PetPrevea II for Cats (5-9 lbs.)This page contains information on PetPrevea II for Cats (5-9 lbs.) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- PetPrevea II for Cats (5-9 lbs.) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for PetPrevea II for Cats (5-9 lbs.)
- Direction and dosage information for PetPrevea II for Cats (5-9 lbs.)
PetPrevea II for Cats (5-9 lbs.)This treatment applies to the following species:
Kills fleas on cats
Kills flea eggs
Kills flea larvae
● flea eggs
● flea larvae
Monthly Topical Flea Prevention and Treatment for Cats
For Use ONLY on Cats 8 Weeks and Older and Weighing 5-9 lbs
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE
STARTS WORKING THROUGH CONTACT
● Treatment of cats with PetPrevea™ II for Cats kills fleas that may cause flea allergic dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity (FBH).
● Effectively breaks the flea life cycle. Stops existing flea infestations by killing adult fleas. And, prevents reinfestations on treated cats.
% By Weight
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
If In Eyes:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 - 20 minutes.
● Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Hot Line Number
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For medical emergencies call 1-833-571-1532.
Note To Physician
Treat the patient symptomatically.
Hazards To Humans
WarningCauses substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if swallowed. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Keep children and pets away from treated animal until treated area has dried.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
For external use only. Do not apply to cats under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 5 lbs. Do not get this product in cats’ eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats. Individual sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for cats. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your cat is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
Side EffectsMonitor your cat after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as hypersalivation, vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported. If these or other side effects (such as lethargy) occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-833-571-1532.
For consumer questions call 1-888-261-4657. For medical emergencies call 1-833-571-1532
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. To prevent harm to you and your cat, read the entire label and package insert before each use. Follow all directions and precautionary statements carefully.
● Use only on cats 8 weeks and older and weighing 5-9 lbs.
● Do not use on other animals.
● Do not allow your cat to ingest this product.
● Do not exceed labeled dosage amount for cats.
● Do not apply more than one (1) tube per treatment, even for larger cats.
● Cat should be dry prior to application and keep cat dry for 24 hours after the application.
● Do not allow cats to groom each other until product has dried.
How To Open
Remove inner tray from carton. Firmly grasp one tube and pull away from tray. Hold tube firmly in one hand. With the other hand, push down firmly on the cap and turn counter clockwise (to the left). Continue twisting cap until it comes off the tube. Turn the cap around and place opposite end of cap back on tube. Twist cap to break seal. Remove cap from tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Prepare tube as shown in “How to Open”.
2. Position the tip of the tube on the cat’s back between the shoulder blades. Use the tip of the tube to part the cat’s hair so that the product will be applied at skin level. Squeeze tube, applying entire contents in a single spot on the cat’s skin. Separate treated cat from other pets for 24 hours after treatment has been applied. Do not allow your cat to ingest this product or get the product into their eyes. Proper placement of the product on your cat will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick and ingest the product. Carefully avoid allowing the product to run off the side of the cat.
3. Discard empty tube and packaging as described in the Storage and Disposal section.
4. Apply monthly for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on cats frequently elicits a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity. Treatment of cats with PetPrevea™ II for Cats kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition.
PetPrevea™ II for Cats kills existing fleas on cats within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for up to four (4) weeks.
PetPrevea™ II for Cats kills adult fleas quickly, within 12 hours, and inhibits the development of immature flea life stages and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage.
PetPrevea™ II for Cats is waterproof after 24 hours and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Apply monthly treatments for optimal control and prevention of fleas on cats.
Storage And Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Nonrefillable container. If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Limited Warranty And Limitation Of Damages
IMPORTANT: READ BEFORE USE. Read the entire Directions for Use, Conditions of Warranties and Limitations of Liability before using this product. If these terms and conditions are not acceptable, return the unopened product container at once. By using this product, user or buyer accepts the following Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability.
CONDITIONS: The directions for use of this product are believed to be adequate and must be followed carefully. However, it is impossible to eliminate all risks associated with the use of this product. Ineffectiveness, injury, and other unintended consequences may result because of such factors as manner of use or application (including misuse), the presence of other materials, weather conditions, and other unknown factors, all of which are beyond the control of CAP IM Supply, Inc. All such risks shall be assumed by the user or buyer.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: To the extent consistent with applicable law, CAP IM Supply, Inc. makes no other warranties, express or implied, of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise, that extend beyond statements on the label.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: To the extent consistent with applicable law, neither CAP IM Supply, Inc., the manufacturer, nor the Seller shall be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use, handling, application, storage, or disposal of this product. To the extent consistent with applicable law, the exclusive remedy of the user or buyer for any and all losses, injuries or damages resulting from the use, handling, application, or storage of this product, whether in contract, warranty, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, shall not exceed the purchase price paid.
For consumer questions call 1-888-261-4657
For medical emergencies call 1-833-571-1532
EPA Reg. No. 91384-4-91019
EPA Est. No. 2596-OH-1
CAP Supply, Inc., 303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30346
PetPrevea™ is a trademark of MWI Animal Health
4 tubes, each 0.014 fl. oz. (0.4 mL)
Distributed by MWI Animal Health
3041 W. PASADENA DR., BOISE, ID, 83705
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2022-11-29