User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Review Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Performance Anxiety

"Propranolol took me to the next step in my career. I'm a physician but never really believed in something so routine being so effective with stage fright. I was suddenly invited to give talks at an international conference for physicians - never having given a podium talk in my life before. Took 30mg 1.5 hrs before the two talks. Couldn't feel any symptoms of nervousness when I got up there. No rapid heartbeat, no turning stomach. Absolutely crushed the talks. Ended up winning a presentation award for my talk, against all odds. Not only did this medication help me accomplish what I felt is my base capability, but it elevated me to a level of performance I never thought I could achieve before and only dreamed of."

PicDoc May 22, 2015

"Propranolol is my savior! I had to give a speech at my high school graduation, and I was worrying about it for months. Thanks to 60 mg of propranolol an hour before my speech, everything went perfectly! I was 110% calm and composed in front of a nearly-full auditorium; none of my usual uncontrollable nervous laughter and quivering voice. Normally, I'm not the kind of person who is affected by insignificant pill-shaped things, but it was actually very effective. I had tested 20 mg the day before, for my graduation rehearsal (the sort of event that is nerve-wracking for someone like me), and I didn't exhibit any of my usual symptoms. So I knew that I could rely on it for the actual ceremony, and that alleviated my mental anxiety as welI."

Recent High School Graduate May 17, 2015

"I have had a panic attack recently more to do so with relationship and work issues, went to the doctor who prescribed me with the medication and I can honestly say within a couple hours I felt relaxed, I don't feel that anxiety where I feel helpless and out of control wanting to cry myself senseless or run out the house screaming because everything around me is suffocating me!! however it works it is the best thing going for me so far :)"

panicattack May 7, 2015

"I have read the testimonials of various users herein and decided to try the Propanohol. 10mg was too light for the levels of my anxiety but I just gave a presentation in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language, and it worked perfectly!! I took 40mgs. All that has been said above is true! If you are thinking about and suffering from all of the performance anxiety symptoms, go for it!!! It is a great relied and I thank everyone for sharing their experiences. I felt I had to do the same for others! Best of luck and go shine in your presentations!!"

Perfectionist Lawyer (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

"Used inderal recently for a best man speech as I suffer terribly with anxiety and panic attacks. Words cannot describe how well this worked for me. I was still mentally nervous, but physically I was in complete control with no stutter, breathing problems/heart palpitations. I actually enjoyed it and I could have spoken all night. I never review anything online but just felt I wanted to share my experience as I know how horrible performance anxiety can be."

md101 April 28, 2015

"This is a miracle drug for people who suffer with the physical affects of anxiety. I had a very important live TV interview coming up that I was absolutely terrified about, and the thing I was most nervous about was shaking on TV. Every experience I've had with public speaking I have had uncontrollable tremors in my hands and head. I took 40mg of propranolol an hour before the interview, and I experienced none of the awful shaking, blushing, sweating or the increased heart rate. It was a such a relief. The drug will not stop the anxious thoughts or the feeling of terror before the performance, but it absolutely will block the physical effects, which is what most performance anxiety sufferers panic about."

SocialAnx April 9, 2015

"Okay, first off my anxiety has gotten worse the past couple of years to the point where if my boss calls me in his office to talk to me one on one, I get sweaty palms, quivering voice, and chest pain. Well...I came to this sight saw what you guys had to say and I got a prescription for Propanolol thinking it would help me. Guess What? It's a total GAMECHANGER. My boss called me in his office today to try to intimidate me and I was just like Hey boss what's new? What can I do for you? I just treated him like it was no big deal and he wasn't intimidating me one bit. I put a bead on him and look him directly in his eyes and was cool and calm. I could have NEVER done that before. Thanks everyone on here. Propanolol is the real deal."

AC Slater March 27, 2015

"OMG..... Thus drug works like a charm! I've feated and failed miserably over the years doing oral reports from pure anxiety- even my head would shake! I recently was " forced" to do a presentation for work and simply cannot believe what a difference inderal made taken 1 hr before speaking. I could actually make eye contact with the audience and my words came out as rehearsed, not jumbled!!! Wish I had this in college- would've saved me lots of Agony. I hope my testimonial can offer hope who harbor this same fear- it's miraculous!!!!!"

No more tremors (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

"I have suffered from performance anxiety for a few years. When it came to my turn to talk in a meeting I would have what is known as a panic attack, and for those of you that have not experienced this it is horrible. I would somehow manage to get through these talks. As soon as the talk would finish my mind would instantly go to worrying about the next talk next week, a living circle of constant anxiety. I was prescribed Propranolol. I had to stand up and do a 5 min presentation to about 20 people. I took 40mg 1 hr prior waited for my turn to go and....nothing! no heart beat, no trembling, no sweats! I was a totally different person and will now use this medicine whenever I have to do a talk. I highly recommend it."

Mutacuit March 18, 2015

"I had been having serious performance anxiety for about a year at work - voice shaking, rapid heartbeat, short of breath, light headed, couldn't collect my thoughts in front of my bosses or in meetings whice I often led. I was avoiding talking to my bosses and direct reports. After taking this medicine I notice a general calm when in these situations now and I'm so relieved. I led a meeting today and didn't get nervous at all. I was able to put my thoughts together no problem and had mimimal/ manageable physiological symptoms. On a 10MG dose."

John J. Haindel March 10, 2015

"Unbelievable! No shakes, no sweats, no tremors.... just cool, calm and collected during my interview. I was like a different person, highly recommend if you have performance anxiety!!!"

gamesmaster (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Like many on this sight, I had the same terrible symptons that paralyzed me in front of even the smallest group - even my own direct reports. I was prescribed propranolol and I am my old self again. THANKS"

Lonely at the Top February 24, 2015

"35 year old male who has suffered with public speaking anxiety my entire life. In meetings my body and chest would tighten up, heart rate increase and if i did speak my voice would be shaky and i would often cut my self short. Although i got better with practice it was the one area of my life where i felt i was being held back. I started taking these 6 months ago and they have changed my life. I feel more confidant inside knowing the pills have got my symptoms in check. I find two 10mg pills work best for me about 45mins before the event. In the last 6 months I have presented to large groups, held court in meetings etc. Wish i had discovered them years ago."

Anonymous February 19, 2015

"I failed 12 attempted classes in a community college because I struggle with Panic Disorder/Social phobia. Presenting to the class was a nightmare, I couldn't get through it without shaking so bad, students thought I was having a seizure, so I either dropped out of the class or skipped the presentation completely receiving a zero. If I didnt have faith in God, I think overtime the disorder would have caused me to not want to live anymore, which is sad. I sought professional help from a Psychiatrist and he prescribed me Propranolol. I not only graduated from community college, but am now finishing with my Bachelors at a University. Propranolol has saved my life and that is an understatement. P.S. It is $12 WITHOUT insurance."

CorryMae February 2, 2015

"Propranolol launched my career! I suffered from severe fight or flight syndrome during presentations, interviews, meetings and even phone calls. Symptoms included rapid heart beat, shortness of breath, sweating, weak voice, etc. I started taking these almost a year ago and have since been promoted to a director position, I present to our entire organization and lead meetings with our executive team - symptom free! I use 10 mg for meetings and up to 40 mg for presentations and interviews. I have also used 10 mg before a golf tournament and the 1st tee box jitters were completely gone.. The rest of my game still sucked but it felt good not to dribble the first one off the tee!"

Game Changer (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started getting panic attacks when I was 12. Every time I had to present something to my class it felt like I was having a heart attack and my hands and voice would shake uncontrollably. I couldn't get through the presentations most of the time and the kids would make fun of me. It was dreadful. Finally, when I was 14 I saw the doctor that prescribed this. It was a life changer. There was a speech I had to give as an 8th grade project and while I was up at the podium I could actually organize all my thoughts. No shaking. No heart palpitations. No sweaty hands. I could have stayed up there for hours! I even remember thinking, this stuff really works!" I'm 23 now and started taking it for work-related situations."

SaraLynn1024 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Used it today for a work presentation and it worked. At some point later in the day I had to hold back the tears thinking about how my life would have been different had I known about this medicine. I'm 42 years old and wish I knew about this 20 years ago."

dtt November 14, 2014

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Really suffered with public speaking anxiety to the point where I had a panic attack during a presentation and had to stop. Friend recommended propranolol and the difference it made was remarkable. Felt slightly nervous when I had to give a presentation to a large group but when I started talking felt completely at ease. No issues at all. If anyone suffers with the same thing I implore you to see your GP/doctor and get this prescribed."

Anonymous November 7, 2014

"Was very anxious and became depressed after my father was diagnosed terminally ill. I started a new job which didn't help with the stress. Was having often panic attacks. Now I feel amazing. I now have my life back. Without this I think I would of had to be hospitalised. Thank goodness. Life is good again."

Zx November 2, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This is quiet literally a miracle medicine. I used to give presentations all of the time to big groups of people but over the years seem to develop a fear and would be anxious for days leading up to the presentation ... not anymore. I take 1 10mg red pill 1hr before the presentation and because the heart is not racing the rest of me is perfectly calm and relaxed. You still need to prepared and know your stuff or be well rehearsed for a speech but outside of that you now have nothing to worry about. This is truly a life and game changer for anyone who has to give public presentations."

Anonymous November 2, 2014

"I recently was promoted but with that came public speaking. I was a mess! Sweating, shortness of breath, shaking, not being able to think straight...it was awful! My dr prescribed this and the transformation was unbelievable! "

scared speaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Inderal (propranolol): "Works like a miracle. My job requires some presentation skills and no amount of practice reduced the anxiety. My speaking skills improved with Toastmasters, but the anxiety was still crippling. I no longer fear giving workshops and presentations. I only need take it prior to giving a presentation - just once in a while - and a single pill does the trick. Far superior to anxiety meds like Xanax. Propranolol reduces the anxiety with no negative effects on my performance, and no side effects that I've noticed."

MadameLily (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 29, 2014

"I must really have a problem. I take it for singing at church. But need a much higher dose than most I see on here. When I am just singing with the Praise Team I take 60 mg, but when I sing a solo I take 100 mg to feel no symptoms of heart palpitations, feelign like my throat is going to close with no notes coming out. And im 5'3 115 lbs female...started with 10mg and kept having to increase dosage until I felt symptoms gone during a performance. Seriously dont know what I would do without this medication!!"

mama0514 October 26, 2014

"My dad always raved about how wonderful this medicine is for speech anxiety and I am finishing up my bachelors degree.. Needless to say I put my 'Public Speaking' course until my last semester.. I took 20mgs an hour before my speech and did I nail it!! I wasn't nervous at all.. And I usually feel like I'm going to puke before a presentation! This is a miracle for me and I will definitely take it again for speeches later on! Would highly recommend to anyone with "stage fright" or fearful of talking in front of others!"

Speech Paranoid (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

"I use to run off stage or start crying on stage due to extreme fear of public speaking. My voice trembled so terribly that my nickname was baa baa sheep. I suffered from this phobia for over thirty years and I took propanolol for the first time and I was a stunner during my presentation. Thank you to whoever created this medication."

Confident speaker October 14, 2014