Powder MaxThis page contains information on Powder Max for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Powder Max Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Powder Max
- Direction and dosage information for Powder Max
Powder MaxThis treatment applies to the following species:
Heavy Duty Chlorinated Alkaline Powder
Formula ingredients contain not more than 2.5% Phosphorus, 0.1 g/L, (0.4 g/US gal) of recommended use concentration.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Directions For Use
Cleaning Pipelines and Milking Units
1. Pre-flush pipelines and milking units with large volume of warm water.
2. Prepare wash solution using 1 ounce(s) of Powder Max to each 3 of gallon(s) of hot water (2.5 g/L). Temperature must not go below 110°F/43°C during the wash cycle.
3. Circulate wash solution through system for 5-10 minutes. Brush-wash all parts not coming in contact with the wash solution. Wear impervious gloves when brush-washing equipment.
4. Rinse the milk line with an acid rinse of less than 3.5 pH for 3 to 4 minutes
5. Just before milking (approximately 20 to 30 minutes), sanitize by circulating proper ppm solution of a recommended sanitizer for 3 to 4 minutes and drain completely.
Cleaning Bulk Tanks
1. Pre-flush bulk tank with large volume of warm water.
2. Prepare wash solution in volume necessary to properly operate the spray device, using 1 ounce(s) of Powder Max per each 2 gallon(s) of hot water (3.8 g/L) Temperature must not go below 110°F/43°C during the wash cycle.
3. Spray-wash for 8-10 minutes. Disconnect return line and drain. Inspect all milk zone surfaces for cleanliness. Prepare wash solution using 4 ounces (118.3 mL) of a chlorinated manual cleaner and not more than 1 gallon (3.78 L) of hot water. Brush-wash valve, outside of tank and any part of tank not cleaned by spraying system. Wear impervious gloves when brush-washing equipment.
4. Rinse inside and outside of bulk tank with potable water to remove all wash solution. Allow to drain.
5. See steps 4 and 5 above.
*Where local or state regulations are in effect, consult authorities for additional information.
Avoid food contamination during application and storage. Do not store in food processing areas.
Rinse surfaces thoroughly with potable water after use.
This product is not for use as hard surface disinfectant or sanitizer.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation.
Do not breathe dust or mist. Wash skin thoroughly after handling. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/ protective clothing/ eye protection/ face protection. Mixing this product with acid or ammonia releases chlorine gas.
IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/ Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/ shower. IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/ physician. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
READ SAFETY DATA SHEET (SDS) BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
EMERGENCY HEALTH INFORMATION: Contact local poison control.
Manufactured for: Aspen Veterinary Resources®, Ltd., 3155 Heartland Drive, Liberty, MO 64068
4 - 11.4 KG (25 LB)
148 KG (325 LB)
NAC No.: 1833012.0
3155 W. HEARTLAND DRIVE, LIBERTY, MO, 64068
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Powder Max information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-10-31