SNAP Feline TripleThis page contains information on SNAP Feline Triple for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- SNAP Feline Triple Indications
- Warnings and cautions for SNAP Feline Triple
- Direction and dosage information for SNAP Feline Triple
SNAP Feline TripleThis treatment applies to the following species:
Feline Heartworm-Feline Leukemia Virus Antigen-Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Antibody Test Kit
For veterinary use only.
SNAP* Feline Triple*
In vitro diagnostic for the detection of Dirofilaria immitis antigen, antigen to feline leukemia virus and antibody to feline immunodeficiency virus in feline serum, plasma or whole blood.
Precautions and Warnings
• All wastes should be properly decontaminated prior to disposal.
• Do not mix components from kits with different serial numbers.
• Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.
• Male-only heartworm infections typically produce antigen levels that are below the detection capability of this antigen test.
Store devices and test reagents at 2-8°C until the expiration date. All components must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before running the test-do not heat.
1 bottle anti-HW, anti-FeLV and FIV:HRPO conjugate
(Preserved with gentamicin and Kathon)
5, 15 or 30
Reagents contained in each device:
Wash Solution (preserved with Kathon)
Other Components: transfer pipettes, sample tubes, and reagent rack
• Samples must be at room temperature (18-25°C) before beginning the test procedure.
• Serum, plasma or anti-coagulated whole blood (e.g., EDTA, heparin), either fresh or stored at 2-8°C for up to one week, can be used.
• For longer storage, serum or plasma can be frozen (-20°C or colder) and then recentrifuged before use.
• Hemolyzed or lipemic samples will not affect results.
1. Allow all components to equilibrate at room temperature (18-25°C) for 30 minutes before use. Do not heat.
2. Using the pipet provided, dispense 3 drops of sample into a new sample tube.
3. Holding the bottle vertical, add 4 drops of conjugate to the sample tube.
4. Cap the sample tube and mix it thoroughly by inverting it 3-5 times.
5. Place the device on a horizontal surface. Add the entire contents of the sample tube to the sample well, being careful not to splash the contents outside of the sample well.
The sample will flow across the result window, reaching the activation circle in 30-60 seconds. Some sample may remain in the sample well.
6. When color FIRST appears in the activation circle, push the activator firmly until it is flush with the device body.
Note: Some samples may not flow to the activation circle within 60 seconds and, therefore, the circle may not turn color. In this case, press the activator after the sample has flowed across the result window.
7. Test results must be read at 10 minutes from the time of activation.
Note: The positive control may develop sooner, but results are not complete until 10 minutes.
Interpreting Test Results
Any color development in the sample spots indicates the presence of FIV antibody, FeLV antigen or heartworm antigen in the sample.
Only the positive control spot develops color.
• Background-If the sample is allowed to flow past the activation circle, background color may result. Some background color is normal. However, if colored background obscures the test result, repeat the test.
• No Color Development-If the positive control does not develop color, repeat the test.
Idexx Snapshot Dx* Analyzer
Test results can also be read using the SNAPshot Dx analyzer. A complete description of how to enter patient data and read test results using the SNAPshot Dx analyzer can be found in the SNAPshot Dx Analyzer Operator’s Guide.
IDEXX Technical Support
USA/Canada 1 800 248 2483
Europe 00800 1234 3399
Australia 1300 44 33 99
U.S. Vet. License No. 313
Product Code 502C.01
*SNAP, SNAPshot Dx, Feline Triple and PetChek are trademarks or registered trademarks of IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Patent information: idexx.com/patents
© 2013 IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved.
IDEXX LABORATORIES, One IDEXX Drive, Westbrook, Maine 04092 USA
NAC No.: 1116067.4
ONE IDEXX DRIVE, WESTBROOK, ME, 04092
|Pet Diagnostics/Order Desk:||800-248-2483|
|Poultry/Livestock Order Desk:||800-943-3999|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the SNAP Feline Triple information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-02-06