User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Rating Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1 medications used in the treatment of Performance Anxiety.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Performance Anxiety

"This is truly a life changing discovery. I cannot express how glad I am that I found this. Prior to propanolol I have had several dreadful experiences with public speaking including being so anxious I literally cut myself on a bottle top seconds before going on. Career in the balance, skin complaints due to stress, overall a truly debilitating cloud over head. Just recently at one of the biggest public address occasions ever I took 80mg 60 mins before speaking and a modern day revolution took place. Whilst I was still nervous I found I could breathe and was not physically shaking. Indeed I enjoyed it!! It allows you to realise how stupid being nervous is and how there is nothing to be scared of. there is hope for everyone if I can do it"

Nervy (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

"I have been struggling with speaking in front of a group for many years. I am now 40 and you would think that through life's experiences that I would have conquered being afraid of making a speech in front of a crowd. I was even asked by a family member to read all of the sympathy cards at my uncle's funeral but I couldn't do it and I felt bad. Well, finally decided to research and find a prescription drug that will help me and came across these testimonials about propranolol, so I located a pcp and decided to go in and get a prescription. I'm a student and I have to make speeches in front of the class and yesterday was the BIG day. I took this 20mg pill an hr before and it really did work!! Great speech pill!!"

NRed February 4, 2016

"love to sing and always did good job then after many years tried to sing in public and it was so nerve racking, the microphone was shaking. I was a wreck and of course my voice was not as good. Tried 10 mg of propranolol and unbelieveable, I sang and really enjoyed the experience.|"

pennyanny (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

"I was prescribed this medicine after detoxing off alcohol for the really bad shakes. The first day I took it I could actually drink without spilling, write ledgeably, an sit still. It also brought my heart rate down to the 80's from 140's."

Jen.recovery January 23, 2016

"This drug really works for me. I have a severe social anxiety and everytime I talk even to a friend, I get anxious. I turn red, my voice trembles, and could not make a sentence. I usually take during presentation at school and it is a wonderful drug. I take 20mg an hour before the presentation. No more shaking, voice trembling. I am now excited for another presentation coz I can do it with very well "

Bellelleb January 6, 2016

"Wonderful, it start working the first day. Not feeling palpitations light now, blood pressure perfect anxiety almost gone and it hasn't been a week. This drug is great"

Travis mom January 4, 2016

"Miracle medicine. I'm a surgeon and started taking it during residency for the equivalent of stage fright doing surgery. Over 20 years there is no question of its efficacy (and safety). It has allowed me to do mission trips and complicated procedures under the most stressful situations. I use it less over the years but still do because it still has a very strong calming effect without sedating or clouding the sensorium. It's as close to a miracle medicine as I have every seen."

Ned249 December 26, 2015

"This pill is a miracle.... I do 3 public speeches a week....with out being nervous...Try it"

Gosza December 19, 2015

"Amazing with treating public speaking fears and the trembling"

Omar Ib December 17, 2015

"I thought I was going to have to drop out of college because I was completely unable to do any kind of presentation in front of the class. I actually am very social and have no other kind of anxiety, but when it came time for me to do a presentation, I couldn't talk, my hands were shaking, my heart was going to race out of my chest, and I was sweating heavily. I literally ran out of the classroom and stayed in the bathroom the whole time. I tried again and again and failed each time I tried to present. The anxiety was AWFUL. I went to my PCP and asked her about Propanolol (I'd been researching possible meds) and she had no problem prescribing it. I've had two presentations this week and I did them like a boss! This is a wonder drug!"

Carlsberg! December 11, 2015

"So ALL my life I've struggled with confidence! I could never get in front of people , I could never be social! The second I heard that celebrities take this stuff I just had To get my hands on some! This is a MIRACLE PILL! I am telling you, Now I don't care about what anyone thinks of me. I really don't! It's hilarious, who would of thought a simple pill could launch my career? I am very successful now THANKS TO THIS PILL! I know that some people think that overcoming anxiety and gaining experience is part of the challenge of being a successful business woman, or a performer BUT FORGET THAT! Why would you want to actually dedicate and commit yourself to that for years when you can take this pill and loose the stress of anxiety. Great pill "

MRS. CONFIDENT November 30, 2015

"hi I am a doctor.I have severe social anxiety.propranolol helps me to continue my job.this is my life ,my love"

joy1988 November 26, 2015

"This medicine has absolutely changed my life for the better. I wasn't sure if I'd ever make it through graduate school but this tiny little pill supported me! Its not stigmatized, addictive, and it actually helps you get to a netter place where you don't need it anymore!!!"

Allison round tree November 16, 2015

"I have struggled with public speaking my whole life, but it all boils down to what I call "that thing my voice does." When I have to speak in a large group, or even get put on the spot to tell a short anecdote with 5-6 people, I get this wave of physical anxiety and my throat feels like it closes. Its like I have to swallow uncontrollably.. Recently a switch in primary care doctor resulted in a prescription for propranolol. It is a miracle! It just works. I don't have palpitations, no crushing adrenaline rush, and my voice is calm and clear!! I would pay $1,000,000 for this - no exaggeration. I read an article where a cardiologist said he went to a physician conference and at least 20% of the Drs presenting used a beta blocker."

Gulp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2015

"for me I'd say betablockers work well for performance/social anxiety.Reading the comments on this page sound so familiar to me.They will not stop you from being nervous but will bring you to a level where the physical aspects of your fear won't manifest ie pounding heart and trembling voice so once you start and realise this usually things will go better. I have found though that certain brands are better than others. I order mine online but yes they have been a lifesaver in certain situations such as introductions in meetings or big interviews etc. Normally for me around 30mg works well about 45 minutes to 1 and half hours before."

elpocketo November 5, 2015

"I have mild social anxiety and low self-esteem. Whenever I have to speak in front of a group of people, be it a short introduction or a 15 minute presentation, I start blushing uncontrollably, my heart wants to pound out of my chest, and my voice starts to tremble. It's absolutely humiliating, especially when you're in graduate school and your peers speak competently. I tried out 10mg of propanolol (I'm a petite 5'1") an hour before my presentation today and was stunned. I not only did not feel terribly nervous, but I was CALM - almost lethargic. When I walked up to the podium, I could feel my nerves emotionally, but my body gave no unusual responses. Unfortunately I did get mild chest tightness a couple hours afterward. Worth it? Totally."

NoLongerAnxious November 3, 2015

"This medication has helped me tremendously with any public speaking/presentation I had to give in the past two-three years (and I've had to do quite a few!). It's been the only thing that works and I take 20mg one hour before I have to present. I don't feel that overwhelming wave of anxiety and don't start getting the usual heart palpitations and physically noticeable symptoms that I normally do when I'm in those sort of situations. I don't feel that it interferes with my mental state or mood (it doesn't have a mellowing effect like other things I've tried). It's the only thing that seems to work for me at the moment. Good luck to anyone that's struggling with social anxiety!"

ValDX November 2, 2015

"I had a speech coming up so I went to my GP and asked her to prescribe a medicine for performance anxiety. I already knew about propranolol and without a doubt she prescribed 40mg of it. I took some when I got home to see how it made me feel, and I didn't feel much (prob because I wasn't in an anxious situation). I took maybe 2 more since then then I took 1 and a half mg (60mg) on the day of my speech. I was worried it wasn't gonna work but as soon as I got up I didn't feel my heart pounding out of my chest, my breathing was normal, and I was even walking around the room while talking! I looked like a natural. I made eye contact and even made jokes! I'm so thankful I found this medicine."

Destinee Simone October 28, 2015

"The first time I experienced any sort of anxiety in front of people occurred at a new job introducing myself in a large meeting. I could hardly get my words out, racing heart, red face, shortness of breath. This one bad experience made me fearful that it could happen again. I went to my doctor and was prescribed propranolol. Before my upcoming presentation I tested it at 10mg and then 20mg another day. I didn't feel either dose was enough to get the job done for a presentation. For the presentation I took 60mg an hour before. Half an hour before my presentation I was so calm although a bit scared. When I went to the podium I was calm and when I began talking I was very comfortable. The presentation went very well."

KevinMarshall October 27, 2015

"I used to have no problem giving presentations or speaking in high level meetings, but one bad experience and I developed classic anxiety symptoms. It was debilitating and I briefly considered having to quit a job which I love. Doctor suggested Propanalol - I took 40mg the next day and felt dreadful. Dizzy, mouth went dry and my anxiety levels actually went up. However, I continued to take 40mg once and day and after about 48hrs the side effects stopped. The benefits massively kicked in too. While I still felt nervous just before speaking, when I opened my mouth I was calm and voice was clear. Still works great, but I massively advise not to take it for the first time right before an important occasion. Test it out first!"

Sizzle1989 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

"Before propranolol I would have extreme anxiety before any public speaking event. My heart felt like it would pound out of my chest and every time I would try to speak my voice would shake uncontrollably. Believe it or not even introducing myself at a conference room table was difficult for me. As each person would say their name and introduce themselves and I could see it getting closer to my turn my heart would start to race uncontrollably. Then when I finally said my name my voice would shake! After I found propranolol everything changed! I was so relaxed in meetings and during any speaking event that I actually started volunteering to give presentations in front of people! 40mg one hour before I speak works wonders for me!"

Patrick1122 October 20, 2015

"I have suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks since adulthood but was too nervous about it to see a doctor. I was maid-of-honor for my best friend's wedding years ago and the thought of giving a toast in front of so many people sent me into such a strong panic attack I had to leave the reception and I'll never get that time back-biggest regret. Recently I was asked to be maid-of-honor in another close friend's wedding and even though it's been over 10 years, all my same fears and anxieties came back. I decided to do something about it and saw my dr who prescribed propranolol. Long story short, the propranolol worked wonders! 20mgs 1 hour ahead and another 20 15 min ahead (plus 1 drink) and I was fine. Speech went great, MIRACLE!"

WenTres October 11, 2015

"As the CEO of a prominent local non-profit, my biggest weakness was public speaking. After an embarrassing episode this year, I found this website and went for a visit to my physician. He prescribed 20mg an hour before public speaking. I did a test run and found myself at lunch with colleagues where I was totally relaxed and enjoying the experience when before I would have been anxious and "stressed". My next experience was a short presentation in front of 30-40 high level leaders. I was still somewhat anxious before the preso, which is okay, but once at the podium and talking I was at ease, relaxed, and my mind clear. I did a great job and actually enjoyed it! A life changer!"

Ready Now October 10, 2015

"I used to take Xanax for presentation or when I sit in a meeting were I have to talk, for the meetings I take 1mg, and when I present something I take 1.5 mg, it works really good, the only bad thing about it is feeling so sleepy that I can't accomplish anything else. I've been using Xanax for 20 years now, only when needed, like once or twice a month, sometime more. Last month, I was searching on the Internet and I saw these reviews, so I decided to try it, I was able to get it without prescription, in my country, you don't need prescription, it's over the counter, and it's very cheap, after few trial and error of trying, I found out that 40 mg works really well for me, and no side effect, thanks all for sharing"

Radie October 7, 2015

"Very very good for meetings, interviews. Stops the impending doom feeling...!! Amazing"

Ellszbells October 3, 2015