PetArmor Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs (3-10 lbs)This page contains information on PetArmor Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs (3-10 lbs) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- PetArmor Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs (3-10 lbs) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for PetArmor Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs (3-10 lbs)
- Direction and dosage information for PetArmor Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs (3-10 lbs)
PetArmor Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs (3-10 lbs)This treatment applies to the following species:
Kills flea eggs
Kills flea larvae
Contains imidacloprid & pyriproxyfen, the active ingredients used in Advantage® II*
Starts working through contact
Once-A-Month topical treatment for fleas on dogs. ONLY for dogs and puppies over 7 weeks of age & weighing 3-10 lbs.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
PetArmor Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs (3-10 lbs) Caution
*PetArmor® Advanced 2 Flea Treatment for Dogs is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer Healthcare LLC, the makers of Advantage® II.
DO NOT USE ON CATS
Once per month topical flea treatment for dogs
● Kills adult fleas, larvae, and eggs, providing 3-way protection
● Controls existing flea eggs and fleas and prevents future infestations for 1 month
● Kills fleas within 12 hours of application on dogs
READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE.
USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES 7 WEEKS OF AGE OR OLDER.
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION. Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS. For external use on dogs only. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for dogs. Do not treat your dog with more than one pesticide product at a time. Over dosing your dog can result in serious illness and even death. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing dogs.
● Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
● Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
● Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor.
● Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If in eyes:
● Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye.
● Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
If on skin or clothing:
● Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
HOT LINE NUMBER: Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-888-908-TICK (8425) for emergency medical treatment information.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN: Treat the patient symptomatically.
Directions For Use
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR DOG, READ ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE EACH USE. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS & PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY.
● DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO APPLY PRODUCT.
● Do not use on animals other than dogs.
● Do not allow your dog to ingest this product.
● Do not reapply for 4 weeks.
● Use entire contents of tube on each dog. Do not split one tube between dogs. Do not use multiple tubes on one dog.
● Weigh your dog to be sure you are applying the right dose formulated for the weight of your dog.
● Separate the treated dog from all other dogs and cats for 24 hours after treatment has been applied.
● Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with the treated area until completely dry.
How to Open:
1. Remove product tubes from the package.
2. Separate one tube from the others. Hold the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body. Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
How to Apply:
1. Invert tube over dog and use open end to part dog’s hair.
2. Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the dog’s skin as a spot to the dog’s back between the shoulder blades.
Only For Dogs Weighing 3-10 lbs. Do not apply to dogs weighing less than 3 lbs. Apply one tube 0.4 mL (0.014 fl oz) directly to skin as a spot to the dog’s back between the shoulder blades.
FREQUENCY OF APPLICATION
Use this product monthly for control of flea infestations. Studies show that this product kills fleas within 12 hours of application and lasts for up to 4 weeks. This product kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours and prevents further infestations of fleas. Apply monthly for flea control. This product is waterproof and remains effective, even after bathing, swimming, or exposure to sunlight or rain.
Side EffectsMonitor your dog after application. Some dogs may experience temporary startle effects when any product is applied. Dogs may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product application such as redness, scratching or other signs of discomfort. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your dog with a mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If these or other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian or call 1-888-908-TICK (8425). If your dog has an unusual reaction to the initial application, consult a veterinarian before repeating application. The most common signs of incidental ingestion are excessive salivation and foaming at the mouth. If these symptoms occur, immediately feed your dog and continue to monitor your dog for the next 24 hours.
DO NOT USE ON CATS. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. Contact your veterinarian if applied to a cat or ingested by a cat.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
PESTICIDE STORAGE: Do not remove tube from the pack until ready to use. Store in a cool (below 77°F/25°C), dry place inaccessible to children and pets. Do not refrigerate. Protect from direct sunlight.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL: If empty: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Or write to: Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc., PO Box 540399, Omaha, NE 68154-0399
Manufactured by: Sergeant’s Pet Care Products, Inc., Omaha, NE 68138
EPA Reg. No. 2517-176
EPA Est. No. 2517-NE-02
0.056 fl oz (1.6 mL)
Part of PetIQ
P.O. BOX 540399, OMAHA, NE, 68154-0399
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-02-28