Maxiban Premix (Canada)This page contains information on Maxiban Premix for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Maxiban Premix Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Maxiban Premix
- Direction and dosage information for Maxiban Premix
Maxiban PremixThis treatment applies to the following species:
Narasin/Nicarbazin Drug Premix with Microtracer®
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY
PREMIX / MEDICATED
FOR USE IN BROILER CHICKEN FEEDS ONLY
Maxiban Premix Indications
As an aid in the prevention of coccidiosis caused by Eimeria necatrix, E. tenella, E. acervulina, E. brunetti, E. maxima and E. mitis in broiler chickens.
IMPORTANT: Must be thoroughly mixed in feeds before use.
Uniformly mix 0.5 kg to 0.625 kg of Maxiban Premix in 1 tonne (1000 kg) of feed to provide 80 ppm to 100 ppm of total narasin/nicarbazin activity (40 ppm to 50 ppm of each).
It is recommended that Maxiban Premix be mixed with a small quantity of the finished feed before it is incorporated into the bulk of the feed being prepared.
Feed continuously as the sole ration.
1. No withdrawal period is required for broiler chickens when treated according to the label.
2. Do not feed to laying chickens.
3. When mixing and handling Maxiban Premix, use protective clothing, impervious gloves, and a dust mask. If accidental eye contact occurs, immediately rinse thoroughly with water. Operators should wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.
4. Keep out of reach of children.
1. Do not allow canines, horses or other equines access to formulations containing narasin. Ingestion of narasin by these species has been fatal.
2. Poultry consuming narasin should not be treated with products containing tiamulin. Severe growth depression may occur.
3. Do not feed to turkeys or breeding hens in production.
4. Do not use this medicated feed for the treatment of outbreaks of coccidiosis.
5. Not to be used in feeds containing pellet binding agents with the exception of Lignosol (4%) and Bentonite (2%).
STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at or below 25 °C. Excursions permitted to 37 °C.
NOT TO BE USED AFTER THE EXPIRATION DATE.
Elanco, Maxiban and the diagonal bar are trademarks owned or licensed by Eli Lilly and Company, its subsidiaries or affiliates.
Microtracer is a trademark of Micro Tracers Inc., U.S.A. used under license.
Elanco Canada Limited, 150 Research Lane, Suite 120, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 4T2
(successor to Novartis Animal Health Canada Inc.)
RESEARCH PARK CENTRE, 150 RESEARCH LANE, SUITE 120, GUELPH, ON, N1G 4T2
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the Maxiban Premix information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2018 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2018-10-31