Pro'tect HEThis page contains information on Pro'tect HE for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Pro'tect HE Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Pro'tect HE
- Direction and dosage information for Pro'tect HE
Pro'tect HEThis treatment applies to the following species:
HEMORRHAGIC ENTERITIS VACCINE, LIVE VIRUS
LIVE, CELL CULTURE GROWN VIRUS.
USE ONLY IN TURKEY DRINKING WATER.
STORE REFRIGERATED AT 2° - 8°C (35° to 46°F) UNTIL USE
CONTAINS PENICILLIN STREPTOMYCIN AND AMPHOTERICIN B AS PRESERVATIVES
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Directions For Use
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy turkey poults 22 days of age or older against Hemorrhagic Enteritis Virus. Duration of immunity has not been determined. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
HOW TO VACCINATE
1. Vaccinate only healthy poults free from environmental or physical stress.
2. Use only clean water tanks, lines, and fountains free of disinfectants or sanitizers. To insure Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine stability, a non-fat powdered milk product must be flushed through the drinking system a minimum of 30 minutes prior to vaccination.
3. Administer Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine at day’s first light. Calculate quantity of water necessary to administer vaccine using the following guide:
Water required per 1000 poults
Age in Days
Gallons of water
22 to 28
20 to 30
29 to 35
30 to 40
36 to 42
40 to 50
4. A non-fat powdered milk product must be added to tank containing water as calculated (in #3 above) approximately 30 minutes prior to adding the Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine. Use 1 lb powdered milk product per 100 gallons water.
5. Remove the desired number of doses from refrigerator and tip each vial back and forth to insure contents are thoroughly mixed. Tear off aluminum seals and remove rubber stoppers. Pour contents of vials into one gallon of pre-mix water as prepared in #6 below. Mix thoroughly.
6. Obtain pre-mix water by drawing off a one gallon quantity of the drinking water prepared in #4 above, or by adding 1 tablespoon of a non-fat powdered milk product to one gallon of water.
7. Pour the thoroughly mixed one gallon of pre-mix solution into tank (prepared in #4 above). Contents of tank should be thoroughly mixed for several minutes and remixed at 2 hour intervals during vaccine administration.
8. Provide ample water space so all turkey poults have easy water access. Allow all vaccine to be consumed. Vaccine should be consumed in 8 hours.
9. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the insert.
10. Use entire contents when first opened.
11. Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
12. Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
DO NOT ACCEPT IF SEAL IS BROKEN
USE ENTIRE VIAL CONTENTS WHEN FIRST OPENED
BURN CONTAINER AND ALL UNUSED CONTENTS
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE REPACKAGING OR SALE OF THE CONTENTS IN FRACTIONAL UNITS.
BRINTON LABORATORIES, INC., NEW LONDON, MN 56273
United States Veterinary Biologics Establishment License No. (VLN) 343
Product Code No. (PCN) 17E1.20
2 X 5000 DOSE VIALS - 15 ML
8498 206TH AVE NE, BLDG B., NEW LONDON, MN, 56273
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-02-28