K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog (Canada)This page contains information on K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog Indications
- Warnings and cautions for K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog
- Direction and dosage information for K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog
K9 Advantix II Extra Large DogThis treatment applies to the following species:
Flea Adulticide/Larvicide/Ovicide and Tick, Mosquito and Lice Adulticide
Once-A-Month Topical Flea, Tick, Mosquito and Lice Treatment
FOR USE ONLY ON DOGS OVER 25 KG AND OVER 8 WEEKS OF AGE
DO NOT USE ON CATS, KITTENS OR ANY OTHER ANIMAL
READ THE LABEL AND INSERT BEFORE USING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
WARNING EYE AND SKIN IRRITANT
TOXIC TO CATS
REG. NO. 29779 P.C.P. ACT
K9 advantix® II extra large dog will control fleas, ticks and lice on dogs weighing 25 kg or more within one day of treatment and will continue to protect the dog from further flea, tick and lice infestations for at least four weeks. K9 advantix® II extra large dog also kills mosquitoes. Reapply every month for continual pest control in situations where there is an ongoing risk of flea and tick infestation. Otherwise, treatment must only be repeated if pest problem re-occurs. If re-treatment becomes necessary earlier than 4 weeks, DO NOT re-treat more than once weekly. A veterinarian should be consulted when pest infestation continues to be a problem on the pet.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of pets with K9 advantix® II extra large dog rapidly kills fleas and may reduce incidence of this condition.
K9 advantix® II extra large dog provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations. Fleas, flea eggs and larvae are killed following contact with a K9 advantix® II extra large dog treated pet. Kills adult ticks, mosquitoes and lice only. Re-infestation from the emergence of new fleas and ticks in the environment may continue to occur for six weeks or longer after treatment is initiated. For effective flea, tick and lice control, treatment of the pet should be combined with the sanitation of any area used by the pet. Vacuum floors, carpets, and furniture (discard vacuum bag after use) and wash the pet’s bedding, living quarters, and surrounding areas. If pest problems persist, an insecticidal premise treatment may be required.
Do not shampoo or immerse the dog in water immediately after treatment. The dog can be shampooed, immersed in water or exposed to rain 3 days after treatment. The duration of protection may be shortened by shampooing, water immersion or exposure to rain. Re-application may be required after such activities.
Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals receiving drug or other pesticide treatment. DO NOT apply to dogs less than 8 weeks of age.
HUMANS: KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. Harmful if swallowed, or absorbed through the skin. Causes eye irritation. DO NOT get in eyes. May irritate the skin. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. Avoid contact with pets until dry. Wear rubber gloves when applying product. After handling or applying, wash hands (or any other skin that came into contact with the product) with soap and water. This product is extremely toxic to fish. Do not contaminate water, feed or food by storage or disposal.
PETS: Toxic to cats. Cats that actively groom or engage in close physical contact with recently treated dogs may be at risk of serious harm, including death. Sensitivities may occur after using any pesticide for pets. Smaller animals are more likely to experience an adverse reaction. Observe carefully.
Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals receiving drug or other pesticide treatment. Do not use on animals under 8 weeks of age. Call 1 888 663-5326 (1 888 NO-FLEA6) for assistance regarding K9 advantix® II extra large dog use.
HUMANS: IF SWALLOWED: Call poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
IF IN EYES: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control centre or doctor for treatment advice.
IF ON SKIN OR CLOTHING: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes. Call a poison control centre or doctor for treatment advice.
Take the container, label or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical attention.
PETS: If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe the pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION: Treat the patient symptomatically.
DISPOSAL: Wrap empty tube and cap in newspaper and dispose in household garbage.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
For the control of fleas and ticks on dogs weighing 25 kg or more and over 8 weeks of age.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY ON DOGS WEIGHING 25 KG OR MORE.
DO NOT administer by mouth. DO NOT use on dogs under 8 weeks of age. DO NOT use on cats, kittens or any other animal. Cats that actively groom or engage in close physical contact with recently treated dogs may be at risk of serious harm, including death (See PRECAUTIONS). Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals under drug or other pesticide treatment.
K9 advantix® II extra large dog is packaged in single 4.0 mL dosage tubes. This package contains one to six monthly 4.0 mL dosages. Reapply every month for continual pest control in situations where there is an ongoing risk of flea and tick infestation. Otherwise, treatment must only be repeated if pest problem re-occurs. If re-treatment becomes necessary earlier than 4 weeks, DO NOT re-treat more than once weekly. DO NOT apply more than one 4.0 mL tube at one time. A veterinarian should be consulted when pest infestation continues to be a problem on the pet.
Treat your dog as follows:
Remove one applicator from the package.
Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
Turn cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
The dog should be standing for easy application.
The entire contents of the K9 advantix® II extra large dog tube should be applied evenly to six or eight spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to dispense a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your pet’s eyes or mouth.
Discard the empty tube as described in “DISPOSAL”.
RETAIN REMAINING PACKAGING INFORMATION FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Watch for signs of sensitivities to K9 advantix® II extra large dog. Refer to FIRST AID for further information.
® TM see www.bayer.ca/tm-mc
NET CONTENTS: One to six 4.0 mL Tubes
Bayer Inc., 2920 Matheson Blvd East, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 5R6
1 888 663-5326
2920 MATHESON BOULEVARD EAST, MISSISSAUGA, ON, L4W 5R6
|Telephone:||905-282-5550 or 800-62BAYER (800-622-2937)|
|Technical Services Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Order Desk Fax:||800-361-3306|
|Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the K9 Advantix II Extra Large Dog information published above. However, it remains the responsibility of the readers to familiarize themselves with the product information contained on the Canadian product label or package insert.|
Copyright © 2017 North American Compendiums. Updated: 2017-07-10