SNAP Heartworm Antigen Test KitThis page contains information on SNAP Heartworm Antigen Test Kit for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SNAP Heartworm Antigen Test Kit Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SNAP Heartworm Antigen Test Kit
- Direction and dosage information for SNAP Heartworm Antigen Test Kit
SNAP Heartworm Antigen Test KitThis treatment applies to the following species:
Heartworm Antigen Test Kit
For veterinary use only.
In-vitro diagnostic for the semiquantitative detection of Dirofilaria immitis (D. immitis) antigen in canine and feline whole blood, serum or plasma.
Precautions and warnings
● All waste should be properly decontaminated prior to disposal.
● Do not mix components from kits with different serial numbers.
● Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.
● WARNING: Conjugate - H316/P332+P313/EUH208. Causes mild skin irritation. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Contains ProClin™ 150. May produce an allergic reaction.
● Store at 2-25°C until expiration date.
● All components must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before running the test.
1 bottle anti-HTWM: HRPO conjugate (Preserved with gentamicin and ProClin™ 150)
15 or 30
Reagents contained in each device:
Wash solution (preserved with ProClin™ 150)
Other Components: transfer pipettes, sample tubes, and reagent rack
● Samples must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before beginning test procedure.
● Serum, plasma or anticoagulated whole blood (e.g., EDTA, heparin), either fresh or stored at 2-8°C for up to one week, can be used.
● For longer storage, serum or plasma can be frozen (-20°C or colder) and then recentrifuged before use.
● Hemolyzed or lipemic samples will not affect test results.
1. If stored in a refrigerator, allow all components to equilibrate at room temperature (18-25°C) for 30 minutes. Do not heat.
2. Using the pipette that is provided, dispense 3 drops of sample into a new sample tube.
3. Holding the bottle vertical, add 4 drops of conjugate to the sample tube.
4. Cap the sample tube and mix it thoroughly by inverting it 3-5 times.
5. Place the device on a horizontal surface. Add the entire contents of the sample tube to the sample well, being careful not to splash the contents outside of the sample well.
The sample will flow across the result window, reaching the activation circle in 30-60 seconds. Some sample may remain in the sample well.
6. When color FIRST appears in the activation circle, push the activator firmly until it is flush with the device body.
Note: Some samples may not flow to the activation circle within 60 seconds, and, therefore, the circle may not turn color. In this case, press the activator after the sample has flowed across the result window.
7. Read test result at eight minutes.
Interpreting Test Results
Any amount of color development in the sample spots indicates a positive result and color intensity is proportional to the heartworm antigen concentration in the sample.
Low antigen levels
High antigen levels
Only the positive control spot develops color.
1. Negative Control (safeguard against false positives) - If color in the negative control spot is equal to or darker than the color in the sample spots, the result is invalid and the sample should be retested.
2. No Color Development - If the positive control does not develop color, repeat the test.
3. Background - If the sample is allowed to flow past the activate circle, background color may result. Some background color is normal. However, if colored background obscures test result, repeat the test.
Idexx Snapshot Dx* Analyzer
Canine test results can also be read using the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer. A complete description of how to enter patient data and read test results using the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer can be found in the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer Operator’s Guide.
IDEXX Technical Support
USA/Canada: 1 800 248 2483 • idexx.com
Australia: 1300 44 33 99 • idexx.com.au
*SNAP, SNAPshot Dx and PetChek are trademarks or a registered trademarks of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Patent information: idexx.com/patents.
© 2019 IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
IDEXX, One IDEXX Drive, Westbrook, Maine 04092 USA
ONE IDEXX DRIVE, WESTBROOK, ME, 04092
|Pet Diagnostics/Order Desk:||800-248-2483|
|Poultry/Livestock Order Desk:||800-943-3999|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-12-02