User Reviews for Propranolol (Page 4)

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Hemangioma 1 reviews 2 medications

Heart Attack 1 reviews 120 medications

5.5
Summary of Propranolol reviews 401 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Propranolol

For Benign Essential Tremor: "I have been using Propranolol for a few years for essential tremor (right hand) taking 20mg twice a day, however, shortness of breath and fatigue is now an issue and I am wondering now if the shakes are worth dealing with vs. shortness of breath and fatigue. I have read that taking the pills during different times of the day make some changes which is something I may try. I do quite a bit of presentation work and I find it does help with anxiety and stress of getting in front of people but I am now questioning the side affects as well as weight gain. I walk three miles a day and believe me it is hard breathing but I am on the fence about which is the more questionable condition, shaking or difficulty breathing with fatigue. What to do?"

Kinda Shakey (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 21, 2015

For Anxiety: "Was on low dose (10mg) as my blood pressure is on the lower side but had pretty much no effect on my anxiety, just made me lightheaded, cold and gave me stiff fingers. Have found one use for it though- when my heart pounds at night with my insomnia propranolol certainly slows it down."

coxysmelons December 19, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "This pill is a miracle.... I do 3 public speeches a week....with out being nervous...Try it"

Gosza December 19, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "Amazing with treating public speaking fears and the trembling"

Omar Ib December 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "Vomited for six hours after taking this. Never again for me."

Mira Y December 15, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I thought I was going to have to drop out of college because I was completely unable to do any kind of presentation in front of the class. I actually am very social and have no other kind of anxiety, but when it came time for me to do a presentation, I couldn't talk, my hands were shaking, my heart was going to race out of my chest, and I was sweating heavily. I literally ran out of the classroom and stayed in the bathroom the whole time. I tried again and again and failed each time I tried to present. The anxiety was AWFUL. I went to my PCP and asked her about Propanolol (I'd been researching possible meds) and she had no problem prescribing it. I've had two presentations this week and I did them like a boss! This is a wonder drug!"

Carlsberg! December 11, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I always had panic attacks. I'm now 43 and klonopin wasn't really working anymore. The propranolol works great. I recommend this med it saved my life"

NINERS4LIFE (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have had an anxiety disorder and panic attacks for about 35 years. Prior to the medication the best medications were the benzodiazapines but I have a high tolerance to them now. This has been very helpful- no pounding heart, no head ache, no feelings of dizziness and that I am going crazy. Not sure yet if this medication is causing weight gain-too early for me to tell. I do have a little insomnia but overall I feel 100% better."

Patriciaanne December 7, 2015

For Anxiety: "I use to get panic attacks all the time and other few problems.Propanolol is life saver for me,I am taking 40 mg everyday and i am totally a different person free of anxiety and overthinking.Everbody who has anxiety problems should give a try.I am thankful to scotish scientist who discovered this wonderful medicine changing lives around the globe."

86Dee December 4, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I've had severe migraines since age 35. 20 days out of 30 and many unhelpful trips to ER. Even Demerol did not stop the migraine. I have been taking 80 mg of Propranolol every day since then, 31 years. The propranolol did very little for my pain. I researched and now take 400 mg of Coenzyme Q 10 and two 400 mg feverfew per day. Am headache free. I still take the propranolol because I have taken it so long I cannot safely get off it. Sleeplessness, wild dreams are common, IBS D is a problem and the worst part is the sexual side effects. ED. I wish I had know about the Co Q 10 and feverfew first."

Budiboi1469 December 3, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "This drug has been wonderful! I had a feeling of being off-balance(not true vertigo, though) with my almost daily migraines. I started this medication about 9 months ago and have had only 5 migraines and they were very mild and easily managed. only negative is it does give you some fatigue. I also suffer from anxiety and this drug has helped tremendously on that front since I often ended up with tachycardia during a panic attack and this drug lowers your hear rate and stops that "fight or flight" response."

Sedoh November 30, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "So ALL my life I've struggled with confidence! I could never get in front of people , I could never be social! The second I heard that celebrities take this stuff I just had To get my hands on some! This is a MIRACLE PILL! I am telling you, Now I don't care about what anyone thinks of me. I really don't! It's hilarious, who would of thought a simple pill could launch my career? I am very successful now THANKS TO THIS PILL! I know that some people think that overcoming anxiety and gaining experience is part of the challenge of being a successful business woman, or a performer BUT FORGET THAT! Why would you want to actually dedicate and commit yourself to that for years when you can take this pill and loose the stress of anxiety. Great pill "

MRS. CONFIDENT November 30, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "hi I am a doctor.I have severe social anxiety.propranolol helps me to continue my job.this is my life ,my love"

joy1988 November 26, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "This medicine has absolutely changed my life for the better. I wasn't sure if I'd ever make it through graduate school but this tiny little pill supported me! Its not stigmatized, addictive, and it actually helps you get to a netter place where you don't need it anymore!!!"

Allison round tree November 16, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I have struggled with public speaking my whole life, but it all boils down to what I call "that thing my voice does." When I have to speak in a large group, or even get put on the spot to tell a short anecdote with 5-6 people, I get this wave of physical anxiety and my throat feels like it closes. Its like I have to swallow uncontrollably.. Recently a switch in primary care doctor resulted in a prescription for propranolol. It is a miracle! It just works. I don't have palpitations, no crushing adrenaline rush, and my voice is calm and clear!! I would pay $1,000,000 for this - no exaggeration. I read an article where a cardiologist said he went to a physician conference and at least 20% of the Drs presenting used a beta blocker."

Gulp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "for me I'd say betablockers work well for performance/social anxiety.Reading the comments on this page sound so familiar to me.They will not stop you from being nervous but will bring you to a level where the physical aspects of your fear won't manifest ie pounding heart and trembling voice so once you start and realise this usually things will go better. I have found though that certain brands are better than others. I order mine online but yes they have been a lifesaver in certain situations such as introductions in meetings or big interviews etc. Normally for me around 30mg works well about 45 minutes to 1 and half hours before."

elpocketo November 5, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I have mild social anxiety and low self-esteem. Whenever I have to speak in front of a group of people, be it a short introduction or a 15 minute presentation, I start blushing uncontrollably, my heart wants to pound out of my chest, and my voice starts to tremble. It's absolutely humiliating, especially when you're in graduate school and your peers speak competently. I tried out 10mg of propanolol (I'm a petite 5'1") an hour before my presentation today and was stunned. I not only did not feel terribly nervous, but I was CALM - almost lethargic. When I walked up to the podium, I could feel my nerves emotionally, but my body gave no unusual responses. Unfortunately I did get mild chest tightness a couple hours afterward. Worth it? Totally."

NoLongerAnxious November 3, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "This medication has helped me tremendously with any public speaking/presentation I had to give in the past two-three years (and I've had to do quite a few!). It's been the only thing that works and I take 20mg one hour before I have to present. I don't feel that overwhelming wave of anxiety and don't start getting the usual heart palpitations and physically noticeable symptoms that I normally do when I'm in those sort of situations. I don't feel that it interferes with my mental state or mood (it doesn't have a mellowing effect like other things I've tried). It's the only thing that seems to work for me at the moment. Good luck to anyone that's struggling with social anxiety!"

ValDX November 2, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "Effective for stopping migraine but headaches and other side effects don't make it an effective remedy, muscle pain, sleep apnea, stomach upsets even though I take omeprazole. I was much happier taking imigran when I got a migraine rather than taking these tablets, and shall be seeing my doctor to ask about other possible medication that doesn't impose on my wellbeing as much,"

Billynomates (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2015

For Anxiety: "I have been a longtime user of valium for ptsd brought on by wartime experience. about 10 yrs ago had to get new dr.who took me off of valium because dr said I was to old for medication. I started having problems again and dr would not put me back on which really irritated me. He put me on medications and nothing would help and many of them would make me feel like a zombie. Time for new dr. and this one told me to try this propranolol. He gave me a real light dose of 20 miligrams and since I have high blood pressure anyways I decided to give it a try but really did not think it would help. Bingo propranolol worked and did not have any side affects. works 100 % of the time and has added enjoyment back in my life. The VA pays for this."

spider fingers October 31, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I had a speech coming up so I went to my GP and asked her to prescribe a medicine for performance anxiety. I already knew about propranolol and without a doubt she prescribed 40mg of it. I took some when I got home to see how it made me feel, and I didn't feel much (prob because I wasn't in an anxious situation). I took maybe 2 more since then then I took 1 and a half mg (60mg) on the day of my speech. I was worried it wasn't gonna work but as soon as I got up I didn't feel my heart pounding out of my chest, my breathing was normal, and I was even walking around the room while talking! I looked like a natural. I made eye contact and even made jokes! I'm so thankful I found this medicine."

Destinee Simone October 28, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "The first time I experienced any sort of anxiety in front of people occurred at a new job introducing myself in a large meeting. I could hardly get my words out, racing heart, red face, shortness of breath. This one bad experience made me fearful that it could happen again. I went to my doctor and was prescribed propranolol. Before my upcoming presentation I tested it at 10mg and then 20mg another day. I didn't feel either dose was enough to get the job done for a presentation. For the presentation I took 60mg an hour before. Half an hour before my presentation I was so calm although a bit scared. When I went to the podium I was calm and when I began talking I was very comfortable. The presentation went very well."

KevinMarshall October 27, 2015

For Performance Anxiety: "I used to have no problem giving presentations or speaking in high level meetings, but one bad experience and I developed classic anxiety symptoms. It was debilitating and I briefly considered having to quit a job which I love. Doctor suggested Propanalol - I took 40mg the next day and felt dreadful. Dizzy, mouth went dry and my anxiety levels actually went up. However, I continued to take 40mg once and day and after about 48hrs the side effects stopped. The benefits massively kicked in too. While I still felt nervous just before speaking, when I opened my mouth I was calm and voice was clear. Still works great, but I massively advise not to take it for the first time right before an important occasion. Test it out first!"

Sizzle1989 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: "I took this med once a day for 1 year. Before being prescribed this med was having migraines 25 out of 30/31 days per month. Birth control pills made the migraines worse. Could not tolerate prescription pain medication, severe vomiting. Lights and sound were not to be tolerated. Emergency Room Shots then available would not stop the migraine, still had to go to bed. Blood pressure would soar during an attack. Had to have suppositories for the vomiting. Could not keep pills down. I don't remember about weight gain; however I discontinued this medication because I developed numbness all over my body. Arms, legs, stomach, hips, private places. I worked a physical job and had many contact bruises where I didn't notice pain on item contact."

CC Carol Ann October 23, 2015

For Anxiety: "I'm a 24 year old male and self employed builder and 2 months ago out of the blue I started suffering from crippling anxiety and anxiety attacks, I nearly become agoraphobic, after battling on for 2 long months I finally went to the doctor and after refusing medication the first time i decided I needed help, even though I had been doing private CBT etc it didn't help, any way my doctor prescribed me propranolol and my God it was such a relief within an hour I said "hang on a minute I feel normal and couldn't worry if you payed me". It's brilliant:-D. If your suffering from anxiety etc this is a life saver."

No panic (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2015