Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live VirusThis page contains information on Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live Virus for veterinary use.
The information provided typically includes the following:
- Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live Virus Indications
- Warnings and cautions for Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live Virus
- Direction and dosage information for Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live Virus
Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live VirusThis treatment applies to the following species:
See productdata.aphis.usda.gov for a summary of the studies approved by the USDA for licensing this product. The package insert may also contain additional information developed by the licensee.
Caution: Read the product insert before administering the vaccine.
Each vial contains 1000, 2000 or 5000 doses.
Directions For Use
For drinking water administration in turkeys five weeks of age or older.
For veterinary use only
This product has been shown to be effective for the vaccination of healthy turkeys 5 weeks of age or older against Hemorrhagic Enteritis. Duration of immunity has not been determined. For more information regarding efficacy and safety data, see productdata.aphis.usda.gov.
Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live Virus Indications For Use
This hemorrhagic enteritis virus vaccine is made using a cell culture propagated pheasant origin strain of avian adenovirus type 2. It has been developed for drinking water administration in turkeys aged 5 weeks or older.
This product is not recommended for use in unhealthy or diseased turkeys, and turkeys which are not maintained under good environmental or sanitary conditions. Other infections, particularly respiratory diseases, may increase the likelihood of adverse reactions.
Water should be withheld long enough prior to vaccination in order to induce mild to moderate thirst in the turkeys. A bucket or proportioner may be used to deliver the vaccine. The water must be free of chlorine, iodine, disinfectants or other medications that could inactivate the virus thus reducing vaccine efficacy. Vaccination is dependent upon the birds ingesting enough live virus to produce a mild infection. In order to avoid severe vaccine associated reactions, do not use more vaccine than what is recommended below. Do not use any other vaccines for 1-2 weeks after administering the vaccine.
The vaccinated birds should not be placed on contaminated premises. Exposure should be avoided immediately following vaccination. All susceptible turkeys on the same premises should be vaccinated at the same time. If this is not possible, then strict isolation and separate caretakers should be employed for non-vaccinated turkeys. Efforts should be made to reduce stress conditions at the time of vaccine administration. Do not mix with other products, except as specified on the label. In case of human exposure, contact a physician. Use entire contents when opened.
PREPARATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF THE VACCINE THROUGH DRINKING WATER
1. Withdraw water medication, if any, at least 48 hours before vaccination. Do not resume any medication in the water until 24 hours after all vaccine mixed water has been consumed.
2. Water starve the birds for about two hours prior to vaccination to induce thirst.
3. All waterers should be thoroughly cleaned before use. Do not use disinfecting solution for cleaning since the disinfectant may kill the live virus in the vaccine. All drinking water containers and water lines must be free of any disinfectant or medications for at least 48 hours prior to vaccination and 24 hours after vaccination.
4. Use powdered milk in the water the day preceding vaccination at the rate of 1 cup per 50 gallons of water. Powdered milk neutralizes chlorine.
5. Do not open the vaccine vials until ready to start vaccination. Use vaccine immediately after mixing with drinking water.
6. Tear off the aluminum seal from the vial containing the freeze dried virus and remove the rubber stopper.
7. Use 10 ml of clean, cold non-chlorinated water for rehydration of the freeze dried vaccine. Mix the rehydrated vaccine with drinking water at the rate of 1000 doses in 10 gallons of water. Skimmed milk powder may be added to the water to act as stabilizer before mixing the vaccine. The milk powder is added at the rate of 1 cup per 50 gallons of water.
8. Provide enough waterers so that all birds get a chance to drink the vaccine mixed water. During vaccination, do not expose the waterers to direct sunlight.
9. Continue to provide non medicated water to the birds for at least 24 hours after the vaccine mixed water is totally consumed.
Hemorrhagic Enteritis Vaccine, Live Virus Caution
1. Do not spill or splatter the vaccine. Inactivate empty vials, unused vaccine, and accessories prior to disposal.
2. Use as recommended. Do not over or under dilute the vaccine.
3. Store unopened vaccine vials refrigerated at 35°F - 46°F (2°C - 8°C).
4. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter or 4 weeks prior to start of lay.
5. Contains penicillin and streptomycin as preservatives.
HYGIEIA BIOLOGICAL LABORATORIES, P.O. Box 8300, Woodland, CA 95776, USA
U.S. Vet. Lic. No. 407
P.O. BOX 8300, WOODLAND, CA, 95776
|Lab/Main Office:||530-661-1442 (telephone)|
|Adverse Reaction Reporting:||530-661-1442 (telephone)|
Copyright © 2023 Animalytix LLC. Updated: 2023-05-29