KetoCheck (Canada)This page contains information on KetoCheck for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- KetoCheck Indications
- Warnings and cautions for KetoCheck
- Direction and dosage information for KetoCheck
KetoCheckThis treatment applies to the following species:
KETONE TEST POWDER FOR MILK, URINE OR PLASMA
KetoCheck is a test material used to detect the presence of ketone bodies in milk, urine or plasma. Ketosis or the presence of ketones (acetones) in lactating cows occurs within a few days to six to eight weeks after calving. The disease is usually indicated by the cow going off feed, loss of weight, nervousness, and high excitability. There is also a loss of milk production.
INGREDIENTS: Sodium Carbonate, Ammonium Sulfate, Nitroprusside.
Directions For Use
1) Place small quantity (1-2 Gm) of KetoCheck powder on plain white surface.
2) Deposit one to two drops of milk, urine or plasma onto the powder.
3) Read results after two minutes noting any change in color of the powder.
4) A purple color denotes a positive test. If test shows positive, contact a veterinarian. Colostrum milk during the first 96 hours after calving may not provide a suitable test sample.
KEEP TIGHTLY CLOSED
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Mfg. for: Creative Science, LLC, 455 Sovereign Court, Ballwin, MO 63011 USA
NAC No.: 1249000.2
Distributed by CENTRAL SALES LTD.
14 REGAN RD., UNIT # 1, BRAMPTON, ON, L7A 1B9
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the KetoCheck information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2016 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2016-08-21