Tilmovet Premix (Canada)This page contains information on Tilmovet Premix for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Tilmovet Premix Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Tilmovet Premix
- Direction and dosage information for Tilmovet Premix
Tilmovet PremixThis treatment applies to the following species:
Tilmicosin (as tilmicosin phosphate) premix
DIN # 02349507
For Veterinary Use Only
Net content: 5 & 10 kg
PREMIX FOR MEDICATING FEED
SWINE AND FEEDLOT CATTLE
Each bag contains: 200 g tilmicosin (as tilmicosin phosphate) per kilogram.
FOR USE IN SWINE AND FEEDLOT CATTLE FEEDS ONLY - MUST BE THOROUGHLY MIXED IN FEEDS BEFORE USE.
INDICATIONS AND DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
As an aid in reducing the severity of swine respiratory disease associated with Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae and Pasteurella multocida when fed to pigs approximately 7 days prior to anticipated disease outbreak.
Dosage and Administration
- Feed at 200 g tilmicosin activity per tonne (1000 kg) for a 21-day period, beginning approximately 7 days before an anticipated outbreak. Feed continuously as the sole ration.
- To provide 200 g tilmicosin activity per tonne (1000 kg) in complete feed, thoroughly mix 1.0 kg TILMOVET Premix into 999 kg non-medicated swine feed.
As an aid in reducing the severity of porcine polyserositis and arthritis associated with Haemophilus parasuis (Glasser’s Disease) when fed to pigs approximately 7 days prior to anticipated outbreak.
Dosage and Administration
- Feed at 400 g tilmicosin activity per tonne (1000 kg) for a 21-day period, beginning approximately 7 days before an anticipated outbreak. Feed continuously as the sole ration.
- To provide 400 g tilmicosin activity per tonne (1000 kg) in complete feed, thoroughly mix 2.0 kg TILMOVET Premix into 998 kg non-medicated swine feed.
For the reduction of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) morbidity associated with Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida and/or Histophilus somni in groups of feedlot beef cattle experiencing an outbreak of BRD.
Dosage and Administration
- Feed at the appropriate concentration in medicated feed to target 12.5 mg/kg body weight/head day for a 14-day period. Feed continuously in the complete diet (total mixed ration) of cattle.
- TILMOVET Premix should be blended into an intermediate mix (premix or supplement) and then mixed into the complete diet [total mixed ration (TMR)] to supply 12.5 mg tilmicosin per kg of body weight (BW). The following is the calculation to determine the concentration of tilmicosin in the complete feed and the intermediate mix.
1) Calculate the amount (mg) of tilmicosin activity required per head per day.
- body weight (kg) X 12.5 mg/kg BW
2) Calculate the dry matter intake (DMI) in kg per head per day.
- body weight (kg) X estimated DMI as a percent of BW
3) Calculate the concentration (mg/kg) in the complete diet (TMR).
- amount (mg) of tilmicosin required per head per day divided by the DMI (kg)
4) Calculate the concentration of tilmicosin in the intermediate mix (mg/kg = g/tonne).
- concentration in the complete diet (mg/kg) divided by the intended inclusion rate (%) of the intermediate mix in the complete diet
5) Calculate the amount of TILMOVET Premix (kg) to be added per tonne (1000 kg) of the intermediate mix.
- concentration of tilmicosin (g/tonne) in the intermediate mix divided by the TILMOVET Premix concentration (200 g tilmicosin per kg)
An example: Body weight is 300 kg; Dry matter intake as a percent of body weight is 2%; Intermediate premix or supplement is to be incorporated in the complete feed at 4% of dry matter.
1) 300 kg X 12.5 mg/kg = 3750 mg tilmicosin per head per day
2) 300 kg X 2% (or 300 x 0.02) = 6 kg dry matter intake per head per day
3) 3750 mg tilmicosin per head per day divided by 6 kg DMI = 625 mg tilmicosin/kg DMI
4) 625 mg/kg divided by 4% inclusion (or 625 mg/kg divided by 0.04) = 15,625 mg/kg = 15,625 g/tonne tilmicosin in the intermediate mix
5) 15,625 g/tonne tilmicosin in the intermediate mix divided by 200 g tilmicosin per kg TILMOVET Premix = 78.125 kg/tonne.
Note: To promote responsible use and limit the development of antimicrobial resistance, consult your veterinarian and use TILMOVET Premix only under the following conditions:
a) In swine when factors associated with outbreaks of SRD or Glasser’s Disease (such as herd health status, target pig population, herd management and environmental factors, etc.) have been carefully considered;
b) In feedlot beef cattle when:
(i) Clinical BRD has been diagnosed in at least 10% of animals in the group to be treated; AND
(ii) Treatment is initiated within the first 45 days of arrival in the feedlot; AND
(iii) Medication is limited to one single period of 14 consecutive days of treatment.
1) Do not use in animals hypersensitive to tilmicosin.
2) Tilmicosin is known to be toxic for horses. Do not allow horses or other equines access to feeds containing tilmicosin.
3) Do not use in any feed (supplement, concentrate, or complete feed) containing bentonite. Bentonite in feeds may affect the efficacy of tilmicosin.
1) The safety of tilmicosin has not been established in boars used for breeding.
2) The effects of TILMOVET Premix on bovine reproductive performance, pregnancy and lactation have not been determined.
3) The safety of TILMOVET Premix in pre-ruminant calves has not been established.
1) Treated swine must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 14 days after the latest treatment with this drug.
2) Treated cattle must not be slaughtered for use in food for at least 28 days after the latest treatment with this drug.
3) Do not use in lactating dairy cattle.
4) To limit the development of antimicrobial resistance, TILMOVET Premix should only be used in swine at high risk of developing swine respiratory disease or Glasser’s Disease and in feedlot beef cattle at high risk of developing bovine respiratory disease.
5) When mixing and handling TILMOVET premix, use protective clothing, impervious gloves, and a dust mask. Operators should wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water, if irritation persists, seek medical attention.
6) Keep out of reach of children.
7) To report adverse effects in users or to obtain occupational safety information, call 1-800-265-1763.
StorageStore in the original container, do not store above 30°C, protect from freezing.
Tilmovet Premix is supplied in a 5 or 10 kg three-ply paper bag.
SHELF LIFE AFTER FIRST OPENING OF THE CONTAINER: 3 months.
MANUFACTURED BY: HUVEPHARMA AD, 3a, Nikolay Haytov Street, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
DISTRIBUTED BY: Bio Agri Mix LP, P.O. Box 399, Mitchell, ON, N0K 1N0
NAC No.: 12990081
Distributed by BIO AGRI MIX LP
P.O. BOX 399, 11 ELLENS STREET, MITCHELL, ON, N0K 1N0
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Tilmovet Premix information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-02-06