Tri-Shield First Defense Gel TubeThis page contains information on Tri-Shield First Defense Gel Tube for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tri-Shield First Defense Gel Tube Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tri-Shield First Defense Gel Tube
- Direction and dosage information for Tri-Shield First Defense Gel Tube
Tri-Shield First Defense Gel TubeThis treatment applies to the following species:
Developer of First Defense®
Bovine Rotavirus-Coronavirus-Escherichia Coli Antibody, Bovine Origin
One Dose Per Calf • Store Refrigerated
K99+ E. coli
TRI-SHIELD FIRST DEFENSE® has been shown to be effective for passive immunity against K99+ E. coli, bovine coronavirus and bovine rotavirus when administered within 12 hours of birth.
Specifically, TRI-SHIELD FIRST DEFENSE® aids in the reduction of:
● Mortality and morbidity from scours caused by K99+ E. coli and bovine coronavirus.
While also reducing:
● Severity and duration of scours caused by bovine rotavirus.
Directions For Use
Do not delay colostrum. For best results, TRI-SHIELD FIRST DEFENSE® gel should be administered to calves orally, within 12 hours after birth. Remove the tube cap, placing the tip at the back of the throat, toward the cheek pocket. Initiate the plunger and squeeze the entire tube contents into the calf’s mouth, ensuring the calf swallows all of the gel.
PrecautionsStore refrigerated (35-46°F, 2-8°C). Do not split dose between multiple calves. Use entire contents when first opened. Blue dye is non-digestible serving as a tracker through the system to ensure calf received treatment. First fecal stool after administration will be blue-green in color. For use in animals only. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label. Do not freeze. Preservative: Thimerosal
● Vea el recuadro para obtener instrucciones en español
● Voir l’encadré pour les instructions en français
U.S. Veterinary License No. 327
Manufactured by ImmuCell Corporation, 56 Evergreen Drive, Portland, ME 04103
56 EVERGREEN DRIVE, PORTLAND, ME, 04103
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2022-11-29