User Reviews for Propranolol

Also known as: Hemangeol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Inderal XL, InnoPran XL

Learn more about Propranolol.

Reviews for Propranolol to treat Panic Disorder

Review by Boiled Frogs.:

I tried Cipralex for 6 months, then Wellbutrin XL for 4 months. They helped but still not able to function ( No work, moved home, no friends, Not willingly leaving the house, avoiding social anything). I was then prescribed Propranolol with the Wellbutrin, a gradual build up to 20mg over 1 month. Now I am as cool as a cucumber. Still a bit nervous to head outside but that is just thoughts and not a physical reaction. No side effects besides weird dreams but that might be from the Wellbutrin. The first time in a year since this all started I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I am 28, male, heavy drinker. Alcohol might be why this all started. I went from traveling extensively to never leaving the house overnight.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by melisssmikey (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I have panic disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Before I started taking propranolol I would have fast heart rates and the shakes, I could not function. This medicine enables me to live a close to normal life as possible! It does give me cold hands and a little morning dizziness but so what. Compared to a life without it that's nothing.

April 22, 2013 6:34 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

This medicine is great at preventing the physical symptoms of panic attacks which are my biggest concern. At 10mg, it keeps my heart rate at a tolerable level and I don't shake or feel nauseous. However, if I take it and don't experience any stress it completely wipes me out and makes me feel like I just want to sleep all day.

August 31, 2012 9:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Inderal is a really great alternative to benzodiazepines for anxiety and panic attacks. I have generalized anxiety disorder and am prone to having panic attacks, especially in high stress situations that I can't get out of right away. I am prescribed 20mg to take as needed, up to three times a day. When I have my panic attacks, I fear that I might have a heart attack or some bad heart problem because my panic makes my heart pound so hard and fast. Inderal is a beta blocker that blocks adrenaline, so when I take it, my heart slows down a little and doesn't feel as though it is pounding in my chest. It doesn't remove my panic completely but it prevents my anxiety and worries from building. I like Inderal because it is safe and not addictive.

June 19, 2012 10:46 PM

Have tried other medications, such as tricyclic antidepressants. Propranolol helped the most. Without it there is an uncomfortable feeling.

March 13, 2012 8:34 AM