User Reviews for Propranolol (Page 4)

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 120 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 411 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Propranolol

For Anxiety: "I take 10 mg in the morning when I have to do something that makes me nervous during the day : eg Singing in front of a crowd, performing a speech, giving a presentation. When I get nervous my body shakes really bad, and it makes my voice shake too. Having this really is a life saver! I've never had any negative effects the times I've taken it. I recommend it, but you certainly don't need much for it to work all day!"

Mikaela9 January 5, 2016

For Performance Anxiety: "Wonderful, it start working the first day. Not feeling palpitations light now, blood pressure perfect anxiety almost gone and it hasn't been a week. This drug is great"

Travis mom January 4, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "Weight gain 27 pounds in 2-3 months"

CatTallafuss January 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "I had very bad anxiety in 2008. After visiting my Dr. he prescribed Inderal. Within ten days, I became a new man. I stopped taking it since my anxiety reduced from 10 to 2. The remaining 2 degree remained within my control. This last for roughly 6 years. This was back in the Middle East where I am originally from. In 2015, my anxiety suddenly came back. This times I was/am in the US. I went to Dr and told him I had the same problem (anxiety) which I overcame it with roughly two weeks of taking Inderal. Well, he was glad that I had ready treatment for myself. But even after for 40 days of taking it with the same dosage, I did not get more than 3 in 10 improvement in my anxiety. Not sure why; whether it was my age or company/country issue."

Easterner (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

For Migraine Prevention: "I started taking propranolol after trying anti-seizure drugs that didn't work at all. I used immitrex for a couple of years and it was wonderful, but got less and less effective. I started with 80 mg propranolol extended release. I could tell it made a difference in the severity, but didn't completely control the migraines. I have been on 160 mg a day, once in the morning, once in the evening. Now I rarely get migraines, and very manageable when I do. Different things work for different people.This really works well for me. I had some weight gain, but I attribute it to getting my appetite back. No migraines, no nausea. Haven't gained enough to remotely think about stopping. Had weird and vivid dreams to start with, but that has stopped."

L C January 3, 2016

For Anxiety: "This helped me a lot. Read all the reviews and ordered online. I was so anxious at times. I could not get out a word. From school days I struggled with anxiety. I could not even do a oral test infront of my class. This went on for years. I avoid situations where I have to be infront of people. 3 weeks ago I got married. This was a miracle. I took 60mg an hour before and was feeling great!!!!! Everything went really well. Not a sign of anxiety that day. Thanks."

Mr Dwd December 28, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Panic attack strike me big time especially during working hours. I get horrible heart palpitations. I take this med and it helps me big time.. My heart calms down in just 3-5 mins.. I have this everywhere I go. It saved my life too.."

meckam December 28, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Miracle medicine. I'm a surgeon and started taking it during residency for the equivalent of stage fright doing surgery. Over 20 years there is no question of its efficacy (and safety). It has allowed me to do mission trips and complicated procedures under the most stressful situations. I use it less over the years but still do because it still has a very strong calming effect without sedating or clouding the sensorium. It's as close to a miracle medicine as I have every seen."

Ned249 December 26, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was hesitant to try this yesterday when my Psychiatrist wrote the prescription for 40 mg. up to 3xs daily for my extreme anxiety I was experiencing with physical symptoms of dry heaves, migraine headache and social anxiety. My first does made me feel slightly nauseous, but that quickly stopped. I felt better. I did not feel my heart eating out of my chest. No heartburn. No side effects but a calm feeling"

De de December 25, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed this when I was first medicated, and it works incredibly. I have extremely severe anxiety, with severe physical side effects just on a normal day. My body practically shuts down during an anxiety attack. I was prescribed 80mg of the extended-release capsules and within two days my physical symptoms lessened. I was still anxious, but my body stopped reacting so violently to anxiety, and my attacks toned down a lot. It's like propranolol took everything down a couple notches, so that instead of a 5 my baseline was a 2 and my anxiety attacks went from an 8 to a 4. The only thing is, don't take such a high dose immediately, try to wean onto it, because I spent plenty of time in and out of the ER because I kept passing out, oops"

A Single Corn Chip December 24, 2015

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I have been using Propranolol for a few years for essential tremor (right hand) taking 20mg twice a day, however, shortness of breath and fatigue is now an issue and I am wondering now if the shakes are worth dealing with vs. shortness of breath and fatigue. I have read that taking the pills during different times of the day make some changes which is something I may try. I do quite a bit of presentation work and I find it does help with anxiety and stress of getting in front of people but I am now questioning the side affects as well as weight gain. I walk three miles a day and believe me it is hard breathing but I am on the fence about which is the more questionable condition, shaking or difficulty breathing with fatigue. What to do?"

Kinda Shakey (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was on low dose (10mg) as my blood pressure is on the lower side but had pretty much no effect on my anxiety, just made me lightheaded, cold and gave me stiff fingers. Have found one use for it though- when my heart pounds at night with my insomnia propranolol certainly slows it down."

coxysmelons December 19, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "This pill is a miracle.... I do 3 public speeches a week....with out being nervous...Try it"

Gosza December 19, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Amazing with treating public speaking fears and the trembling"

Omar Ib December 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "Vomited for six hours after taking this. Never again for me."

Mira Y December 15, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I thought I was going to have to drop out of college because I was completely unable to do any kind of presentation in front of the class. I actually am very social and have no other kind of anxiety, but when it came time for me to do a presentation, I couldn't talk, my hands were shaking, my heart was going to race out of my chest, and I was sweating heavily. I literally ran out of the classroom and stayed in the bathroom the whole time. I tried again and again and failed each time I tried to present. The anxiety was AWFUL. I went to my PCP and asked her about Propanolol (I'd been researching possible meds) and she had no problem prescribing it. I've had two presentations this week and I did them like a boss! This is a wonder drug!"

Carlsberg! December 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I always had panic attacks. I'm now 43 and klonopin wasn't really working anymore. The propranolol works great. I recommend this med it saved my life"

NINERS4LIFE (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have had an anxiety disorder and panic attacks for about 35 years. Prior to the medication the best medications were the benzodiazapines but I have a high tolerance to them now. This has been very helpful- no pounding heart, no head ache, no feelings of dizziness and that I am going crazy. Not sure yet if this medication is causing weight gain-too early for me to tell. I do have a little insomnia but overall I feel 100% better."

Patriciaanne December 7, 2015

For Anxiety: "I use to get panic attacks all the time and other few problems.Propanolol is life saver for me,I am taking 40 mg everyday and i am totally a different person free of anxiety and overthinking.Everbody who has anxiety problems should give a try.I am thankful to scotish scientist who discovered this wonderful medicine changing lives around the globe."

86Dee December 4, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I've had severe migraines since age 35. 20 days out of 30 and many unhelpful trips to ER. Even Demerol did not stop the migraine. I have been taking 80 mg of Propranolol every day since then, 31 years. The propranolol did very little for my pain. I researched and now take 400 mg of Coenzyme Q 10 and two 400 mg feverfew per day. Am headache free. I still take the propranolol because I have taken it so long I cannot safely get off it. Sleeplessness, wild dreams are common, IBS D is a problem and the worst part is the sexual side effects. ED. I wish I had know about the Co Q 10 and feverfew first."

Budiboi1469 December 3, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "This drug has been wonderful! I had a feeling of being off-balance(not true vertigo, though) with my almost daily migraines. I started this medication about 9 months ago and have had only 5 migraines and they were very mild and easily managed. only negative is it does give you some fatigue. I also suffer from anxiety and this drug has helped tremendously on that front since I often ended up with tachycardia during a panic attack and this drug lowers your hear rate and stops that "fight or flight" response."

Sedoh November 30, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "So ALL my life I've struggled with confidence! I could never get in front of people , I could never be social! The second I heard that celebrities take this stuff I just had To get my hands on some! This is a MIRACLE PILL! I am telling you, Now I don't care about what anyone thinks of me. I really don't! It's hilarious, who would of thought a simple pill could launch my career? I am very successful now THANKS TO THIS PILL! I know that some people think that overcoming anxiety and gaining experience is part of the challenge of being a successful business woman, or a performer BUT FORGET THAT! Why would you want to actually dedicate and commit yourself to that for years when you can take this pill and loose the stress of anxiety. Great pill "

MRS. CONFIDENT November 30, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "hi I am a doctor.I have severe social anxiety.propranolol helps me to continue my job.this is my life ,my love"

joy1988 November 26, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "This medicine has absolutely changed my life for the better. I wasn't sure if I'd ever make it through graduate school but this tiny little pill supported me! Its not stigmatized, addictive, and it actually helps you get to a netter place where you don't need it anymore!!!"

Allison round tree November 16, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I have struggled with public speaking my whole life, but it all boils down to what I call "that thing my voice does." When I have to speak in a large group, or even get put on the spot to tell a short anecdote with 5-6 people, I get this wave of physical anxiety and my throat feels like it closes. Its like I have to swallow uncontrollably.. Recently a switch in primary care doctor resulted in a prescription for propranolol. It is a miracle! It just works. I don't have palpitations, no crushing adrenaline rush, and my voice is calm and clear!! I would pay $1,000,000 for this - no exaggeration. I read an article where a cardiologist said he went to a physician conference and at least 20% of the Drs presenting used a beta blocker."

Gulp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2015