Tremvac-FP-CAV (Canada)This page contains information on Tremvac-FP-CAV for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tremvac-FP-CAV Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tremvac-FP-CAV
- Direction and dosage information for Tremvac-FP-CAV
Tremvac-FP-CAVThis treatment applies to the following species:
AVIAN ENCEPHALOMYELITIS-CHICKEN ANEMIA VIRUS-FOWL POX VACCINE
Live & Modified Live Virus
DIRECTIONS FOR USE, READ CAREFULLY
Wing Web Stick Route
This vaccine is a live virus vaccine containing avian encephalomyelitis virus prepared from the Calnek strain, a modified fowl pox virus, and chicken anemia virus prepared from a modified U.S. field isolate. The vaccine is packaged in two separate units. One is a vial containing freeze-dried avian encephalomyelitis virus and fowl pox virus (TREMVAC®-FP). The second is a vial containing chicken anemia virus suspension (CAV-VAC®) to be used as the wing web diluent.
Tremvac-FP-CAV Indications For Use
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 10 to 12 weeks of age against avian encephalomyelitis, fowl pox disease and to provide passive immunity against chicken anemia virus to progeny. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
WARNING: USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN CHICKENS YOUNGER THAN THREE WEEKS OF AGE MAY CAUSE CLINICAL SIGNS OF CHICKEN ANEMIA. DO NOT VACCINATE BREEDER CHICKENS IN LAY.
Preparation Of Vaccine
DO NOT OPEN THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPENING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vial containing the freeze-dried TREMVAC®-FP.
2. Remove the seal and stopper from the CAV-VAC® vial.
3. Pour one-half of the CAV-VAC® from the vial into TREMVAC®-FP vial. Insert the rubber stopper and shake until dissolved.
4. Pour the dissolved TREMVAC®-FP into the CAV-VAC® vial. Re-insert the rubber stopper and shake well. The vaccine is now ready for use.
FOR CHICKENS FROM 10 TO 12 WEEKS OF AGE.
1. Vaccine is applied to the web of the wing. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. A dose of 0.01 mL should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator in the vaccine mixture, allowing the applicator grooves to fill with liquid, and stabbing the webbed portion of the wing from beneath. Avoid feathered areas of the web.
3. Periodically during use, re-insert stopper and shake vaccine well.
4. At about 7 to 10 days after vaccination, a few birds should be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination job was done, shows swelling in the skin at the point of vaccination with scab formation. The scabs will fall off about 2 to 3 weeks following vaccination.
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
2. All chickens should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Following vaccination, virus may be shed in the feces. Thus, care should be taken to avoid spread of the vaccine virus to young chickens or unexposed chickens in lay.
4. Use entire contents when first opened.
5. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter or 6 weeks prior to onset of or during lay.
6. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F). Do not freeze.
7. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
8. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
9. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
10. Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservative.
11. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY.
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health U.S. and local requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 10T1.40
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
10 x 1,000 Doses/vial Tremvac®-FP
10 x 1,000 Doses (10 mL/vial) CAV-VAC® (Diluent)
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-30