, spoke in length & was a hit with the crowd. I popped another 40mg in the afternoon after lunch & that kept me going good for the whole day. It is definitely not for those who are introverts & want it to work like alchohol! It is for those who have done their preparations but fail to deliver coz of their body letting them down at the crucial time!"

Riteontime April 3, 2016

"when I tried this drugs for first time I got so emotional that brought tears in my eyes I couldn't believe that anything or any drugs could make this severe anxiety that I have could just simply disappear. I am normally a confident person in mind but no matter how I tried my body don't respond when ever I am speaking in front of people or meeting new person my hands start shaking dramatically, that I will be out of control my heart start pumping like crazy. This drug lately save my career. It is like magic I took 40mg everyday in the morning and I am now more confident than ever give it a try it will save you like it save me of course tell your doctor first"

anxious person (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2016

"I eventually developed an anxiety when it came to big meetings. I'm a social person, so I'm not sure where or how this developed; though I can say I've always dreaded getting up in front of the class in high school and college. Symptoms would be extremely fast heart beat, sweating and noticable voice tremble. Propranolol absolved 95% of these symptoms to where I could actively participate again in the meetings without the threat of embarrassing myself. I only took when needed, not everyday. I also recommend lexapro as a general anxiety reducer, I'm on a small 10mg dose of it, and between the two they have completely turned around my life. Hope this info helps someone suffering as I was, this site got me the info to cure my anxiety."

Professional in Meetings (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2016

"What a miracle drug.... I'm a senior manager with a wide team management role. After a stressful period, I was suddendly not able to have speeches anymore even in fron of few people. After very humiliating experiences I found this drug: 20mg 1 hour before and no trembling voice anymore, even in front of hundreds"

Nick Faldo March 23, 2016

"A year ago I started to feel anxiety in certain social situations. In recent months, the anxiety began to provoke panic attacks. I have researched a lot and I tried a lot of drugs (Diazepam, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, valerian, etizolam etc.. ), but they did not help me. Since studying chemistry I had difficulty working in the lab. I decided to get Propranolol to try a different approach to anxiety / panic attacks. Now I have my life back. There is no shaking, twitches or cracking voice. I do not concern with what might happen because I know that propranolol blocks any fear (not mentally, but physically). I recommend it to all those who suffer from social anxiety accompanied by physical symptoms."

El Nino March 17, 2016

"Lots of stressors in life at the moment. So much anxious brudeing brought about a panic attack. In a meeting at work... I'm a 40 something male manager. I fell apart and as we all know; the fear of it happening again in the same environment simply feeds the fear.. Without going into tok much detail. After some weeks I visited docs, was prescribed 10ml once a day.. I take it in morning before work and today, being my first meeting in months (I adopted the avoidance tactic :-/ ) it simply works... While engaged in topic my mind was on high alert waiting for the heart race, followed by the need to flee.. It simply never came ha.. Results!! However like many I put off taking my first due to fear of the unknown.. Be brave and trust your doc ;)"

Malc D (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2016

"This medication is extremely helpful when it comes to performance anxiety. I am currently a 18 year old student and have been struggling with severe performance anxiety since I was in elementary school. Even having to stand up and talk in front of just 2 people would make me freak out and cause an extreme amount of stress and anxiety. I discovered propranolol around a year ago and it has changed my life. I never thought that I would find a solution to my debilitating anxiety, but I can honestly say that this medication works 100% for this issue. I take 30mg an hour before each speech/performance and the physical symptoms of the fight or flight response are completely gone. I recommend this to everyone suffering with this problem."

Meg123 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

"I'm 43 years old and have had a chronic stage fright that I'd rather DIE than speak in public. I learned last week that I'd be lecturing in front of 50 or so people all Saturdays of March and April 2016. My initial thought was to RESIGN! But I can't for economic reasons, besides I'm doing well here and respected by everyone. Long story short, I googled for quick relief for stage fright as I've suffered for this since I was 11. Trembling voice is my biggest problem. Inderal is a modern day miracle! I poppped in 2 tabs 10mg each an hour before my presentation made sure i've full stomach. When my turn came, no raising heart! AND NO MORE TREMBLING VOICE!!!! I feel i can conquer all now! This was just yesterday and it felt great!"

Marbeth (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

"Wow. This saved me. I'm an entrepreneur who has been kind of avoiding public speaking for a while. I had to present at a conference today - which usually would mean my heart beating out of my chest, shaking hands and voice. Not today. I killed the presentation because of propanolol - I was cool as a cucumber and my heart was nice and slow. I'm excited for my next opportunity to present now. I took 10mg about 2 hours before, then 10mg 1 hour before, and another 10mg 15min before. I probably didn't need that much - but I really wanted it to work. Next time I'll probably only take 10mg 2 hours then 10mg 1hour before."

Entrepreneur (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

"I basically had a f@$"ing nervous break down in front of a client today while giving a presentation. I'm an expert in my field, and work for the largest consulting company in the world... I've always had public speaking anxiety and would avoid it at all costs. I was so humiliated. I was with 3 colleagues and 1 person from the clients side. It was a relaxed sit down meeting with chairs huddled around the clients desk and only 8 pages in a ppt. As soon as I opened my mouth my face visibly changed and I had this overwhelming feeling of busting into tears. It kept happening over and over. It makes me so angry. I don't know why it's happening. A friend told me today about this medicine. I'd never heard of it before. I'm calling my Dr tomorrow."

David$65 March 2, 2016

"I'm a sophomore in college and I have avoided presentations since my first semester as a freshman. I have came up with the most ridiculous excuses as to why I wouldn't be able to present. Finally I started talking to a doctor about medicine for my anxiety during presentations and he prescribed me propranolol. Let me tell you, before this is would have panic attacks from being called on in class or even introducing myself. I took 5 10 mg pills yesterday for my presentation in front of 30 people and this pill is an absolute miracle! I wasn't nervous, my voice came out clear and no stuttering whatsoever, my hands weren't shaking, and I felt in complete control. It was exhilarating! I could have talked all day if I needed to."

pris123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016

"I took 1 and a quarter of a 10mg Propranolol an hour before my speech and gave a 1.5 hour speech with no issues. I'm 5' 1" 125lbs. I normally have a high heart rate, sweat and have trouble breathing during speeches or interviews. This is a miracle drug that eliminated my performance anxiety. I will definitely start taking this before any presentations in the future."

MelissaWoo February 23, 2016

"I am preacher( 3 speches a week) after one bad speech and criticism I have developed bad public speech anxiety .....This medication gave me back my self confidence!!!"

ihora1978 February 21, 2016

"I havent tried it yet but I am suffering from very extreme performance anxiety or can be said essential tremors. When I saw the reviews I am really motivated to take it and solve my problem. I just posted this to see if the reviews are true. Also I am just 19 so if its too early to be using this drug do tell me guys"

Strikestar February 18, 2016

"I've had some BAD experiences with public speaking and this drug has been a life saver. I have been to 3 therapists to attempt to manage it the "natural" way including CBT and even a public speaking specialist with little success. Like many others have commented, people I know are often in disbelief that I struggle with presentations. I take a low 10-15mg dose an hour before a stressful event and my nerves/physical symptoms are under control. Not worrying about having a panic attack gives me the confidence I need to focus on the material rather than my nerves and breathing. Since this does not help manage accompanying anxiety, occasionally I will take .25mg Klonopin or natural Bach's rescue before and I feel relaxed and in control!"

relievedinnyc (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

"I've been suffering from anxiety in the past 20 years. My anxiety reaches its tops when I perform in front of a small of people that I can't breath and my heart is beating out of my chest. I read about this drug and tried it many times, I've found that it worked wonderfully for me when I take a 60mg an hour before presentations or any other anxiety-triggering situations. it's really a miracle I thankfully don't feel any more shortness of breath or shaking or any annoying feeling."

Abdelaziz Sayed February 16, 2016

"I am 45 and I literally spent all my professional carreer, that has been so far extremely successful, worrying about public audiences starting from 5 units up to hundreds. No one would ever think that I have this problem since I am extremely sociable and outspoken. Schoolfriends always thought that I would have turned into an actor. In real life I have lived up to 42 in a nightmare for public audiences that I CANNOT avoid due to my public role (CEO of a technology firm). I have been worrying for public speech 2-3 months prior to the event. I discovered propanolol through a family friend who works in an orchestra. Miracle is the right word! A big fantastic miracle. I now look forward for events, walk up to the stage with no problem!"

Simon B February 14, 2016

"I am absolutely amazed at how well this medication worked. I've always struggled with giving speeches and this medication made me speak in class like a professional would. I took it before class about 45 minutes before and started feeling relaxed and a little sleepy 20 minutes before my speech. I went up and felt no nerves and gave my speech as I practiced in my room alone without any shakiness or any pauses. Everybody said I looked so natural giving the speech. Amazing medicine. I felt like I cheated the speech. I highly recommend this medication for speech anxiety."

Sutsie February 12, 2016

"This is truly a life changing discovery. I cannot express how glad I am that I found this. Prior to propanolol I have had several dreadful experiences with public speaking including being so anxious I literally cut myself on a bottle top seconds before going on. Career in the balance, skin complaints due to stress, overall a truly debilitating cloud over head. Just recently at one of the biggest public address occasions ever I took 80mg 60 mins before speaking and a modern day revolution took place. Whilst I was still nervous I found I could breathe and was not physically shaking. Indeed I enjoyed it!! It allows you to realise how stupid being nervous is and how there is nothing to be scared of. there is hope for everyone if I can do it"

Nervy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

"I have been struggling with speaking in front of a group for many years. I am now 40 and you would think that through life's experiences that I would have conquered being afraid of making a speech in front of a crowd. I was even asked by a family member to read all of the sympathy cards at my uncle's funeral but I couldn't do it and I felt bad. Well, finally decided to research and find a prescription drug that will help me and came across these testimonials about propranolol, so I located a pcp and decided to go in and get a prescription. I'm a student and I have to make speeches in front of the class and yesterday was the BIG day. I took this 20mg pill an hr before and it really did work!! Great speech pill!!"

NRed February 4, 2016