Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen)This page contains information on Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen) for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen) Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen)
- Direction and dosage information for Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen)
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen)This treatment applies to the following species:
B1 Type, B1 Strain, Mass & Ark Types
This vaccine contains B1 type, B1 strain Newcastle disease virus and bronchitis of the Massachusetts and Arkansas types which have been shown to aid in the prevention of Newcastle disease and bronchitis. It is recommended for vaccination of healthy one-day-old chickens by coarse spray administration.
CAUTION: NEWCASTLE DISEASE CAN CAUSE INFLAMMATION OF THE EYELIDS OF HUMANS. EYE PROTECTION MUST BE WORN WHEN REHYDRATING AND ADMINISTERING THIS VACCINE. AVOID CONTAMINATING HANDS AND CLOTHING WITH THE VACCINE. HAND WASHING IS RECOMMENDED AFTER EXPOSURE TO THE PRODUCT.
READ FULL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY
Administer only as recommended.
Use entire contents when first opened.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
Penicillin and Streptomycin Sulfate are added as bacteriostatic agents.
Contains Amphotericin B as a fungistatic agent.
Burn this container and all unused contents.
AMPULES: Store in liquid nitrogen container.
DILUENT: Store at room temperature.
LIQUID NITROGEN CONTAINER: Carefully observe all liquid nitrogen precautions including wearing eye protection and gloves. Store in a cool, well-ventilated area. Check liquid nitrogen level daily. Keep container away from incubator intakes and chicken boxes. CAUTION: DO NOT HOLD AMPULE TOWARD FACE WHEN REMOVING FROM A LIQUID NITROGEN CONTAINER. NEVER REFREEZE A VACCINE AMPULE AFTER THAWING.
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen) Indications
This vaccine is recommended for coarse spray vaccination of healthy one-day-old chickens. It is essential that the chickens be maintained under good environmental conditions and that exposure to disease viruses be reduced as much as possible.
PREPARATION OF VACCINE
1. Dilute the vaccine only as directed, observing all precautions and warnings for handling.
2. Remove from the liquid nitrogen only the ampules that are going to be used immediately. Move quickly, but carefully.
3. Place the ampule(s) in a large, clean container of water at 68° to 86°F (20° to 30°C) to thaw ampule quickly. Thaw the entire contents. Gently swirl the ampule to disperse contents. Break ampule at its neck and quickly proceed as described below.
4. Transfer the contents of the ampule with a sterile syringe fitted with an 18 to 20 gauge needle to cool, distilled water (10,000 doses to 700 ml of water).
5. Use the vaccine mixture immediately as described below.
Use Of Vaccine For Coarse Spray Administration
Coarse spray vaccination is recommended for healthy chickens at one day of age or older.
1. Each box of 100 chickens should receive approximately 7 ml of vaccine. The exact amount can be determined by spraying into a calibrated tube or container to arrive at the number of applications needed to deliver 7 ml of vaccine.
2. Take care to administer a full dose to each chicken.
3. Allow chicks to dry; avoid chilling.
Liquid Nitrogen Precautions
The liquid nitrogen containers and vaccines should be handled only by properly trained personnel. These persons should be familiar with the Union Carbide publication “Precautions and Safe Practices - Liquid Atmospheric Gasses”, form #9888.
Liquid nitrogen is extremely cold. Accidental contact with skin or eyes can cause serious frostbite. Protect eyes with goggles or face shield. Wear gloves and long sleeves when removing and handling frozen ampules or when adding liquid nitrogen to the container.
Storage and handling of liquid nitrogen containers should be in a well-ventilated area. Excessive amounts of nitrogen reduce the concentration of oxygen in the air of an unventilated space and can cause asphyxiation. If drowsiness occurs, get fresh air quickly and ventilate the entire area. If a person becomes groggy or loses consciousness while working with liquid nitrogen, get the person to a well-ventilated area immediately. If breathing has stopped, begin artificial respiration. Call a physician immediately.
Do not vaccinate diseased birds.
Vaccinate all birds on the premises at one time.
Administer a full dose to each bird.
Avoid stress conditions during and following vaccination.
Do not place chickens in contaminated facilities.
Exposure to disease must be minimized as much as possible.
For veterinary use only.
Merial’s vaccines have met the requirement of the USDA in regard to safety, purity, and potency. This vaccine has been tested by the Master Seed immunogenicity test for efficacy.
Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen) Caution
The capability of this vaccine to produce satisfactory results depends upon many factors including - but not limited to - conditions of storage and handling by the user, administration of the vaccine, health and responsiveness of individual chickens and degree of field exposure. Therefore, directions for use should be followed carefully. The use of this vaccine is subject to applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
THIS VACCINE IS NON-RETURNABLE
MERIAL, INC., Athens, GA 30601 USA
U.S. Vet Lic. No. 298
Product Code NBF-1330
Presentation: 5 x 10,000 doses frozen.
Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim
P.O. BOX 2497, GAINESVILLE, GA, 30503
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Newcastle-Bronchitis Vaccine (B1 Type, B1 Strain; Mass & Ark Types) (Frozen) information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the US product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2019 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-11-30