Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle StripThis page contains information on Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Strip for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Strip Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Strip
- Direction and dosage information for Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Strip
Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle StripThis treatment applies to the following species:
(Insecticide Add-on for ID Tags)
For use on Beef Cattle and Dairy Cattle (including lactating) to Control Horn Flies and Gulf Coast Ticks, and to Aid in Control of Spinose Ear Ticks, American Dog Ticks, Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species), Lone Star Ticks, and to Reduce Face Flies.
Keep Out of Reach of Children
Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Strip Caution
*(butylcarbityl) (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and related compounds
● No withdrawal time required.
● Guaranteed against loss due to strip breakage.*
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Reformulation or repackaging of this product is prohibited. The labeling must be in the possession of the user at the time of pesticide application.
Precautions and Restrictions:
● Only protected handlers may be in the area during application.
Apply strips as directed below for Horn Flies and Gulf Coast Ticks:
● Horn Flies: 1 strip/animal for up to 3 months control
2 strips/animal for up to 5 months control (1 strip on each ear)
For breeds with large ears, apply to back of ear for optimum control of horn flies
● Gulf Coast Ticks: 2 strips/animal for up to 4 months control (1 strip on each ear)
Apply strips as directed below for the listed pests:
● Spinose Ear Ticks: 2 strips/animal (1 strip on the front of each ear) to aid in control for up to 3 to 4 months
● American Dog Ticks: 2 strips/animal (1 strip per ear) to aid in control for up to 3 months
● Cattle Fever Ticks (Boophilus species): 2 strips/animal (1 strip per ear) to aid in control for 2 to 3 months. This product should not be the sole means of control of cattle fever ticks.
● Lone Star Ticks: 2 strips/animal (1 strip per ear) to aid in control for 2 months
● Face Flies (Musca autumnalis): 2 strips/animal (1 strip on the front of each ear) to reduce Face Flies
For use only on ID tags that the application site has completely healed. Preferably use with ID tags that were applied the previous season or earlier. In cases where there is only one established ID tag location, an XP 820® Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag can be applied to the other ear for optimum protection. Application can never exceed 2 strips per animal; 2 tags per animal; or 1 strip and 1 tag per animal.
Apply as shown over the button of any existing 2 piece ID tag, such as the Y-TEX All American® 2 piece ID tag system, using 1, 2, 3, or 4 star tags. If ID tags are not present in both ears, an XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag can be applied in one ear. Apply as directed on the XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag box. Application can never exceed 2 strips per animal; 2 tags per animal; or 1 strip and 1 tag per animal.
Apply as shown when attaching to male/female combination ID tags or one piece ID tags by folding tag body and placing tag through the “key hole” in strip and sliding the strip up and over the shaft of the tag system. It is not recommended to place the strip on the back of a one piece ID tag.
Apply when flies or ticks become a problem. Reapply as necessary, up to two treatments per year. All animals in the herd should be treated to avoid dilution of the treatment. To minimize development of insecticide resistance in horn flies, remove used strips and/or tags at the end of the season and follow Y-TEX’s recommended insecticide rotation program. Remove strips and/or tags before slaughter.
Directons For Application
2 Piece ID Tag on back of ear
Directons For Application
1 piece system or male-female double tag on front of ear
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Store in cool, dark place away from sunlight in original container. Opened bags containing ear strips or tags should be resealed for storage.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL: Securely wrap used strips and tags in a plastic bag or several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: Offer for recycling (if available). Do not reuse bag. Discard bag in trash.
This product contains abamectin, a macrocyclic lactone, and piperonyl butoxide, a mixed-function oxidase inhibitor.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to by a poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-255-3924 for emergency medical treatment information.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
CAUTION: HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED
Personal Protective Equipment: Applicators and other handlers must wear:
● Long-sleeved shirt and long pants
● Shoes plus socks
● Chemical resistant gloves made out of; barrier laminate, polyethylene, butyl rubber ≥ 14 mils, nitrile rubber ≥ 14 mils, neoprene rubber ≥ 14 mils, natural rubber ≥ 14 mils, polyvinyl chloride ≥ 14 mils, or viton ≥ 14 mils
USER SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS:
● User should wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
● User should remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
● User should remove PPE immediately after handling this product. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
This pesticide is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash waters, rinsate, or by disposal of used strips or tags.
*This guarantee is a limited guarantee, limited to the replacement of strips only, if the strips failed after being properly applied, to remain on the animal’s ear for a five (5) month period due to strip breakage.
Notice Of Warranty
To the extent consistent with applicable law, Y-TEX CORPORATION MAKES NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED concerning this product or its uses which extend beyond the use of the product under normal conditions in accord with the statements made on the label, and in any case, is limited to replacement of strips only.
EPA EST. NO. 39039-WY-01
EPA REG. NO. 39039-24
U.S. Patent No. 8,985,059
International Patents Pending
Y-TEX CORPORATION, 1825 BIG HORN AVENUE, CODY, WYOMING 82414
MADE IN USA
0.32 oz. (9 grams) PER STRIP
0.32 oz. (9 grams) PER STRIP
1825 BIG HORN AVENUE, CODY, WY, 82414
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Y-Tex XP 820 Insecticide Cattle Strip information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-11-30