User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Propranolol Review Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 227 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat High Blood Pressure

"Took propranolol ER 80 mg before bedtime for the first time and woke up significantly calm and rested and my blood pressure went down to 129/79 versus 140/89 with a 30 day average. We'll see how it goes the next 30 days. At least I do not feel the need for a Valium this morning."

A rabbit January 4, 2014

"My blood pressure was lowered immediately after beginning this medicine, also helps with nervous shakes (visible in the hands and feet). It's a great prescription! I've combined this with sodium reduction and relaxation exercises and I have seen My BP drop to the level it was when I was an 18 year old vegetarian and just 80 lbs. Recommend taking this prescription if you are prescribed it. I was lightheaded and dizzy when I took first dose, but not a single issue since that."

Amanda Glamdoll January 1, 2014

"It was to help me with my headaches. It did at first then I started with headaches everyday again and made my legs ache. So I stopped taking it. Also made me dizzy."

Anonymous November 10, 2011

Inderal (propranolol): "I work nights so I took my 2nd dose of the day at 1am. By the time I saw the doctor at 8am, my blood pressure was 160/110. It doesn't work for me. I get no benefit, and most of the side effects."

tiniondaye1974 January 25, 2011

Inderal (propranolol): "I'm a 55 year old male and have been on Inderal since I was in my late 20's. This medicine was perfect for me with little side effects. Some light-headedness at times, nausea was probably the worst side-effect. Inderal has become expensive over the years and sometimes hard to find. After insurance company changes forced me to try other blood pressure drugs, I ended up back on Inderal. Now it seems it is not as effective as it was before. No one (Doctor, Cardiologist, etc.) seems to know why. Increase in palpitations, blood pressure rising, side effects have become worse, etc. Doctor put me on Bystolic. We'll see how it goes. LESSON: If a medicine works for you and you've been on it a long time, STAY ON IT. Don't let the insurance companies play with your health!"

gzlnq9 August 27, 2010

Inderal (propranolol): "Lowered blood pressure but, caused severe hair loss (I saw clumps of hair in drain after every shower) and depression! I have since learned that this 'side effect' is known as 'beta-blocker blues'. However, my M.D. switched me to Tenormin (another beta-blocker) which did NOT have these side effects."

benkecker August 23, 2010

Inderal (propranolol): "I have taken Inderal and Inderal LA for the past 30 years with very few side effects. It helps both my arrhythmia and my high blood pressure. I felt slightly weaker and more tired in the beginning, but now I just feel normal. I have been able to live a relatively normal life and have always been able to do whatever physical activity I needed to do."

coffeecat July 17, 2009

"Gave me aching pain in my right side after about 3 hours and lasted till morning. Disappered until I took it again and then came back."

Anonymous June 15, 2009

Inderal (propranolol): "Inderal works well with hardly any side effects. One good side effect is that it stops severe headaches if you happen to have those with your high blood pressure."

Anonymous April 2, 2009

Inderal LA (propranolol): "i have anxiety induced high blood pressure. At first it didn't do anything for me, however I wasn't taking it at the right time of day. It works wonders when taken at night before bed. Extended release takes 4-5 hours to start working and much longer for peak levels in blood. I now take it at around 10PM and am really calm the next day."

Anonymous February 23, 2009

Inderal (propranolol): "I could see its very faint effect on me though I tried it 5 - 6 times. Not really useful."

jaggia February 4, 2009

"Dropped elevated b/p within 10 days. I had been inactive because of knee surgery and unable to walk every day as before, knee is as good as new and have resumed walking. This med works."

Anonymous April 27, 2008