Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8This page contains information on Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8
- Direction and dosage information for Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8
Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8This treatment applies to the following species:
CANINE INFLUENZA VACCINE
H3N8, Killed Virus
FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
IN THE ABSENCE OF A VETERINARIAN-CLIENT-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP, FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE RELABELING, REPACKAGING, RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL CONTENTS OF THIS PACKAGE.
Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 Indications
This product has been shown to be effective for vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older against canine influenza virus. Duration of Immunity has not been established. To review efficacy and safety data, go to productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
This product contains influenza A/canine/Florida/25/2006(H3N8). This product has also been shown to be effective against lung lesions, coughing and viral shedding.
Dosage and Administration
Restricted to use by or under the direction of a veterinarian. Mix well before use. Inject one dose (1mL) subcutaneously. The initial dose may be given at 6 weeks of age or older. Repeat dose 2 to 4 weeks later. Two doses are required for primary immunization.
Historically, annual revaccination has been recommended for this product. The need for this booster has not been established. Contact your veterinarian or manufacturer for more information on revaccination frequency.
● Store at 2°- 8°C (35°- 46°F).
● Do not freeze.
● Use new, non-chemically sterilized needles and syringes.
● Do not mix with other products.
● In case of human exposure, contact a physician.
● Contains gentamicin and amphotericin B as preservatives.
● Vaccinate only healthy, non-parasitized dogs.
● Do not vaccinate pregnant bitches.
● The use of a biological product may produce anaphylaxis and/or other inflammatory immune-mediated hypersensitivity reactions. Antidote: Epinephrine, corticosteroids, and antihistamines may all be indicated depending on the nature and severity of the reaction.
Intervet Inc. d/b/a Merck Animal Health
Omaha, NE 68103 USA
VLN 165A/PCN 15K5.20
1 800 224-5318 (USA)
1 866 683-7838 (Canada)
For patent information: http://www.merck.com/product/patent/home.html
2 GIRALDA FARMS, MADISON, NJ, 07940
|Technical Service (Companion Animal):||800-224-5318|
|Technical Service (Livestock):||800-211-3573|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Nobivac Canine Flu H3N8 information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2020 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2020-10-21