Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs)This page contains information on Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs)
- Direction and dosage information for Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs)
Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs)This treatment applies to the following species:
Kills Flea Eggs
Kills Flea Larvae
OVER 9 LBS
Starts working through contact
Once per month topical flea treatment for cats.
ONLY for cats and kittens 8 weeks or older and weighing over 9lbs.
Contains imidacloprid & pyriproxyfen, the active ingredients used in Advantage® II*
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs) Caution
*SENTRY® Advance Guard2™ for Cats is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer Healthcare LLC, the makers of Advantage® II.
Once per month topical flea treatment for cats
● Kills adult fleas, larvae, and eggs, providing 3-way protection
● Controls existing flea eggs and fleas and prevents future infestations for 1 month
● Kills fleas within 12 hours of application on cats
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE.
USE ONLY ON CATS AND KITTENS 8 WEEKS OF AGE OR OLDER.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION. Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS. For external use on cats only. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats. Do not treat your cat with more than one pesticide product at a time. Over dosing your cat can result in serious illness and even death. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If in eyes:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If on skin or clothing:
● Take off contaminated clothing.
● Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
HOT LINE NUMBER
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-781-4738 for emergency medical treatment information.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN
Treat the patient symptomatically.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR CAT, READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY.
● DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO APPLY PRODUCT.
● Do not use on animals other than cats.
● Do not allow your cat to ingest this product.
● Do not reapply for 4 weeks.
● Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age. Do not apply to cats weighing less than 9 lbs.
● Use entire contents of tube on each cat. Do not split one tube between two cats. Do not use multiple tubes on one cat.
● Weigh your cat to be sure you are applying the right dose formulated for the weight of your cat.
● Separate the treated cat from all other cats and dogs for 24 hours after treatment has been applied.
● Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with the treated area until completely dry.
Side EffectsMonitor your cat after application. Some cats may experience temporary startle effects when any product is applied. Cats may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product application such as redness, scratching or other signs of discomfort. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your cat with a mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-800-781-4738. If your cat has an unusual reaction to the initial application, consult a veterinarian before repeating application. The most common signs of incidental ingestion are excessive salivation and foaming at the mouth. If these symptoms occur, immediately feed your cat and continue to monitor your cat for the next 24 hours.
How to Open:
1. Remove product tubes from the package.
2. Separate one tube from the others. Hold the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body. Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
How to Apply:
1. Hold cat with one hand and use the other hand to apply the solution.
2. Invert the tube and use the narrow end to part the cat’s hair.
3. Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the cat’s skin as a spot between the shoulder blades.
Only For Cats Weighing Over 9 lbs. Do not apply to cats weighing less than 9 lbs. Do not use more than one tube on cats greater than 9 lbs.
Apply one tube 0.8 mL (0.027 fl oz) directly to skin as a spot between the shoulder blades. Hold the cat for a few seconds to give the solution time to be absorbed into the cat’s coat.
FREQUENCY OF APPLICATION
Use this product monthly for control of flea infestations. Studies show that this product kills fleas within 12 hours of application and lasts for up to 4 weeks. This product kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours and prevents further infestations of fleas. Apply monthly for flea control. This product is waterproof and remains effective, even after water immersion or exposure to sunlight or rain.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Do not remove tube from the pack until ready to use. Store in a cool (below 77°F/25°C), dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Do not refrigerate. Protect from direct sunlight.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: If empty: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
If you have questions or comments about this product, please write:
SENTRY Consumer Response, P.O. Box 540399, Omaha, NE 68154-0399
Manufactured by: Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc., Omaha, NE 68154-0399
In case of Emergency, call: 1-800-781-4738
Non-Emergency call: 1-800-224-PETS (7387)
EPA Reg. No. 2517-175
EPA Est. No. 2517-NE-02
0.108 fl oz (3.2 mL)
dba Perrigo Animal Health
P.O. BOX 540399, OMAHA, NE, 68154-0399
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Sentry Advance Guard 2 for Cats (over 9 lbs) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2018-09-03