Tremvac-FP (Canada)This page contains information on Tremvac-FP for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tremvac-FP Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tremvac-FP
- Direction and dosage information for Tremvac-FP
Tremvac-FPThis treatment applies to the following species:
AVIAN ENCEPHALOMYELITIS-FOWL POX VACCINE
Wing Web Stick Route
DIRECTIONS FOR USE, READ CAREFULLY
The avian encephalomyelitis portion of this vaccine is prepared from the tested and proven Calnek strain of avian encephalomyelitis virus which was back passaged through SPF (Specific Pathogen Free) chickens to assure its full potential. The fowl pox portion of this vaccine is prepared from a proven strain of fowl pox virus which was back passed through Specific Pathogen Free (SPF) chickens to assure its full potential. The immunizing capability of this vaccine has been proven by the Master Seed Immunogenicity Test.
Tremvac-FP Indications For Use
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy chickens 8 - 17 weeks of age against avian encephalomyelitis and fowl pox disease. Duration of immunity has not been established. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Preparation Of Vaccine
DO NOT OPEN AND MIX THE VACCINE UNTIL READY TO BEGIN VACCINATION. USE VACCINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER MIXING.
1. Remove the tear-off seal and stopper from the vaccine vial.
2. Remove the seal and stopper from the vial of 10 ml diluent.
3. Pour one-half of diluent from diluent vial into vial of vaccine. Insert the rubber stopper and shake until resuspended.
4. Pour resuspended vaccine into diluent vial. Add rubber stopper and shake well. Vaccine is now ready for use.
FOR CHICKENS FROM 8-17 WEEKS OF AGE
1. Vaccine is applied to the web of the wing. Use the enclosed two-pronged applicator.
2. A dose of 0.01 ml should be administered to each bird by dipping the applicator in the vaccine mixture, allowing the applicator grooves to fill with liquid, and stabbing the webbed portion of the wing from beneath. Avoid feathered areas of the web.
3. At about 7 to 10 days after vaccination, a few birds should be examined for takes. A good take reaction, indicating that a satisfactory vaccination job was done, shows swelling in the skin at the point of vaccination with scab formation. The scabs will fall off about 2 to 3 weeks following vaccination. Good immunity is established 2 to 3 weeks after vaccination.
1. VACCINATE ONLY HEALTHY CHICKENS.
2. All chickens should be vaccinated at the same time.
3. Use entire contents when first opened.
4. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter or 35 days prior to onset and during egg production.
5. Store at 2° to 8°C (35° to 46°F). Do not freeze.
6. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
7. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
8. In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
9. Contains gentamicin as a preservative.
10. FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
This vaccine has undergone rigid potency, safety and purity tests, and meets Merck Animal Health, U.S. and local regulatory requirements. It is designed to stimulate effective immunity when used as directed, but the user must be advised that the response to the product depends upon many factors, including, but not limited to, conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of the individual chickens and the degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions should be followed carefully.
Keep a record of vaccine, quantity, serial number, expiration date, and place of purchase; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and locations of chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CARTON IN FRACTIONAL UNITS. DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health, Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 10M1.14
1 800 211-3573 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (CAN)
For patent information:
10 x 1,000 Doses
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-11-27