Nobivac Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLVThis page contains information on Nobivac Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLV for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLV Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLV
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLV
Nobivac Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLVThis treatment applies to the following species:
FELINE LEUKEMIA-RHINOTRACHEITIS-CALICI-PANLEUKOPENIA-CHLAMYDIA PSITTACI VACCINE Modified Live Virus and Chlamydia and Killed Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh+FeLV vaccine is a combination vaccine that unites the benefits of Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh and Nobivac® Feline 2-FeLV in one vaccination.
Nobivac Feline 1-HCPCh + FeLV Indications
This product has been shown to be effective for vaccination of healthy cats 9 weeks of age or older against feline rhinotracheitis, calici, panleukopenia, feline leukemia viruses and Chlamydia psittaci. Duration of Immunity against feline leukemia virus is at least 2 years. Duration of Immunity for feline rhinotracheitis, calici, panleukopenia viruses and Chlamydia psittaci has not been established. To review efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
This product has been shown to be effective against persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukemia virus.
Dosage and AdministrationPrior to use, warm the Nobivac® Feline 2-FeLV to room temperature and shake well. Transfer the contents of the Nobivac® Feline 2-FeLV vial to the Nobivac® Feline 1-HCPCh vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved.
Two doses are required for primary immunization.
Initial vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older.
Second vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly 3 to 4 weeks following the initial vaccination.
The presence of maternal antibodies is known to interfere with the development of active immunity in cats and additional boosters will be required in most young animals. Historically, annual revaccination has been recommended for this product. The need for this booster has not been established. For more information on revaccination frequency, in general or in the face of maternal antibody, consult your veterinarian or the manufacturer.
● Store at 2° - 8°C (35°-46°F).
● Do not freeze.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label.
● Inactivate unused contents before disposal.
● In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
● Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant cats.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
● It is important to realize that certain conditions and events may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following FeLV vaccination. Prior exposure to the disease, or disease latency, are conditions in which vaccination may not alter the course of the disease. Therefore, diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV antigen prior to vaccination is recommended. Also, vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), another feline retrovirus. It is important to advise the cat owner of these situations prior to vaccination.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 1559.2B
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-02-28