Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLV (Canada)This page contains information on Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLV for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLV Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLV
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLV
Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLVThis treatment applies to the following species:
FELINE LEUKEMIA-RHINOTRACHEITIS-CALICI-PANLEUKOPENIA VACCINE
Modified Live and Killed Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP+FeLV vaccine is a combination vaccine that unites the benefits of Nobivac® Feline 1-HCP and Nobivac® Feline 2-FeLV in one vaccination.
Nobivac Feline 1-HCP vaccine is a modified live virus vaccine for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by feline rhinotracheitis, calici, and panleukopenia viruses.
Nobivac Feline 2-FeLV vaccine is recommended for the vaccination of healthy cats as an aid in the prevention of lymphoid tumors caused by, and diseases associated with, feline leukemia virus (FeLV) infection. Vaccination with this product prevents persistent viremia in cats exposed to virulent feline leukemia virus. The feline leukemia virus, subgroups A and B, are cultured in tissue culture cells. The virus has been chemically inactivated and combined with a proprietary adjuvant designed to enhance the immune response.
Dosage and Administration
Prior to use, warm the Nobivac Feline 2-FeLV vaccine to room temperature and shake well.
Transfer contents of the Nobivac Feline 2-FeLV vial to the Nobivac Feline 1-HCP vial aseptically. Mix gently until dissolved. Use entire contents immediately after rehydration.
Two doses are required for primary immunization.
Initial vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly at 9 weeks of age or older.
Second vaccination: Inject 1 dose (1 mL) subcutaneously or intramuscularly 3 to 4 weeks following the initial vaccination.
Revaccinate every two years with a single dose of Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLV. Revaccination in the intervening years with Nobivac Feline 1-HCP is recommended.
Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships. Studies indicate that cats vaccinated with Nobivac Feline 1-HCP+FeLV are protected against persistent FeLV viremia for at least two years after vaccination.
● Store at 2° to 7°C (35° to 45°F).
● Do not freeze.
● Do not mix with other vaccines.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Burn vaccine container and all unused contents.
● Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Some reports suggest that in cats, the administration of certain veterinary biologicals may induce the development of injection-site fibrosarcomas.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant cats.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
● It is important to realize that certain conditions and events may cause some cats to be unable to develop or maintain an adequate immune response following FeLV vaccination. Prior exposure to the disease, or disease latency, are conditions in which vaccination may not alter the course of the disease. Therefore, diagnostic testing of all cats for FeLV antigen prior to vaccination is recommended. Also, vaccination with this product will not offer cross-protection against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV), another feline retrovirus. It is important to advise the cat owner of these situations prior to vaccination.
Merck Animal Health, division of Intervet Inc.
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
U.S. Veterinary License No. 165A
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information:
Intervet Canada Corp.
16750 ROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE, KIRKLAND, QC, H9H 4M7
|Fax:||Toll-free 888-498-4444; local 514-428-7014|
Copyright © 2022 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2021-12-02