User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Performance Anxiety

"Propranolol is a life saver. I always had a fear of public speaking and have gone to great lengths to avoid every occasion to speak to a group. I have stammered in the past wherever I have mustered up the courage to speak to a group, this is despite a lot of preparation. A couple of weeks ago I was to make a 1 hour presentation to a group of overseas customers, I took a dose of 10mg two hours before my presentation and 2X10mg an hour before. I was quite surprised at the way I was able to handle the presentation, very confident, no stage fright, no performance anxiety. Many in the audience complimented me after my presentation, little did they know of my past struggle with speaking in public."

Baiju (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

"Incredible results! I used 80 mg (40 mg about 1 h before and 40 mg 10 to 15 minutes before the presentation) since my weight is 85 kg. No more fear of public presentations, especially when a microphone was involved!!"

Ddlm73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2016

"These reviews are highly accurate. I have suffered public speaking anxiety my whole life but I'm in a position now in my job where I have no choice but to speak. Used this for the first time yesterday. Took 20 mg about 1.5 hours before my speech and was totally clam the whole time I was up there. No shaking, no racing heart and no quivering voice. Awesome! Highly recommend."

No more fear May 27, 2016

"I have always had the fear of speeches. Everyday I would play a scene in my head whereby im asked to present in front of the team and this was my worst nightmare. It influenced many choices I have made (what courses to take, whether to apply for jobs with presentations etc). I had tried meditation, been on public speaking courses, I even used alcohol to get through some. Eventually I went to the doctors and prescribed propanolol, I took 10mg 2 hours and then 10mg 30 mins before a presentation. Today I managed to present in front of 50 people for the first time. I was hesitant just before... but once up there I was cool and calm. It was AMAZING. No shaky voice or hands, I just did it. One of the most significant days of my life."

Ronimm May 25, 2016

"I had two very different experiences with Propranolol. After a long break from work after having a baby, I needed Propranolol to start all the interview process, etc. After taking it everyday (40mg twice a day), I developed a terrible Insomnia. Then I found myself in a nightmare taking something to calm me down in day time and not having any sleep AT ALL at night because of it. So I was prescribed sleeping pills. I managed to stop it all after a few months and took nothing for years. I started feeling a bit anxious once again and started Propranolol couple of weeks ago. I realised that if you take it small doses, only when needed, it's actually fine. Just before speeches, interviews, 10mg up to 20 mg. No Insomnia! Good luck"

Prepme (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

"This pill does what a decade of therapy failed to do and it costs WAY less. I had to take a speech class for college--a class that i'd been putting off for yrs (had already failed once due to anxiety). My dr prescribed this when i mentioned what happens when i have to do any kind of public speaking (my flight or fight response goes through the roof and i can barely speak my voice gets so shaky). Did i still get nervous? Yes, but it makes a HUGE difference because not only did it eliminate the whole racing heart and shaking voice thing but it actually made me more confident cause i knew no matter how much my speech sucked that i'd be able to deliver it cool as a cucumber. FYI chewing a small dose 5 mins before makes it fast acting!"

Anonymous10000008 May 11, 2016

"I gave speeches and presentations for years with mild anxiety, but did pretty well. All of a sudden at a meeting I had to get up and present some information and my heart rate shot up. I couldn't catch my breath. It was the most embarrassing experience of my life. I literally had to sit down. Thankfully I moved to a new town and was offered a position that required speaking often in front of groups. Out of desperation I went to my doctor and he prescribed propranolol. 20mg one hour before speaking and I'm a little dizzy, but the symptoms were gone. It does not relieve pre-speech anxiety, but miraculously keeps the symptoms at bay. Bottom line it works."

LongTimeeer May 10, 2016

"As other users have stated, I have had severe stage fright anxiety since I was at highschool. I dread presentations, I would avoid them at all costs!! But it has come to a time in my life when I could avoid them no more, so I did some googling and this wonderful drug came up. I went to my doc, he said it was safe to use. I took 20mg 1.5hrs before my speech, I was sceptical though! But when It was my turn, I got up and felt nothing.. It was amazing!!! My usual fight or flight response was gone! No rapid pounding heart, no sweats, no shakes, no nervous voice, NOTHING! I was cool and calm, it was unbelievable! Would recommend to anyone suffering severe performance anxiety. But also note it does make you feel a little sluggish, Goodluck!"

Cured!!!! May 7, 2016

"Like the other comments explained: the drug does not eliminate the nerves, but it enables you to function normally. Definitely the number one choice for anyone suffering from fear of public speaking."

Nick91 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

"Even 30 mg works!"

IHusainI April 28, 2016

"I feel I needed to share this as this medicine has definitely helped me. I have had performance anxiety for quite some time. I've tried multiple methods to help ease any fight or flight feelings right before presentations and they have been hit and miss. I used propranolol for the first time last week for a presentation that has been causing me stress. It was a lifesaver. It doesn't get rid of the anxiety, but it gets rid of the fight or flight response my body gets sometimes. That is the worst part of presenting. So while this doesn't get rid of anxiety, it really lowers the dreadful feelings. It you need it, I suggest trying it."

Rando4 April 25, 2016

"three words- AN ABSOLUTE MIRACLE. Propranolol has literally saved my career. I am an outgoing, social, funny woman but for some reason, I have paralyzing fear of speaking in front of a group; even to just introduce myself (which is crazy!!). 2-10mg pills about an hour before a presentation and I can speak with compete ease and absolutely NO symptoms of nervousness. People even comment afterwards saying how great I did. Propranolol is a life saver!!!"

Gdubs April 22, 2016

"A month or so later after starting these, they still very much save the day! On a day i know I'll be faced with long intense meetings or situations that may lead to conflict i take 10mg a few hours before, or generally after i get out of bed. 10 mg seems to be active in my system for around 6 - 7 hours. give or take. It's true they may become a crutch but personally, the physical symptoms are the biggest obstacle within the Anxiety disorder, my mind without this medication tends to be searching for the beginning of an attack, once it feels the initial warning signs (racing heart etc, my focus goes straight to that, i become disconnected from whatever is at hand and internalise, this just feeds the panic. With these that fear lessens daily."

Malc D (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

"Life changing drug for those people especially students who are suffering from social anxiety/performance anxiety and are worried about their racing heart causing restrictions for them to participate in the social events or do presentations before the class.It works 100 %. Go for it and just forget about heart shaking and feeling inconvinience in front of people as it did in my case,suffering from dreadful stage fright.It has changed my life.20-30mg 1 hr before is sufficient to cure extreme stage fright. Miracle drug!"

lamu (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

"When I started researching for stage fright medication, I was brought into this website & based on all the wonderful experiences shared here, I knew this was it! Last week I had to attend a conference as a panelist for 2 full days with a lot of discussions on stage. Based on the comments here, I popped a 40mg pill 1 hour before the start of the conference after breakfast. I was very calm on stage, spoke in length & was a hit with the crowd. I popped another 40mg in the afternoon after lunch & that kept me going good for the whole day. It is definitely not for those who are introverts & want it to work like alchohol! It is for those who have done their preparations but fail to deliver coz of their body letting them down at the crucial time!"

Riteontime April 3, 2016

"when I tried this drugs for first time I got so emotional that brought tears in my eyes I couldn't believe that anything or any drugs could make this severe anxiety that I have could just simply disappear. I am normally a confident person in mind but no matter how I tried my body don't respond when ever I am speaking in front of people or meeting new person my hands start shaking dramatically, that I will be out of control my heart start pumping like crazy. This drug lately save my career. It is like magic I took 40mg everyday in the morning and I am now more confident than ever give it a try it will save you like it save me of course tell your doctor first"

anxious person (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2016

"I eventually developed an anxiety when it came to big meetings. I'm a social person, so I'm not sure where or how this developed; though I can say I've always dreaded getting up in front of the class in high school and college. Symptoms would be extremely fast heart beat, sweating and noticable voice tremble. Propranolol absolved 95% of these symptoms to where I could actively participate again in the meetings without the threat of embarrassing myself. I only took when needed, not everyday. I also recommend lexapro as a general anxiety reducer, I'm on a small 10mg dose of it, and between the two they have completely turned around my life. Hope this info helps someone suffering as I was, this site got me the info to cure my anxiety."

Professional in Meetings (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 2, 2016

"What a miracle drug.... I'm a senior manager with a wide team management role. After a stressful period, I was suddendly not able to have speeches anymore even in fron of few people. After very humiliating experiences I found this drug: 20mg 1 hour before and no trembling voice anymore, even in front of hundreds"

Nick Faldo March 23, 2016

"A year ago I started to feel anxiety in certain social situations. In recent months, the anxiety began to provoke panic attacks. I have researched a lot and I tried a lot of drugs (Diazepam, Alprazolam, Clonazepam, valerian, etizolam etc.. ), but they did not help me. Since studying chemistry I had difficulty working in the lab. I decided to get Propranolol to try a different approach to anxiety / panic attacks. Now I have my life back. There is no shaking, twitches or cracking voice. I do not concern with what might happen because I know that propranolol blocks any fear (not mentally, but physically). I recommend it to all those who suffer from social anxiety accompanied by physical symptoms."

El Nino March 17, 2016

"Lots of stressors in life at the moment. So much anxious brudeing brought about a panic attack. In a meeting at work... I'm a 40 something male manager. I fell apart and as we all know; the fear of it happening again in the same environment simply feeds the fear.. Without going into tok much detail. After some weeks I visited docs, was prescribed 10ml once a day.. I take it in morning before work and today, being my first meeting in months (I adopted the avoidance tactic :-/ ) it simply works... While engaged in topic my mind was on high alert waiting for the heart race, followed by the need to flee.. It simply never came ha.. Results!! However like many I put off taking my first due to fear of the unknown.. Be brave and trust your doc ;)"

Malc D (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2016

"This medication is extremely helpful when it comes to performance anxiety. I am currently a 18 year old student and have been struggling with severe performance anxiety since I was in elementary school. Even having to stand up and talk in front of just 2 people would make me freak out and cause an extreme amount of stress and anxiety. I discovered propranolol around a year ago and it has changed my life. I never thought that I would find a solution to my debilitating anxiety, but I can honestly say that this medication works 100% for this issue. I take 30mg an hour before each speech/performance and the physical symptoms of the fight or flight response are completely gone. I recommend this to everyone suffering with this problem."

Meg123 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

"I'm 43 years old and have had a chronic stage fright that I'd rather DIE than speak in public. I learned last week that I'd be lecturing in front of 50 or so people all Saturdays of March and April 2016. My initial thought was to RESIGN! But I can't for economic reasons, besides I'm doing well here and respected by everyone. Long story short, I googled for quick relief for stage fright as I've suffered for this since I was 11. Trembling voice is my biggest problem. Inderal is a modern day miracle! I poppped in 2 tabs 10mg each an hour before my presentation made sure i've full stomach. When my turn came, no raising heart! AND NO MORE TREMBLING VOICE!!!! I feel i can conquer all now! This was just yesterday and it felt great!"

Marbeth (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

"Wow. This saved me. I'm an entrepreneur who has been kind of avoiding public speaking for a while. I had to present at a conference today - which usually would mean my heart beating out of my chest, shaking hands and voice. Not today. I killed the presentation because of propanolol - I was cool as a cucumber and my heart was nice and slow. I'm excited for my next opportunity to present now. I took 10mg about 2 hours before, then 10mg 1 hour before, and another 10mg 15min before. I probably didn't need that much - but I really wanted it to work. Next time I'll probably only take 10mg 2 hours then 10mg 1hour before."

Entrepreneur (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2016

"I basically had a f@$"ing nervous break down in front of a client today while giving a presentation. I'm an expert in my field, and work for the largest consulting company in the world... I've always had public speaking anxiety and would avoid it at all costs. I was so humiliated. I was with 3 colleagues and 1 person from the clients side. It was a relaxed sit down meeting with chairs huddled around the clients desk and only 8 pages in a ppt. As soon as I opened my mouth my face visibly changed and I had this overwhelming feeling of busting into tears. It kept happening over and over. It makes me so angry. I don't know why it's happening. A friend told me today about this medicine. I'd never heard of it before. I'm calling my Dr tomorrow."

David$65 March 2, 2016

"I'm a sophomore in college and I have avoided presentations since my first semester as a freshman. I have came up with the most ridiculous excuses as to why I wouldn't be able to present. Finally I started talking to a doctor about medicine for my anxiety during presentations and he prescribed me propranolol. Let me tell you, before this is would have panic attacks from being called on in class or even introducing myself. I took 5 10 mg pills yesterday for my presentation in front of 30 people and this pill is an absolute miracle! I wasn't nervous, my voice came out clear and no stuttering whatsoever, my hands weren't shaking, and I felt in complete control. It was exhilarating! I could have talked all day if I needed to."

pris123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2016